• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya vs Shirou Emiya: Battle for Humanity's Greatest Hero.

Ok, so Deku AP is 114.37 Gigatons of TNT?
Because i think Shirou is 962 gigatons of TNT, and his noble Phantasm just one shot here.

Deku does have the LS advantage, so If he caught Shirou with Blackwhip, he could hold him in place.

Shirou have the better arsenal out of the two, and can trown Danmaku of swords at Deku.

I probally gonna vote Shirou due his AP advantage.

Izuku: 139 Gigatons, up to 698 Gigatons with Fa Jin.

Shirou: 962 Gigatons, up to 2.88 Teratons with Unlimited Blade Works.

Shirou's durability is only Small Building level, though with his projections he can compensate for this. From what I know of Shirou and Izuku, this fight depends on who can land a fatal blow first. Shirou has multiple ways of finishing Izuku off quickly, honestly I dare say they both can one shot each other.

I don't think Shirou has anything that could combat Gearshift's speed amp, though it's not something Izuku will start out with, since it's his last resort. Lifting Strength can be a problem for Shirou as well, since he lacks the LS to break out of a bind of Blackwhip. (Though at that point he'd be crushed)

I say Shirou has the skill to avoid being caught by Blackwhip and he can slice them with his swords. It's hard for me to qualify Shirou or Izuku's skill, I'm pretty bad at that kind of stuff. But I know Shirou's projections also copy the skill of the user.

Not to the same level, but using Kanshou and Bakuya gives him skill comparable to Archer, which I believe is higher than Izuku's. If Shirou fails to kill Izuku quickly and makes him realize he's a massive threat to his life, then he'll use Gearshift and probably end the fight.

Fa Jin's Faux 100% boost could also do that as well, and he's more likely to use that than Gearshift.

Have the ask the OP, but due to SBA they will start 4 km away. Is that alright with you?

Since Shirou will have to make his way towards Izuku who'll be throwing Air Force attacks at him from a distance. His range is only Tens of Meters with throwing his swords and Kilometers with Unlimited Blade Work. I doubt he'll start with his Reality Marble, so that puts him at a disadvantage.

Last edited:
Izuku: 139 Gigatons, up to 698 Gigatons with Fa Jin.

Shirou: 962 Gigatons, up to 2.88 Teratons with Unlimited Blade Works.

Shirou's durability is only Small Building level, though with his projections he can compensate for this. From what I know of Shirou and Izuku, this fight depends on who can land a fatal blow first. Shirou has multiple ways of finishing Izuku off quickly, honestly I dare say they both can one shot each other.

I don't think Shirou has anything that could combat Gearshift's speed amp, though it's not something Izuku will start out with, since it's his last resort. Lifting Strength can be a problem for Shirou as well, since he lacks the LS to break out of a bind of Blackwhip. (Though at that point he'd be crushed)

I say Shirou has the skill to avoid being caught by Blackwhip and he can slice them with his swords. It's hard for me to qualify Shirou or Izuku's skill, I'm pretty bad at that kind of stuff. But I know Shirou's projections also copy the skill of the user.

Not to the same level, but using Kanshou and Bakuya gives him skill comparable to Archer, which I believe is higher than Izuku's. If Shirou fails to kill Izuku quickly and makes him realize he's a massive threat to his life, then he'll use Gearshift and probably end the fight.

Fa Jin's Faux 100% boost could also do that as well, and he's more likely to use that than Gearshift.

Have the ask the OP, but due to SBA they will start 4 km away. Is that alright with you?

Since Shirou will have to make his way towards Izuku who'll be throwing Air Force attacks at him from a distance. His range is only Tens of Meters with throwing his swords and Kilometers with Unlimited Blade Work. I doubt he'll start with his Reality Marble, so that puts him at a disadvantage.
Yeah, that's fine. I will say though that everytime I imagine this matchup in my head I always think to myself 'What would Deku fighting Shirou after activating UBW look like?' and that's part of what sold me on this matchup. I didn't want to start them in UBW though because I thought that would be considered unfair.

That's a big advantage towards Izuku at the start, though Shirou deals with odds just as bad as that rather regularly.

In character Izuku isn't going to flatten multiple city blocks or any building to take out one person. So his Air Force strikers will be more precise, which gives Shirou a chance to dodge or parry them with his projections. I think Izuku will want to try and restrain Shirou first as they get closer to each other.

Shirou will be very wary of anything Izuku does, he's use to his opponent having lots of tricks and overwhelming physical abilities. If Izuku is still in the air when he enters Shirou's range, that might lead to him throwing Kanshou and Bakuya and using that "magnetic" trick they share.

Izuku's Danger Sense should warn him of such a trick so he'd be able to avoid them. However, trying to deflecting them is out of the question. They'd cut straight through his Gauntlets and probably just slice his limbs right off. Thankfully he'll be more likely to avoid them due to being sharp weapons.

