• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trust Rusty's sense of judgement regarding this. It seems best if we go with what he has decided instead of spamming pointless posts.

Note: @Antvasima I believe we are fine for now, though Hagane was the one who called you so it's possible he might need something else.

Moving on from that. I'm still updating my sandbox with all the changes, and I think Yomi's weight lifting feat is a good thing to calc. But I'd like to talk about Miyabi's Abyssal form, since I'm curious if she would scale to True Kagura as well. Since Abyssal Miyabi was able to fight off True Kagura long enough to free herself.

Has anyone fought Abyssal Miyabi? I haven't played Shinovi Versus yet and I can't remember if anyone fought her in Estival Versus.

A thrust is a push! How can you thrust someone if you don't push your weapon into them?!

Edit: I will also say that this isn't like Dark Souls or Monster Hunter where you can defintely if your attack is a stab or not, attacks in Senran Kagura don't work the same way. Unless it is directly said that someone was stabbed, I won't count it as such

A similar example would be how the characters get shot at with guns all of the time but there was only one instance where one character was inflicted with a gunshot wound

Last edited:
From my understanding, Rusty and I have differing interpretations of Yomi's feat. Rusty thinks that it was a stab while I think it is a push, neither interpretation is exactly incorrect, but unless I am presented with more conclusive evidence on Rusty's interpretation being correct, I'm still going to follow my interpretation.

Not sure if I had calced it correctly, but calcing the centripetal force for this feat below I got Class K results

giphy.gif

Yomi lifting the weights in the opening, and Yagyu's casual revolving of a truck are both fine to be used.

A thrust isn't a Lifting Strength push. This wiki defines a LS scaling push as something that is continuous and happens overtime. Yomi lands a singular strike, which causes an impact that makes the machine fly up high. We do not allow quick impacts to scale as Lifting Strength, that is mere striking strength.

Went ahead and asked a calc group member about this. This is indeed striking strength and not lifting strength.

Currently looking for some more feats, and scans for justifications/abilities.

This wiki defines a LS scaling push as something that is continuous and happens overtime.
It took about 0.316667 seconds for Yomi's push to lauch the woman, not sure though what are the standards of "something that is continuous and happens overtime"

Also, I expressed above my main issue of saying "Yomi's stab launched the woman", it's like saying for Burst "Everyone that Mirai fights in the game should be suffering bullet wounds", unfortunately this is just not true. There was only one confirmed instance of a character suffering a bullet wound and it is a major plot point in the Hanzou route, as for other instances, did Hibari ever get a bullet wound? Did Yagyu get bullet wounds in her fights for the Hebijo route? I think you might get what I'm trying to say?

I have no idea what your comparison even means, do you even know what it means?

So I'm not certain what you're even trying to say. What does bullet wounds have to do with a impact/strike and lifting strength? Regardless I will not humor you on this anymore, there are certain things I must do for this verse and this is currently a waste of time.

As it seems you don't not care what people say, only that you must be right and everyone else is wrong. My apologies but I have no interested in getting in some worthless debate against someone who doesn't even try to see the point of other people. So please understand I'm done talking about this feat.

If you don't like wiki rules make a thread to change it. Currently the calc is rejected as it breaks our standard.

I'm terrible at explaining.

I'm questioning if Yomi really did stab the sumo woman in the video or not because assuming that she did would also mean assuming in the same game that Mirai in her gameplay is giving everyone bullet wounds. Unfortunately there is only one confirmed instance of Mirai giving someone a bullet wound in the Hanzo route, in other instances, such as against Hibari, no one seems to have gotten bullet wounds after fighting her. You see what I'm trying to say, how can we really say that characters are really shooting or stabbing when it appears that the characters they fight do not appear to have gotten shot or stabbed afterwards?

And let's face it, if we really assume real world logic to the characters' attacks, I just hope that Senran Kagura has their own set of seven wish granting orbs because there would be a lot of dead people, both named an unnamed.

Am I still not making sense? I'm trying to make it as clear as possible what I'm trying to get at, but if this still is confusing then am I just that bad at communicating my thoughts? Should I try creating a visual to explain the issue that I have with assuming Yomi is stabbing the woman?

I'm not discussing that anymore. As there is no point in trying to convincing me, it won't change anything when it breaks the site's rules. Ask a calc group member yourself, and make sure you actually show the clip of what is happening. And even ask if this breaks the Lifting Strength standards on this site or not.

Moving on. If I find feats that rate the characters in Shinovi/Estival Versus higher than 8-C. I assume we'd have to make a third key instead of having Burst and Timeline 2 together like that. Note: Not saying I found any feats yet, I'm just curious about if I do find any.

