• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take the Supersonic calc into account when updating my sandbox.
One of the perception values, 1.37142857142857E-03 s, is just 1.17216x shy from perception for Supersonic+, considering that Mirai percieved the tank round kinda casually and is starting out as a shinobi, could we make the case that Senran Kagura is Supersonic+? At least we can say from the calc is that the bullet ping pong ball statement is not hyperbole considering that they can percieve tank fire.

No, for Daidouji level characters I can agree with upscaling but not for everyone single person.

Since Daidouji is considered to be overwhelming. Actually can I get a scan for that statement, so I can have it on the profile?

Actually can I get a scan for that statement, so I can have it on the profile?
For which statement? For the Super Secret Ninja Scroll and Engetsu?

Also, I thought more than a 1.2x difference was unacceptable?

Also, at least with the perception calc, I don't have to worry about my new ping pong calc getting nuked

No Daidouji's speed statement, I already have the Ninja Scroll statement... just haven't added it yet.

Her profile states. "She is described as having overwhelming speed compared to other Hanzo students" I'd like to get a scan of the statement so I can link it.

Mirai's speed increase is unquantifiable, there's no guaranty that she even got faster or if she did by how much. If there is a statement that said she was MUCH faster than before, I'd be okay with it. But we don't take chances based on nothing. Her just starting doesn't mean much for upscaling.

I think I can say that the conclusions from this thread fall apart now because seeing as the characters have perception in at least the higher end of Supersonic, and the muzzle velocities of the guns the characters use are known, I can confidently say that the bullet ping pong ball statement is not as vague as we thought

You know, I'm actually temped to try halving the values for Mirai's perception because her bullet had to travel through her own gunbrella's barrel first

On the spreadsheet for my calculation, decided to try multiplying the barrel times by 2/7 (which removes the frame of Mirai gunbrella starting to shoot) and I got Supersonic+ results. Not sure if this works or not

Just to ask, could the names of Daidouji, Ikaruga, Mirai, Ryona, Ryobi, Ryoki be changed to Daidōji, Ikaruga (Senran Kagura), Mirai (Senran Kagura), Ryōna, Ryōbi, and Ryōki?

Tell me here if you need something more evaluated.

I actually brought up your calc with a calc group member, and what I said beforehand still applies.

The calc breaks our Lifting Strength rules, as Yomi didn't lift the machine with a pulling or pushing motion. She used an explosion to send it flying, or in the case of other characters they strike at the machine with their attacks which cause it to fly up as well. Striking Strength and not Lifting Strength.

She used an explosion to send it flying, or in the case of other characters they strike at the machine with their attacks which cause it to fly up as well.
What explosion? That was a visual effect like what I brought up for Naraku appearing to appearing break the sound barrier. Using frame by frame Yomi definitely did toss the robot up with her sword

I'm playing Burst right now and Yomi's launch attack is using an explosion/blast from her arm cannon. What are you talking about?

It's a projectile. And that wasn't even the issue.

She never lifts anything, she sends it flying with her attacks. Which isn't lifting strength and cannot be used. Striking with her sword isn't lifting strength, she's attack with her sword which sends them flying, that is striking strength. Which cannot be used to find lifting strength.

"While Striking Strength measures the energy of a character's physical attacks, Lifting Strength measures the amount of mass they can lift, which is determined by the amount of force a character can produce. This means that they measure two different physical quantities. Furthermore it can't be assumed that a character that can physically produce the amount of energy used in lifting an object by a certain height can also lift it, if it didn't demonstrate the ability to produce that level of Lifting Strength. It is a common feature within fiction to feature characters capable of vastly greater physical striking strength energy outputs than what would be required to lift weights that they are repeatedly shown to struggle with."

Last edited:
I actually brought up your calc with a calc group member, and what I said beforehand still applies.

The calc breaks our Lifting Strength rules, as Yomi didn't lift the machine with a pulling or pushing motion. She used an explosion to send it flying, or in the case of other characters they strike at the machine with their attacks which cause it to fly up as well. Striking Strength and not Lifting Strength.
Okay. Never mind then. My apologies about the unnecessary notification.

This is a lifting feat, right? She isn't using her arm canon here and is definitely pushing the woman to make her fly up

Otherwise, I'll just calc her lifting weights in the opening

Okay. Never mind then. My apologies about the unnecessary notification.
No problem.
This is a lifting feat, right? She isn't using her arm canon here and is definitely pushing the woman to make her fly up

Otherwise, I'll just calc her lifting weights in the opening
Her lifting weights would be perfect, I was actually thinking of doing myself if I had the time but you're free to do it.

Also your link is to a 29 minute video and I'm not sitting through that all for one moment. I assume you just forgot to link the time.

I actually showed her launching like that in my gif, and as I said that is a striking feat. A pushing or pulling feat is motion that happens for long period of time. She stabs forward and it sends them flying back, which is a striking strength feat.

The most common material for dumbbells to be made are cast iron or stainless steel. They have rubber too, but that is for grip and not for the weight. Cast Iron is the oldest method, but steel should be just as fine to use.

I understand the want to make sure that any LS feats are actual lifting feats, but at the same time I don't wish to violate Newton's 3rd law, basic Occum's Razor after all. And besides, she does an arial rave on that large woman which would require her to counter-act the acceleration of gravity making Yomi's LS at least (Mass of Large Woman)*9.8

And also, we accepted this, what makes Yomi's feat give pause?

Edit: I will also say that, I know my LS calc for the castle was rejected too, but I could understand that it happened at a distance from the two characters, so you can't exactly use it. Yomi's feat this is more blatant

Last edited:
Naraku isn't striking, swinging is a part of lifting strength on this site. Yomi is stabbing forward and sending them flying, which is striking.

Crushing, pushing, pulling, and swinging are accepted as lifting strength. In fiction it's common for people to have high striking strength values, and can even lift objects with that strike. But struggle to lift something with actual lifting strength. Striking something up in the air doesn't equal lifting strength.

Simple physics, the motion and muscle fibers being used by these characters are done in completely different ways. It's way striking doesn't equal lifting.

If you have an issue with site rules, make a thread about it. I don't see what point you're making here, you think complaining here is just going to magically change wiki rules? If you want something to change make a thread and see if people agree or disagree with you. I don't want any part of it though.

A lifting feat has to be a continuous motion, stabbing them and causing them to fly upward from the stab is not lifting strength but striking. If she was carrying the machine on her blade and tossed it up, not with a stab but with a swing than that could be something.

She didn't lift, she stabbed it with enough force to send it flying upward. Impacts are striking strength and not lifting. Holding a sword instead of punching doesn't change it.

I really can't take this anymore, so I think I'm done discussing this particular feat.

Apologies but this is bad for me, and I don't want to make myself do something I'll heavily regret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back