• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayy, you did my job for me, which I can praise ya for, just wasn't feeling the motivation at the time--

Let's hope using Burst Re:Newal Orochi's model gives us something good for Timeline 2.

I was going to say something, than realized I had no way of actually following through with it.

Instead, what program are you using to unpack the game? Along with the modelling program to open the files and port to Blender.

Or is it a secret?

Unpacking with 3DSHack Toolkit, it extracts every file from the rom.

And then I use SPICA, which is a 3D viewer that can open many different file formats that are used on console games, it can export any models into .dae files that can then be opened in Blender.

The upper part of the tail is considered one model, connected to the main body. I'm not knowledgeable enough to separate a model into pieces, anymore than this.

The tail behind the legs are connect to the legs, and I don't have the skill to separate the tail from the legs without messing up the model itself.

Note: I have the 3ds model for Orochi and Asuka for scale.

3DS Asuka's Blender Height = 171 cm (Her Canon Height is 155 cm)

3DS Orochi's Blender Volume = 227173614.8644 cm^3

3DS Orochi's Volume = 205917604.115 cm^3.

The size difference is big, this Orochi is only 30 meters from top to bottom. So yeah it's smaller all around in the 3ds version.

Also yeah I placed one of the wings in the wrong spot in the Renewel version, doesn't change the volume size or anything, just looks weird since the 3ds version placement was automatic.

You have to calc it, that from an opening? Should be fine as long as it comes from the game's opening.

Sorry but Burst is FAR more difficulty than Deep Crimson, the tool extracted a bunch of .bin files which aren't readable by SPICA. So I'm currently going through each and every file to find certain lines of code in a hex editor... Long story short even looking up one file takes a lot of time, and I won't know what model it is until I open it up.

So this is going to take awhile. I have no idea if this'll even be done today, there are way too many files and I can't tell which are just color swaps of the girls outfits. Since Burst doesn't have a enemy or boss folder like Deep Crimson did. Unless something went wrong with my extracting, I just have to go one at a time.

I have no idea how active I'm going to be until then.

You have to calc it, that from an opening? Should be fine as long as it comes from the game's opening.

Sorry but Burst is FAR more difficulty than Deep Crimson, the tool extracted a bunch of .bin files which aren't readable by SPICA. So I'm currently going through each and every file to find certain lines of code in a hex editor... Long story short even looking up one file takes a lot of time, and I won't know what model it is until I open it up.

So this is going to take awhile. I have no idea if this'll even be done today, there are way too many files and I can't tell which are just color swaps of the girls outfits. Since Burst doesn't have a enemy or boss folder like Deep Crimson did. Unless something went wrong with my extracting, I just have to go one at a time.

I have no idea how active I'm going to be until then.
That's why I didn't wanna do Burst in the first place, my friend warned me--

So for the past few hours I've been going through Burst's files just to fine Asuka's full model. For some reason there are multiple files of the girls standard outfits in different folders, despite the fact I can't see any difference between them. The problem is that I couldn't find Asuka's head no matter where I looked.

Long story short, for some reason the playable girls head models are in a separate folder, and I was able to get Asuka's full model. Tangent: Look at how massive Asuka's 3DS Burst Model is compared to Renewel Orochi and Hibari, can you even see Hibari in the picture? Why is she so big?

Anyway, I went through basically all the files to find this. Then it hit me, I spent all this time looking around for Asuka and I didn't see a single enemy model. So now I spend the next hour looking around all the folders, and to my dismay I cannot find a single enemy model.

There is a folder called en, and I think that could be enemies. But I'm not certain, because I cannot open or view any of these files with my methods. I can see in the hex editor CGFX, so I assume that means it's a model file. But I have zero luck in making this readable by SPICA.

I don't think I can actually get Orochi's model or any enemy models. I'm sorry to say but this is way beyond me.

So for the past few hours I've been going through Burst's files just to fine Asuka's full model. For some reason there are multiple files of the girls standard outfits in different folders, despite the fact I can't see any difference between them. The problem is that I couldn't find Asuka's head no matter where I looked.

Long story short, for some reason the playable girls head models are in a separate folder, and I was able to get Asuka's full model. Tangent: Look at how massive Asuka's 3DS Burst Model is compared to Renewel Orochi and Hibari, can you even see Hibari in the picture? Why is she so big?

Anyway, I went through basically all the files to find this. Then it hit me, I spent all this time looking around for Asuka and I didn't see a single enemy model. So now I spend the next hour looking around all the folders, and to my dismay I cannot find a single enemy model.

There is a folder called en, and I think that could be enemies. But I'm not certain, because I cannot open or view any of these files with my methods. I can see in the hex editor CGFX, so I assume that means it's a model file. But I have zero luck in making this readable by SPICA.

I don't think I can actually get Orochi's model or any enemy models. I'm sorry to say but this is way beyond me.
@Damage3245 @Elizhaa

Do you know anybody who might be able to help out with this?

We might have a case for at least Supersonic+ Senran Kagura, I had calced the gif feat and the perception for one of the timings was just 1.17216x behind the perception for Supersonic+

Last edited:
@TheRustyOne We may need to wait to see if we can rip 3DS Burst Orochi or not, I think I can attempt to ask if anyone wishes to help on Models Resource

For now, I'll just try calcing with what I have, might take some days though. Although I still need these:
  • Sideview of Deep Crimson Orochi
  • Volume of Orochi's racket on its right arm
  • Volume of one of Orochi's smaller heads
  • volume of Orochi's left arm

Volume of First Rooftop Tile Things.

Volume of Second Rooftop Tile Things.

Volume of Full Body Gears.

Volume of Cylinder Thing. The amount... of Cylinder things.

Orochi's Main Body Volume.

Chain Body Volume.

Sword Head Thing Volume.

Four Things, That Stick Out Volume. Note: The volume you see is only the volume for one of them, but all four of them have the same volume.

Rooftop Tile Volume, for the Four Things, That Stick Out Volume. Note: You can see that volume is only for the one rooftop tile part. There are eighteen of them in total, and these are connected to the volume up above.

Bottom Tail Volume.

Bottom Tail's Gear and Sword Volume.

Single Sword Volume. Note: The swords around Orochi are all the same size and as such would have the same volume.

Orochi's Wing Thing Volume 1.

Orochi's Wing Thing Volume 2.

If you link to it here, I can ask a few calc group members for help.

Derailment!

I cannot, the site I acquire my raws from has a download limit and Dragon Ball only comes in volume packages. Which surpass the download limit, so I cannot acquire them and I don't feel like giving some sketchy site any of my money/information.

I'll take the Supersonic calc into account when updating my sandbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back