• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbf it's kinda impossible to say if it's really a lowball or not when there's only a statement. The real baseline for surface busting is 138 petatons. It's what other series who also have a "destroy the surface" statement use.

Sure, you can say that since a lot of vaguely Boros level characters have feats mich higher than CSRC trying a more impressive assumption is ok, but i'm unsure to what point you can use that to justify trying different calc methods to increase the results of a very vague feat.

"Saitama called one of them a good opponent and the other a baby splashing water in a tub"

"Boros's feat could be far higher due to the CSRC actually hitting the ship instead of the surface and the fact that surface destruction could be much stronger than just High 6-A"

"Boros feat didnt even happend first of all, Saitama deflected it, the attack can wipe out the earth surface, but the way to do it can varies from High 6-A to even 5-A"

"Saitama thought Orochi was nothing more than a rude kid who splashed water in a bath. Meanwhile Saitama complimented Boros multiple times which is something he has said to no one else even this far into the series."

"The reasoning for Boros scaling above Orochi is due to Saitama regarding Boros as "strong twice in their fight, when he didn't bat an eye to Orochi, and even called him a child"

"Boros' feat is only a vague statement and in no case should it be used to discredit other feats, surface destruction can be as high as High 5-A depending on how fast it is done. The 183 petatons calc is the lowest possible way to calculate Boros' feat; it would take a lot of time to destroy the surface according to it."

"Saitama treated the monster king like a child while he called Released Boros strong at least once."

"Orochi believes he is now strong enough to beat someone who could nearly kill him previously. Saitama is far more powerful in every capacity, but what he used against Orochi was nowhere near his full strength or effort—even the level he used against Boros with a Serious Punch doesn't come close. So Orochi believes he can now defeat someone far more powerful than his previous self."

"The gap between Orochi and Released Boros is described as a bratty child in a bath tub and a person actually worth paying attention to."

"released Boros is stronger than Orochi, as Saitama rated Boros as ''too strong'' while he treated orochi like a child playing in a tub"

"The High 6-A calc Boros is a lowball. And we were never able to see the true power of Boros ' attack."

Unless there is a more solid argument for not scaling Boros above Orochi, I disagree with the OP.

"Saitama called one of them a good opponent and the other a baby splashing water in a tub"

"Saitama treated the monster king like a child while he called Released Boros strong at least once."

"Orochi believes he is now strong enough to beat someone who could nearly kill him previously. Saitama is far more powerful in every capacity, but what he used against Orochi was nowhere near his full strength or effort—even the level he used against Boros with a Serious Punch doesn't come close. So Orochi believes he can now defeat someone far more powerful than his previous self."

"The gap between Orochi and Released Boros is described as a bratty child in a bath tub and a person actually worth paying attention to."

"released Boros is stronger than Orochi, as Saitama rated Boros as ''too strong'' while he treated orochi like a child playing in a tub"
"Saitama thought Orochi was nothing more than a rude kid who splashed water in a bath. Meanwhile Saitama complimented Boros multiple times which is something he has said to no one else even this far into the series."
"The reasoning for Boros scaling above Orochi is due to Saitama regarding Boros as "strong twice in their fight, when he didn't bat an eye to Orochi, and even called him a child"
this is all the exact same shit. none of this is any different. You are literally saying the same thing but with different words
Already been explained in the thread
"Boros's feat could be far higher due to the CSRC actually hitting the ship instead of the surface and the fact that surface destruction could be much stronger than just High 6-A"
"Boros feat didnt even happend first of all, Saitama deflected it, the attack can wipe out the earth surface, but the way to do it can varies from High 6-A to even 5-A"
"Boros' feat is only a vague statement and in no case should it be used to discredit other feats, surface destruction can be as high as High 5-A depending on how fast it is done. The 183 petatons calc is the lowest possible way to calculate Boros' feat; it would take a lot of time to destroy the surface according to it."

