• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Should top-tier DBGT/Anime characters be Massively FTL?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Dexteradon12 said:
Well if Frieza saga goku is ftl, ssj God is a times 50 modifier if the internet is to be trusted. If he moves at exactly the speed on light, and that's generous, ssjgod and ssgodss have to be mftl.
He was only FTL in the anime. SSJ God is scaled from the manga, since BoG and RoF are canon.
They have separate cannons, and I am of the opinion that ssj God cannon in both sense byrus and wis are shown in the trailer to dragon ball super.

Dexteradon12 said:
Akira isn't writing it tho, he's only supervising the project from what I hear
Supose it depends on what Toriyama deems canon, then. If he considers it to be the direct continuation of his work, then it is. If not, then it would be another side series, like GT.

Romo Vacen said:
Dbfan and critic said:
Romo Vacen said:
Lightspeed or FTL. nothing more
Reasons?
That's going to far, saying they are MFTL. Pratically in my opinion no one has shown in dragon ball z to be LS or even FTL. Dragon Ball GT is a different story, because they have better feats top tiers and what not.
Read the topic before you post. This is GT.

They should be IMO. Unfortunately GT is too inconsistent, which breeds skepticism regarding their stats by any downplayers.

He was only FTL in the anime. SSJ God is scaled from the manga, since BoG and RoF are canon.

Um what Bog and RoF are hinted at to be non cannon Due to the first dragon ball super manga chapter where beerus mentions his dream about fighting the super saiyan God And the Gods of creation (the supreme Kai's) Got a bad feeling Like the beginning of Dragon ball BoGs Unless something happend to For sure conferm there Cannon Well I say wait and see wether or not It's actually cannon

I was referring to GT Goku apparently getting cut by glass, and other similar inconsistencies. I know GT characters are far superior than Z characters, if only in power levels.

Lord Kavpeny said:
I was referring to GT Goku apparently getting cut by glass
This apparently gets brought up so much when discussing GT that it has achieved memetic status.

I know, LOL. It is the bog-standard answer to why GT is massively inconsistent.

Well, Toriyama offered an explanation in RoF, in that chi users are vulnerable when relaxed without focusing their chi, but that is admittedly a different continuity.

Goku was in SSJ4 and in the middle of a fight when he was hurt, so I doubt that he wasn't focusing his chi.

I agree. I'm simply pointing out the most commonly known inconsistency in GT, which is what all detractors of GT primarily latch on to when downplaying the Verse.

DarkSchneiderKing said:
Is there any way I can remove this from my messages? I don't wanna be apart of this discussion.
Well you can unfollow it. If you do that you'll stop getting notifications whenever someone posts a reply here.

I don't think that's necessary but you'd probably have to leave a message on his wall asking whether if he wanted his posts removed from here since he unfollowed this thread.

I don't think so. There is no solid evidence. If other admins agree, You could label them as "possibly higher" if you wish though.

The feat we're scrutinizing here is the basis for DBGT characters being not merely possibly MFTL, but FTL as a whole. If this feat isn't acceptable, or is inconclusive, it throws their speed as a whole into question.

Hmm. Is there really no other foundation for them? It would look kind of bad if we placed them all as "Unknown" speed levels.

Goku aim dodged lasers and solar flares back in dragon ball. With all the training and upgrades he gets in the series, he goes from continent to galaxy level. There is no question to me that he is FTL.

Okay. By the way, can somebody please provide scans for the King Kai being unable to keep up incident?

Okay, and it is King Kai saying that, not any of the characters in the image? And when did he follow the movements of the MFTL+ ship?

It was King Kai offscreen, if I recall. He was the only one capable of viewing the fight. As for the ship scans, I don't have them. You probably have to see if someone else does. Keep in mind I'm not really taking a side on this, I just want to help further the discussion.

And your help is appreciated. I am uncertain myself.

Hmm. It is kind of vague, and it should be much harder to keep track of people constantly moving back and forth than a ship on a set course.

And that's why I think they where moving 1/3 Of the ships speed (which should be Relitvistic Plus-FTL) As I feel they should be somewhere in the ball park of the ships Speed But not faster

Back