• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs palpatine (EU)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I don't know if this has been done before so I thought I'd post it.

Victory by any means.

No preperation.

Takes place in snowdin forest.

Speed equalized.

Both are in character but willing to kill.

Sans 3
Your gonna have a bad time.

Palpatine youth
Your feeble skills are no match for the power of the Dark Side

vs.

Definitely sans. Palpatine has killed many, many, people, possibly even more than Chara, so KR would get him extremely quickly. Additionally, sans would be able to dodge all of Palpatine's attacks, as he is a lot faster. Or did you just forget to equalize speed? Either way, I'm going with sans.

Edit: Palpatine's page says he's 5a at most. Sans is unknown, but he has canonically killed Chara, who is rated at 2b, several times, so he's several full tiers above Palpatine's level. He couldn't lose if he tried.

To be honest sans gaster blasters are by default ftl and sidious has only ftl preco with relativistic reactions meaning sans might kill sidious very quickly (like in 1 minute). Star Wars doesn't get ftl reaction until we get to end of series Luke who is ftl+ and can dodge sans attacks further augmented by his preco by a unknown amount.

The reason speed wasn't equalized is because at the time I made this they were both considered massively hypersonic at best. Speed is now equalized.

Palpatine. Arguably more intelligent, superior stamina has undodgeable hax such as mindhax and subatomic. Energy absorption and reflection counters the gasterblasters, his monstrous TK counters the bones, and precog means he won't fawk around.

Gaster blaster are default ftl meaning speed equalization don't do anything. Palpatine is only ftl via preco with relatvisic reaction meaning he can see the attack coming but he might not be able to move out of the way because his reaction are lower (I maybe wrong not a expert on preco).

Huesito88 said:
Gaster blaster are default ftl meaning speed equalization don't do anything. Palpatine is only ftl via preco with relatvisic reaction meaning he can see the attack coming but he might not be able to move out of the way because his reaction are lower (I maybe wrong not a expert on preco).
1) everything is equalized in speed. Also Gasteeblasters are only lightspeed, not FTL. Palpatines Rel+ stat comes from people he could blitz really hard so he's quite possibly FTL Z himself.

2) Palpatine has lightspeed reactions augmented by precog. His movement speed is high End relativistic+

3) Palpatine still can absorb, redirect or reflect Sans' lasers. Bones accomplish nothing due to Palpatines TK barriers and the act that he could just throw the bones back at Sans.

4) how will Sans counter what I mentioned?

Iron Kirby said:
Don't count the votes every comment if there's no added vote to count. Makes the thread too long
Sorry i accidentally counted huesito's vote twice which is why I changed it in my next comment.

I'm pretty sure palpatine could dodge cause Palpatine has the ability to teleport apprently he also has enhanced senses even though speed is equalized here I think Palpatine can eventully get in there and blitz Sans with his Lightsaber

Also Sidious has precog, he won't be getting hit by surprise. I legit don't see Sans hitting him first (also consider that anything Sidious hits Sans with, he's dead.So it's probably who oneshots who first. Take a look at each other's tools for that. Sidious has MASSIVE advantage).

If speed is equalized how would he blitz Sans?

Also Sans have teleportation too and simply "enhanced senses" don't mean anything unless you show which sense is enhanced

Sidious should be more skilled as a fighter, has precog to see whatever Sans is going to throw at him, can arguably redirect Gaster Blasters and bones back at Sans, has telekinesis as well with the force to at least cancel Sans own blue mode against him and so on.

No matter how I look at it, I honestly can't see Sans taking this.

Also the entire reply Laciel made in that thread is pointing out that there are problems with Equalizing Speed, but without equalizing it, most matches couldn't even happen.

If we go "Gaster Blasters are still faster than Palpatine despite equalization", would we also say that Goku's Kamehameha is MFTL+ in a speed equalized match against say, a Subsonic character?

>> Palpatine has SoL reactions augmented by precog. Gaster Blasters are Sol.

>> "Gaster Blasters are faster than Palpatine, in this speed equalized match!"

I could make a snarky comment, but then people would think I'm being rude for no reason, so yeah.

Palpatine has Galactic Range, Galactic Mind Manipulation, illusions, sub-atomic matter Manipulation, can kill your soul, has precognition and near automatic reflexes with the Force..

This match is a stomp.

Monarch Laciel said:

Attack speed being equalised is stupid, because it means the opponent can literally just backpedal out of the range of any projectile attacks.

At the same time though, if you leave the attack speed at the lower value, and equalise speed to the higher value, you get people FTL stepping out of the way of subsonic bullets. If you do it the other way around, you get people who could normally dodge light getting offed by lightning. The second is preferable to the first though.

Also are people saying Gaster Blasters are Sol simply because it's a laser?

But yeah Sidius wins this easily

Read the whole reply... You quoted half of it and left out the most important part where Laciel says that WITHOUT said equalization, most matches can't happen.

And again, I'd argue that NOT equalizing attack speed is absurd seeing as how the faster character would obviously always win then, and it would beat the whole point of equalization.

It's like "yeah, we're the same speed on paper but my opponent has this number of attacks that go a million times faster than the speed we're fighting". What would be the point of equalization, then? I bring again MFTL+ Kamehameha in an Hypersonic match as an example.

