• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lord Tracer says you can't "add a random multiplier" and "that's not how upscaling works", but when I asked for clarification, nothing. In Naruto, we have a dude one-two shot a bunch of Moon+ characters and get Small Planet level, and yet we have a character hugely faster (MB) than a character that is hugely faster (RB) than a guy that is hugely faster (AB) than a character that is Relativistic+, and we can't even get Sol?
In Naruto we have someone who is almost moon+ with their existence. Then their strongest attack gets fully overpowered and one shot by a nerfed version of a fodder form. Then two guys who are vastly superior to him show up, Fuse together their power. Then they get beaten by Naruto and Sasuke. Then Naruto and Sasukes Avatars get one shot and the only reason they have people who scale to Low 5-B in the first place is because they scale to the combined power of Naruto and Sasukes Avatars
Your scaling chain their wouldn't even hit the comparison to 50% BSM Naruto. Forget it even approaching the gap between Isshiki and the bottom of the scaling chain
Hell the Naruto scaling chain has less then a 1.1x gap yet they still cannot get Small Planet level without multipliers

Don't agree with Boros being FTL via this weird logic, but I disagree with some of the counter-arguments here; Boros' attacks may bypass friction, but they don't negate inertia. Even if Boros didn't have the same aura he uses to kick people, he should still at least somewhat scale.
Why not? It's just using momentum to find the real speed of his kick.

It's simple logic. The more weight the object you’re throwing has, then obviously your speed is gonna be slower. The heavier the object the faster the real speed is. The lighter the object, the slower the real speed is. It's something that should be utilized when throwing/moving objects.

Because energy approaches infinity, not surpasses it, via the logic you're trying to use.

Even kinetic energy isn't linear.

Last edited:
Because energy approaches infinity, not surpasses it, via the logic you're trying to use.

Even kinetic energy isn't linear.
The kinetic energy doesn’t matter here, the speed does. Saitama’s weight heavily affects the momentum. If it weren’t for his mass then Boros would be kicking at FTL speeds. Nothing to do with infinite mass/AP. Just momentum and speed.

Boros also has weight and momentum. In fact, he's much larger than Saitama.

Boros also has weight and momentum. In fact, he's much larger than Saitama.
Yes. I miss your point tho. Boros is also not putting his whole body weight into it, just his leg. Saitama’s mass > Boros’ leg mass. Hence the real speed of reference being FTL.

Boros isn't just moving his legs while running, though. He has to move his entire body with his legs.

Also, how does this remotely change what I said about Rel KE/KE? You need energy to move larger masses, and momentum is just part of that.

Last edited:
Boros isn't just moving his legs while running, though. He has to move his entire body with his legs.
No where was i talking about running speed.
Also, how does this remotely change what I said about Rel KE/KE?
Because momentum isn’t KE. Objects move slower the more weight they have on them, so removing that weight obviously makes them move faster. It’s a speed thing not a KE thing. You can even google these values and get appropriate results. No other calculator can calculate FTL KE.

No where was i talking about running speed.
Then what's the point of this discussion if it doesn't actually change his running speed?
Because momentum isn’t KE. Objects move slower the more weight they have on them, so removing that weight obviously makes them move faster. It’s a speed thing not a KE thing. You can even google these values and get appropriate results. No other calculator can calculate FTL KE.
Momentum is, in and of itself, just the product of mass and velocity. I get your argument, but I don't remotely see how this supports FTL without some sort of proof.

Show that it's some sort of linear boost.

Then what's the point of this discussion if it doesn't actually change his running speed?
I was talking about the speed of his strikes.
Momentum is, in and of itself, just the product of mass and velocity. I get your argument, but I don't remotely see how this supports FTL without some sort of proof.

Show that it's some sort of linear boost.
Because it’s mathematically correct. That’s what I’m arguing. Earlier you dismissed it as “weird logic” when it’s just simple math.

If it's strikes alone, then I guess that's better.

Does this 'simple math' doesn't account for relativistic effects?

The thing is, a lot of calculations do need to account for relativistic effects. We rejected a previous FTL calculation that was based on melting metal because it didn't take relativistic effects into account.

Basically, shit starts to get wild as you get closer to the speed of light. Like having the effective mass of a small planet.

I think it's clear General relativity doesn't exist in OPM. It is stated multiple times that friction is what prevents a character from going past the Sol, not an increase in their mass.

I mean one person said no, but their reasoning was questionabe at best.
Wasn't it 2 people? Arc7 and KLOL?
I think it's clear General relativity doesn't exist in OPM. It is stated multiple times that friction is what prevents a character from going past the Sol, not an increase in their mass.
Sure, but momentum, which the calc is based on and kinetic energy equations are not relevant in the case of FTL movements, no?

Wasn't it 2 people? Arc7 and KLOL?
I think it's just Arc/
Sure, but momentum, which the calc is based on and kinetic energy equations are not relevant in the case of FTL movements, no?
Well th thing is we don't use FTL KE because it breaks out laws of physics, if a series consistently shows it does not follow the laws of general relativity, then the rule is mute. I can't find evidence that conservation of momentum is any different at relativistic speeds. I'm looking at a paper on momentum at relativistic speeds, but it doesn't seem to ignore conservation of momentum.

So the calc being rejected seems baseless.

Edit: If we really wanted to go all in, we could get Saitama's mass at 90% Sol, but that seems kind of insane, especially with my above point about OPM and general relativity.

Okay, so there is a way to calculate momentum for an object moving at relativistic speeds, and using that equation, I found Boros would be moving at exactly 1c. I'll have it posted in a sec.

Considering we've finally settled on Boros' new rating since most people have rejected Orochi scaling to Boros. I think I can close this thread?

Considering we've finally settled on Boros' new rating since most people have rejected Orochi scaling to Boros. I think I can close this thread?
I guess this thread can be closed, however I don't agree with Armored Boros scaling to the ship's durability. It doesn't make any sense, just because he wasn't afraid of Saitama breaking the door.

The door must not be stronger than the bottom of the ship, which has been damaged by 6-C attacks.

I guess this thread can be closed, however I don't agree with Armored Boros scaling to the ship's durability. It doesn't make any sense, just because he wasn't afraid of Saitama breaking the door.

The door must not be stronger than the bottom of the ship, which has been damaged by 6-C attacks.
I prefer if you simply make a new thread for that because that topic had a lot of discussion in it, and this thread has gone in for too long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back