He could grab their handles with Blackwhip, his superior Lifting Strength would overpower any force the blades can muster. And he'd probably quickly realize they attract each other and get rid of them or even use that property to protect himself from any more that is thrown. However, Shirou can just dispel them.

Shirou is more likely to use Unlimited Blade Works in this situation, since he'll need a lot of projections and attacks to overwhelm Izuku. Maybe he realized that before they got close to each other and was already preparing it?

If Shirou gets off Unlimited Blade Works before Izuku can use Gearshift, he will win. I don't see Izuku being able to handle a rain of swords that can one shot him coming from every single direction. Izuku might not see Shirou as a big enough threat to use Gearshift on until it's too late.

Izuku will probably has some Fa Jin charged up by the time they get close to each other, if he decides to use Faux 100% he could one shot and blitz Shirou. But there is an obvious tell of him using Blackwhip that may give Shirou enough time to project Rho Aias, which can block Izuku's strongest attacks with ease.

Which can give Shirou enough time to use Unlimited Blade Works.

I'm not voting yet, I'm just running different scenarios in my head. I need to give this more thought.

If Shirou uses Unlimited Blade Works, Deku is using Gearshift immediately, especially with Danger Sense probably going wild the second he shows up in there. The amount of threat he will probably have from being put into an alternate reality where the origin is literally “Sword” would give him incentive to not **** around with the guy suddenly spawning weapons.

Shirou can summon weapons from anywhere and all around Deku while in UBW, but he typically summons them then throws them from a distance and not “400000000 swords in Deku’s face centimeters from him instantly.” So in a typical scenario, Deku should have BARELY enough time to activate Gearshift before Shirou one shots him, since it just takes a simple hand movement.

Shirou absolutely wins when inside UBW, but only if you believe Deku can’t make his hand motion fast enough, in which case he would blitz Shirou and turn him into a literal stain.

Outside of UBW, idk who exactly wins. Deku won’t want to use Gearshift immediately, nor does he kill/cause unnecessary damage without reason, and he’s outskilled when Shirou uses Trace, but with Danger Sense + Smokescreen I don’t think Shirou can actually tag him properly. Shirou’s enhanced senses don’t seem to cover being blinded, and I don’t think he has anything else that lets him sense things unless it’s missing from his profile.

So Deku has some tricks but Shirou has a hefty skill chain last I checked from Fate characters. Idk who wins that particular exchange.

I was thinking that myself, Izuku might straight up freak out if he suddenly finds the world around him to change. He might not instantly use Gearshift the second that happens, but will when he feels the swords starting to fly. No time to question if this is real or not, he can see his enemy and will focus on that instead.

I guess it might come down to... can Shirou one shot Izuku in Unlimited Blade Works before he uses Gearshift to blitz him?

I don't think Shirou can take out Izuku without UBW from a distance, but the same is true for Izuku. Shirou's Trace skill should keep him from being grabbed by Blackwhip or his precise air force attacks. Not unless Izuku tries to close the distance and goes for close combat.

But I think Izuku is smart enough to realize that'd be a bad idea against someone who was able to get that close to him in first place.

So UBW is his best shot here.

Also, Izuku is unaware he'll kill Shirou with one attack so he'd be in for quite the surprise if he does get off Gearshift and hits him once.

If Shirou doesn’t have a way around Smokescreen, then Deku probably takes it.

If he does, then it’s down to Shirou sword spamming the instant he’s in UBW and hitting Deku before he activates Gearshift.

Does Shirou not scale to Archer’s range? Dude has an exactly 4km range feat for sniping lol
Going by the profile, Unlimited Blade Works Shirou only has Kilometers of range with Unlimited Blade Works.

Heaven's Feel Shirou is the one who has the Archer stuff like Caladbolg II and Hrunting.

It's been awhile since I played FS/N, but I don't remember UBW Shirou using those kind of weapons in that route. But going off the profile, that seems to be right.

Well that’s … odd. Cuz we know he absorbed most of his skill and he’s seen him snipe with his bow before.
I don't remember it all that well, so I could be wrong, is there a moment where he's shown to use any of those abilities in the Unlimited Blade Work route?

Shirou defeated the King of the Heroes Gilgamesh. Of course Shirou will take one shot

Shirou has AP advantage. Midoriya remains weak and vulnerable to Unlimited Blade Works I will vote for Shirou

Gearshift inside UBW kills Shirou before he can take advantage of it, he is far from vulnerable. The AP advantage is useless if he gets blitzed and one shot before he kills his enemy.

Also, again, does Shirou have anything for not being able to see Deku through Smokescreen.

I think I’ll vote Deku.

The second he winds up in UBW he’s activating Gearshift and blitzing Shirou before he gets one shot, then he reverse one shots him.

