• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[SEMIFINAL2] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Haruka vs Asuna

Original Tourney Thread
Tourney Bracket
Votes
CharacterKeyVotes

Asuna

Adventurers Tournament Arc0
HarukaBase0
Inconclusive0
Here's the match which narrowly avoided being the final match as Asuna and Haruka were placed on the same bracket side. Winner will advance to the final round, while the loser will advance to the fourth round of the losers bracket.

Winner faces Leaf Girl.

40 meters starting distance with equal speed.

Both are at 7-A.

Well, as the author of both characters, I know exactly who wins, and that'd be haruka.

...Is what i WOULD say if this was haruka's full power, but it isn't!

In the next chapter (Minor spoiler) Chidori tells asuna that if she went all out against haruka, and she did the same, then she said haruka will win, no questions asked. (Which is why asuna gets taught a few tricks before her canonical fight with haruka) However, the next chapter, obviously, isn't out yet, so we just have a Chapter 7 Full Power Asuna against a casual haruka who beat shizu fairly easily. Luckily for asuna, she has a few abilities and skills that this currently shown version of haruka doesn't. She's got:

1. Danger Sense, which would be a good counter to haruka's sheer skill giving her good analytical clairvoyance in a fight. (Precognition >>> Skill-Based prediction) Haruka has seen some s**t, but so has asuna, and for basically her whole life, too. The reason asuna has danger sense is because she is literally so experienced with getting beat up, that she just... 'Knows' when someone or something is about to attack her, Like how US Navy captains just 'know' when someone is putting an IED on their ship

2. Time Magic, giving asuna the opportunity to potentially surprise even haruka as long as she spams it enough.

3. Way more willpower than shizu. If asuna gets trapped in the void of despair, she'll have a much easier time breaking out than shizu did, who needed the POwEr oF frIEnDshIp to escape (Not literally lol, but you get the point. Shizu needed mental amps) Haruka also has plenty of will in her own right, she literally survived as a lone adventurer for years, which is no small feat in the world they live in at all, but asuna should at least be her equal in this regard. She's literally living her dream, even if it's more torturous than the real world was.

4. Way more battle IQ than shizu, through sheer experience from her time in the real world. Asuna can get emotional midfight, sure, but just like shizu, she won't just go completely crazy and be super predictable, so Asuna pushing herself to the absolute limit would be even more unpredictable than shizu, especially considering asuna was calling most of the shots in the chapter 3 fight against kedron in the dark forest, and a bunch of other reasons

5. Asuna will have a much easier time creating skills mid-fight, since she can reference knowledge from the real world to help her out (Kind of like how Rimuru Tempest thought of a gas-based car engine to create water blade) even if she wasn't particularly smart before that. Asuna has seen nullify, TWICE, which haruka doesn't really have a counter to, unless she uses nullify back if you count that, on something like asuna's thunder magic to prevent speed amps, but that kinda just puts em on equal footing

Canonically speaking,
Asuna beats haruka insane diff with chidori giving her a few more skills before their fight
But here, since haruka isn't at full power, it'd be a whole lot more simpler to win. I won't vote yet in case there's that one guy that says sumthin against the literal creator of the verse, lol, but i think this should be enough justification for asuna winning here, considering if i just said "ASUNA WINSSS!!!!!!!!" That'd be a bit too much WoG

^ This current key of haruka can also get serious, they won't just stay casual, but since she hasn't shown off her full abilities yet, they can't be used cause Versus Thread rules, and also cause i'd spoil the next chapter way too much

Conflicted about seeing this end so soon given that I don’t want to do the finals before the losers bracket catches up

Conflicted about seeing this end so soon given that I don’t want to do the finals before the losers bracket catches up
Ik, that's why im not voting just yet, i kinda wanna drag on for at least a bit. But Im also planning on debating for axlven in the losers bracket anyways because of htis (y)

Aerneia loves being praised maybe a bit too much, but she does genuinely love and care for her future husband and children
My ego is too BIG when some kind of being threatens to sacrifice someone or I die I ain't saying: "I'll sacrifice myself!" On instant I'm sacrificing one of the children.

Well, as the author of both characters, I know exactly who wins, and that'd be haruka.

...Is what i WOULD say if this was haruka's full power, but it isn't!
You had me g-baited here
I won't vote yet in case there's that one guy that says sumthin against the literal creator of the verse, lol, but i think this should be enough justification for asuna winning here, considering if i just said "ASUNA WINSSS!!!!!!!!" That'd be a bit too much WoG
Just who could that person be, have no idea

Danger Sense Megumin FRA

Well uh, okay, just seemed a lil confusing to me, especially when these two are already gonna have a canon fight soon 🗿 I’ll add em

Back