• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Every single f*cking time we come to this we get hit with:
"BUTTT WAIITTT!"
Screw it
Incon fra
Both have really good arguments but I really can't see why both combatants can win here.
You’re under no obligation to vote for either, obviously, but I think it should be brought into mind that haruka is going to have a lot more opportunities to execute all of her strategies and arguments given how much greater her range is, saying this to minty too

I think we’ve cleared things up here and Haruka’s abilities being fully clarified makes it easier to visualize her getting the upper hand though I still believe Cinner’s advantages will let him win more times than not. Suppose now it’s really time for voting.
I disagree, obviously, but you’re obviously entitled to your vote

You’re under no obligation to vote for either, obviously, but I think it should be brought into mind that haruka is going to have a lot more opportunities to execute all of her strategies and arguments given how much greater her range is, saying this to minty too
Imma just not gonna vote teehee

If Haruka and other adventurers can fight continuously whilst using multiple skills, I don’t think air pull will make that happen. If heat aura is being a problem for landing hits (Although I don’t think it should be) Haruka can always nullify that when she gets a sure fire opportunity to land a hit.

How does cinner block? Does he do it with his hands or with his staff? Haruka would also be targeting lifeline once she figures out what it is later on, and she could also transform her scythe into it’s multi-bladed form to target both of them at the same, and as I’ve said before, cinner can’t be in multiple spots at once. In this case, He has to either block it and take (partial) damage, or let lifeline get hit, and most likely be destroyed, especially if haruka is adapted by this point.

Haruka can also feint, which is what I meant by her switching strategies or movement mid-fight to throw off cinners’ prediction
Well air pulling would be rather new I’d assume, it breaking her concentration isn’t too far fetched given they’re decently close in LS. Sure fire is a bit much but yeah that’s a bad scenario for Cinner.

The staff, it has taken blows from Streak’s scythe who is comparable to a base Cinner in AP during their fight. It should be tanky at least until we reach the like 3x Cinner’s AP range. As for targeting both Cinner can put up his guard to at least make it hurt less if we knows he can’t guard the AOE. Either that or use Strong Leap to disengage entirely and figure out how to get away from there.

Oh so that’s the strategy, I thought it was using portals and AOE or predicting his moves. Trying to feint could work for her given she’s fast enough to capitalize. But she is fast so I’ll give her that.
Y U NO VOTE????? THIS CAN’T FRICKIN CONCLUDE WITHOUT UR VOTE BRUH 😭
I mean we can have this as Incon and just have one progress in the tournament

Well air pulling would be rather new I’d assume, it breaking her concentration isn’t too far fetched given they’re decently close in LS. Sure fire is a bit much but yeah that’s a bad scenario for Cinner.
Haruka encountered new things before, like Shizu knowing nullify, but her magic nor concentration didn’t waver, so that would hardly be any different, especially when she knows of immediate ways to counter (Nullify, Shadow portal, etc.)
The staff, it has taken blows from Streak’s scythe who is comparable to a base Cinner in AP during their fight. It should be tanky at least until we reach the like 3x Cinner’s AP range. As for targeting both Cinner can put up his guard to at least make it hurt less if we knows he can’t guard the AOE. Either that or use Strong Leap to disengage entirely and figure out how to get away from there.
Haruka’s RE let’s her get 5x the AP range, and Cinner can put his guard up and block, yes, that’s why i said it’s be partial damage, but then he’d be leaving lifeline undefended if he can’t get in front of it in time, and depending on where ultimate darkness strike lands, it might not be feasible to just block, especially since haruka can use multiple of them, which could potentially attack omnidirectionally around him and lifeline, making defending it useless.
i mean we can have this as Incon and just have one progress in the tournament
Ik, but it feels kinda dull without a definitive winner (Though if it does come down to incon, I’ve got plenty of good arguments for haruka advancing)

I mean we can have this as Incon and just have one progress in the tournament
The definition of incon in Rules_for_VS_Threads/Battles: "If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive."

I consider voting Incon as well given this reached 10 pages without a conclusion, although Haruka is decently powerful, still think Cinner edges to advancement, due to reasons I applied many times (remaining mostly unchanged).

The definition of incon in Rules_for_VS_Threads/Battles: "If both sides have equivalent posts with constructive arguments, the thread shall be deemed inconclusive."