There is no point, I don't accept or deny calcs. A calc group member does.

I don't see why you're even wasting your energy.

I've shown the feat in question to two calc group members, and both have said it's not a lifting strength feat. It's a waste of your time to even speak to me about this.

Dogen should be stronger in the second fight. I assume you're talking about his early game battle and late game battle from Deep Crimson?

No. They need some higher feats, listing a key that has the exact same stats is not a good idea. Both are Low 7-C, honestly I don't even think they're that much stronger.

Isn't that why you had Burst/Timeline 2 in one key in the first place? Even though in Shinvoi Versus the characters became stronger after six months.

What's the evidence that six months have passed between Burst and Shinovi Versus?
It was stated in game, I'm playing Shinovi Versus right now actually.

Asuka stated that it's been 6 months since the battle with Hebijo during the Prologue.

Also I noticed that the girls are incapable of harming the Gessen girls at the moment. They are stated to not have a single injury after the battle is over. While the Hanzo girls are utterly exhausted, and even pass out after making it to Asuka. None of the Gessen girls were even trying.

So they're going to get even stronger even later in the game. Yes this is very similar to what happened in Burst, when Asuka couldn't hurt Homura at the start.

I only got to play the Hebijo so far (sry). Although the girls don't ever fight Dai or Rin again right? A Low 7-C rating can't be given otherwise

I have no idea, I just started.

Like I said, without a feat or scaling to put them on a higher tier there is no reason for a separate key.

Though I'm currently looking around for any feats in Shinovi Versus.

On the subject of feats, I was able to get a High 8-C+ rating out of Re:Newel Orochi on my spreadsheet, but I'd rather wait to finish calcing for Deep Crimson Orochi too

Hoping for good things there.

Question. Could Murasaki's Root of Calamity be used for anything? It's stated to increase her strength by several times, which would be an at least 3X multiplier to her strength.

I'm only just starting Hebijo route of Shinovi Versus, but I was wondering how this effects her scaling.

At the end of the Hebijo route, Imu unlocks the Root of Calamity too, and Rin says that she's as strong as a Youma in that state. But it's rather vague on what she exactly meant. Probably best to just have far higher considering it's the same situtation to Blood Riot, but does Miyabi scale to RoC Imu then?

I don't know, I've only just started the Hebijo route.

And I don't have any authority to change profile names. I guess the changes should be fine, but I don't know how to get a profile name changed.

Ask a calc group member yourself, and make sure you actually show the clip of what is happening
I asked a couple calc members now and some of them agree with me. @AbaddonTheDisappointment even said:
Considering they don't show any actual wounds for the characters regardless of what kind of attack it was and that they do go into the air, you could probably use it as a lifting feat

I don't see what wounds have to do with anything. Attacks/Strikes do not qualify for Lifting Strength period, doesn't change if someone is holding a stick. Which is basically what swords are in video games.

I showed the clip to DontTalkDT and he seems agree that this doesn't qualify for Lifting Strength. And as you know Damage also doesn't believe that this qualifies for Lifting Strength either. When multiple calc group member disagree on something, well a calc group thread usually has to be made.

Or someway to have a discussion between the multiple calc group members. A list of people who agreed and disagreed as well.

Noticed you said some, did any calc group member you ask disagree with it being lifting strength?

Last edited:
did any calc group member you ask disagree with it being lifting strength?
Well @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said it was game mechanics, @Dark-Carioca didn't think LS for pushing is allowed, @Armorchompy said swords are glorified sticks in gameplay but it doesn't change the fact that the move's animation is a rapid thrust thus it's not applicable for LS, and @M3X thinks it's a stab but after showing Abaddon's arguments I'm still waiting for his response

Honorable mention: @KLOL506 agreed with me but didn't think the method to getting the Sumo lady's mass was correct (I fixed that though)

Last edited:
What do you mean the entire tail? I have the tail here, but it also comes with the legs as well. They're fused together as one model.

But do you also want the rooftile things on its tail there as well?

Also just finished Hebijo Story, and yeah Miyabi would scale to Root of Calamity Imu. I still think the several times multiplier should be used, which is at least 3X. Meaning Miyabi, Homura, Asuka, and Yumi would all be 3X stronger than the rest of the girls in Shinovi/Estival Versus. (Or Timeline 2 if you prefer)

However in Burst Renewel the boost is stated to be Tenfold, which does still fit under several. But I think the Japanese raws will be needed to get an actual answer.

I'll try and see if I can get my hands on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back