• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DARK LORDS FACE OFF (Palpatine vs Voldemort)

is This OOC for palpatine to do against volde though Reaper?

210.gif

If he doesn't then well what are his Wincons ?
Precoging where Voldy goes if he teleports at all and blasting him with Force Lightning or any other ranged force power. Not my circus not my monkeys otherwise, he could also knock out Voldy with a force choke or by groping his brain with the force, for instance.

WHAT?!! He used it against Yoda and Mace, who are massive threats to his plan.
Notice how, against Yoda, he was trying his DAMDEST to get away to use force powers, and when Yoda got to him, he just unleashed his force lightning instead of trying to lightsaber fight him? Yeah, Palpatine didn't want to lightsaber fight Yoda and took literally every chance he could to get away and range spam.

And Mace was a case of good ol' overconfidence(Or needing Mace to put him on the ground for Anakin to turn fully), Palpatine wasn't really serious there, cause ya see, a serious Palpatine spams the **** out of his Force powers, when Maul pressured him even a little bit he dropped lightsaber combat and proceeded to go for force powers, against the damn Rylek Hive(Or whatever creature) that attacked him he didn't even bother with his lightsaber, when a few hundred storm troopers were marched against him he used force lightning to dispatch them, against Luke all he ******* did was force lightning, when Vader hit him with the force he hit back with the force, so on and so forth.

Palpy spams force powers.

Notice how, against Yoda, he was trying his DAMDEST to get away to use force powers, and when Yoda got to him, he just unleashed his force lightning instead of trying to lightsaber fight him? Yeah, Palpatine didn't want to lightsaber fight Yoda and took literally every chance he could to get away and range spam.

And Mace was a case of good ol' overconfidence(Or needing Mace to put him on the ground for Anakin to turn fully), Palpatine wasn't really serious there, cause ya see, a serious Palpatine spams the **** out of his Force powers, when Maul pressured him even a little bit he dropped lightsaber combat and proceeded to go for force powers, against the damn Rylek Hive(Or whatever creature) that attacked him he didn't even bother with his lightsaber, when a few hundred storm troopers were marched against him he used force lightning to dispatch them, against Luke all he ******* did was force lightning, when Vader hit him with the force he hit back with the force, so on and so forth.

Palpy spams force powers.
Still precogs and blasts the crap of Voldy with force power

Still precogs and blasts the crap of Voldy with force power
Yeah. Whether it be TK, Force Push, Force Crush, Force Choke, or the all important Force lightning, it doesn't take long for Voldemort's physical form to go down, but, like I said, not my circus not my monkeys otherwise

Know grace ended, but I just want to cast my vote for Palpatine as well. I believe his higher AP and the fact that he spams force lightning plays a big factor. Voldemort is only 9-B physically, so he'd have to play very carefully and be sure to dodge or block every force lightning. If Palpatine decides to engage in lightsaber combat, Voldemort's really got no defense. Voldemort's got more variety with his powers, sure, and if his physical stats were 8-A too, it'd be a different story, but here that weakness is just too glaring for me to ignore.

Know grace ended, but I just want to cast my vote for Palpatine as well. I believe his higher AP and the fact that he spams force lightning plays a big factor. Voldemort is only 9-B physically, so he'd have to play very carefully and be sure to dodge or block every force lightning. If Palpatine decides to engage in lightsaber combat, Voldemort's really got no defense. Voldemort's got more variety with his powers, sure, and if his physical stats were 8-A too, it'd be a different story, but here that weakness is just too glaring for me to ignore.
counted

Although I'm not sure if ligthsaber combat is really helpful when Voldemort is gonna spam Tp.

Ahem. Voldemort has combat teleportation (remember the battle against Harry), mind reading and possession (he is the most powerful legilement in the verse), flying at hypersonic speed, non-wand magic, spells without projectile (transfiguration and charms) in fact, a lot more (not only horcruxes and existence in a spiritual and mental form). I just don't know how Palpatine could have done any damage to him at all. He can try to approach Vold at close range to start hitting with lightsabers, but he is too slow to do this against Tom, who can mentally teleport and, come on, Riddle will just fly constantly in the air and bombard Sidious Awad with a Kedavra (which can destroy souls).

1. Sidious' mind hax should be much higher than Voldemort iirc. The scaling chain to my knowledge appears roughly like this:

Sidious > Entity > Vader > Luke
It seems like Anakin is the strongest in verse, isn't it?
It isn't out of the question that Sidious could mind hax Voldemort instead.