"The High 6-A calc Boros is a lowball. And we were never able to see the true power of Boros ' attack."
Yeah sorry literally every other verse needs to deal with using the 183 petaton calc OPM isn't special
and so planet busting can be as high as low 4-C but we don't assume that a planet busting statement is low 4-C

this is all the exact same shit. none of this is any different. You are literally saying the same thing but with different words
Already been explained in the thread

Yeah sorry literally every other verse needs to deal with using the 183 petaton calc OPM isn't special
and so planet busting can be as high as low 4-C but we don't assume that a planet busting statement is low 4-C
I just carried over the arguments from the One punch man thread, I thought it might be useful to better situate this debate;

I already know there are counterarguments, so don't **** up.

note: No one has yet counter-argued the other arguments I gave earlier.

I just carried over the arguments from the One punch man thread, I thought it might be useful to better situate this debate;

I already know there are counterarguments, so don't **** up.
yeah you don't spam the same argument ten times
there are two actual arguments in their one of which has been countered by an argument that hasn't been countered
the other is just saying we have no idea how powerful it is so we will just assume the higher ends

Last edited:
Yes, I used the same argument to make the understanding clearer, I could have taken a much wider range of the same arguments, but I didn't because I know it would be an exaggeration.

Clarity, that was my aim in repeating the same argument.

The Gery, Melz, and Gror scaling still hasn't been addressed.

Also, Boros is the only character in OPM to be officially above dragon. Murata just said he thinks Orochi would be above dragon level.

The Gery, Melz, and Gror scaling still hasn't been addressed.

Also, Boros is the only character in OPM to be officially above dragon. Murata just said he thinks Orochi would be above dragon level.
Scaling Melzargard/Geryuganshoop/Groribas to Orochi based on Murata stating they stand no chance against him is poor logic.

Geryu damaging the ship is Anime-only.

Scaling Melzargard/Geryuganshoop/Groribas to Orochi based on Murata stating they stand no chance against him is poor logic.

Geryu damaging the ship is Anime-only.
1. It's s stement that has been accepted and is noted on the wiki.
2. Just looked over that chapter again, yeah that's Manga only. Actually proves my point better as Gery can slightly damage Orochi (Has to in order to have the capacity to beat him), but can't damage the ship, while Released Boros not only damages his ship, he does quite a bit of damage.

Doing a quick calc, vaporizing the crust 30 kilometers down would be 93.758766730401535034 Exatons of tnt, not even including the oceans, so in reality, it's 94.7587667 Exatons of tnt or Moon Level.
I don't understand how the evaporation of the bark gave you a result of 90 exaton. Show me the calculation.
My version, where I used absolutely the entire bark and split it into elements, has half the result

I don't understand how the evaporation of the bark gave you a result of 90 exaton. Show me the calculation.
My version, where I used absolutely the entire bark and split it into elements, has half the result
That was simply using the vaporization value, and then using the hollow sphere volume calculator. It is probably lower when you use the appropriate elements.

But no one disputed the fact that Boros is a true level of disaster above dragon and Orochi is a Dragon for One.
Yeah, I don't think anyone can really dispute that. If nothing else does, that pretty much solidifies Boros is > Orochi.

Yeah, I don't think anyone can really dispute that. If nothing else does, that pretty much solidifies Boros is > Orochi.
In fact, we don't even know Orochi's real threat level. What is shown in the manga refers to his restrained version, while Murata's quote referred to the version before the redraw.

Also his Gai Canon is drawing energy from the Earth's core, and adding it to his own, so it's somewhat unfair to scale to his normal AP.

Also his Gai Canon is drawing energy from the Earth's core, and adding it to his own, so it's somewhat unfair to scale to his normal AP.
Bro he doesn't even scale to Gaia Cannon, he scales to the earthquakes he created from pulling the energy.

