• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Shirou Emiya vs Ichigo Kurosaki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is immediate Getsuga even in-character? The only person Shirou even fought at his best was Gilgamesh and his go-to moveset was swordspam > Aias > UBW.

Ichigo also fights less like a swordsman and more like a brawler. His typical fighting style has him speed up to the opponent's behind, which Shirou has already dealt with against Archer who was superior to him in everything in the beginning. Also, Gilgamesh has shot swords behind Shirou at some point so there goes Ichigo's typical fighting style. Not even considering Shirou reading his sword like a book.

Did you compare swords Aoe with Aoe of Ichigo's getsuga tenshou when you said "Gil has shot swords behind Shirou so there goes Ichigo's fighting style"???

Gemmysaur said:
Is immediate Getsuga even in-character? The only person Shirou even fought at his best was Gilgamesh and his go-to moveset was swordspam > Aias > UBW.

Ichigo also fights less like a swordsman and more like a brawler. His typical fighting style has him speed up to the opponent's behind, which Shirou has already dealt with against Archer who was superior to him in everything in the beginning. Also, Gilgamesh has shot swords behind Shirou at some point so there goes Ichigo's typical fighting style. Not even considering Shirou reading his sword like a book.
Okay. But that still doesn't chacge the fact that Shirou won't be able to use UBW due to well Ichigo attacking him?

Based on what I've read above, I'm going for Shirou by a small margin.

Ichigo is more skilled yes, however Shirou's weapon spam that include conceptual weapons seems to give him the edge for me. Shirou 6/10

People still arguing whether Shirou has time to do the UBW chant, when it's been clearly shown here that he can fight and defend himself while doing it. Wow.

Did you compare swords Aoe with Aoe of Ichigo's getsuga tenshou when you said "Gil has shot swords behind Shirou so there goes Ichigo's fighting style"???

Fun fact: Gilgamesh's swords explode like goddamn bombs and Archer was able to block the thrown version of Gae Bolg from Lancer despite it having the AoE of a small nuke capable of annihiliating an entire army. And this was when Archer did not have a master and was severely low on mana.

Also Archer did project Gae Bolg which again has been shown in this thread, but people just won't listen. If Archer projected it, it means it exists inside of UBW and Shirou has knowledge on it's effects and construction, meaning he can easily project it if he needs to.

Ichigo's only hope of winning is to keep him in CQC long enough for his better skills to show. Considering the starting distance and Shirou's fighting style using omnidirectional blade spam which Ichigo cannot dodge, I'm voting Shirou here.

Just gonna drop before the bed :

>Shirou copy Ichigo's power and experience

Like I said before, Ichigo has fight people who gained his power and has better intel on him and still won regardless (Ginjo), and experienced fighting someone who superior than him.

>Shirou use swords spam

Ichigo no stranger to that too, Byakuya swords is more or less the same he getting hit all sides too its still a valuable experience for him, he also can use getsuga to deflect it or even use blut vene. (of course there's still afterimage and shunpo but eh, people hate 'em).

>He can use Gae Bolg to bypass Blut vene

Again, I dunno if shirou ever use gae bolg or anything else in UBW version/route, and we are not using composite version of shirou we are using UBW route shirou.

>He use rho aias

Even so, theres a limit on how much he can use it and Ichigo might be able to break it, because Ichigo can channel his getsuga to zangetsu so each swing is like a single getsuga tenshou (Like his fight with Ulquiorra).

>If battle goes close combat

Shirou might use Kanshou and Byakuya first which can easily break by Ichigo (At least 7-B), and don't forget, Ichigo can channel his getsuga to zangetsu in order to increase its cutting power and of course shirou's durabilbty is wall level normally.

>The prolong battle

This where stamina put into account, shirou's will definitely reach his limit like what happened in his fight with Gilgamesh. and we all know Ichigo is deffinitely has higher stamina and endurance.

And remember shirou is 7-A with NP and physically 9-B while Ichigo 7-A all around, Ichigo need a few hits to win this fight, so yeah Ichigo should take this, not without difficulity of course. He will not win this fight easily because shirou is indeed powerful and skilled warrior. I'm not going to deny that. and Ichigo tend to spam getsuga in character like he did to yammy and aizen, heck even his first bankai against byakuya he use getsuga as he went bankai, also blut vene.

When you have nothing more to say, take the easy way out. Cue Argumentum ad Nauseum and Argumentum ad verbosium. Keep repeating the same thing over and over again, despite it being debunked countless times, until the other guy just gives up. Also write wall of repetitive text with no substance whatsoever.

@Dat

Ginjo's intel isn't really comparable to reading everything about the history of weapon, its wielder, all of their techniques, their internal composition e.t.c. Shirou will know EVERYTHING that Ichigo is capable of and will plan accordingly.

