• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Scaling Boros to Orochi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but people tossed that aside…so I was wondering why they deemed it invalid.
Murata’s statement was in reference to pre-redraw Orochi. Post-redraw Orochi’s threat level is currently unknown.

There was some other reasoning too, but I don’t remember what it was.

Cara, você não pode simplesmente dizer "eu prefiro esse cálculo porque dá resultados que acho mais favoráveis". Isso é apenas preconceito.
Oh, but I stated that this calculation was better because it was cohesive with the narrative of the manga... The math of the calculation supports it, so I think this calculation is better.

Anyway, cyro already mentioned the problem of the other calculus, so there is no need for me to talk about it. Would be redundant

They're saying Saitama didn't vaporize all that mass, that mass is still on the ship and as such its weight should still be the same as before.

I believe that is what they're saying. Don't call me out if I'm wrong.

Note: I do not have the authority to evaluate calcs any more than other non calc group member can.

They're saying Saitama didn't vaporize all that mass, that mass is still on the ship and as such its weight should still be the same as before.

I believe that is what they're saying. Don't call me out if I'm wrong.

Note: I do not have the authority to evaluate calcs any more than other non calc group member can.
Interesting. Well think of mine as a low end and the other as a high end.

Wait a second, if the matter in the ship gets vapourised or broken down into rubble or whatever, regardless of whether it's in the ship or not, why wouldn't the mass change in comparison to when that matter was solid?

If the insides of an apple was liquid then wouldn't it be lower in mass than the insides of a normal apple even if they have the same matter inside them?

If the insides of an apple was liquid then wouldn't it be lower in mass than the insides of a normal apple even if they have the same matter inside them?
No?
"Wouldn't it lower in mass even though there is the same amount of mass inside it, only in a different state?"

That's what you asked. That's obviously not how reality works, the density wouldn't change too much, but it would be forced the share the same space as the solid apple, with the same amount of matter and components that it had before.

Wait a second, if the matter in the ship gets vapourised or broken down into rubble or whatever, regardless of whether it's in the ship or not, why wouldn't the mass change in comparison to when that matter was solid?

Unless the matter was outright removed from existence it would still be there and unless Saitama launched it all the way outside of the ship it would still be in the ship and contribute to its total mass regardless of its form. I guess you could make the argument that vapor would eventually escape through whatever gaps there are into the outside atmosphere but it would have to cover a considerable distance for that and that is assuming that there are gaps that would lead into the outside atmosphere in the first place which in the spaceship should usually not be the case though Saitama, Boros and Tatsumaki did deal some damage to the outer hull.

That would depend on the liquid. If it is the inside of an apple that got somehow liquified, then I don't think that it would have suddenly reduced in mass unless mass was extracted out of the apple or got erased from existence. It is still the same mass but in a different form after all. Being turned into liquid wouldn't change the total weight or mass. Anything else would go against the law of conversation of energy and the law of conversation of mass.

Last edited:
No?
"Wouldn't it lower in mass even though there is the same amount of mass inside it, only in a different state?"

That's what you asked. That's obviously not how reality works, the density wouldn't change too much, but it would be forced the share the same space as the solid apple, with the same amount of matter and components that it had before.
Before you bring up Ice.
It's density is slightly lower because in ice, the molecules arrange themselves in a rigid tetrahedral structure due to which cage like spaces remain in their bonding but water molecules remain in linear bonding form. As the volume of ice becomes greater, it is less denser.
Meaning if you melt the ice, there will be less of a volume of water, and vice versa.
That's why if you freeze a large body of water in a glass container, the ice will break through the glass because the volume actually extends.

I agree with Rusty, Mav, and Damage's reason tho wtf happened? page 2 is kinda just repeating the arguments
Well that's because all of the arguments made against the scaling are assumptions/headcanon, so it kind of went on repeat. Regardless, we have a High 6A 7 Exaton calc for Boros' ships impact energy which is already accepted, and far greater than Orochi's 5 Exaton Gai Canon Calc

Constantly saying all the arguments are headcanon is not helpful in any way.

