• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's also worth mentioning, Saitama evolves as a character through the series, what he is interested in and what he was interested in in BoS can be different and his mindset on fighting monsters, even powerful ones, can be different, especially since he's generally pretty damn peeved in MA due to the destruction of his house. Plus, after his discussion with King, his mindset on what it means to be a hero might have changed a little. So "he had this reaction with Boros but not with Orochi" doesn't really hold up

In this case RB should be downgraded to 6-A, MB to 6-A+, High 6-A with CRSC.

Later I will do a CRSC recalculation, but I need help to find the dusting values for certain substances.

Saitama saw Garou's performance against SC. He was obviously talking about his power, not just his physical looks.
He also thought Carnage Cabuto looked strong. His first impressions before a fight are usually wrong or overestimations.
I think the main issue with the pro-scaling arguments is that they don’t take Saitama’s general disinterest into account. Long after his fight with Boros Saitama had completely given up on the prospect of finding someone that could give him a good fight (whereas earlier in the series he took genuine interest in enemies that seemingly showed promise), so there’d be no reason for him to take interest in Orochi’s strength.

IMG_4798.jpg

IMG_4797.jpg

Saitama wouldn’t take note of someone being stronger than Boros because he literally doesn’t care at this point, they still wouldn’t be strong enough to provide a challenge. It was actually made fairly clear by Saitama’s Pre-Redraw Orochi fight that at this point he views all opponents the same way: they’re nothing to him.
IMG_4802.jpg
You took a quote from the beginning of the series to show how he feels now. If anything, that would lend more credit to the scaling, as he took genuine interest in Boros, even after he said he lost basic emotions and nothing challenged him, but none in Orochi. He even calls Boros almost a real fight, and given the context, (Him being on the Moon with nobody to hear him, Boros shocking him with his speed, and just being kicked to the Moon), it is more reasonable to take that quote at face value, while he calls Orochi a child, which can also be taken at face value, as throughout the entire fight, he never really viewed Orochi as anything unique or interesting, and ended him with a normal punch.

He says he feels the way he does because he kills everything in one punch, and nobody is even close to as strong as he is. Someone being at or above Boros' level would surely give him more hope, or elicit some kind of response.

Also, while he says Boros is the strongest opponent he's ever faced to Genos before fighting Orochi, after fighting Orochi, he makes no claims about Orochi being the strongest person he's faced or even one of the strongest people he's ever faced. If they were in the same ballpark, it would at least get a mention or a thought bubble, instead, Orochi is just "kind of strong", and "Just strong enough", as opposed to "very strong", "strong", "really strong", "the strongest person I've ever fought", or "almost a real fight", which can't really be discredited given the circumstances in which each one was said.

The overwhelming amount of evidence that supports Boros > Orochi can only be circumvented if in direct contradiction with Ocham's razor, and if quotes are taken out of context, or have their context altered to fit the purpose of this CRT.

As such, I disagree with the CRT, Boros should scale above Orochi.

Scaling Boros to Saitama is incorrect.

Boros is factually not strong compared to Saitama and is easily defeated in one casual punch. Just that he was so much stronger than anyone else he fought that he didn't die to a standard punch. By saying Boros is strong to Saitama you are limiting his strength, and saying he can't be that much stronger than Boros since he's almost a real fight.

Saitama called being kicked to the moon as something like a fight. Since it was exciting, not because he was close to taking damage. If Boros was actually close to challenge Saitama in anyway he'd actually be excited to fight someone else. Since someone stronger may actually be a real fight.

But no, Boros was not almost a real fight he was a joke compared to Saitama that he treated seriously. That is all.

Orochi and Boros had far different context and no one has properly explained it away. Saitama saying Boros is strong has no relevance on Orochi, who he saw as noisy child because that is what Boros would be to him in the same situation. Saitama didn't even know he was in the monster association base, where the Monster King is suppose to be.

He was there to complain about the noise.

While he approached Boros because he made have been apart of a prophecy that implied the destruction of the planet. And was an alien as well, the first time Saitama had faced one before. In order to reject this, you must provide evidence and 100% proof that Saitama would find another Boros level opponent impressive.

By scaling Boros above Orochi this way. You are also saying that Saitama can't defeat Boros the same way he defeated Orochi, which is incorrect. If Saitama didn't care he'd just smack Boros around like a toddler. He is nothing compared to him and wasn't almost a real fight.

Boros is not strong. He was not almost a real fight. Saitama is so vastly superior to Boros that he could without a doubt treat him the same way. Only reason he took Boros more seriously is because of the context he had when going into that fight. Saitama isn't meant to be a gauge of power in anyway.

Nothing here has convinced me otherwise, until new information comes out Boros has zero reason to scale to Orochi.