Though now that I think about it I don’t believe that allows this match to show up on profiles since Deku is slower than Shirou.

Small Building level durability.

He's only Large Island level+ if he blocks with his projections.
I don't want to be that guy but Shirou's projections can also form inside of his own body to an extent to allow him to survive lethal blows subconsciously before he even knew he could potentially access UBW. I'm pretty sure we have an example of this in both his first and second Keys.

Why is Shirou 962 Gigatons? The only calc I could find is this

Anyways, I'm voting Deku. Even inside UBW, Deku is capable of blitzing Shirou to hell and back with Gearshift, and if he sees an entire realm of swords appear and then those swords raining down on him from all directions, danger sense will tell him to gearshift immediately, blast a hole through the sword rain, and blitz Shirou. If Shirou doesn't use UBW off the bat, then he's more screwed since Deku would have built up Fa Jin at this point

Why is Shirou 962 Gigatons? The only calc I could find is this

Anyways, I'm voting Deku. Even inside UBW, Deku is capable of blitzing Shirou to hell and back with Gearshift, and if he sees an entire realm of swords appear and then those swords raining down on him from all directions, danger sense will tell him to gearshift immediately, blast a hole through the sword rain, and blitz Shirou. If Shirou doesn't use UBW off the bat, then he's more screwed since Deku would have built up Fa Jin at this point
Apparently, EVERYONE scales to Gawain, who is 3x weaker than when using his Numeral of the Saint, which lets him tank 2.9 Teraton noble phantasms.

Gonna need some Fate peeps for that as I am pretty sure the verse has a lot of calculations IIRC.

Anyway, not interested in Versus Debating, but will observe

I mean that’s the scaling I’m getting. Shirou scales to Archer who scales to Saber who scales to base Gawain.
Eh. I not all caught up with Nasuverse CRTs (Nasuverse has practically cost me of my already limited sanity with FGO (Gacha hell)), but yeah something to do with how Shirou did fight against Gilgamesh (However, that was with UBW and with Rin’s help) as in character wise, Shirou normally don’t even have access to his reality marble to the point he need the help of his Tsundere GF to do so plus he needs to chant to use it.

Edit: Not all caught up as I need to correct myself there

Last edited:
Apparently, EVERYONE scales to Gawain, who is 3x weaker than when using his Numeral of the Saint, which lets him tank 2.9 Teraton noble phantasms.
hmmmmmmmmm

that poses a bit of a problem then

If Shirou's swords are that strong then Deku's gonna have a massive problem trying to repel them without touching them, cuz he's not strong enough to blow them away with Air Force Gloves, and he risks getting 1 shot from a blade through the gut. Heck if we scale Shirou's swords to Gilgamesh's Gate of Babylon then all of his weapons have a random chance to curse him on contact which screws with him even more

Due to this, I previously decided to go for Deku initially since he has the AP necessary to blast through the swords at once with Air Force as opposed to dodging them, cuz Danger Sense or not he's not getting through Shirou's Danmaki. Problem is, now I'm not sure if he really can get through the rain of swords anymore unless he Gearshifts immediately (which there's not guarantee he'll do, idk how potent Danger Sense is) and break his arm just to push the swords back. Even then, however, Shirou will still just keep making more and more, potentially outlasting Deku's 2 min window

I rescind my vote for the time being, not sure who wins here

Deku will understand how strong Shirou is well before they wind up inside Unlimited Bladeworks, they’re not starting inside it. If he sees reality bending around him after fighting a guy who is already tough, he’ll just auto activate Gearshift when Shirou uses UBW before the sword spam starts.

Shirou’s normal swords can’t actually one shot Deku, they’re not that much higher than him (he massively scales over 139 GT which isn’t even 7.5x weaker than Shirou anyway). Also his stamina means a broken arm doesn’t hinder him at all and if anything makes him activate Gearshift faster.

Like, let’s be serious here. Deku has broken his arms more times than anyone, most self inflicted. Breaking his arm isn’t going to do anything to him at all or even prevent him from still using his arm.

Gearshift has a 5 minute window not 2 minutes.

Also, I ask once again; Can Shirou do ANYTHING to Smokescreen. Cause I don’t see anything on his profile that indicates he can.

Deku will understand how strong Shirou is well before they wind up inside Unlimited Bladeworks, they’re not starting inside it. If he sees reality bending around him after fighting a guy who is already tough, he’ll just auto activate Gearshift when Shirou uses UBW before the sword spam starts.

Shirou’s normal swords can’t actually one shot Deku, they’re not that much higher than him (he massively scales over 139 GT which isn’t even 7.5x weaker than Shirou anyway). Also his stamina means a broken arm doesn’t hinder him at all and if anything makes him activate Gearshift faster.