No, he doesn't use Gae Bolg during the events of UBW, but there's absolutely nothing stopping him from using it given that he's seen it, can trace it, and has UBW active.

Kanshou and Bakuya dishes out Mountain level attacks, cleaving off Gilgamesh's arm without resistance and deflecting numerous weapons from the Gate of Babylon despite Gil's increasing annoyance.

Shirou's durability gets bumped up to match whatever NP he's holding and using as a weapon. Otherwise he wouldn't be able to survive clashing with any one of them and matched Gilgamesh easily.

Stamina is a factor here, but that depends on whether or not Ichigo will last long enough against weapons that can tear through space and deal conceptual damage on impact on top of exploding like bombs.

Copying Ichigo's power and experience argument This is not even required and it wasn't even used as an argument to make Shirou better than Ichigo in close fighting. Go back and read it again.

The sword spam argument

Again and ******* again I'm saying Byakuya was severely inferior to Ichigo in speed in that encounter so the argument has no legs to stand on whatsoever

Gae Bolg bypassing Vene

He can use Gae Bolg because it already exists inside UBW. The version of Shirou doesn't matter. Archer has already seen that weapon so it gets automatically stored there. Every version of Shirou has it.

>Rho Aias argument Everyone has a limit where they can use their abilities, and so does Ichigo. Channeling Tenshou to his sword won't matter if he can't get close.

>If battle goes close combat

It really won't but even if it does, Shirou doesn't only have K&B you know. He blocked Gilgamesh's best swords with his own so he has lots of 7-A swords in there as well.

The prolong battle

See above

@Damned

I'm sorry if its sound annoying and repetive to you, but its better then the other threads where people goes FRA, but yeah if my argument getting in circles and debunked then I will stop, again my apologies.

@Dat

Yes, he'll know everything about the wielder through said wielder's weapon. Shirou doesn't have a direct counter against Shinigami, but he won't exactly be caught off guard by anything.

Minimum 7 votes for the winning side with 3 votes difference between the winner and loser to get counted, just saying.

Isn't the vote already like this?

Ichigo (10): Phantasys ; Dat Dot ; WilliamShadow ; ScarletMoon1111 ; Newendigo ; Yomi Schwarz ; Aizenishere ; Omahariptic ; LukeSky001

Shirou (12): Promestein ; Gemmysaur ; ScarletFirefly ; Meosos ; Gargoyle One ; Damned Salvation ; TISSG7Redgrave ; BoomeYang ; Rin Rokudo ; Reppuzan ; Dragonmasterxyz ; Knight of Aether ;

Yeah he didn't, but I think his comment was leaning toward shirou.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
Ichigo doesn't have a nigh infinite treasury of conceptual weapons that each can one shot servants with firing rate compared to a gushing torrent of water. Seriously are you telling me that Ichigo during speed equalized will be able to block omnidirectional blade spam of 7-A weapons.
At that range Shirou can project Caladbolg II and straight up one shot. "But muh Shunpo" Tough luck Space twisting nuke that prevents teleporting exists.
Then I'll edit it.

Ichigo (10): Phantasys ; Dat Dot ; WilliamShadow ; ScarletMoon1111 ; Newendigo ; Yomi Schwarz ; Aizenishere ; Omahariptic ; LukeSky001

Shirou (13): Promestein ; Gemmysaur ; ScarletFirefly ; Meosos ; Gargoyle One ; Damned Salvation ; TISSG7Redgrave ; BoomeYang ; Rin Rokudo ; Reppuzan ; Dragonmasterxyz ; Knight of Aether ; Monarch Laciel

Shirou (14): Promestein ; Gemmysaur ; ScarletFirefly ; Meosos ; Gargoyle One ; Damned Salvation ; TISSG7Redgrave ; BoomeYang ; Rin Rokudo ; Reppuzan ; Dragonmasterxyz ; Knight of Aether ; Monarch Laciel ; JustSomeWeirdo

Can't shiro copy weapons "down to the very SOUL"? Isn't that on his page? So, wouldn't Shiro be able to use all of Ichigo's non-hollow/Quincy/full bring abilities? Because even though he can copy his own version of Zangetsu (I assume, based on the "Soul" comment) or at the very least something close to it, my manz still has no way to use hollow Quincy, or Full bring techniques that Zangetsu might be able to use-- like he couldn't use cero getsuga tensho and maybe not even Getsuga jujisho depending on if you think that is partly a Quincy technique. But yeah. Zangetsu is a weird case because the blade is their Soul, but since the only limit specified with his trace abilities are divine constructs, I would say Shiro would be able to copy the sword right down to Zangetsu (though he would get a Shiro version of Shiro Ichigo I guess. It's complicated, but depending on if Zanpakuto count as Divine Constructs or not, then, I see no reason why Zangetsu can't get copied down to the Soul, even if that Soul is a reflection/is a copy of Ichigo's).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back