• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans Fights a 2-A Character

Whats galactus really gonna do when sans surrounds him with like a billion Gaster blasters? Any attack Galactus throws sans is gonna dodge it with ease.

Can sans kill Galactus the difference in between sans ap and Galactus durability is infinite which means his attacks would only inflict KARMA and KARMA can’t actually kill

Can sans kill Galactus the difference in between sans ap and Galactus durability is infinite which means his attacks would only inflict KARMA and KARMA can’t actually kill
Galactus is still 3D physically so yeah.

And yes, KARMA does indeed kill.

With Speed = Galactus can move normally despite his large size, so lad has an immense range advantage
sans' dura neg lets him kill lads in a few (relative to sans) seconds, so AP doesn't really matter

And yes, KARMA does indeed kill.
As far as I know Karma always takes effect until the last hp. The wiki for undertale even notes it as such: KARMA cannot exceed 40 and also cannot cause the protagonist's HP to fall below one. The more KARMA damage is built up, the faster it drains.

Wanted to leave a little comment, Monster Physiology page explicitly says attacking the soul takes physical durability into account, so an infinite durability gap would mean they take zero damage:
image.png

CRT that it links to:
image.png

So yeah, the standard durability negation they use wouldn't help them at all in this battle as the gap is uncountably infinite. Sans other dura neg option is via Karma, which can't even kill the player, it just slowly lowers their health overtime (And it even acts as a second health bar at that, as you can't die from Sans UNTIL the purple bar depletes first).

So the standard durability neg via attacking the soul does zero damage, and his other method via Karma can't kill.

Wanted to leave a little comment, Monster Physiology page explicitly says attacking the soul takes physical durability into account, so an infinite durability gap would mean they take zero damage:
image.png

CRT that it links to:
image.png

So yeah, the standard durability negation they use wouldn't help them at all in this battle as the gap is uncountably infinite. Sans other dura neg option is via Karma, which can't even kill the player, it just slowly lowers their health overtime (And it even acts as a second health bar at that, as you can't die from Sans UNTIL the purple bar depletes first).

So the standard durability neg via attacking the soul does zero damage, and his other method via Karma can't kill.
Damn, first person to pull a mid vs thread nerf to undertale

Damn, first person to pull a mid vs thread nerf to undertale
Had to. Noticed he had a lot of wins against Tier 2 character's (That he honestly shouldn't have been even if Dura neg worked) and noticed how no-one ever explained that his dura neg is limited. Figured I'd bring it up now since I didn't think anyone else will. I never see the UT fans here do it which I find strange but... oh well I guess.

Had to. Noticed he had a lot of wins against Tier 2 character's (That he honestly shouldn't have been even if Dura neg worked) and noticed how no-one ever explained that his dura neg is limited. Figured I'd bring it up now since I didn't think anyone else will. I never see the UT fans here do it which I find strange but... oh well I guess.
So up to what characters can he actually harm?

Ngl but this is dumb as hell because is shown multiple times that KR indeed does kill mid-damage if you keep being hit, example are in Gaster Blasters.

Lad if they couldn't harm lad's with higher durability, it wouldn't be Dura Neg in the first place.
Their actual damage just gets lower the stronger the other guy is, but the minimum is always 1
sans always does 1 damage, in rapid-succession

Everywhere it says that Sans can't reduce hp below 1 with Karma. The other has to come from actual damage. Both in wiki and in reddit: it's supported that Sans can only poison till one hp. The other has to come from actual damage.

Ngl but this is dumb as hell because is shown multiple times that KR indeed does kill mid-damage if you keep being hit, example are in Gaster Blasters.
Disagree with Karma killing. As someone who has also played the game, I can say from testing that Karma can't kill you. It can only bring you to 1 HP. If you disagree, I don't know what to say. It's what's shown in-game.
Lad if they couldn't harm lad's with higher durability, it wouldn't be Dura Neg in the first place.
Their actual damage just gets lower the stronger the other guy is, but the minimum is always 1
sans always does 1 damage, in rapid-succession
This is an untrue statement. It being listed as Durability negation doesn't inherently it can affect those with uncountably infinite superior durability. It being listed as "limited" durability negation should make that abundantly clear.
The damage decreases as durability increases. That doesn't mean you can arbitrarily place a limit of 1 JUST because that's Frisk's cap in dura in-game. If Frisk was Tier 2 in dura? Sure. But that isn't the case. And the minimum is a fraction of 1 going by the Asriel fight.

If having higher finite durability decreases damage, having durability that's uncountably infinitely above would by default take zero damage. Using the minimum damage against Frisk with max and finite durability isn't a detractor of this. And the CRT that is linked to the limited durability negation makes it seem quite clear imo. They were even suggesting removing it altogether, but I suppose it was settled it could be deemed limited instead.

And Gaster Blasters still have KR...
But it wasn't the KR that killed Frisk. It was just the normal damage it causes. Like, you can literally take as much damage as you want from Sans UNTIL the KR layer of health disappears as it serves as a second depleting health bar. If you take damage from Sans and reach 1 "Yellow health", you won't die until the KR "Purple health" drains. Thus it can't kill you at 1 HP. You can test this if you own the game. I have done it before years ago out of curiosity.

But it wasn't the KR that killed Frisk. It was just the normal damage it causes. Like, you can literally take as much damage as you want from Sans UNTIL the KR layer of health disappears as it serves as a second depleting health bar. If you take damage from Sans and reach 1 "Yellow health", you won't die until the KR "Purple health" drains. Thus it can't kill you at 1 HP. You can test this if you own the game. I have done it before years ago out of curiosity.
Karma can't. But if there is only a single point of HP left, then sans just needs to scratch his opponents one more time to end the fight.

Karma can't. But if there is only a single point of HP left, then sans just needs to scratch his opponents one more time to end the fight.
Because Frisk has bad durability.

Thanks for proving you are misinterpreting the game.

So with a superior durability it's anyone's guess how much damage is Sans gonna be doing?

Ngl this is changing every Sans match if true.

Stats in UT are not linear, and Chara at that point of the game was way stronger than Undyne the Undying (who's very high in the 9-A chain) as they defeated her at just LV 10, and they faced Sans with LV 19 and much better equipment, including full 99 ATK/DEF boost items (with 99 being the ATK and DEF value of Undyne), but Sans still managed to hurt and kill them in the same way.

Back