• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

[R1M5] Venefica's Tier 7 Tourney: Asuna Kamakura vs Accelerator

I don't know how thunder magic is gonna work given how Accelerator's most well known and common feats is reflecting electricity
It's probably gonna end up like the water spear, where its form gets altered via reflection

Hold on, 100 times speed amp? I don’t remember seeing this when allowing her into this tourney
  • Statistics Amplification (Via Turnbocharge and Supercharge Skills. By Envisioning herself as a speeding bullet and using thunder magic, Asuna can increase her speed dramatically at will by dozens, and even hundreds of times over.)
But yeah, I think Accelerator can redirect whatever element Asuna uses.

I don't know how thunder magic is gonna work given how Accelerator's most well known and common feats is reflecting electricity
It's probably gonna end up like the water spear, where its form gets altered via reflection
It's gonna be reflected, obviously, but it'll be way easier for asuna to dodge reflected attacks if for some reason her precognition is negated.

I need a lot of time to cook for all this sorry yall 😞
Then I will wait in order to get the full version reply.
Those last two i don't really understand. Asuna gets a couple of seconds of warning time before an attack hits her, which in this case would include her own, since accelerator would be reflecting them back at her with malicious intent. She has plenty of time to dodge, and even if she can't, she can still riftway to safety

How would the plasma work though exactly?
I meant "dealing with precog" in a way to spam the entire battlefield, so there is no space to physically dodge, even when she knows the AoE attacks are coming seconds ahead. It still doesn't counter the riftway tho, won't she get tired from using the portal skill again and again to escape all of this?

Accelerator (mainly in the show's beginning) sees others attacking him as unimportant, from his view he stomps bugs, he has a cold non-caring look even when final attacks of opponents are thrown at him, knowing they wont do anything, won't this make the precognition difficult? Also, the attack reflection aura works passively, it reflects even sniper attacks back into the place they were fired from, Accelerator can sleep within that time. So most of the attack reflection won't contain malicious intent at all (unless for example the fire he sends back manually with hand), giving Accel a great advantage.

Then I will wait in order to get the full version reply.

I meant "dealing with precog" in a way to spam the entire battlefield, so there is no space to physically dodge, even when she knows the AoE attacks are coming seconds ahead. It still doesn't counter the riftway tho, won't she get tired from using the portal skill again and again to escape all of this?

Accelerator (mainly in the show's beginning) sees others attacking him as unimportant, from his view he stomps bugs, he has a cold non-caring look even when final attacks of opponents are thrown at him, knowing they wont do anything, won't this make the precognition difficult? Also, the attack reflection aura works passively, it reflects even sniper attacks back into the place they were fired from, Accelerator can sleep within that time. So most of the attack reflection won't contain malicious intent at all (unless for example the fire he sends back manually with hand), giving Accel a great advantage.
When i get time i'll respond, i'm busy rn sorry so i can't cook (y)

It's gonna be reflected, obviously, but it'll be way easier for asuna to dodge reflected attacks if for some reason her precognition is negated.
The speed boost will help definitely, Accel throwing himself with an even greater speed boost from Earth's orbit won't be effective if she can teleport with the rift-way beforehand. What is the range of Rift-Way and possible cooldowns?
When i get time i'll respond, i'm busy rn sorry so i can't cook (y)
Still you managed to respond at most before I finished that one single reply block 🗿 Take time

Might not be as much as i want to say, but time to cook 🔥
Asuna has more than enough stamina to last the entire fight. Using magic doesn't drain your stamina, so she won't get exhausted by that either.
  • Indomitable Will (Asuna is shown to have a truly indomitable will, despite excruciating circumstances or extremely unfavourable odds, particularly in battle, where she has battled opponents that would, otherwise, kill her extremely easily. Even after facing traumatic experiences over and over in the real world, and only worsening after her reincarnation, Chidori stated that asuna's courage didn't waver even slightly, and stated that asuna's will seemed to be truly limitless, driving asuna to achieve goals or victory, even if she see's little or no chance of succeeding in doing so, and come out on top.)