2. Importantly, Sidious' precognition will be extremely useful in dodging Voldemort's spells, particularly his Killing Curse.
However, Voldemort has top-level mind reading.
3. Sidious has hilariously greater telekinetic power, it's not even close. Class M vs Class 10 at best. Nothing's really stopping him from just ragdolling Voldemort.
Wizards have a spell that deflects or blocks attacks :unsure:
4. Sidious also has higher AP, being comparable to Darth Vader who's about 490 tons, as compared to Voldemort who seems to upscale a bit only from 160 tons.
AP won't help against magic
The biggest question is if Sidious can get past Voldemort's type 8 immortality. Based on some of Voldemort's previous vs threads, it seems this immortality isn't combat applicable anyway.
A controversial point, yes, but without his corporeal shell, Tom can exist in a sub-spiritual and inhabit living beings

Ahem. Voldemort has combat teleportation (remember the battle against Harry), mind reading and possession (he is the most powerful legilement in the verse), flying at hypersonic speed, non-wand magic, spells without projectile (transfiguration and charms) in fact, a lot more (not only horcruxes and existence in a spiritual and mental form). I just don't know how Palpatine could have done any damage to him at all. He can try to approach Vold at close range to start hitting with lightsabers, but he is too slow to do this against Tom, who can mentally teleport and, come on, Riddle will just fly constantly in the air and bombard Sidious Awad with a Kedavra (which can destroy souls).
This thread is old bruh. Also all your arguments fall apart easily.

Voldy's teleportation sure is helpful but Palps easily predicts his movements via precognition. Mind reading and possession wont work when Sidious also does that shit. How is flying at hypersonic speed gonna help when uhh....speed is equalize. If I didn't do that, Palps would blitzing Voldemort with that MHS scaling.

Wdym by
spiritual and mental form
?

Palps also has a spirit form. Horcuxes wont be relevant since they dont revive Voldemort mid figth since it took 14 years to do that lmao.

Why would Palpatine need to get close when....he just force chokes or blast lightning? Sure he could fly, only he Palps doesnt slam his face to the ground. Killing curse gets blocked by ligthsaber

A controversial point, yes, but without his corporeal shell, Tom can exist in a sub-spiritual and inhabit living beings
1. Yes Anakin is the strongest at his peak. But Palpatine upscales from Vader and Luke's mindhax which surpass what we see in HP
2. Not layered
3. Not when his opponent is has higher AP and LS than him
4. Huh? You do realize Voldemort gets utterly oneshotted here?
5. Cant figth in that form and takes him a long ass time to get back.

Should repeat myself then.
OOC, or, should I say, he's never done it. He has apsolutely ragdolled a bitch bitches with the force before, but he's never pretzeled them, Obi Wan was the guy I recall doing that in canon and it was against commando droids, not living, breathing individuals
Palpatine did do it in canon, but it was against Stormtroopers, which... well yeah they aren't exactly wall level in general dura are they? But the heat is a very powerful boon.

Palpatine's Force Lightning can tag fighter ships from Ground to air and cause explosions and shit. I don't think Voldemort could have survived a hit from it anyway.
All right, a question.

When has Voldemort used Teleportation to dodge? He doesn't know getting hit by Palpatine is a death sentence multiple times over so...
Precoging where Voldy goes if he teleports at all and blasting him with Force Lightning or any other ranged force power. Not my circus not my monkeys otherwise, he could also knock out Voldy with a force choke or by groping his brain with the force, for instance.

Uh... full potential Anakin, yeah! Not ******' Vader lol
papa palps resists Telepathy. Also this means nothing when Palpatine can just reduce him to his constituent atoms before Volde hits him, even deflecting that pesky death manip via lightsaber if needed
Not gonna work against a smack to the dome stronger then anything Voldemort's ever felt.
Get invulnerability on the profiles and call me in the damn morning.
Even though he's never done this in-character

This thread is old bruh. Also all your arguments fall apart easily.

Voldy's teleportation sure is helpful but Palps easily predicts his movements via precognition. Mind reading and possession wont work when Sidious also does that shit. How is flying at hypersonic speed gonna help when uhh....speed is equalize. If I didn't do that, Palps would blitzing Voldemort with that MHS scaling.
What makes you think that mind reading won't work? Voldemort is cooler in this ability than Sidious (he > Dumbledore, who can break through mental defenses)
No one canceled the flight, but it is much more effective than regular walking
Wdym by

?