I consider voting Incon as well given this reached 10 pages without a conclusion, although Haruka is decently powerful, still think Cinner edges to advancement, due to reasons I applied many times (remaining mostly unchanged).
I was REALLY gonna say something there frogfy but uhhh yeah incon fra

Well, cinner can only do stuff that’s inside his range (Tens of meters) while haruka can apply her strategies way beyond that (Hundreds of kilometers) given that haruka could do a lot more damage, especially considering AoE attacks and adaptation, and the fact that she’d take advantage of his limited range, I’m pretty sure haruka will be doing far more here.

Oh hey, I think you forgot to put homing attack on her profile unless you mean Haruka’s line of sight is what lets her home in. If that’s that case Cinner could escape her line of sight to avoid the darkness.
Haruka encountered new things before, like Shizu knowing nullify, but her magic nor concentration didn’t waver, so that would hardly be any different, especially when she knows of immediate ways to counter (Nullify, Shadow portal, etc.)

Haruka’s RE let’s her get 5x the AP range, and Cinner can put his guard up and block, yes, that’s why i said it’s be partial damage, but then he’d be leaving lifeline undefended if he can’t get in front of it in time, and depending on where ultimate darkness strike lands, it might not be feasible to just block, especially since haruka can use multiple of them, which could potentially attack omnidirectionally around him and lifeline, making defending it useless.

Ik, but it feels kinda dull without a definitive winner (Though if it does come down to incon, I’ve got plenty of good arguments for haruka advancing)
Shoot, good point. But then again here she’s feeling the air itself tugging at her rather than just observing something she hasn’t seen.

Strong Leap is still viable and both have supernatural willpower so partial damage like a torn muscle should be manageable with that and regen easing the pain. It might pierce Cinner or Lifeline, but as long as they’re somewhat in tact we’re good. Also something that hasn’t been mentioned but could potentially come into play. When Cinner is knocked out in Pure Form his sheer focus lets him fight for an additional 25 seconds. He’d basically be bloodlusted and focused on attacking for the throat/skull damage I’ve mentioned. It may not work given he’d be less actively defending himself, but it’s something.

Yeah I get that feeling with incons too but tournaments like these have had plenty before. Plus this is Cinner at his peak, so he has options and experience he didn’t before on his side to at least get Haruka down with him.

Oh hey, I think you forgot to put homing attack on her profile unless you mean Haruka’s line of sight is what lets her home in. If that’s that case Cinner could escape her line of sight to avoid the darkness.
Frick, I did mb, but it’s on Asuna’s profile:
  • Homing Attack (All adventurers can manipulate their magic in any way they like/are capable of, Including changing an attacks direction.)
Strong Leap is still viable and both have supernatural willpower so partial damage like a torn muscle should be manageable with that and regen easing the pain. It might pierce Cinner or Lifeline, but as long as they’re somewhat in tact we’re good. Also something that hasn’t been mentioned but could potentially come into play. When Cinner is knocked out in Pure Form his sheer focus lets him fight for an additional 25 seconds. He’d basically be bloodlusted and focused on attacking for the throat/skull damage I’ve mentioned. It may not work given he’d be less actively defending himself, but it’s something.
Ye, I saw the 25 second thing, but as long as haruka continues to stay out of his range, she’ll probably be fine. Is strong leap spammable? He could prolly use it to escape, at least until haruka uses AoE attacks whilst cinner is in the air. If that’s how it works, then lifeline might take a hit or two, but it’ll still break if haruka hits it enough times, especially if it’s adapted haruka. As a wise man once said: “Nothings bullet-proof if you shoot it enough times”

Well, cinner can only do stuff that’s inside his range (Tens of meters) while haruka can apply her strategies way beyond that (Hundreds of kilometers) given that haruka could do a lot more damage, especially considering AoE attacks and adaptation, and the fact that she’d take advantage of his limited range, I’m pretty sure haruka will be doing far more here.
Cinner does have his ways of getting into her portals with her since that’s how she gets that far away in the first place. But if he’s stuck away, the time it’d take to reach her in a rush could hurt even if he does have his evasion skills.
Frick, I did mb, but it’s on Asuna’s profile:
  • Homing Attack (All adventurers can manipulate their magic in any way they like/are capable of, Including changing an attacks direction.)

Ye, I saw the 25 second thing, but as long as haruka continues to stay out of his range, she’ll probably be fine. Is strong leap spammable? He could prolly use it to escape, at least until haruka uses AoE attacks whilst cinner is in the air. If that’s how it works, then lifeline might take a hit or two, but it’ll still break if haruka hits it enough times, especially if it’s adapted haruka. As a wise man once said: “Nothings bullet-proof if you shoot it enough times”
True. Lifeline’s extension in general has a 5 second cooldown, seconds that could be exploited but still mere seconds. Haruka would need Touhou levels of danmaku spam to get him without AOE. That is a fire quote though.

