• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

X784 BoS Natsu downgrade

So we all know that X784 Natsu scales to Zancrow's 2.4 megaton feat. That is fine and legit.

But the problem is...Beginning of Series Natsu (as in, at least up to the Phantom Lord Arc and maybe afterwards but before Sirius Island) is NOT that powerful.

Why?

Simple, he fought, matched, and eventually defeated a disguised Ultear who, as currently stated on Natsu's profile, was using a little less than half of her power.

Keep in mind that not only is X784 Ultear only >= Zancrow (as in, the dude who did the 2.4 megaton feat), but Base Gray matched her and beat her.

Since Base Gray = Base Natsu in X784, it makes no sense for BoS Natsu to be just as strong as Sirius Island Gray when BoS Natsu barely beat someone less than half as strong as the one Sirius Island Gray.

Now, he still beat a less than half power Ultear, and Ultear was impressed by his power, so BoS Natsu should definitely be still Low 7-B, as in "At most 1.2 megatons".

Honestly, considering how Natsu is usually shown to get more powerful after every arc (like 99% of all anime hero protagonists) and how much he probably trains, him getting much stronger between Phantom Lord and Sirius Island honestly makes sense.

The only real questions are:

1. Does Natsu only scale to the full 2.4 megatons in the Sirius Island Arc?

2. In relation to the above, which characters also get downgraded to "At most 1.2 megatons"?

And there you guys have it: My first ever downgrade.

I know it's not usually my job, but it's been bugging me for a while.

Also, it'll kind of put to rest any other delusional upgrade proposals of mine related to X784 characters for the near future, and it won't harm the power levels of any top-tier titans in the verse.

I hope I did a good job!

I'm not gonna say I agree but I too am confused as to why that's his first key when there are prior arcs, surely there are other feats from those arcs no?

I'm not gonna say I agree but I too am confused as to why that's his first key when there are prior arcs, surely there are other feats from those arcs no?
From what I know, all the feats from earlier arcs are nowhere near the megaton range.

Yeah I think it's best to just put BoS Natsu and people on his level at the level of "At most 1.2 megatons", or maybe just backscale to Baseline Low 7-B (1 megaton) if we want to be careful

I will wait until Mitch counters, if they will, and them make my decision.

So far it seems to make sense, but I'm not that well versed in Fair Tail, so I'm not sure if you're missing anything or not.

1. Natsu pretty easily beat this full power Ultear, so he’s clearly above this weakened Ultear

2. This wasn’t full power Base Natsu as the same Natsu goes head to head with much stronger people

3. Both keys would be Low 7-B anyways, so there’s no point in separation

4. It goes around 1/3 Ultear<Casual Base Natsu<Serious Base Natsu<=Full Power Ultear. The gap between Galuna Island Natsu and Tenrou Island Natsu is not massive, it’s pretty much only a 1/2 gap, but even then, probably less

5. Natsu was rather casual against Zancrow too and took minimal damage from his Low 7-B attack, so ut absolutely scales to a casual Base Natsu

6. I am not giving Natsu or the characters more keys for such a small change. Like you suggest, both keys would be Low 7-B, making the separation pointless

So yeah, it overall does not warrant a key split, ok I’m out

1. Natsu pretty easily beat this full power Ultear
Fair
2. This wasn’t full power Base Natsu as the same Natsu goes head to head with much stronger people
Could you please explain?
3. Both keys would be Low 7-B anyways, so there’s no point in separation
Fair
4. It goes around 1/3 Ultear<Casual Base Natsu<Serious Base Natsu<=Full Power Ultear. The gap between Galuna Island Natsu and Tenrou Island Natsu is not massive, it’s pretty much only a 1/2 gap, but even then, probably less
OK
5. I am not giving Natsu or the characters more keys for such a small change. Like you suggest, both keys would be Low 7-B, making the separation pointless

So yeah, it overall does not warrant a key split, ok I’m out
Ok then

Could you please explain?
Base Natsu’s power varies based on his emotional state as we know. He has his less serious and more casual state. Being the one where he’s not all in about winning no matter what, like against Weakened Ultear, Totomaru, Fukuro, Hughs, and Zancrow. Then you have serious Base Natsu where he is giving it his 100% like against Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus, Zero, etc.

Both are Low 7-B, but the casual Natsu can tank the Low 7-B calc

Base Natsu’s power varies based on his emotional state as we know. He has his less serious and more casual state. Being the one where he’s not all in about winning no matter what, like against Weakened Ultear, Totomaru, Fukuro, Hughs, and Zancrow. Then you have serious Base Natsu where he is giving it his 100% like against Gajeel, Jellal, Laxus, Zero, etc.

Both are Low 7-B, but the casual Natsu can tank the Low 7-B calc
Ah, thank you for explaining.

I guess that I should stick to the status quo when it comes to Fairy Tail CRT's and upgrades, huh?

I guess that I should stick to the status quo when it comes to Fairy Tail CRT's and upgrades, huh?
Naw don't feel bummed out because your CRT's are incorrect, just ask in the general discussion thread, and you'll get your questions answered (hopefully).

Naw don't feel bummed out because your CRT's are incorrect, just ask in the general discussion thread, and you'll get your questions answered (hopefully).
It was honestly more of a joke since I do a lot of upgrades but my first downgrade was rejected, but thanks.

Back