• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I made a grave mistake in scaling BORUTO which inflated a ton of characters, and it all stems from Sarada's Sharingan and her Chakra-Enhanced Strikes.

Currently Sarada's Academy key scales to her Cherry Blossom Impact that she used in Naruto Gaiden aka the Sarada Uchiha Arc. My issue with this is that I believe this should scale towards her usage with her Sharingan rather than in base, because this isn't something that she can just do in base, as shown prior when she punches a tiny Shin clone, the difference in the damage surrounding the punch are like night and day. This isn't to say that she doesn't already have super human strength, since she did crack the ground without the Sharingan, but it's clear that the Sharingan allows her to channel more her chakra into her strikes for larger impacts. This also explains why in the Kara Actuation Arc, Sarada had Sakura train her in refining her chakra control so that she can massively increase the strength of her strikes without losing too much chakra in the meantime while using the Sharingan.

So the way I see her scaling would be:
A) "X, Y with Sharingan" or
B) "X, Y with Cherry Blossom Impact"
C) "X, Y with Chakra Enhanced Strikes"

I personally think A sounds best, but I'll leave that up to everyone else to decide which sounds better for her profile.

I made this into multiple parts because this will essentially downgrade a ton of characters who may scale (physically) to Sarada as I never made the distinction on her profile. So characters such as the other members of Team 7; (Base) Boruto, (Base) Mitsuki and (Base) Kawaki will be downgraded as they have no feats scaling to Sarada's strongest attacks. It's also made abundantly clear that Sarada is the heavy hitter in Team 7 in multiple missions and fights they get into with alot of their formations that they utilize. Since this affects not just her first key but EVERY key I'll get into more detail in Part 2 and maybe 3 if there's a need for one. (There's also an issue that Team 7, Sarada included, scales to her Fireball Jutsu physically, which should be fixed due to KingTempest's UES thread, hence why there's gonna be more than one Part. Sarada is to blame for all the Boruto scaling issues, not me, I swear..)

So Part 1 will just focus on breaking down Sarada's AP and how it should best be detailed on the profile. If this thread passes with enough agrees from Staff, I won't right away fix her profile, as I currently don't have any calcs or feats for (Academy) Base Sarada, and I'm currently looking for some. This thread is just to get it out of the way so when I do find one I can get started on Part 2.

I mean I do agree the Sharingan amps stats but given other showings in the series a 1T Sharingan really shouldn't be that massive a boost. I think characters scaling to her base could downscale from her Sharingan feats. Also don't think the DC is that good an argument since she's not aiming to attack a wide area when hitting the bootleg Kamui Shin.

I mean I do agree the Sharingan amps stats but given other showings in the series a 1T Sharingan really shouldn't be that massive a boost. I think characters scaling to her base could downscale from her Sharingan feats.
Maybe, but I'm not a fan of downscaling if feats without the Sharingan are shown to be far less than with.
Also don't think the DC is that good an argument since she's not aiming to attack a wide area when hitting the bootleg Kamui Shin.
Fair, but there's also an instance when Team 7 is first formed, Sarada with her Sharingan absolutely destroys Ashimaru with a single punch, and Boruto says that he needs to be careful or else he might die by her hands (similar to what Naruto had said about Sakura's strength in the timeskip against Kakashi). So it's clear that Sarada with Sharingan is far above Boruto and Sarada without it (Sarada with Sharingan >> Boruto > Sarada). Especially considering Boruto is stated to be above everyone in his class according to Kakashi.

And Kakashi at this point hadn't seen Sarada use her Sharingan, which makes my argument even stronger. The only people who've seen her Sharingan by the Genin Exams are: Chocho, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Shin (Shin Arc); Buntan (Mist Arc).

Kakashi, nor Shino didn't even know she awakened her Sharingan up to that point, which is why Boruto was so shocked and horrified by her strength. So I think my argument still stands strong here.

EDIT: Boruto has seen Sarada use her Sharingan as she used to to copy his Shadow Clones Technique and against Mirai, but he hadn't ever seen her use her full strength up until that moment that I mentioned above, so my point should still stand.

Do you remember if there are any useful feats that we can scale the Academy Tiers to that need calcing?
The "Boruto crashes into the monument" thing still hasn't been reviewed, so I'll have to annoy somebody about that eventually, but yeah.

Also, for the Fireball point, we see the artificial human guy tank it and get out of it, he was somewhat hurt but not overtly. Did piss him off though. They'd effectively just scale back to him anyway

Last edited:
Maybe, but I'm not a fan of downscaling if feats without the Sharingan are shown to be far less than with.

Fair, but there's also an instance when Team 7 is first formed, Sarada with her Sharingan absolutely destroys Ashimaru with a single punch, and Boruto says that he needs to be careful or else he might die by her hands (similar to what Naruto had said about Sakura's strength in the timeskip against Kakashi). So it's clear that Sarada with Sharingan is far above Boruto and Sarada without it (Sarada with Sharingan >> Boruto > Sarada). Especially considering Boruto is stated to be above everyone in his class according to Kakashi.
Do we know Boruto is above all out Base Sarada? Could just be this is the first time she showed her super strength (I don't have knowledge on Boruto I'm just wondering)
And Kakashi at this point hadn't seen Sarada use her Sharingan, which makes my argument even stronger. The only people who've seen her Sharingan by the Genin Exams are: Chocho, Naruto, Sakura, Sasuke, Shin (Shin Arc); Buntan (Mist Arc).

Kakashi, nor Shino didn't even know she awakened her Sharingan up to that point, which is why Boruto was so shocked and horrified by her strength. So I think my argument still stands strong here.
Mayhaps

Do we know Boruto is above all out Base Sarada? Could just be this is the first time she showed her super strength (I don't have knowledge on Boruto I'm just wondering)
Based on numerous statements from teachers and classmates they've said that both Boruto and Iwabe are at the very top of the class, prior to the Chunin Exams.
Sarada has only used her super strength in the Academy Era against Shin and against Ashimaru. So not many people know about Sarada's super strength until she showcases it in the Chunin Exams (because she wanted to keep her Sharingan a secret until she mastered it), so when Boruto finally sees her super strength for the first time against Ashimaru he's shocked

Based on numerous statements from teachers and classmates they've said that both Boruto and Iwabe are at the very top of the class, prior to the Chunin Exams.
Sarada has only used her super strength in the Academy Era against Shin and against Ashimaru. So not many people know about Sarada's super strength until she showcases it in the Chunin Exams (because she wanted to keep her Sharingan a secret until she mastered it), so when Boruto finally sees her super strength for the first time against Ashimaru he's shocked
Ok so sure Sarada would be above Boruto's physicals either way

Back