• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should top-tier DBGT/Anime characters be Massively FTL?

Unclechairman

VS Battles
Retired
The main reason Dragon Ball characters in GT/Anime continuity are listed as FTL is because of a feat from the Frieza Saga in which King Kai could not keep track of Goku and Frieza's fight despite being capable of tracking Goku's spaceship which moved at FTL speeds. Considering this occurred as far back as the Frieza Saga, that the top tiers of GT are orders upon orders of magnitude stronger than base Goku was in the Frieza Saga, and that the MFTL category starts at only 100x the speed of light, should the top-tiers of GT (and possibly others) be MFTL?

I Been thinking about that. If this calc for the Goku and Freeza FTL thing is true.

http://www.narutoforums.com/blog.php?b=24990

With GT multipliers and If SSJ4 Gogeta was like ten of thousands faster and powerful then anyone in DBZ. He may or may not be billions times faster then light at the very least.

But i don't know. It's hard to know how really fast they are.

If that calc gets accepted then most DBZ Anime characters from the Frieza should be MFTL.

Also the multipliers don't work that way. They're said to increase a person's power level by the multiplier but they don't necessarily increase a person physical stats the same amount as in the case of Kaioken. But if Whis (who is weaker than SSJ4 Goku) is billions of times faster than light (at least in travelling speed) then SSJ4 Goku could likely be as fast if not faster than that.

They should have been MFTL in the first place considering they where OUT PACEING SHIPS THAT CAN MOVE ACROSS SOLAR SYSTEMS POSSABLY GALAXYS IN A YEAR and also Possably a ship that travled to another Galaxy in 6 days (i think King Kai said that namik wasn't in his jurisdiction ie it wasn't in his galaxy) they should have been easily FTL+ If we assume they where moveing even 1/3 that speed

I agree that they possibly are MFTL, but how does calculating the speed of the spaceship used to travel to Namek factor into the issue? Basically, we need better rationales, or somebody will quickly come to question it and start a discussion in which we will look like we unreasonably boost the franchise.

Well I think that the speed of the spaceship factor's into this issue as in the Anime King Kai was able to track the movement or speed of these spaceships who could travel at MFTL speeds but wasn't able to track/keep with the speed at which Goku and Frieza fought or traveled. But I only heard this from people and can't actually confirm it to be true or not.

That seems like a very farfetched rationale though. We need something more concrete than that.

Hmm. Maybe we could place a "Possibly much higher" rating after their speed statistics?

Should I highlight this discussion so that everyone in the wiki can see it and provide their input (or at least have the opportunity to)?

Ehhh... I don't know.

While I agree that those characters are FTL (Possibly FTL+), I can't see Goku and the likes being MFTL.

While it isnt The best of evidence we see the fact that king kai still could not track Goku vs Freeza's fight at all but still could track a FTL ship is enough.

While I do feel like the top tiers are very likely to be at LEAST FTL+, I don't like using the fact that King Kai couldn't track them, as evidence. It feels too shoddy, especially considering that it's much harder to track a fight than an object moving in a straight line, even if they're of similar speeds. That said, I wouldn't have a problem with changing some ratings of top tiers like SSJ4, Gogeta, Omega Shenron, etc to "At least FTL+, possibly MFTL" simply from scaling, alone. It seems perfectly reasonable.

We can place them at "At least" the rating that they currently have, but we cannot fairly place them at MFTL or above based on loose speculation.

Doesn't anybody have some more concrete actual measuring to go by? Perhaps we should just place them all at "Unknown" speed ratings instead?

Antvasima said:
Doesn't anybody have some more concrete actual measuring to go by? Perhaps we should just place them all at "Unknown" speed ratings instead?
If I recall, most of the problems are that concrete, solid feats stop at anime DBZ. GT was kind of a mess so it's usually judged by powerscaling as opposed to attempting to compare it's ludicrous high end and low end feats.

Hmm, but still, do we even have any basis for their current high end FTL+ ratings, or is it all guesswork?

I believe it's from scaling and calcs back on Namek, but you'd probably have to ask someone more knowledgable on the subject of DBZ calcs than me.

Well, I do have a problem with how much, and possibly most, of this wiki seems to be based on guesswork, but I don't know what to do about it? Or rather, I do know that we should technically place an awful lot of statistics at "Unknown", but I am too burned out from managing this wiki to do it myself nowadays.

Well, I would still have to keep track of all the changes, and there would likely be a massive backlash if we start to convert 50% of the pages to "Unknown" statistics, so probably not. It might also turn off many visitors from the site altogether.

It is a good concept in theory, but probably hard to apply wholesale in practice. Feel free to mention extremely unwarranted specific cases to me though. Then we can change the statistics to Unknown.

I think that ssj4 gogeta should be MFTL since he is massively stronger and faster than ssj4 goku and vegeta. I think that is reasonable.

Dbfan and critic said:
Romo Vacen said:
Lightspeed or FTL. nothing more
Reasons?
That's going to far, saying they are MFTL. Pratically in my opinion no one has shown in dragon ball z to be LS or even FTL. Dragon Ball GT is a different story, because they have better feats top tiers and what not.

This is Anime DBZ where Frieza And Goku Moved so fast King Kai lost track of them So To say that Top teirs of GT are FTL + To possably MFTL isn't a stretch

Well if Frieza saga goku is ftl, ssj God is a times 50 modifier if the internet is to be trusted. If he moves at exactly the speed on light, and that's generous, ssjgod and ssgodss have to be mftl.

Dexteradon12 said:
Well if Frieza saga goku is ftl, ssj God is a times 50 modifier if the internet is to be trusted. If he moves at exactly the speed on light, and that's generous, ssjgod and ssgodss have to be mftl.
He was only FTL in the anime. SSJ God is scaled from the manga, since BoG and RoF are canon.

Back