But now he has a standard for what should be strong. He finally met someone that was genuinely strong to him, so I see no reason why he would settle for anything lower.
#1 That would help scale Boros > Orochi as it means Orochi doesn't meet his standard for strong.
#2 Yeah he saw him split SC in half and one shot him just like Saitama did to EOW. That might give the impression that Garou is strong, that along with outpasing FF who is kind of fast, he has every reason to think Garou is strong, and that kind of statement would only have a little bit of wiggle room if Saitama didn't say "seemed pretty cool looking and tough". The quote shows Saitama still isn't 100% sure about Garou's power.
#3 And? Arguing that this would make the scaling chain Boros > AlienWar PC Garou > Orochi doesn't change anything. It's pretty much a Reductio ad Absurdum argument. Saying this would lead to Garou being > Orochi and we all view Garou < Orochi doesn't invalidate much of anything. It just means we may also be wrong about Garou being weaker than Orochi. Regardless, even if we're wrong or right on that, it has no real connection to the CRT if I'm not mistaken.

Honestly, "this is looking like a real fight" could just mean that Saitama was jobbing to give Boros a thrill, which Boros kinda points out by the end.

Scaling Boros to Saitama is incorrect.

Boros is factually not strong compared to Saitama and is easily defeated in one casual punch. Just that he was so much stronger than anyone else he fought that he didn't die to a standard punch. By saying Boros is strong to Saitama you are limiting his strength, and saying he can't be that much stronger than Boros since he's almost a real fight.

Saitama called being kicked to the moon as something like a fight. Since it was exciting, not because he was close to taking damage. If Boros was actually close to challenge Saitama in anyway he'd actually be excited to fight someone else. Since someone stronger may actually be a real fight.

But no, Boros was not almost a real fight he was a joke compared to Saitama that he treated seriously. That is all.
I provided real quotes where Saitama says Boros is very strong, strong and almost a real fight (With nobody around to hear him), and your argument is "well nobody is close to Saitama, Saitama views everyone as a joke, and Boros isn't even close to Saitama. Nothing here has changed my opinion". Do you know how little that kind of argument does in swaying opinions or proving something.

"If Boros was actually close to challenge Saitama in any way he'd actually be excited to fight someone else. Since someone stronger may actually be a real fight."
Yeah, he would be excited to fight someone above that level, assuming that Orochi was on or above Boros' level... you literally just made a great argument for Boros being above Orochi, as Saitama didn't even remotely care about fighting Orochi which would make 0 sense if Orochi was stronger or even comparable.

Honestly, "this is looking like a real fight" could just mean that Saitama was jobbing to give Boros a thrill, which Boros kinda points out by the end.
He says almost a real fight to himself in space. He has nobody to please or flatter. It's pretty clearly an example of what he thinks about the situation.

You took a quote from the beginning of the series to show how he feels now.
Rusty kinda ninja’d me a couple messages ago and you’re kinda just repeating the same arguments now, but I wanna point out those quotes I cited are from Chapter 77, not the beginning of the series. In that chapter Saitama confirms he’s never felt anything in any of his fights, much less interest or excitement, so that’s contradictory to the notion that he holds Boros’ strength in high regard.

He says almost a real fight to himself in space. He has nobody to please or flatter. It's pretty clearly an example of what he thinks about the situation.
Yes, and what he's thinking is "I've been acting pretty well, he thinks this is a real fight", that's what "this is almost a real fight" means. He's not even close to struggling in any way, that very fact is disproven that when Boros busts out an attack far more powerful than anything he'd done before, Saitama still slaps it away with a casual punch.

Also, let's be real, Boros isn't gonna be the strongest monster in the manga, right? In like thirty years or whatever when God and Saitama throw hands, you'd have to assume Boros upscales above God if Saitama doesn't point out that it's "almost a real fight" or something of the sort, which is silly. Like even if we go with these assumptions now, they're super short-sighted and ain't gonna hold up in the future.

Last edited:
Yes, and what he's thinking is "I've been acting pretty well, he thinks this is a real fight", that's what "this is almost a real fight" means. He's not even close to struggling in any way, that very fact is disproven that when Boros busts out an attack far more powerful than anything he'd done before, Saitama still slaps it away with a casual punch.
Where is this shown or even implied? He thinks that jerk kicked me to the moon, and that it's almost a real fight. This is literally pulling fanfiction out of thin air.
Also, let's be real, Boros isn't gonna be the strongest monster in the manga, right? In like thirty years or whatever when God and Saitama throw hands, you'd have to assume Boros upscales above God if Saitama doesn't point out that it's "almost a real fight" or something of the sort, which is silly. Like even if we go with these assumptions now, they're super short-sighted and ain't gonna hold up in the future.
This is another argument from absurdity. God hasn't even done anything yet, we have no idea how strong he is. Boros and his relation to God based on an encounter that hasn't happened. If Saitama treated God like an absolute joke and bodied him in the same way he oblitorated Orochi, then Boros should scale above him. If he doesn't treat him like a joke and respects him, and his feats are above Boros, then God will scale above Boros. This doesn't mean much.