Dragon or Above doesn't exist in universe. So there is literally no way for Orochi to be considered that unless we get another author statement, which is highly unlikely since he already said he was Dragon or Above before the redraws. If the statement can't be used because of redraws, that doesn't mean scale Boros to Orochi.

That just means Orochi's actual rating is unknown, and no one should scale to him without good reason.

The CSRC calc is irrelevant to the actual topic of this thread.
Well one of the main points is CSRC is < than Gai Canon.
Dragon or Above doesn't exist in universe. So there is literally no way for Orochi to be considered that unless we get another author statement, which is highly unlikely since he already said he was Dragon or Above before the redraws.
That's kind of what I was thinking given the context.

Just realized that I never gave input here oof

I’m neutral on the idea of scaling Boros above Orochi, although I do have to say that scaling him just because Saitama said he was strong is kinda weak evidence (especially for Released Boros, Saitama said he was strong once but then acted bored/annoyed with him for the rest of the fight).

So overall, I’m leaning towards agreeing with Damage, Rusty and the other staff that have given input here.

What are even the major points brought up in this thread, It's very disorganized, and incoherent.
  1. The typical “Saitama called Boros strong”, but TheRustyOne addressed that pretty throughly
  2. Scaling Melzargard, Geryuganshoop, and Groribas to Orochi then upscaling Boros from his generals, but that was moved to its own thread and rejected hard.
  3. Disaster Level scaling.
There was also talk of recalcing the CSRC, but that’s irrelevant to the actual topic of thread. Anyway having kept up with the discussion I still agree with dropping the Boros-Orochi scaling.

Last edited:
In such a case we must downgrage Boros before his own exploits. As far as I remember, his last MB calculation was 6-A, which can be scaled up to a High 6-A baseline.

His speed justification in his Released key would also need its justification changed, but it wouldn’t be downgraded.

Since it is allowed here to say "bullshit" about a person's statement, then in my heart I don’t give a **** what kind of evidence is needed here? Orochi's casting effect is 5 Exatons.
The newest calculation for Boros' strongest attack is 1 exaton. I would still understand if only MB was scaled, but we are talking about RB, which showed absolutely nothing.
Catching up with the thread, sorry if this point was dropped.

But that's the worst argument I've seen to stop scaling.
Hey, here's a thought: Narrative isn't entitled to fan calculations. Not even close.
and you can't really argue "portrayal", because shaving off the surface of the Earth would be a MUCH, MUCH more impressive visually than pulling a piece of focken magma from the core.

Narratively, Saitama considers Boros stronger than Orochi. Our math is nearly irrelevant here.
If Boros had only shown City level feats, we'd be having a different conversation.
Same applies if Saitama were to fight some 2-C character, we wouldn't backscale because it would not make sense, narratively, and mathematically.

Catching up with the thread, sorry if this point was dropped.

But that's the worst argument I've seen to stop scaling.
Hey, here's a thought: Narrative isn't entitled to fan calculations. Not even close.
and you can't really argue "portrayal", because shaving off the surface of the Earth would be a MUCH, MUCH more impressive visually than pulling a piece of focken magma from the core.

Narratively, Saitama considers Boros stronger than Orochi. Our math is nearly irrelevant here.
If Boros had only shown City level feats, we'd be having a different conversation.
Same applies if Saitama were to fight some 2-C character, we wouldn't backscale because it would not make sense, narratively, and mathematically.
In fact, the difference between the feats is not so great. In fact, they act on the same amount of mass (>10^22 kg). Only in one case it is destruction, and in the other it is a rise of hundreds of kilometers.

In fact, the difference between the feats is not so great. In fact, they act on the same amount of mass (>10^22 kg). Only in one case it is destruction, and in the other it is a rise of hundreds of kilometers.
Oh, so you did drop the point.
Sorry for replying then.

It's just that, the reason why it's invalid is poor interpretation of Saitama's words, if it wasn't invalid, it wouldn't be absurd to scale Boros above it just because of our math. (considering they're not too far apart)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back