• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Servant Physiology page and Class Skill Abilities Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShiroyashaGinSan

VS Battles
Retired
So we made this. Please look at the resistances and abilities to evaluate if it is valid for universal Servant ability. It's formatted like this so when this is evaluated, we can make it into a profile.

Furthermore, we should give these abilities to those who have these skills. Some people already have these but some of them don't and I need to evaluate em first so I can dump these into profiles. Most of the credit for this goes to Sunlight since I straight up pulled these from his blog because they aren't agreed upon yet.

A-rank Luck: Resistance to BFR (With enough luck, Servants are able to resist getting sucked by Gate of Skye. Possibly at A-rank, since I believe Gilgamesh was able to resist it in Extella)

Avenger: Rage Power (Servants with Avenger generate mana upon receiving damage, which can in turn be used to amplify their own power further) and Empowerment (Avenger increases power the more there are grudges)

Counter Hero: Statistics Reduction (All "Heroes" that face them will have their parameters reduced by two ranks)

Item Construction: Limited Transmutation (The skill gives an ability to turn mana and other objects into tools needed for Servants)

Madness Enhancement: Rage Power and Berserk Mode (Berserkers lose their ability to think rationally and are in a permanent state of extreme rage, boosting their power but at the cost of certain skills and abilities)

Magic Resistance: Limited Power Nullification (Of magic. Nullifies incoming spells and magic completely, unless that spell is of a higher rank than the Resistance)

Oblivion Correction: Limited Resistance to Memory Manipulation (Avengers can never forget their grudges, no matter what will happen, or how long the grudge is)

Presence Concealment: Invisibility (With B-rank and above Presence Concealment, a Servant can be completely invisible to the naked eye)

Riding: Animal Manipulation (Able to control mounted beasts when a Servant with Riding skill ride)

Saint Graph Expansion: Size Manipulation (The skill gives a Servant an ability to change their own size by manipulating one's own saint graph)

Self-Replenishment (Mana): Increases their Stamina rating, effectively making it limitless (Avengers do not run out of mana so long as they have grudges to hold)

Territory Creation: Preparation (The skill gives a Servant capability of creating plans and objects within one's own territory)

The description of Creation for them seems rather limited, as there are also a notable amount of Casters who instead form items from their magical energy. If a Caster does not have their item construction elaborated on, then we should probably have an either/or, especially in cases of Casters who have a form of magecraft that deviates from the norm

All Riders already have Vehicular Mastery. Also that description of Item Construction seems to be a form of Creation too.

I don't believe Avengers absorbing the grudges of others is Empathic Manipulation.

Item Construction isn't Creation, as Creation is the ability to create things out of nothing while Item Construction users generally still require the raw materials.

Make the resistance to memory manipulation limited for Avengers, seeing as the only thing they never forget is their grudge.

Other than that everything seems fine

No to immortality 3, those are very specific cases.

I still don't remember where Possession comes from. "Vessel" in this case refers to the class vessel, and otherwise this can't happen unless the Servant and person are tuned. Though that still counts even if its so limited so I guess it works.

Otherwise the things in the blog look fine, but I think a remainder that Blood Fort Andromeda isn't very strong should go (at least in the state that Rider used it). The most gravely affected people were the ones closest to the center while the farther ones had more cases of tiredness, anemia, etc. Shirou doesn't even have much more energy than a normal person and he can still 'resist', but basic resistance is still resistance. Blood sucking from the likes of Vlad or Yu still work pretty normally after all.

Everything else here also looks good.

Edit: Oh, and what Monarch said. My bad letting that slip.

ShiroyashaGinSan said:
All Riders already have Vehicular Mastery. Also that description of Item Construction seems to be a form of Creation too.
I know it is Creation, but what I'm saying is that the description you currently have for Item Construction being creation is too limited and leaves out one of the main ways that the item construction skill manifests

Some small advice, type 9 immortality need to be elaborate since i'm sure its non-combat applicable | EDIT: Nvm i didn't read it fully lel

Also how potent soul resist again?

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Some small advice, type 9 immortality need to be elaborate since i'm sure its non-combat applicable | EDIT: Nvm i didn't read it fully lel
Also how potent soul resist again?
Baseline I guess.

They resist Soul manip more than regular Nasu beings do, but it comes with the draw back that their spiritual core is tied directly to their heart and brain

Iffy with bfr resistance since it's more of a Gate of Skye requiring to you pass those two checks (luck and magick) instead of it being a special property of A-rank Luck that gives you resistance to BFR

Passing checks is basically just an explanation of what stats can be used to resist it. Its like checking to see if the enemy has an ability which allows them to resist it

SG Expansion skills for Melt and Bunyan are different tho. Bunyan can go as big as she can think she can be, while Melt just becomes perfect fluid

Was just talking generally but sure let's focus on Luck check.

@Iaptitus

I see it moreso as a special mechanism to Gate of Skye rather than it being something related to Luck skill.

Anyway, that's my piece. Agree to disagree. Slips out of thread

Chaos Tide would still scale to their soul resistance, since it modifies that. Plus, it's also compared to the mud of the grail, which devours souls.

Otherwise this is fine.

When have Scathach and Gil ever met in Extella?

Avengers being strenghtened by others' grudges sounds more like Empowerment to me.

Is Madness Enchancement more akin to Rage Power or Berserk Mode? I could see it qualifying as both.

Other than that, I'm fine with everyhting overall.

Should gate of ske also give resistance to life manipulation (life force drain) since those who do resist suffer significant damage to health, but also a large portion of their Mana drained? If a character has no mama they are dead aren't they? Making it qualify for a sort of life force thus life manipulation???

There's already resistance to life manipulation due to Surtr's NP.

But no, I wouldn't use that logic Upgrade. That's a little too many hoops to jump to arrive there.

Since I modified the blog and thread by correction of the knowledgeable members and majority has been agreed. Can I create the page and edit the profiles now?

Since I modified the blog and thread by correction of the knowledgeable members and majority has been agreed. Can I create the page and edit the profiles now?

This would remove the universal abilities and resistances in the profile itself and replace it with link of Servant Physiology. Verse specific page like this exists for this reason.

BTW, all servants should have Conceptual resistance to Purification since they resist the Batism Rite, which purifies spirits at the conceptual level

... No. It has never erased things on the conceptual level.

And is not resistance, the thing is just weak compared to the level of existence Servants are. Vlad dies to a Baptism only after gaining a super weakness to that stuff and gets used by another Servant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back