Would the slower character actually aim dodge something that goes at MFTL+ speeds despite being equalized? That's like saying i can aimdodge a gattling gun, only worse.

Except the nature of a Kamehameha (even ignoring that one is KI and the other is bullets) is not comparable to a gatling gun, and in fact you could aimdodge the bullets of a gatling gun wielded by someone of identical speed simply by getting out of the way of the attack's vector as fast as the user can move the gun to aim at you. Or pull up a shield or something.

Attack speed being unequal does not lead to a blitz. At the very most it would lead to an attack being difficult to dodge or block, but it would still be possible, because the person using that attack is only capable of activating their attack at their equalised combat speed, even if the attack itself moves much faster.

@Huesito, just because the Gaster blasts look like beams of light doesn't mean they are light. And if they were light, that would certainly not make them FTL

As for my opinion on the match...

Normally I love to hop on the "Sans cheap shots with 2-B soul damage one shots" bandwagon, but in this case, Palpatine casually mind screws him to death before sans ever gets close enough to attack. Throw in precog, teleportation and telekinesis to casually dodge or deflect bone attacks and gaster blasters, and Sidious takes this pretty easily

Tghy71 said:
Definitely sans. Palpatine has killed many, many, people, possibly even more than Chara, so KR would get him extremely quickly. Additionally, sans would be able to dodge all of Palpatine's attacks, as he is a lot faster. Or did you just forget to equalize speed?
Either way, I'm going with sans.

Edit: Palpatine's page says he's 5a at most. Sans is unknown, but he has canonically killed Chara, who is rated at 2b, several times, so he's several full tiers above Palpatine's level. He couldn't lose if he tried.
Ermn..That kind of comparison cannot be made.It only shows that he ignored durability

Huesito88 said:
I am sure Gaster Blaster is just only light speed.Nevertheless though,it's already enough to kill Palpatine

Thing is that if I aim at you properly with a MFTL+ attack, you just can't dodge it. Sure, aimdodging is a possibility. But there is a big difference between "I have to react to their beam or i'll be hit" and "If they point their hand/weapon/whatever at me, i'll be hit".

Anyway, doesn't Sidious stomp badly?

Monarch Laciel said:
Except the nature of a Kamehameha (even ignoring that one is KI and the other is bullets) is not comparable to a gatling gun, and in fact you could aimdodge the bullets of a gatling gun wielded by someone of identical speed simply by getting out of the way of the attack's vector as fast as the user can move the gun to aim at you. Or pull up a shield or something.
Attack speed being unequal does not lead to a blitz.
I really, really, deeply disagree with these points, but I have one horrible headache atm so I can't make an extensive reply so i'll try to make it as short as possible.

1. If character A aims at B with something that's way faster than B can move out of its way, no way B is escaping. EVER. A has the same speed as B, meaning they will lock on. But B won't ever be able to escape or aim dodge the attack because even knowing where it would come from, said attack covers the distance between its origin and its target hitting B way faster than B can ever hope to get out of its way. And that's not even taking AoE attacks into account.

2. Yes, it does. If one character has attacks going at Sonic speed and the other has attacks going at, say, MHS, the Sonic one will be doing one attack and getting hit a bajillion times for each attack they make.

Teleportation, precognition, forcefields, etc are all ways that could be used to stop or dodge and bullet, or beam of light, or whatever that is faster than their normal combat speed.

And you seem to be assuming that if attack speed is higher, then their attack will always be the one to come first. You are incorrect. If combat speed is equalised, both have the ability to get their attack off, and it is entirely possible that the one with the slower attack speed will activate their attack first if their preparatory motions are shorter than the person with the higher attack speed.

For example. Sans vs current Goku. Just to make sure, I am not saying who would win and I don't want to get into that argument. This is just an example. Goku has to move his hands to do ki blasts or kamehamehas. But Sans just has to think to summon a bunch of bones from below where Goku is standing. Even if combat speed is equalised, when one needs to pull their hands back to use their MFTL+ attack, and the other just needs to think, the thinker's attack is the one that is going to activate first.

Sans can also be force choked to death

does force choking have a certain range?

Outside of that he isn't surviving a lightsaber palpatine wins... nuff said

They won't be able to use any of that if the attack is coming way faster than they can even process a thought. If someone of equal speed threw a beam of light at us, would we actually have time to do anything about it? We wouldn't be able to dodge light because we can't even see it coming before it has long hit us.

Not equalizing Attack Speeds beats the whole purpose of equalization.

And I didn't make that assumption, it's actually common sense. Two fighters, both at the same speeds. Whoever, one of them has attacks going so much faster than his opponent that by the time his brain can process a reaction, he has been hit like ten or a hundred times already.

Of course if it were one very long attack needing prep, they would take some time to do it, but who would need to when 90% of their attacks are basically granted to hit? Even if the much faster attacks came out later because of the user, they would still hit their intended target a million times over before their much slower attack actually did anything.

Sometimes we deal with gigantic gaps in speed. No matter how you break it, someone with the lower attack speed would get utterlly blitzed.

One way or another, this thread is a stomp and this discussion is derailment.

If you want to continue, you can leave the message on my wall, since otherwise we'll keep derailing the thread. Gotta go for today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back