• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should we reduce how many Power pages we have?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay.

Which staff members have helped out in this thread previously?

This was a proposal I made the last time, tackling the least controversial issues one at a time.

Seems to have been agreed by Ant and Bob and the others haven't showed any opposition to merging, up till now.
Sorry for the late response, but I disagree. Rage Power is a significant-enough power to be indexed separately, many verses treat it as such.

Best case scenario is to make an Empathetic Empowerment page or just leave it as it is.

I think Awakened Power is broad enough of a name that we can just rework that page into being a list of the three different types of ways a character can get a sudden burst of power.

On another note, not sure if this has been debated on somewhere else, but I think Markmanship should just be redirected to Weapon Mastery, for obvious reasons. Just an unnecessary specific version of an existing ability imo.

After reviewing the entire thread, it appears that there are no outstanding tasks or actions required. All the accepted proposals have been successfully incorporated, and the remaining suggested abilities for merging have been dismissed. In light of this, I believe it's appropriate to conclude and close the thread.
Did you handle all of this already?
I agree about merging rage power and awakened power into statistics amplification, time stop with time manipulation, and sense manipulation with perception manipulation.
According to awakened power description;

It seems they don't match with statistics amplification, as they are uncontrollable.
Well, it is still a form of statistics amplification, so wouldn't it be better to just create a new Rage Power section in the Statistics Amplification page?
I am aware of how to do this, but we are now establishing that statistics amplification can be used unconsciously. This sounds to me a new standard, don't we require more opinions on this?
Okay.

Which staff members have helped out in this thread previously?
Sorry for the late response, but I disagree. Rage Power is a significant-enough power to be indexed separately, many verses treat it as such.

Best case scenario is to make an Empathetic Empowerment page or just leave it as it is.
@Tllmbrg @Damage3245 @Armorchompy @DemiiPowa @Sir_Ovens @Andytrenom @Deagonx @Mr._Bambu @KLOL506 @DarkDragonMedeus @Flashlight237 @Maverick_Zero_X @Zaratthustra @Theglassman12 @Therefir @Crabwhale @Just_a_Random_Butler @Abstractions @LephyrTheRevanchist @LordGriffin1000 @Dereck03

Statistics Amplification is broad and technically Rage Power would fall under it but given it's used on its own enough by characters, I don't mind it being separated. I guess the same can be said for awakened power but I don't have a solid opinion on this, I don't mind if they get fused or remain separated.

On a second thought, i think it is better if we merge Statistics Amplification and Statistics Reduction into a brand new Statistics Manipulation, idk why they are separated like that while both powers can be expressed under Statistics Manipulation, not only that but also Stats Manip can express more types of stats ability such as stats swap, transfer, absorption, et.......the similar practice can also be used on Damage Boost and Damage Reduction, merge them and make brand new Damage Manipulation. This perfectly reduce 4 ability pages to 2 while actually expand our site capability to index more abilities, powers

I agree about merging rage power and awakened power into statistics amplification, time stop with time manipulation, and sense manipulation with perception manipulation.
@Antvasima Rage Power and Awakened Power are still being discussed, but can I merge the other two now?

@Antvasima Rage Power and Awakened Power are still being discussed, but can I merge the other two now?
Isn't time stop already get merged??

About Rage Power, i think it is fine to merge, since it is a very conditional power up ability, we can list it on profile as Limited Statistics Amplification and write a justification that the characters can increases their strength, power, stats via rage, etc... Well unless someone can find other niches belong to Rage Power to keep it as a relevant individual power page rather than just stats increases via rage that is....

However, it is probably best if you or somebody else writes drafts in wiki sandbox pages for what the merged together pages should look like.
Actually, someone already redirected and merged Berserk Mode, Rage Power and Awakened Power into Statistics Amplification. When i click into Awakened Power link it went to Stats Amp page.

Okay. It is still uncertain if we should redirect awakened power though.

Yes. I think that Awakened Power can probably remain then, but Rage Power should probably be redirected to Statistics Amplification, Time Stop to Time Manipulation, and Sense Manipulation to Perception Manipulation.

However, it is probably best if you or somebody else writes drafts in wiki sandbox pages for what the merged together pages should look like.
The Time Stop and Perception Manipulation things were already done- as for Rage Power I disagree, it's Empowerment if anything.

Well, @Armorchompy do have a point, since we can consider Rage Power as kind of emotional empowerment, boost stats via rage, anger
But empowerment is apparently more about the nature of a power source than about specifically becoming more powerful.

But empowerment is apparently more about the nature of a power source than about specifically becoming more powerful.
i mean, depend on how we view the power itself, you can consider rage as some form of emotional empowerment which boost statistics, from what i see it, it is a weird small mix of empowerment and stats boost, sometime, we have multiple abilities that overlapping each others. I'm fine either way

I think that it is more focused on getting more powerful, so statistics amplification seems like a better solution to redirect that page to.

Speaking of which, which powers and abilities pages currently need to be turned into redirect links, and which ones have been handled already?

Aside from Rage Power which is still a separate page, i think everything is done for now unless of course people find out new abilities that either need to merge or separate, Awakened Power is already re-directed to Stats Amp, and from what we discuss earlier, Awakened Power should remain as separate page as you and @Armorchompy both agree to let Awakened Power remain separated, @LordGriffin1000 being fine either with either way

It should be mentioned withinoure Awakened Power page that it is not merely about a specific type of statistics amplification. Otherwise I will have to turn it into a redirect page again.

It should be mentioned withinoure Awakened Power page that it is not merely about a specific type of statistics amplification. Otherwise I will have to turn it into a redirect page again.
yeah, we should revise the description of Awakened Power, but i can't think of any proper description for it right now, we should call help, unfortunately

I am very uncertain about if we should create a redirect links from our Rage Power page to our Empowerment page instead of to Statistics Amplification, and think that the second option likely works better. My apologies.
Well you're just wrong, frankly. Rage Power is an increase in statistics caused by an uncontrollable shift in emotions- AKA by an involuntary circumstance inherent to them that is not under their full control- the very definition of Empowerment. Statistics Amplification is for abilities that can be freely and directly activated, which Rage Power is not unless a character is capable of controlling their emotions at will (which most people cannot)

Additionally you should not have gone ahead and apply the redirect without gathering more consensus, given that there were disagreements about the page's deletion earlier in the thread.

Well, I think that it is better to just slightly modify the wording in our statistics manipulation page than to have several redundant ability pages that are just activated differently but otherwise mean much the same thing.

I haven't had the time to deal with this thread for a long time, there is lìmited input here currently, I will go on a vacation soon, and the issue seemed self-evident, so I may have been too hasty to reach a conclusion here, yes.

Well, I think that it is better to just slightly modify the wording in our statistics manipulation page than to have several redundant ability pages that are just activated differently but otherwise mean much the same thing.
Well, your issue with Empowerment then, not Rage Power. I disagree with Empowerment being fused with Statistics Amplification, for the record.

Empowerment and statistics amplification. I am more or less agreeing with ArmorChompy regarding that. I also recall someone bringing up Rage Power which I heard arguments to be its own thing, but also heard empathetic empowerment or something could be its new term was also an option.

Well, I personally think that rage power is a somewhat more limited type of statistics amplification.

We need to have more discussion on rage power and what to do with it.
Well, I personally think that rage power is a somewhat more limited type of statistics amplification.
You cannot really just keep saying this in a debate- it's impossible for us to explain why we think you're wrong if you don't elaborate as to why you think that.

For the record, I agree with Armor on this. If we are to merge Rage Power, it should be with Empowerment. Also, why are we just applying revisions like this without some sort of a consensus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back