• Stamina: At Least Superhuman (Got impaled through the chest and suffered heavy organ damage and blood loss as a result of taking a hit for Shizu, and continued to fight like nothing had happened. Can fight and dodge thousands of projectiles flying at her without any sign of exhaustion, even whilst pushing herself to the limit.)
So, Even if asuna were to somehow tire, she has the willpower and endurance to keep going despite that, meaning she'll have no problem using Riftways over and over to escape attacks whenever need be.
If accelerator is just being cocky and reflecting the attacks, i suppose asuna's danger sense wouldn't activate, at least until i make her danger sense more detailed later on. But like i've said before, it won't take long before asuna knows that's what accelerators' ability is, and you seem to think that asuna will just keep attacking an risk getting hit, which she won't (Mostly). Once asuna see's that it's pretty much pointless in trying to attack accelerator with conventional magic, She's gonna use other means to take him down, so she will avoid potentially getting hit by her own attacks altogether.

^ "Best way to avoid punch, is no be there" - Mr Miyagi

Basically, as long as she doesn't give accelerator the opportunity for no reason, the precog not working won't really matter. Accelerator has to attack her at some point, which is when Danger sense comes in, which, as you might guess, asuna would immediately be able to dodge, since she would basically just be touma but way more agile. AKA, Accelerator can't land a hit.

So, asuna will opt to simply wait out the battery to go in for the attack again, Or use luck magic to tip the scales in her favor. Asuna isn't limited to just fear manip skills with luck magic like you are saying in your wincons. Skill combos can be almost anything. Although, if asuna uses Fortune and then attacks accelerator, she can potentially use it to cause accelerators power to backfire, Like it has before (Unless that can't happen in this key)

Even if that doesn't work for some reason, Fortune will be helpful to asuna for simply outlasting him. She can use it to dodge attacks even further, maybe cause accelerator to slip to mess with him or something, etc

How will Asuna know about the battery so that she decides to stop attacking?
I meant accelerators' attack reflection once she see's it. It should be pretty obvious to her

On the battery thing though, Asuna is also strategical and observant enough to see the battery, and would know it's his source of power, especially once she see's him pressing it. Seeing as it's not connect to some sort of external power source, she'll probably guess it's a limited battery. She knew kedron, for example, was a monster that was merely a representation of the dark forest, and that the dark forest was merely an abstract existence for him (Vol 1 Chapter 3) So it's not too far-fetched that she'd be able to deduce this mid-fight, since she's done stuff like this even when it isn't right in front of her. Figuring out what accelerators' battery is will be a piece of cake for Asuna.

Last edited:
The speed boost will help definitely, Accel throwing himself with an even greater speed boost from Earth's orbit won't be effective if she can teleport with the rift-way beforehand. What is the range of Rift-Way and possible cooldowns?
There isn't a canon limit or cooldown. Asuna used riftways a lot in chapter 5 i think, and there wasn't a cooldown. Asuna can already open riftways to other dimensions (The endless library is implied to be, well, an infinite universe that chidori created, and the only way to enter it is if chidori lets you) So that would be universal or interdimensional range depending on who you ask. (Though i put it at varies cause there isn't a shown limit)

So as long as asuna can envision it correctly, she can technically make a riftway pretty much anywhere.

There isn't a canon limit or cooldown. Asuna used riftways a lot in chapter 5 i think, and there wasn't a cooldown. Asuna can already open riftways to other dimensions (The endless library is implied to be, well, an infinite universe that chidori created, and the only way to enter it is if chidori lets you) So that would be universal or interdimensional stuff depending on who you ask. So as long as asuna can envision it correctly, she can technically make a riftway pretty much anywhere.
Infinite ?

Infinite ?
I wouldn't say infinite range, no. Especially since that'd be something asuna can't comprehend. Plus, she only made riftways INTO an infinite space, not ACROSS it.

If you are talking about the endless library, asuna doesn't scale to any of dat. If chidori took asuna seriously in their brief fight, asuna would have been one-tapped and the story would be over, Period 💀

Last edited:
Can anybody else argue for Accelerator since Froggy is also dealing with another match at the moment?

Can anybody else argue for Accelerator since Froggy is also dealing with another match at the moment?
If it could be said that real life is another very high dif VSBattle match, then yeah, you are right
But tbh I can’t because the vector stuff confuses me a little
I would say even I don't fully understand, all that helps me are blurry memories of the anime from 2 years ago

Although there is likely more for Accel to argue, the universal range rift-way with seemingly no stamina cooldowns seems to save (enable her to dodge) Asuna from mostly everything, and the fact Accel attacks with sadistic screams and psychopathic smile doesn't help with countering the precog at all, nothing new comes to my mind.