Cinner does have his ways of getting into her portals with her since that’s how she gets that far away in the first place. But if he’s stuck away, the time it’d take to reach her in a rush could hurt even if he does have his evasion skills.
How does he do that? That’s also relying on the fact that he’s gotta be within range, which is very limited for cinner in this case, which is why I’m bringing up the fact that haruka can execute her strategies and attacks way easier if this goes to incon
True. Lifeline’s extension in general has a 5 second cooldown, seconds that could be exploited but still mere seconds. Haruka would need Touhou levels of danmaku spam to get him without AOE. That is a fire quote though.
She hasn’t shown off any outright spamming (Yet) but I’m very confident she’d have that, considering everyone else can do danmaku attacks. And I happen to agree 🍷🗿

How does he do that? That’s also relying on the fact that he’s gotta be within range, which is very limited for cinner in this case, which is why I’m bringing up the fact that haruka can execute her strategies and attacks way easier if this goes to incon

She hasn’t shown off any outright spamming (Yet) but I’m very confident she’d have that, considering everyone else can do danmaku attacks. And I happen to agree 🍷🗿
Jumping multiple times and pulling Haruka with air to slow her down and slipping in. And doesn’t Haruka need to portal away in the first place to fully use her range advantage?

I see, and with RE Lifeline risks damage upon Metal Whirlwind meaning Cinner would be forced to use his aura and jump away more to not risk a dead on attack.

Jumping multiple times and pulling Haruka with air to slow her down and slipping in. And doesn’t Haruka need to portal away in the first place to fully use her range advantage?
They start pretty far away, (40 meters, about the higher end of cinners’ range, I presume?) and haruka won’t rush in right away against an unknown opponent. If Haruka found herself stuck, she always has nullify to stop the air, and she can always just block or parry if she can’t get away.
I see, and with RE Lifeline risks damage upon Metal Whirlwind meaning Cinner would be forced to use his aura and jump away more to not risk a dead on attack.
If Cinner want’s to minimise the amount of hits haruka would land, precisely, though her massive range, adaptation to his movements and AoE attacks are still going to make it super difficult to stop both himself and lifeline from getting damaged, especially when haruka can use multiple ultimate darkness strikes at once for extra damage if she got the opportunity. Just because you can see it coming (Air sense) doesn’t always mean you can dodge it in time, after all. That’s a principle with spidey-sense and similair abilities, too.

They start pretty far away, (40 meters, about the higher end of cinners’ range, I presume?) and haruka won’t rush in right away against an unknown opponent. If Haruka found herself stuck, she always has nullify to stop the air, and she can always just block or parry if she can’t get away.

If Cinner want’s to minimise the amount of hits haruka would land, precisely, though her massive range, adaptation to his movements and AoE attacks are still going to make it super difficult to stop both himself and lifeline from getting damaged, especially when haruka can use multiple ultimate darkness strikes at once for extra damage if she got the opportunity. Just because you can see it coming (Air sense) doesn’t always mean you can dodge it in time, after all. That’s a principle with spidey-sense and similair abilities, too.
Since they’re that far, Cinner should leap off the ground or use Strong Leap which would let him cross that distance in a few seconds. The LS would make it so Haruka isn’t entirely halted by the air so not entirely sure if she would prioritize it knowing the cooldown if she turns it off. If she does though Cinner has to pursue which would be a disadvantage. But by that point he’s rushing.

Yeah, Cinner definitely takes some piercing attacks. But I do think he can make it so they don’t hit anything vital or piece up Lifeline for a while. And of course he can retaliate with Lightning Breaker and Shield Piercer for fast moves that fight back against hers.

Last edited:
Since they’re that far, Cinner should leap off the ground or use Strong Leap which would let him cross that distance in a few seconds. The LS would make it so Haruka isn’t entirely halted by the air so not entirely sure if she would prioritize it knowing the cooldown if she turns it off. If she does though Cinner has to pursue which would be a disadvantage.
A few seconds is plenty of time for haruka to dodge (As I’ve said before, she’s used to having to dodge with little time on her hands, especially in the Shizu fight)
Yeah, Cinner definitely takes some piercing attacks. But I do think he can make it so they don’t hit anything vital or piece up Lifeline for a while. And of course he can retaliate with Lightning Breaker and Shield Piercer for fast moves that fight back against hers.
He’s not completely immune though, is he? And if haruka is adapted, superhuman precision is gonna make it difficult for Cinner to just move slightly so it doesn’t hit anything vital once Haruka gets the opportunity, like if she bypasses prediction by changing movement patterns suddenly for example, or just pulls a “I refuse” to the air sense and uses AoE Ultimate darkness strikes around him and lifeline. She could also nullify air sense if that doesn’t work.