Also Orochi’s calc is not for the Gaia Cannon, it’s for him pulling energy from the Earth, stop saying it’s for the Gaia Cannon smh

Constantly saying all the arguments are headcanon is not helpful in any way.

Also Orochi’s calc is not for the Gaia Cannon, it’s for him pulling energy from the Earth, stop saying it’s for the Gaia Cannon smh
I didn't mean that that was Gaia Canon's AP, I just meant the calc related to that attack.

Edit: When multiple direct quotes have their context altered with a "well he could mean x instead" argument, it's usually an indicator that the arguments being made are headcanon.

Edit: When multiple direct quotes have their context altered with a "well he could mean x instead" argument, it's usually an indicator that the arguments being made are headcanon.
And those have been addressed already, constantly bringing them back up is kinda annoying

As I literally just said: those arguments have already been addressed, you bringing them up again doesn’t help the discussion.
If all arguments are headcanon, and they have been addressed, then why are people still voting in agreement with the CRT. There's not much of an objective basis to do so on.

But the arguments used against the scale are based on a subjective/personal interpretation of how Saitama would act upon encountering an enemy of the same level as Boros, but this is just an assumption and none of this can be proven. Saying that "Saitama would have no reason to praise an enemy of the same level as Boros" is not a fact, it's a headcanon

The only fact is that all the evidence the manga gives us puts Boros being superior to Orochi, not the other way around. The only thing in Orochi's favor is that his feats are mathematically superior, but as the Boros Ship already has a recalculation of 7 Exatons, so this has already been resolved.

If all arguments are headcanon, and they have been addressed, then why are people still voting in agreement with the CRT. There's not much of an objective basis to do so on.
Calling your opposition’s arguments “headcanon” doesn’t mean anything, you’re essentially saying “I’m right and you’re wrong” in an opinionated manner.

If your arguments were 100% factually correct this wouldn’t have been a debate.

Calling your opposition’s arguments “headcanon” doesn’t mean anything, you’re essentially saying “I’m right and you’re wrong” in an opinionated manner.

If your arguments were 100% factually correct this wouldn’t have been a debate.
There are people that argue the Earth was made 2000 years ago. All arguments against such a ting are 100% logical, yet these people still exist.

Also, I'm right now generalizing it, but I directly addressed said headcanon during the prior 2 pages of debate. They were ignored, or responded to by saying the exact same thing I had just disproved. I'm not saying "I'm right you're wrong", I'm saying your arguments make subjective assumptions with no logical basis, and then telling you why. You choosing to ignore it is no fallacy or fault. of my own.

There are people that argue the Earth was made 2000 years ago. All arguments against such a ting are 100% logical, yet these people still exist.
Which isn’t a remotely similar topic to the subjective interpretations of a fictional work.
Also, I'm right now generalizing it, but I directly addressed said headcanon during the prior 2 pages of debate. They were ignored, or responded to by saying the exact same thing I had just disproved. I'm not saying "I'm right you're wrong", I'm saying your arguments make subjective assumptions with no logical basis, and then telling you why. You choosing to ignore it is no fallacy or fault. of my own.
This is just a more verbose way of saying "I'm right you're wrong".

I can also proclaim my arguments are objective indisputable fact but that wouldn’t mean shit.

Which isn’t a remotely similar topic to the subjective interpretations of a fictional work.
I'm simply saying that just because not everyone is convinced does not mean that my arguments, or your arguments, or anyone elses are wrong.
This is just a more verbose way of saying "I'm right you're wrong".

I can also proclaim my arguments are objective indisputable fact but that wouldn’t mean shit.
Sigh, I was saying if you read my earlier comments I already directly countered each and every argument that seemed to be headcanon or unfair presumptions.
I never proclaimed my arguments are indisputible, I simply said that my arguments were based on a straight forward reading of what the Manga tells us, while the other arguments were interpretations of those statements that had very little standing.

And before you say the same thing again, that "I'm just saying I'm right", go check out page 1 and 2. I respond to everything there, I just simply have absolutely 0 reasons to copy them all just to be drowned out again.

Regardless, we have a calc 2 Exatons greater than Orochi's calc, so the current scaling is supported by our calcs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back