• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Emiya vs Ichigo Kurosaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
WilliamShadow said:
Also, one second people.
We should all take Knight's example and make matches like this instead of 1 reason + FRA. Applause!
Threads need some hostility to rile people up or call out people on stuff. Before you know it, they're fighting tooth and nail. As long as it's a controlled explosion, everything is fine.

ScarletFirefly said:
Does it even matter if it is a thousand, a hundred or a dozen? Ichigo still can't dodge them and will die to the first couple of barrages. The only thing that changes, is how many times he'll be skewered.
He needs to run out of magical energy faster for some mana transfers.

Okay, I'm seeing this now and I'm laughing.

Did everyone just randomly forget his blades are omnidirectional? What stops him from shooting blades behind Ichigo?

Also, Shirou doesn't even start in UBW as the OP didn't say, what stops Ichigo from trying to tear him apart before that?

Both sides clearly forgot these....

Gargoyle One said:
Also, Shirou doesn't even start in UBW as the OP didn't say, what stops Ichigo from trying to tear him apart before that?
This wasn't forgotten. I already mentioned they start at a considerable distance from each other and Shirou can project blades even outside UBW with no problem. He stopped dozens of Gil's swords outside the Marble.

You didn't, everyone else did.

Also, Shirou has never had the pleasure of using UBWon a moving target that was bum rushing him and not holding back to a ridiculous extent like Gil was, assuming that Shirou doesn't have Ichigo already in his face by the time he activated it shatter KnB and then tearing him apart.

Not sure how well Shirou can hold off a skilled 7A who is already in his face....

Gargoyle One said:
Also, Shirou has never had the pleasure of using UBWon a moving target that was bum rushing him and not holding back to a ridiculous extent like Gil was
The thing is Gilgamesh wasn't holding back with his GoB. He can never beat him with it because Shirou calls his swords much faster than Gil can. That's why he is the perfect counter to him.

And if you think about it, Shirou has had the pleasure of using UBW on moving targets, hundreds of them. Every sword thrown by Gilgamesh is a moving target "bum rushing" him and thrown with the intent to kill, yet he deflects every single one of them while advancing on his own. As a matter of fact, a continuous shower of hundreds of swords from multiple directions at once is a vastly better bum rusher than what a single person can muster.

1. No he wasn't, if he was he would have used GoB and place it behind Shirou to kill him before he activated UBW, I'm referring to before he activated it, not in it.

2. Yes, but this is irrelevant, has he ever projected UBW on a target that's charging him?

@Gar

I know, I'm just saying. It's just something to point out since Ichigo's vs. Byakuya feats don't have him running up against Conceptual Weapons.

Also, as Scarlet mentioned, Shirou's aim was refined by his clashes with Archer and he could easily knock out GoB weapons flying at him with weapons from UBW.

I mean I'm voting Shirou, so I know this.

That video isn't popping up for me...But I do not remember Gil using the Gate behind Shirou BEFORE he uses UBW.

@Gar

Ah BEFORE. I didn't read that part.

But he was underestimating Shirou at the time and was basically showing off Ea, so he didn't have a reason to.

And right there you mentioned the problem, Ichigo is willing to kill and not holding back, he is bumrushing Shirou while Shirou is doing the chant.

@Gargoyle

There's nothing stopping Shirou from chanting while fighting.

Hell, he doesn't even say most of his aria out loud while blocking Gil's attacks. You're making a leap in logic here.

Oh yeah, he can project while doing so.

I was making an assumption, I'm still voting Shirou.

Also, can you....Vote? Literally every time I see you in a versus thread you hardly ever vote.

He can't dodge a getsuga tenshou cause of its Aoe and rho aias will just block what comes in front of him while with shunpuo Ichigo can easily get behind him and spam couple of other getsuga's.

I guess I'm leaning towards Shirou? By that might be my Fate bias talking.

Sure, Ichigo outclasses Shirou in pure swordsmanship, but I'm pretty sure copying the skills of everyone else should narrow that gap considerably.

Even if Shirou can't copy Zangetsu, he can still read it to get an idea of everything Ichigo can do.

He does though

Not true. Shirou likes close combat and when he sees a swordsman he won't instantly try UBW.

We're all biased, we all like to give good reasoning for why our preferred character would win.

He does though

Not true. Shirou likes close combat and when he sees a swordsman he won't instantly try UBW.

This was literally the first thing he did when he was able to do so.

Also when the **** did Shirou ever prefer close combat when he wasn't forced too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back