• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Duke Fishron

I wonder when we're gonna stop putting Sans vs Terraria characters.

Here, Sans can't handle the homing attacks spam and, later on, invisibility + intangibility spam.

I think Sans takes this low-dif. Flight is nullified by Blue mode, and Sans should be able to hit an intangible target with soul manip, and it doesn't really matter if you can see the opponent if you have danmaku. He just needs to fire in Duke Fishron's general direction and he'll eventually connect with something. Water Manip is able to be dodged, and Sans can teleport out of the way of Duke Fishron's danmaku.

If Sans tries to blue mode the Fishron, then it's just gonna sink into the ground and be even more unreachable to Sans.

And yes it does matter even with Danamku. Sans has some rather weak danmaku. He can't just omnidirectionally fire at everything at once.

Sans had difficulties dodging a melee attack from someone slower than him over time. Sans just can't deal with danmaku.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
If Sans tries to blue mode the Fishron, then it's just gonna sink into the ground and be even more unreachable to Sans.
And yes it does matter even with Danamku. Sans has some rather weak danmaku. He can't just omnidirectionally fire at everything at once.

Sans had difficulties dodging a melee attack from someone slower than him over time. Sans just can't deal with danmaku.
Why would it? It doesn't seem absurdly heavy...

Yeah, very weak...

Physically, yes. With teleportation, he'll be fine.

Because intangibility. And then the thing can just snipes from there.

It is. Have you ever Touhou? Because that's what true danmaku is like. Sans still needs to target someone in general.

No he won't. Telefrag is a thing.

Yeah his danmaku isn't the best. Unless you can clear out rooms of people without even looking it is pretty normal stuff.

I doubt it will just go intangible through the ground. Doesn't seem very in character. And if it happens, Sans can just lift it up again with telekinesis.

The level of difficulty is subjective and is riddled with game mechanics. Sans can't just fire omnidirectionally, but he can hit pretty much everything in front of him. He just needs to look in the general direction.

Yeah, he's fragile. Fishron still needs to hit him.

Except that it does. All the time. It's 100% in character. And if Sans does that then he just keeps the Duke Fishron floating. Which ends up doing nothing.

No he can't. He has difficulty hitting someone right in front of him like the soul. If that's something that's invisible in a forested area, then no his danmaku won't be able to counter.

Which will be easy as **** when spamming homing attacks and danmaku.

Tbh, Assaltwaffle, that looks... pretty easy, for someone with Sans's powerset. All things being equal, Sans really excels against Terraria-type bosses in general, since he generally uses a far more advanced of the "move around + kite" tactic that is most effective for most bosses in the game.

@Perp That's not really what Sans does though. Even then, one big advantage that the Terrarian has over Sans is flight. Sans is really just stuck to the ground.

ThePerpetual said:
Tbh, Assaltwaffle, that looks... pretty easy, for someone with Sans's powerset. All things being equal, Sans really excels against Terraria-type bosses in general, since he generally uses a far more advanced of the "move around + kite" tactic that is most effective for most bosses in the game.
He has the ability to dodge his charges (speed is equal so their base MS should be the same, and charges will close to gap), destroy Duke Fishron's homing attacks (which should be way too strong for Sans to destroy), dodge teleportation, and avoid his other AoE water tornadoes and sharks?

Yeah the main reasons why the Terrarian can win against the Fishron is by shooting everything before they can reach him. Which won't happen against Sans.

...this guy accomplished such with just Flight and ranged attack spam, as far as I can see. Even falling into a pit of water at one point... throw Teleportation, the ability to hold his enemy in place/throw them back with Soul Manipulation, etc.? No-hitting Duke Fishron seems even more viable. Remember, a character that's actually in the thick of things would be much more situationally aware than we would as a player in this case, with the player capable of only seeing what's available on the screen and possibly bumping into a tornado that way.

Why do you say that his homing attacks couldn't be destroyed, because Duke's 3-C? Doesn't that mean that the moment that the fight starts, it becomes impossible for Sans to win at all, since eventually they'll clip him after he wins the fight (if he wins) and force a draw? Or maybe not, they seem to disappear upon hitting terrain. Hmm.

Side question, isn't this standard battle assumptions, I.e.Central Park and the surrounding New York City? That's plenty of interposing terrain for the homing attacks to pop on, I imagine, and to generally use to his advantage... honestly, Fishron just seems... kinda dumb, generally, the most it seems to manage as far as tactics is occasionally teleporting next to the Terrarian for a charge attack.

...I guess I vote for Sans then.

Sans lacks flight and has less attacks to spam. And no, Sans can't hold people in place using soul manipulation. He would have never lost against Chara if that was the case.

Sans is 9-B. Him trying to attack the bubbles or shark would just destroy his attacks (Unless he uses the blasters)

That's even more Terrain for Sans to be unable to hit the Duke Fishron properly while the latter can phase through terrain and ram through him.

Well Fishron is an animal.

Also yes, the homing attacks will eventually hit Sans, since he has no way to get them off his back or destroy them. Unless he can spam teleportation to avoid everything.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Sans lacks flight and has less attacks to spam. And no, Sans can't hold people in place using soul manipulation. He would have never lost against Chara if that was the case.
Sans is 9-B. Him trying to attack the bubbles or shark would just destroy his attacks (Unless he uses the blasters)

That's even more Terrain for Sans to be unable to hit the Duke Fishron properly while the latter can phase through terrain and ram through him.

Sans can't "fly" per say, but he can warp to and from places easily and would most certainly be able to use that achieve a similar affect. Did you even play the game? He has an attack that does exactly that. Sans is 8-C, but whatever. The point is his attacks ignore durability. That bubble will be hit with 8-C force over and over until it breaks, which only takes a second or two. And why would Gaster Blasters be different than his normal attacks? And Sans can hit you from any angle he pleases. If there's a shield in front of you, he'll just summon an attack from behind you.

You can beat anything with flight, by just shooting it down.

If I was a flying child, and my opponent was a trained military general, you'd bet that I would lose that fight.

It's just a really small advantage in this fight, considering he only flies to chase after people who flee from him. It's not like he's going to be dodging Sans attacks with flight.

Reality Warping, Spatial Manipulation, Soul Manipulation, Telekinesis, Gravity Manipulation, Status Effect Inducement, and Danmaku?

Not really. Don't know where you got that from. Even if they were, it would be because of game mechanics. Duke Fishron doesn't even dodge Terraria's attacks, he just sponges them instead. Why would he suddenly dodge Sans' attacks? Besides, speed is equalized.

Noahkaismith said:
Duke Fishron doesn't even dodge Terraria's attacks, he just sponges them instead. Why would he suddenly dodge Sans' attacks? Besides, speed is equalized.
well I guess undyne would stand still and tank oppo's attacks. Besides, DF has the most infamous AI in the entire game, randomly charghing and stopping. It would be more than enoght to unvolountarly dodge the GBs

First of all, that's game mechanics. Second, who the hell is oppo? Finally, are you telling me that Duke Fishron can unintentionally avoid Sans' attacks? Did you even play the game? How do you unintentionally dodge that?

Back