• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Emiya vs Ichigo Kurosaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll go with Shirou.

Shirou is going to be able to match or surpass his skill in combat with his projections. I'm pretty sure he could project Zangetsu and shatter Ichigo's with his own. This is without bringing haxed weapons like Gae Bolg into account, which would instantly kill Ichigo.

Yes. Gae Bolg isn't divine, and Archer has and uses it in Extella.

Their powers work off the same mechanics so it's fine.

He shattered GoB's weapons by projecting them and shooting them back at them.

Yeah, that's possible. I can't remember that well.

Not like that changes much, Shirou will get Ichigo's experience and knowledge of his techniques.

It does change, because Shirou's copy will break at some point and he'll be open to attacks until he makes something else, which is pretty dangerous in CQC. He would be much better off projecting something from GoB.

The only way i can see Shirou taking this is by using either UBW or Gae Bolg. Otherwise, Ichigo eventually flies up and kills him with Getsuga Tenshou spam.

I would go with Ichigo due to being a more skilled warrior. By his own admission, Shirou states that even his perfected Unlimited Blade Works would not have allowed him to defeat a true master of one weapon as he is merely a creator and not an accomplished master. Him defeating Gilgamesh was completely situational due to him being the perfect counter to Gil's arsenal and Gil's ineptitude at actually doing anything without his rich kid toys.

This a interesting match actually, I dunno if shirou ever use gae bolg in UBW version (forgive me if I'm wrong), maybe shirou can trace zangetsu and maybe he can use Ichigo's ability like getsuga tenshou but, Ichigo has faced someone who stole his power and use his ability before (Ginjo) and still able to win, I'm leaning towards Ichigo for now thanks to his shunpo, flight, good ol' getsuga and for worst case scenario he maybe activated blut vene, and is it possible for Ichigo to destroy UBW like he did to yukio's pocket dimension? Just wondering...

Imo, Shirou can't project Zangetsu, at least, not completely. He can project the shell, but that's it. He has no business getting any powers or abilities that come from the spirit that it embodies as well.

While Shirou is grounded as opposed to a flying Ichigo, iirc, the latter's main avenue of attack is going in for melee. There, Shirou will find out that he's largely physically outmatched (Mountain level Ichigo vs City level KnB Shirou). That said, Shirou can equalize somewhat with projectile swordspam.

That said, Shirou's durability is weirdly stated in his profile. He should only be Wall level when he's not holding a noble phantasm, which is a fat chance in a battle. His durability would somewhat scale to his AP, lest he breaks his arms trying to deflect something, which it doesn't. Also, KnB is noted to increase one's resistance to physical attacks by an indeterminate amount, as is against magical means.

Lastly, Rho Aias should hold enough if Ichigo decides to fly away to shoot Getsuga, to get his aria in, considering it did the same against Gate of Babylon. If there, Ichigo's flight would be pointless as he's gonna be chased by lots and lots of blades.

Shirou 5.5/10

Ichigo: 3

Shirou: 2

@Gemmy I mean hasn't Ichigo technically dealt with things similar to sword spam? If memory serves me right Byakuya attempted the same thing with his Bankai and Ichigo essentially deflected everything.

Ichigo had superior speed to Senbon Sakura at the time, iirc.

Speed equalized here makes the point moot, so him dodging 10 or so won't keep him from being stabbed by 10 more from the sides.

EDIT:

Oh, and before anyone asks, Shirou did project Rho Aias while chanting UBW.

"-I'll make it. This is why one of my eyes is open. I pull out a shield from the hill to block the oncoming Noble Phantasms!"

But then, how did Shirou even know of Rho Aias if he wasn't even there when Archer fought Lancer? He was inside Archer's UBW for a while and was getting his memories while they were fighting. It's not farfetched that he either saw it on the hill or saw it from the memories.

Lastly, before anyone pulls up "Archer projected Rho Aias from a long distance away for Shirou while he was chanting UBW" because Fate Side Materials.

Q: In the end of the Rin route, was it Shirou that projected Rho Aias in the Shirou vs Gilgamesh fight? Or was it Archer?

