• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know everyone has already said that Saitama calling Boros strong doesn't count for much because he had never met an opponent that could take his punches before, and that his bored and insulting demenor to Orochi is because he's seen this before with Boros and is not impressed, but that inherently means that Boros would have to be > or = Orochi. If Orochi was truly more powerful than Boros, that would have shocked Saitama or garnered some reaction. Instead of calling Orochi a real fight, strong, very strong, or almost a real fight, he says Orochi is a child who is just powerful enough to let off some steam.

I know everyone has already said that Saitama calling Boros strong doesn't count for much because he had never met an opponent that could take his punches before, and that his bored and insulting demenor to Orochi is because he's seen this before with Boros and is not impressed, but that inherently means that Boros would have to be > or = Orochi. If Orochi was truly more powerful than Boros, that would have shocked Saitama or garnered some reaction. Instead of calling Orochi a real fight, strong, very strong, or almost a real fight, he says Orochi is a child who is just powerful enough to let off some steam.
Huh, well, that makes sense.

Orochi has to be in the same ballpark in order to not evoke a surprised reaction from Saitama. Because if he was so much stronger than Boros, it would certainly be noted.

I think what they were getting is that Orochi’s Gaia cannon is on a level above but comparable to Boros’ CSRC (attack potency wise) that Saitama wouldnt be surprised by it or find it noteworthy enough to mention it because in reality those attacks are absolutely nothing to him.

I think what they were getting is that Orochi’s Gaia cannon is on a level above but comparable to Boros’ CSRC (attack potency wise) that Saitama wouldnt be surprised by it or find it noteworthy enough to mention it because in reality those attacks are absolutely nothing to him.
Someone being able to exceed or meet Boros' trump card/all of his energy in one attack would be more than noteworthy.

Saitama is basically an inverse powerscaler. He showed respect to boros because hes the strongest he's ever fought, if the orochi was relative or stronger than boros saitama would show respect to him too. but he didn't, he was never impressed by boros and saitama got his hopes up from the "monster king" but orochi was just a little kid too him. Both characters are absolutely nothing to him yet he still respected one but not the other.

Honestly I feel like a lot of these arguments are just speculating or assuming how Saitama would react.

Someone being able to exceed or meet Boros' trump card/all of his energy in one attack would be more than noteworthy.
I think the argument is that because the attacks are still within the same realm and its Saitama, its not actually different in his eyes to be noteworthy.

Saitama is basically an inverse powerscaler. He showed respect to boros because hes the strongest he's ever fought, if the orochi was relative or stronger than boros saitama would show respect to him too. but he didn't, he was never impressed by boros and saitama got his hopes up from the "monster king" but orochi was just a little kid too him. Both characters are absolutely nothing to him yet he still respected one but not the other.
Thats a possibility. At the end of the day all of this is up to the most popular suggestion.

I think the argument is that because the attacks are still within the same realm and its Saitama, its not actually different in his eyes to be noteworthy.
But I think the context in which those attacks happen would change how he views it. Boros threatened to destroy the world, got canceled out by a serious punch, and died from his attack. If Orochi did something > than that without being annihilated, it would have been taken more seriously. He would have been at least noted as strong. Instead, he's "just strong enough"

But I think the context in which those attacks happen would change how he views it. Boros threatened to destroy the world, got canceled out by a serious punch, and died from his attack. If Orochi did something > than that without being annihilated, it would have been taken more seriously. He would have been at least noted as strong. Instead, he's "just strong enough"
I would say Saitama didnt actually treat either very seriously because he is easily capable of destroying both attacks without trying. He just respects one over the other hence why he lies to Boros by saying it was a good fight when in reality he could’ve ended the fight with ease.

Also, saitama not being impressed bc hes seen something similar to this doesn't really work. saitama saw boros as nothing and sees orochi as nothing, he wouldn't have shown respect to boros in the first place if he was that "unworthy".

I would say Saitama didnt actually treat either very seriously because he is easily capable of destroying both attacks without trying. He just respects one over the other hence why he lies to Boros by saying it was a good fight when in reality he could’ve ended the fight with ease.
Yeah, but Boros was called "almost a real fight" by Saitama when nobody was around to listen.

Also just re-read the Orochi-Saitama fight, Orochi gets one shot by a normal punch. Boros' body has, multiple times, stayed in-tact from normal or slightly above normal punches, not even taking into account the fact that he has far less mass, so not being shredded is even more of a feat. I know it doesn't matter too much, just something to note.
Again.
This was addressed. It could be in the sense of "Woah, that bitch kicked me to the moon", because clearly Saitama wasn't having fun there.
Could be. But you'd have to make more assumptions to get to that conclusion. The context doesn't really lend to that interpretation, Boros just actively surprised Saitama with his speed, landed numerous hits, and then kicked him at near light speeds to the moon. That lends itself more to the face value interpretation of Boros simply just being quite strong in Saitama's eyes.