A few seconds is plenty of time for haruka to dodge (As I’ve said before, she’s used to having to dodge with little time on her hands, especially in the Shizu fight)

He’s not completely immune though, is he? And if haruka is adapted, superhuman precision is gonna make it difficult for Cinner to just move slightly so it doesn’t hit anything vital once Asuna gets the opportunity, like if she bypasses prediction by changing movement patterns suddenly for example, or just pulls a “I refuse” to the air sense and uses AoE Ultimate darkness strikes around him and lifeline. She could also nullify air sense if that doesn’t work.
Well she’d have to see him coming, make the portal, and go through all before he gets in her range in about 4 seconds.

Right, it’ll be harder with Haruka having adapted to his acrobatics, but he can still react to her stuff given they’re equal speeds and Haruka prefers staying far away. The bullet block was from just 2 meters away and there Cinner was straight up swatting it away. There’s also blocking Kernel and Rinser from close distances for his side. It’ll be difficult, but not impossible. I can see Cinner getting proper setup and slipping through some Danmaku before hitting off Shield Piercer. That move can reduce his body mass to be hit since he’s pointing straight like an arrow rather than having a wide stance. Bypassing prediction should be hard since Cinner has experience doing the same thing, so that’s something to keep Haruka at bay. But AOE can do good damage since it’s kilometers.

Well she’d have to see him coming, make the portal, and go through all before he gets in her range in about 4 seconds.
Haruka has prediction of her own, and 4 seconds is plenty of time to shadow portal away
Right, it’ll be harder with Haruka having adapted to his acrobatics, but he can still react to her stuff given they’re equal speeds and Haruka prefers staying far away. The bullet block was from just 2 meters away and there Cinner was straight up swatting it away. There’s also blocking Kernel and Rinser from close distances for his side. It’ll be difficult, but not impossible. I can see Cinner getting proper setup and slipping through some Danmaku before hitting off Shield Piercer. That move can reduce his body mass to be hit since he’s pointing straight like an arrow rather than having a wide stance. Bypassing prediction should be hard since Cinner has experience doing the same thing, so that’s something to keep Haruka at bay. But AOE can do good damage since it’s kilometers.
The reducing his body mass part, I can’t see on his profile, but ok. Equalised speeds and haruka’s long distance attacks giving cinner a bit of warning is true, but To get through whatever danmaku haruka decides to throw at her, in most cases he’d have to fly a pretty darn long way, which can give haruka plenty of time to retreat further again and keep spamming and forcing him to defend. If they’re both trying to bypass each others’ prediction, then that’ll just put em on equal footing, lol.

Haruka has prediction of her own, and 4 seconds is plenty of time to shadow portal away

The reducing his body mass part, I can’t see on his profile, but ok. Equalised speeds and haruka’s long distance attacks giving cinner a bit of warning is true, but To get through whatever danmaku haruka decides to throw at her, in most cases he’d have to fly a pretty darn long way, which can give haruka plenty of time to retreat further again and keep spamming and forcing him to defend. If they’re both trying to bypass each others’ prediction, then that’ll just put em on equal footing, lol.
I suppose she can then making Cinner pursue her.

It’s just the position his body is in, charging straight ahead. He can do it with a wider stance but in this scenario and with the freedom of being midair, he should condense. It does depend on the distance though, of course Cinner would only try Shield Piercer once he’s close anyways. Equal footing could be just what Cinner needs to execute his win con.

It’s just the position his body is in, charging straight ahead. He can do it with a wider stance but in this scenario and with the freedom of being midair, he should condense. It does depend on the distance though, of course Cinner would only try Shield Piercer once he’s close anyways.
Ah, I see. Once again though, haruka is not going to get in close unless she see’s an opportunity to damage him greatly and combo or until she’s adapted to him completely. So landing that with the range cinner has is going to be very difficult, especially since haruka can basically unleash attacks at him whenever she wants

Ah, I see. Once again though, haruka is not going to get in close unless she see’s an opportunity to damage him greatly and combo or until she’s adapted to him completely. So landing that with the range cinner has is going to be very difficult, especially since haruka can basically unleash attacks at him whenever she wants
We’re kinda at an impasse here since Haruka can keep teleporting away but Cinner can keep trying to catch her and using his movement based abilities to help himself and hinder her attempts to hit him while she can keep spamming him. There’s also a chance one outpredicts the other. I’m seeing why people dropped incon votes.