Palps also has a spirit form. Horcuxes wont be relevant since they dont revive Voldemort mid figth since it took 14 years to do that lmao.
I know, but nevertheless, Palpatine has not demonstrated how he can fight while in this form. I repeat, Tom can be reborn on his own.
Why would Palpatine need to get close when....he just force chokes or blast lightning? Sure he could fly, only he Palps doesnt slam his face to the ground. Killing curse gets blocked by ligthsaber
Well, Voldemort ignores his telekinesis with his shields or teleports away from his attack. Lightning strikes / reflects. Do you think that there is only Avada Kedavra in the verse?
1. Yes Anakin is the strongest at his peak. But Palpatine upscales from Vader and Luke's mindhax which surpass what we see in HP
2. Not layered
3. Not when his opponent is has higher AP and LS than him
4. Huh? You do realize Voldemort gets utterly oneshotted here?
5. Cant figth in that form and takes him a long ass time to get back.
1. Oh, are you talking about those planets and star clusters at Sidious and Luke?
2. Higher than Sidious's
3. You don't understand, it's Hax
4. I have already written above
5. He can inhabit Sidious and absorb his life force (he has already done this with his victims). As I have already written, he can be reborn himself and he does not need any help for this (he waited for so many years because he was creating an ideal body for himself against magic). And for the first time after "death" he moved into animals and people, quietly coexisting in their shell.

Uh... full potential Anakin, yeah! Not ******' Vader lol

papa palps resists Telepathy. Also this means nothing when Palpatine can just reduce him to his constituent atoms before Volde hits him, even deflecting that pesky death manip via lightsaber if needed
Tom is stronger than Dumbledore in legilimency, who was able to break through mental resistances. Will he make it in time, or will Vold turn him into a ferret?
Not gonna work against a smack to the dome stronger then anything Voldemort's ever felt.
It's Hax, no matter how hard you hit
Get invulnerability on the profiles and call me in the damn morning.
? I'm writing about magic, not physical characteristics.
Even though he's never done this in-character
What?

Tom is stronger than Dumbledore in legilimency, who was able to break through mental resistances. Will he make it in time, or will Vold turn him into a ferret?
Prove it.

Also prove that Volde will actually do this when he's never done this ever.
It's Hax, no matter how hard you hit

? I'm writing about magic, not physical characteristics
If it didn't matter, why does Voldemort have a statistic for his forcefields on his profile~?

Cry me a damn river if you want to continue to spout out No Limits Fallacies.
Out Of Character.

Prove it.
It is known that Morfin possessed occlumency.
A8gAMwAeYRE.jpg

“You think he is mistaken? Or that I have somehow hoodwinked
him? Fooled the Dark Lord, the greatest wizard, the most accom plished Legilimens the world has ever seen?”

Also prove that Volde will actually do this when he's never done this ever.
Oh, he did it throughout the fifth part, just look at the wiki.
If it didn't matter, why does Voldemort have a statistic for his forcefields on his profile~?
These are force fields, not defensive spells
Cry me a damn river if you want to continue to spout out No Limits Fallacies.
Why are you so aggressive? :unsure:

It is known that Morfin possessed occlumency.
A8gAMwAeYRE.jpg

“You think he is mistaken? Or that I have somehow hoodwinked
him? Fooled the Dark Lord, the greatest wizard, the most accom plished Legilimens the world has ever seen?"
That's not sufficient proof. Try again.
Oh, he did it throughout the fifth part, just look at the wiki.
I don't care about the wiki I want you to show me Volde here possessing someone who just reduced him to his constituent atoms right after he was killed.
These are force fields, not defensive spells
Doesn't matter, it is a No Limits Fallacy to spout that AP doesn't matter, prove that Voldemort has reflected something as strong or consistent as Palpatine's lightning.
Why are you so aggressive? :unsure:
When someone clearly didn't read the thread in the first place plus is committing fallacies repeatedly-- even after being called out on it, yeah, Nice Reaper won't stay for long.

That's not sufficient proof. Try again.
Well, Sidious doesn't even have that.
I don't care about the wiki I want you to show me Volde here possessing someone who just reduced him to his constituent atoms right after he was killed.
Can you show me how Palpa will feel when he is turned into a ferret?
Doesn't matter, it is a No Limits Fallacy to spout that AP doesn't matter, prove that Voldemort has reflected something as strong or consistent as Palpatine's lightning.
Do you know the meaning of the word "Hax"?
When someone clearly didn't read the thread in the first place plus is committing fallacies repeatedly-- even after being called out on it, yeah, Nice Reaper won't stay for long.
:eek:

Well, Sidious doesn't even have that.
He kinda does but then again, neither Harry Potter nor SW layers are accepted so non argument.
Can you show me how Palpa will feel when he is turned into a ferret?

Do you know the meaning of the word "Hax"?

:eek:
Do you know what a No Limits Fallacy is? Ya see, things like Attack Reflection require this thing called proof to deal with a certain AP threshold.

Anyways, you're a brick wall, I know you're a brick wall, so scream into a box, you won't have another response from me on these subjects.

Back