Saitama called Boros strong. Saitama called Garou tough, and thought that he could possibly be the Monster King. Saitama after fighting Orochi came to the conclusion that he's not the Monster King.

Saitama's scaling goes like this:
Boros (Strong) > Monster King title in his head (pretty tough) = Garou > Orochi

Saitama called Boros strong. Saitama called Garou tough, and thought that he could possibly be the Monster King. Saitama after fighting Orochi came to the conclusion that he's not the Monster King.

Boros is irrelevent to Garou, Orochi and Saitama’s monster king hopes statements

He notes that Garou looks tough, which is a big distinction from actually being tough.

Saitama thinks that the Monster King is strong. He did not think that for Orochi.

Saitama considered Boros strong.
Saitama thinks the monster king should be really strong and give him a actual fight he’s longing for but thats just hopes, not meaning much. Saitama at one point hoped for the possibility of Garou being on his level thanks to the rumors about him.

If we stick to the argument that Saitama isnt impressed by Orochi because he been there done that against Boros then It could be explained by Saitama simply hoping that someone with title of monster king would be far stronger than Orochi and Boros.

I dont fully agree with the idea because it could potentially lead to arguments for pre-Saitama/post-SC Garou to be stronger than Orochi and Meteoric Burst Boros but I do agree its strange for Boros to scale above Gaia Cannon based on Saitama when Saitama never compared the two and Boros having no feat comparable to the cannon.

Last edited:
Saitama has enough of Boros, not because he praises all the strong opponents, but because it was his strongest enemy at that time.
Saitama is not the kind of character that runs around, looking for relatively strong characters, praising them, and destroying them with one hit after that.
He was just counting on Boros. However, now knowing that these opponents are nothing to him, it makes no sense for him to praise them every time.

Saitama has enough of Boros, not because he praises all the strong opponents, but because it was his strongest enemy at that time.
Saitama is not the kind of character that runs around, looking for relatively strong characters, praising them, and destroying them with one hit after that.
He was just counting on Boros. However, now knowing that these opponents are nothing to him, it makes no sense for him to praise them every time.
They why would Saitama complete Boros in the first place if he was nothing to him. Simply cuz boros is above the rest.

I think the main issue with the pro-scaling arguments is that they don’t take Saitama’s general disinterest into account. Long after his fight with Boros Saitama had completely given up on the prospect of finding someone that could give him a good fight (whereas earlier in the series he took genuine interest in enemies that seemingly showed promise), so there’d be no reason for him to take interest in Orochi’s strength.

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

Saitama wouldn’t take note of someone being stronger than Boros because he literally doesn’t care at this point, they still wouldn’t be strong enough to provide a challenge. It was actually made fairly clear by Saitama’s Pre-Redraw Orochi fight that at this point he views all opponents the same way: they’re nothing to him.
IMG_4802.jpg

I think the main issue with the pro-scaling arguments is that they don’t take Saitama’s general disinterest into account. Long after his fight with Boros Saitama had completely given up on the prospect of finding someone that could give him a good fight (whereas earlier in the series he took genuine interest in enemies that seemingly showed promise), so there’d be no reason for him to take interest in Orochi’s strength.

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

Saitama wouldn’t take note of someone being stronger than Boros because he literally doesn’t care at this point, they still wouldn’t be strong enough to provide a challenge. It was actually made fairly clear by Saitama’s Pre-Redraw Orochi fight that at this point he views all opponents the same way: they’re nothing to him.
IMG_4802.jpg
Then he had no reason to respect Boros at any point after the first punch was thrown.

Then he had no reason to respect Boros at any point after the first punch was thrown.
He still somewhat cared about finding strong opponents back then, so he was interested in Boros for surviving his Normal Punch and continuously pulling out new transformations and abilities throughout their fight.

As of the Monster Association Arc, he has zero hope in finding strong opponents as I pointed out above.

He still somewhat cared about finding strong opponents back then, so he was interested in Boros for surviving his Normal Punch and continuously pulling out new transformations and abilities throughout their fight.

As of the Monster Association Arc, he has zero hope in finding strong opponents as I pointed out above.
He still does care for finding strong opponents, he would love to fight the “monster king” if of course it lived up to the hype. The bonus chapter of Saitama saying he can still defeat any opponent with normal punches still exists. Saitama immediately knew boros’ potential yet still choose to respect him. He knew Boros could easily be a one and done yet respected his strength commented on it several times. And Orochi doesn’t fit that criteria.

Scans please.

The “Saitama called Boros strong” thing was addressed a page ago.
Saitam did say he was interested in Garou and hoped maybe Garou was stronger than him back when kicked Garou in the wall while talking to king. Not to mention he said Monster king orochi sounded very strong because of its name and decided to follow Flashy because he thought he would find strong monsters and was excited about it.

But yeah Boros shouldn’t scale to Orochi by using Saitama’s current statements for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back