Rusty kinda ninja’d me a couple messages ago and you’re kinda just repeating the same arguments now, but I wanna point out those quotes I cited are from Chapter 77, not the beginning of the series. In that chapter Saitama confirms he’s never felt anything in any of his fights, much less interest or excitement, so that’s contradictory to the notion that he holds Boros’ strength in high regard.
Oh, I miss identifying the chapter, as he says something very similar early on in the series.
Well I mean the same dissproven counter arguments are being repeated even though they are headcanon and don't make sense.

Can you upload the chapter where Saitama calls Orochi a "bath monster" and thinks about his parents?

Where is this shown or even implied? He thinks that jerk kicked me to the moon, and that it's almost a real fight. This is literally pulling fanfiction out of thin air.
Bro, Boros literally points it out that Saitama was hella holding back, it's a pretty damn viable interpretation, especially with Saitama denying that he's ever had anything resembling a battle after this which denies the other possible one.

Haha, the Metal Bat, under the influence of resonance, hits and stomps Boros. Are you really afraid of this?

Bro, Boros literally points it out that Saitama was hella holding back, it's a pretty damn viable interpretation, especially with Saitama denying that he's ever had anything resembling a battle after this which denies the other possible one.
Remember what is close in terms of power is usually very large. For example, his normal punch is 6A, while his serious punch which is only slightly more powerful in his eyes, and not a real serious move, is like 41 Exatons, or 5C, so almost a real fight can be pretty far off from his actual strength.

Even if we took the quote your way, that still means Boros was strong enough in Saitama's eyes to warrant that respect in Saitama's eyes, while Orochi was not.

Remember what is close in terms of power is usually very large. For example, his normal punch is 6A, while his serious punch which is only slightly more powerful in his eyes, and not a real serious move, is like 41 Exatons, or 5C, so almost a real fight can be pretty far off from his actual strength.
"Serious punch" is literally just Saitama throwing out a punch with halfway decent posture instead of just tapping whatever's in front of him, it's not an indication of anything, why would that even be related to a fight being almost real or not
Even if we took the quote your way, that still means Boros was strong enough in Saitama's eyes to warrant that respect in Saitama's eyes, while Orochi was not.
Again, Saitama's mood differs greatly between the two encounters with Saitama being way angrier and less likely to take bullshit after the destruction of his house by the MA, and Boros' own backstory would probably relate to him a lot more than Orochi's, there's way more factors coming into play than "dude 2 strong but dude 0 think he not strong so dude 1 stronger"

It's not even Saitama's mood, but the fact that Boros started the fight with a weak form and ended with the strongest attack, and Orochi started with his strongest attack

Just imagine if Boros used CRCS from the start. There would be no statements about "you are strong".

It's not even Saitama's mood, but the fact that Boros started the fight with a weak form and ended with the strongest attack, and Orochi started with his strongest attack

Just imagine if Boros used CRCS from the start. There would be no statements about "you are strong".
Yeah there would. Saitama even says he's suprised Boros is concious and is really strong after CSRC...
"Serious punch" is literally just Saitama throwing out a punch with halfway decent posture instead of just tapping whatever's in front of him, it's not an indication of anything, why would that even be related to a fight being almost real or not
That is my entire point. A small difference in Saitama's eyes is actually ginormous.
Again, Saitama's mood differs greatly between the two encounters with Saitama being way angrier and less likely to take bullshit after the destruction of his house by the MA, and Boros' own backstory would probably relate to him a lot more than Orochi's, there's way more factors coming into play than "dude 2 strong but dude 0 think he not strong so dude 1 stronger"
There really aren't that many factors, you guys are adding more in. Saitama still wants a strong opponent, even saying a strong opponent will help him blow off steam, and yet Orochi is stated to be "kind of strong" and helps only a little bit. While Boros was very strong.

It's more dude 0 can kill dude 1 and 2 in one punch, and calls dude 1 strong multiple times, while saying 2 is only kind of strong.

Yeah there would. Saitama even says he's suprised Boros is concious and is really strong after CSRC...

That is my entire point. A small difference in Saitama's eyes is actually ginormous.

There really aren't that many factors, you guys are adding more in. Saitama still wants a strong opponent, even saying a strong opponent will help him blow off steam, and yet Orochi is stated to be "kind of strong" and helps only a little bit. While Boros was very strong.

It's more dude 0 can kill dude 1 and 2 in one punch, and calls dude 1 strong multiple times, while saying 2 is only kind of strong.
When did he call him a little strong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back