Same, but I feel that’s why we’re still discussing this right now, because whoever advances hinges on who is doing more in this fight, and in my opinion, that’s definitely haruka. She’s the one who can force cinner on the defensive most of the time with AoE attacks, AP edge, massively bigger range, etc, whereas cinner can only really do anything if haruka is really close, which haruka will probably try to prevent once she see’s that cinners’ range is super small compared to hers.

Cinner could try what he did against Kaint where he did a spinning attack which knocked him to the ground, letting Cinner get on top of him to get her head.

Same, but I feel that’s why we’re still discussing this right now, because whoever advances hinges on who is doing more in this fight, and in my opinion, that’s definitely haruka. She’s the one who can force cinner on the defensive most of the time with AoE attacks, AP edge, massively bigger range, etc, whereas cinner can only really do anything if haruka is really close, which haruka will probably try to prevent once she see’s that cinners’ range is super small compared to hers.
Cinner does have his early game advantages and adaptation/prediction to counteract Haruka’s adapting to him. He also has seemingly far more training and has fought more people with comparable skill and similar power sets to Haruka. He also has things that would be hard for Haruka to find out about and nullify, namely Object Bond and his senses. He is used to having to force his way in range and balance defense and offense too, the staff is a very all round kind of weapon.

Cinner could try what he did against Kaint where he did a spinning attack which knocked him to the ground, letting Cinner get on top of him to get her head.
There is a bunch of stuff that doesn’t really make that feasible, but if that did happen, haruka could just pull a * Teleports behind you * to escape and hit cinner away, lol
Cinner does have his early game advantages and adaptation/prediction to counteract Haruka’s adapting to him. He also has things that would be hard for Haruka to find out about and nullify, namely Object Bond and his senses. He is used to having to balance defense and offense too, the staff is a very balanced weapon.
That’s why I brought up haruka’s intelligence and deductive abilities to begin with for exactly those reasons. She won’t know everything right away, but she’ll get a ton of knowledge over time through sheer deduction alone, given that her deduction abilities give her the literal ability to know your worst fears at a glance

Those early advantages would be helpful, as I’ve said before, but cinner won’t have a lot of time to capitalise on it. And it’s possible he might not, either. Since this is one of his weaknesses:

Weaknesses: It takes a lot for him to get entirely serious, especially in the excitement of a battle.

Even if cinner is serious from the start, haruka will fight from a distance at first against an unknown opponent, as she did against Shizu in their fight, which will make it difficult for cinner to get in range to attack back against haruka throwing AoE attacks and whatever danmaku she throws at him, which can force him to defend

There is a bunch of stuff that doesn’t really make that feasible, but if that did happen, haruka could just pull a * Teleports behind you * to escape and hit cinner away, lol

That’s why I brought up haruka’s intelligence and deductive abilities to begin with for exactly those reasons. She won’t know everything right away, but she’ll get a ton of knowledge over time through sheer deduction alone, given that her deduction abilities give her the literal ability to know your worst fears at a glance

Those early advantages would be helpful, as I’ve said before, but cinner won’t have a lot of time to capitalise on it. And it’s possible he might not, either. Since this is one of his weaknesses:

Weaknesses: It takes a lot for him to get entirely serious, especially in the excitement of a battle.

Even if cinner is serious from the start, haruka will fight from a distance at first against an unknown opponent, as she did against Shizu in their fight, which will make it difficult for cinner to get in range to attack back against haruka throwing AoE attacks and whatever danmaku she throws at him, which can force him to defend
She could but Cinner could also catch her before she falls in given exposure to portals by the time that happens.

Right, though I’ve mentioned how object bond seems a bit too different from magic/an active skill to be turned off. Same with ESP since it’s just a result of Cinner’s senses being heightened making it natural like martial arts which you mentioned earlier.

Well that weakness is ironed out as Cinner sees life and death stakes and matures. In this key and with his hyper focused state, he shouldn’t be too distracted by his enjoyment of the fight. He’d drop a few lines sure, but nothing keeping him off his A game. Cinner will struggle initially with her range, but I think aside from AOE which he has aura for, he should be able to mitigate how big that advantage is with time to plan around it.