In Fate/side material, it's said that it was projection magic from Archer, but in the story, there was the depiction of Shirou "pulling the shield from the hill". Does this mean that this switched to Archer's scene?

A: This has been easy to misunderstand, but the part about Archer supporting Shirou was the time before Shirou pulled out Rho Aias, before Shirou came to his realization.

After Shirou's monologue about him being surprised that he was still alive after taking Gil's attack, "If I survived, there must have been a reason why I survived. ButÒÇÇthat was simply something I didn't have any control over."

That was the "Rho Aias" that Archer made to help Shirou in a way that wouldn't let Gilgamesh know there was someone else waiting to ambush him.

Remember when Gilgamesh was surprised that Shirou survived, much less was still intact after hitting him with a gust from Ea? Yeah. Shirou's not surviving that on his own.

I agree with Gemma so i vote for Shirou.

No offence but if Erza who has a telekinesis powerful enough to throws dozens and hundreds of swords against Shirou matching his spam and even better as her swords can show up right above him while his have to travel towards her and can even one shot in close combat and she still loses i don't see what Ichigo can do who has none of the above. Of course she lost cause people went FRA instead of voting but oh well.

And that wasn't even 7-A Shirou.

A question, can Ichigo use his shunpo and afterimage to dodge the sword spams and confuse shirou? or both of them completely useless if speed equalized?

Shirou would know of those techniques too considering he can read Ichigo's sword like an open book.

Can he thou i mean he ain't copying a sword but a soul. Afterimage has nothing to do with the sword.

Copying = / = Reading

He can't trace the clubroom heater now can he? He can read it though.

I don't know if he can read a souls abilties. Thou i don't rally know a lot about that abilty.

Clubroom heater?

WilliamShadow said:
Clubroom heater?
He use his trace abilities to repair the heater, he read the composition of the heater to find the broken parts IIRC, I maybe wrong...

He was fixing a heater as he was talking with Ryuudo Issei in school before the war started. (this is the abridged version. It's a hassle to search for the original ep.1 with my slow net, so yeah)

That said, a zampakuto or however it is spelled is both a sword and a spirit at the same time. Shirou can never read the spirit, nor can he project it, but the sword is fair game. He should be able to read the experiences it had just fine, and shunpo and afterimages aren't exactly a power of the spirit when other shinigami can use it.

WilliamShadow said:
I agree with Gemma so i vote for Shirou.

No offence but if Erza who has a telekinesis powerful enough to throws dozens and hundreds of swords against Shirou matching his spam and even better as her swords can show up right above him while his have to travel towards her and can even one shot in close combat and she still loses i don't see what Ichigo can do who has none of the above. Of course she lost cause people went FRA instead of voting but oh well.

And that wasn't even 7-A Shirou.
That's because people knew her sword spam isn't as good as his, and he has Rho Aias.

Plus, authority fallacy, but both Gemmy and Monarch agreed on this.

Hmm, I don't think Shirou can copy strawberry's sword, as least not fully, as it's an otherwordly weapon. IIRC he didn't project an exact copy of Excalibur despite having a strong connection to it thanks to the scabbard implanted unto him. He can't copy Ea either, but you could argue the sword existed since the Age of Gods so the concept of "sword" didn't even exist back then. Zanpakutos are souls taken form so either he wont be able to copy it at all, or he would copy a "hollow" version of it.

Shirou has neither the power nor the ability to copy Excalibur. That thing is made up of humanity's wishes given physical form. It's more abstract than a soul in the form of a sword, if anything.

Ea predates the concept, and is explicity stated to predate mankind and before Earth came to be as we know it, hence why it brings the concept of "Genesis".

That said, Shirou should at least be able to create the shell that holds the memories of the way the user fights, even if he cannot grasp how it came to be due to it being the physical embodiment of a spirit. Noble Phantasms are, after all, barring some like UBW and No Second Strike, crystallized mysteries that make up part of a heroic spirit's, a copy of a soul's, existence.

Yeah, this is abstract stuff we're going into if we delve deeper into it.

off topic, but this thread somehow remind me of a fanfiction where Ichigo win against berserker in his shikai lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back