Like, let’s be serious here. Deku has broken his arms more times than anyone, most self inflicted. Breaking his arm isn’t going to do anything to him at all or even prevent him from still using his arm.

Gearshift has a 5 minute window not 2 minutes.
1. That's a fair point, they'll probably be fighting before UBW starts
2. I say 1 shot in the sense that they'll run him through and destroy vital organs. Deku ignoring getting his bones broken is great, and I'm well aware of how much pain tolerance he has, but pain tolerance doesn't help when you have vital pieces of your body beign shut down.
3. oh it's 5 mins? huh. Ok thanks for the info.

If Gearshift can help Deku counter Shirou's blades without touching them, all while dodging his danmaku without a scratch, then he wins. Otherwise Shirou treats him like a pincushion

1. That's a fair point, they'll probably be fighting before UBW starts
2. I say 1 shot in the sense that they'll run him through and destroy vital organs. Deku ignoring getting his bones broken is great, and I'm well aware of how much pain tolerance he has, but pain tolerance doesn't help when you have vital pieces of your body beign shut down.
3. oh it's 5 mins? huh. Ok thanks for the info.

If Gearshift can help Deku counter Shirou's blades without touching them, all while dodging his danmaku without a scratch, then he wins. Otherwise Shirou treats him like a pincushion
Gearshift makes Deku see Shirou as a statue and blitz him so hard he can use Overdrive over and over with Shirou not even able to see him or know what’s happening beyond likely dying instantly. So yeah, it can handle the Danmaku.

And Deku has been impaled by lasers through his body, shoulders, stomach, chest, legs, arms, etc with massive blood loss. He can handle impalement, the only issue is the force, which is why he just dodges with Danger Sense and Analytical Prediction (and Smokescreen). Then with Gearshift it doesn’t much matter as he just blitzes and obliterates.

Shirou at the end of UBW have all of Archer skills, especially the Mind Eyes (True) which allow Archer to predict and react to opponent far faster than him. Also project Noble Phatasm boost Shirou parameters up depend on what type of NP he project, with Kanshou and Bakuya he pretty much equal to Archer in stats, and Archer stats, despite most of the time being shown to be pitiful, is actually pretty good, and Archer iirc reacted to Lancer who normally should blitz someone like him with his speed so i don't think Gearshift gonna be a problem to Shirou

When Cu started actually trying, he blitzed the hell out of Emiya and Emiya couldn’t do anything about it. His movements were basically invisible to him despite his Mind’s Eye (True) and even if they weren’t, he would only be barely surviving with no possibility of ever landing a hit or actually winning. Gearshift is even better than this, as it makes it so Shirou can’t even perceive Deku.

And that’s just 2nd Gear.

He then amps further with 3rd Gear, then again with Top Gear. It’s like 3 stages of blitz amps, Shirou is not keeping up if Deku turns it on.

Gearshift makes Deku see Shirou as a statue and blitz him so hard he can use Overdrive over and over with Shirou not even able to see him or know what’s happening beyond likely dying instantly. So yeah, it can handle the Danmaku.

And Deku has been impaled by lasers through his body, shoulders, stomach, chest, legs, arms, etc with massive blood loss. He can handle impalement, the only issue is the force, which is why he just dodges with Danger Sense and Analytical Prediction (and Smokescreen). Then with Gearshift it doesn’t much matter as he just blitzes and obliterates.
1. That's certainly true but that would require Deku to actually succesfully weave between the swords without touching any of them, which he doesn't know not to do. Are you absolutely certain he can handle it?
2. That's certainly true but Deku will have a hard time moving if he gets peppered with swords since they're kinda in the way if that makes any sense

anyways, assuming that Gearshift basically timestops Shirou then yeah Deku wins. There's really no other option Shirou can use unless he turtles with Rho Aias which he can't, and even if he could Deku shatters it with Quintuple Detroit Smash

Rho Aias isn't a omni-directional shield, at least I've never seen it portrayed like that Fate Stay Night.

He indeed cannot break a Low 6-B shield however, he can just move around it. That's assuming Shirou will use it at all and before Izuku uses Gearshift.

With only Second Gear Izuku was able to run up to Shigaraki and punch him in the stomach before he could even perceive that he moved. If that same situation plays out here, Shirou has no way of defending from it. Maybe if he could survive the first barrage, but that Small Building level durability says he gets one shotted.

If that is the case, than this fight can't be added. Due to the speed blitz rules, since Izuku is the slower character. Like I said, assuming that's how it goes down.

Shirou isn't going to form weapons inside of his body, since he never consciously does it and it only happens in response to trauma in this version. Rider is able to one shot Shirou if he does the wrong action of charging her, but by retreating and only letting his arms get injured the blades have a chance to grow inside of him.

Which made him durable enough to withstand her blows and even crack her daggers. Shirou isn't getting this chance here if he gets perception blitzed.

Back