The only two things left to mention are 1) how Accel has a slight chance to KO her at the start with a good automatic attack reflection (but Rayfire mentioned she goes for a bigger distance at the start, meaning her survival rate is bigger) and 2) how patient Asuna is, because she can't tell the battery lasts for 15 minutes, it could be hours, it could be days if Accel has spare replaceable batteries (which the show didn't reveal, but one could assume so). Meaning the fact if Asuna is a ragequiter (like Froggytron playing difficult games) or a patient mage keeping going in a nearly pointless uncertain fight could decide this fight.

and 2) how patient Asuna is, because she can't tell the battery lasts for 15 minutes, it could be hours, it could be days if Accel has spare replaceable batteries (which the show didn't reveal, but one could assume so). Meaning the fact if Asuna is a ragequiter (like Froggytron playing difficult games) or a patient mage keeping going in a nearly pointless uncertain fight could decide this fight.
Asuna will obviously get cocky and probably taunt Accelerator a little bit, but I don’t see her getting bored or just ragequitting for no reason (Running away on your own terms isn’t allowed in the VS thread rules anyways I think)

Luckily for Asuna, she’s been in situations where she has fought in extended situations, and an uncertain outcome (Vol 1 Chapter 3) Before. Although it was more like a 5-10 minute battle, it’s not too far-fetched that Asuna could go longer than that, Especially with Superhuman Stamina and Supernatural Willpower at her disposal. Fighting against extremely unfavorable or unknown odds is Asuna’s whole thing, so she’ll fight for as long as she needs to if her other wincons don’t work for some reason.

Spare batteries is a possibility, but if accelerator is so cocky, he might think he doesn’t need em Even if he got prep time for the fight. He’d be like: “Who gives a damn about outlasting!” And go into the fight with just the one on his neck. We have no clue if he carries extra on his person at all times anyways, especially considering that’s not in his standard equipment section

Asuna can be taunty as well, but she doesn’t underestimate her opponents, and she knows her limits. She knew dang well she wouldn’t be able to beat Chidori after she showed off her full power or her first opponent in the adventurers tourney without that 9000 iq skill combo.

Sounding like Asuna wins if she survives the first few reflects
Like I’ve said before, unless it’s a situation like in chapter 4 (If I remember correctly) where accelerator steals Kianna’s sword somehow or sumthin, Asuna doesn’t have a reason to get in close right off the bat and risk getting her insides blown up as soon as accelerator touches her. Every other fight she’s in, she keeps her distance for the most part. The first few reflects definitely shouldn’t be fatal for her even if she gets hit by them somehow

Asuna will obviously get cocky and probably taunt Accelerator a little bit, but I don’t see her getting bored or just ragequitting for no reason (Running away on your own terms isn’t allowed in the VS thread rules anyways I think)

Luckily for Asuna, she’s been in situations where she has fought in extended situations, and an uncertain outcome (Vol 1 Chapter 3) Before. Although it was more like a 5-10 minute battle, it’s not too far-fetched that Asuna could go longer than that, Especially with Superhuman Stamina and Supernatural Willpower at her disposal. Fighting against extremely unfavorable or unknown odds is Asuna’s whole thing, so she’ll fight for as long as she needs to if her other wincons don’t work for some reason.
Good for Asuna then
Spare batteries is a possibility, but if accelerator is so cocky, he might think he doesn’t need em Even if he got prep time for the fight. He’d be like: “Who gives a damn about outlasting!” And go into the fight with just the one on his neck. We have no clue if he carries extra on his person at all times anyways, especially considering that’s not in his standard equipment section
Accel doesn't have any spare batteries though. If I remember correctly the device plugs with something like USB to charge. I just mentioned it from Asuna's view. Seems like Asuna high-diffs FRA thanks to the battery limitation and her rifts combined with precog, without the battery wonder how would the tourney go

I was gonna argue more
But it looks like the match has already concluded
I still don't know how Asuna can deal with Accel's AOE absorption pull

I was gonna argue more
But it looks like the match has already concluded
I still don't know how Asuna can deal with Accel's AOE absorption pull
Technically the grace still applies, but I still guess Asuna could teleport with the rift beforehand

Back