She could but Cinner could also catch her before she falls in given exposure to portals by the time that happens.
True, but it’s also relying on cinner being within range against, which haruka is trying to exploit, since she has a huge advantage in that regard
Right, though I’ve mentioned how object bond seems a bit too different from magic/an active skill to be turned off. Same with ESP since it’s just a result of Cinner’s senses being heightened making it natural like martial arts which you mentioned earlier.
I know, and that seems to make sense right now, but skills in Bakuhatsu is straight up magic, which covers a whole wide array of things. ‘Ki’ is just a synonym for ‘chi’ which is described as “the purest energy that arises out of consciousness, awareness, stillness – through you into your body and all expressions of life.” but in a more fictional sense, it’s straight up magical energy, exactly like Bakuhatsu magic. You seem to have made a clear difference between “Life force” and “Ki” here, especially since they don’t seem to be the same thing at a glance here.

However, in general, trying to debate whether or not a certain power system will be effective against another isn’t really a productive thing to do in a VS thread, since it just complicates things, so I’d leave it at that.
Well that weakness is ironed out as Cinner sees life and death stakes and matures. In this key and with his hyper focused state, he shouldn’t be too distracted by his enjoyment of the fight. He’d drop a few lines sure, but nothing keeping him off his A game. Cinner will struggle initially with her range, but I think aside from AOE which he has aura for, he should be able to mitigate how big that advantage is with time to plan around it.
Ok, makes sense. I’m very confident that haruka can, again, nullify the aura if it’s hindering damage for some reason. I don’t see how cinner has much time to make a whole ahh plan around it when haruka uses those skills whenever she wants to take him by surprise.

True, but it’s also relying on cinner being within range against, which haruka is trying to exploit, since she has a huge advantage in that regard

I know, and that seems to make sense right now, but skills in Bakuhatsu is straight up magic, which covers a whole wide array of things. ‘Ki’ is just a synonym for ‘chi’ which is described as “the purest energy that arises out of consciousness, awareness, stillness – through you into your body and all expressions of life.” but in a more fictional sense, it’s straight up magical energy, exactly like Bakuhatsu magic. You seem to have made a clear difference between “Life force” and “Ki” here, especially since they don’t seem to be the same thing at a glance here.

However, in general, trying to debate whether or not a certain power system will be effective against another isn’t really a productive thing to do in a VS thread, since it just complicates things, so I’d leave it at that.

Ok, makes sense. I’m very confident that haruka can, again, nullify the aura if it’s hindering damage for some reason. I don’t see how cinner has much time to make a whole ahh plan around it when haruka uses those skills whenever she wants to take him by surprise.
Right, both are trying to make things play by their rules.

It depends on how you see I suppose. Ki I have less problems with since it’s more supernatural while OB is just for enhancement.

It depends on whether she’s more likely to do that before taking the extension or air pulling and her cooldown. I think in most scenarios, she prioritizes one of the other two first since they’re more clear threats. Cinner has made plans around abilities he hasn’t seen prior mid fight like Haruka did against Shizu. We’ve gone over how both have ways to stop themselves taking damage, so his should give him proper time. He is a combat genius afterall.

Right, both are trying to make things play by their rules.

It depends on how you see I suppose. Ki I have less problems with since it’s more supernatural while OB is just for enhancement.
Okie dokie, though haruka has the ‘play by my rules’ tactic in the bag, since cinner will constantly be in her range, and the same can’t really be said for cinner
It depends on whether she’s more likely to do that before taking the extension or air pulling and her cooldown. I think in most scenarios, she prioritizes one of the other two first since they’re more clear threats. Cinner has made plans around abilities he hasn’t seen prior mid fight like Haruka did against Shizu. We’ve gone over how both have ways to stop themselves taking taking, so his should give him proper time. He is a combat genius afterall.
True, but so is haruka. And like I’ve mentioned before, her range is gonna let her do whatever she wants whenever, whereas cinner has to get in close to do anything, so assuming their battle IQ is equal (Intelligence can’t be 100% accurately scaled) then haruka would excel in that, since she has way more opportunities to execute any strategy she comes up with.

Yeah basically, both characters have their main strategies and advantages laid out and I can’t really cook up a response to what Ray said besides Cinner will be pursuing with his own strategies and defensive options.

Haruka does basically the same thing, executing all her strategies and exploiting weaknesses, but I think I should mention again that she can do everything she wants to do at any time with her range, and cinner meanwhile is far more limited in that regard, so haruka is going to force him on the defensive if cinner cares about lifeline as much as he seems to.

Back