• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sans vs. Duke Fishron

Duke Fishron pokes Sans once and he explodes. Sans only advantage is teleportation, which won't work due Duke's stamina and bullet hell.

Keeweed said:
Duke Fishron pokes Sans once and he explodes. Sans only advantage is teleportation, which won't work due Duke's stamina and bullet hell.
Woah, really? I guess Sans loses to Broly, Percy Jackson, Spiderman, Tracer, Vriska, and literally everyone in Undertale then. Yeah, forget about his reality warping, energy projection, spatial manipulation, soul manipulation, bone manipulation, telekinesis, and gravity manipulation.

^ What reality warping and spatial manipulation I never remember him ever using that. His bone manipulation is the most worthless thing ever, gravity/telekinesis doesn't work because Duke's intangible so he'll just go through the ground, and Duke doesn't even flinch while having corruption powder thrown in his face (and since purification powder can purify the tax guys soul; corrupt powder should be able to corrupt souls) so soul hax doesn't help (it'll hurt but if Sans get hit by any attack he dies). Spider-Man, Tracer, Broly, Percy Jackson, and a most Undertale characters are fodder to Duke.

Reality Warping is from weird shenanigans.

Spatial Manipulation is teleportation.

Bone Manipulation is shooting bones.

^ I knew where his bone manipulation is from I was just saying it's worthless. Also why would teleportation be Spatial Manipulation and his reality warping can't be used in combat or he doesn't really use it in combat (unless creating useless platforms is reality warping

I swear Sans has the most wanked profile. He has zero explanations for most of his abilities and apparently has a tier via hax. Not to mention I'm about 99% sure Sans never hurt any 2-B characters.

" Able to lock his opponent in place so neither of them will be able to do anything (Sans essentially, in gameplay terms, never takes his turn, forcing his opponent to be locked in an unwinnable combat situation. He was prepared to use this so both he and the player would be stuck in place forever, forcing them the reset and go on another route.)"

And this is apparently a power.

Despite, you know, being blatant abuse of game mechanics (As in, the characters themselves abusing it) that I'm 100% sure can't be translated to out of verse fights.

Desmiondo said:
Well seems like sans wins via Bfr by turnig him blue then he sinks through the world.
I really hope that is sarcastic because that isn't even close to a good reason.

Keeweed said:
^
What reality warping and spatial manipulation I never remember him ever using that. His bone manipulation is the most worthless thing ever, gravity/telekinesis doesn't work because Duke's intangible so he'll just go through the ground, and Duke does even flinch while having corruption powder thrown in his face (and since purification powder can purify the tax guys soul; corrupt powder should be able to corrupt souls) so soul hax doesn't help (it'll hurt but if Sans get hit by any attack he dies). Spider-Man, Tracer, Broly, Percy Jackson, and a most Undertale characters are fodder to Duke.
Yes, but the arguement I'm making is that just because you can one-shot Sans doesn't mean you win. Hell, if you can't one-shot him, he stomps you.

Sans fight a 2-B being mostly by ignoring durability while they were in physical form. Most of opponet Sans fight can one-shot him I do agree that Sans might need a clean up for his profile

I'm pretty sure I know where most, if not all, of Sans's powers/abilities come from, I could run through the game again and add it onto the ongoing Undertale revisions I had running... I'd wanted to address Sans specifically for some time now, for a while.

I can think of many characters that can kill sans but can't one shot him. Also tracer, Percy (I think anyways, but I know that the other two lost from gravity manipulation), and Spider-Man lost because of being ragdolled, which won't work due to Duke's intangiblity. Broly lost because... no seriously how did he lose he destroyed a multi solar system, how would sans dodge that? Also Sans lost to the lunatic cultist who is just a smarter but less aggressive Duke.

@Desmiondo

Gravity manip doesn't work on a being who can already ignore gravity and become intangible.

"Can ignore gravity"

...being able to fly doesn't mean gravity doesn't work on you, lol. That just means you can overcome it via the force sustaining you airborne, be it wings, magic, etc.

"Can become intangible"

Monsters are made up almost entirely of magic, and all magic in Undertale directly affects the soul and body simultaneously, including Blue Mode's gravity, so I really don't see how that's relevant either?

>Go to Duke page. See his Intelligence and Range

Like Sans can't keep teleport around and spam danmaku like crazy.

Gravity still able to slow Duke movement or teleport his attack him right into Duke.

@Assaltwaffle

Souls already ignored gravity and really more psychic.It affects soul not physical body so intangible probably wouldn't work either.

^ the Terrarian can manipulate gravity and last time I checked it doesn't work on Duke Fishron. (Though I haven't played terraria since my computer broke

Gravity... working on a soul...

The byproduct of mass effecting something that exists on a metaphysical plane? How exactly?

@Perp

I meant that the Terrarian's Gravity Manipulation does not effect Duke Fishron, not that he ignores it via flying. Obviously birds do not ignore gravity.

Broly losse to Sans due to Broly will underestimate Sans at first look and i remember Broly doesn't start with planet-buster.

No the Terrarian gravity most likely doesn't effect the soul; but Sans doesn't use it 24 seven, also he still has to deal with the tornadoes, sharks, bubbles, and possibly being rammed into (since Chara gets to swing at sans, why would Duke Fishron not get a chance to).

Jamesthetaker said:
@Assaltwaffle It said on his page that adding weight to their souls
Well no it actually doesn't say that on his page.

But... adding weight to a metaphysical object? How?

@Assaltwaffle I mean on Papyrus page.Like hell i know

@Keeweed Where does it said that Terrarian Gravity manipu can effect souls? And Sans use it through entire battle with him.

Jamesthetaker said:
@Assaltwaffle I mean on Papyrus page.Like hell i know

@Keeweed Where does it said that Terrarian Gravity manipu can effect souls? And Sans use it through entire battle with him.
Auto correct is a b*tch let me fix it real quick; also he uses it a lot but not at every second consider Chara got multiple attempts to swing at them.

>Me look on Duke range ( A few dozen meters)

Sans dodge it with teleport

>Look on Duke Intelligence ( Vaguely low, otherwise mindless)

Sans could easily outsmart Duke consider Sans fighting style is tricking and spam danmaku

Jamesthetaker said:
>Me look on Duke range ( A few dozen meters)

Sans dodge it with teleport

>Look on Duke Intelligence ( Vaguely low, otherwise mindless)

Sans could easily outsmart Duke consider Sans fighting style is tricking and spam danmaku
The Terrarian has a range of millions of kilometers, teleportation, and is a genius. Yet Duke can still fight him easily.

Jamesthetaker said:
That game mechanic because do you think Sans would really give his opponet chance to attack him?
Considering he is rife with game mechanics as is I really do think that is applicable. Even if it wasn't having zero stamina and getting caught is still a way for him to get hit.

Like i said before,Sans fighting style is tricking his opponet,create traps.Sans could teleport Duke right into his attack.Not to mention,KARMA + Soul attack combo will kill you very quick.

Back