• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji (One Piece) vs Ozpin (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In fact, I only counted Fllflourines because cool af tbh.

Although it would be nice for specified reasons above..

Ozpin: 4

Sanji: 8

come on guys one more vote for ozpin and we can begin to see the rage rebuttals

╠ÂT╠ÂH╠ÂE╠ ╠ÂR╠ÂA╠ÂG╠ÂE╠ ╠ÂR╠ÂE╠ÂB╠ÂU╠ÂT╠ÂT╠ÂA╠ÂL╠ÂS╠ ╠ÂY╠ÂO╠ÂU╠ ╠ÂM╠ÂE╠ÂM╠ÂE╠ÂL╠ÂO╠ÂR╠ÂD╠ÂS╠Â

Yeah, I'm voting for ozpin. Why? Because we never actually SAW how Cinder killed Ozpin. All we saw was them engaging into a clash of power, actually no, Ozpin was mostly dominating that fight in the few glimpses we see of it. Saying "Ozpin died to ranged fire pillars!" makes no sense in the context of the show. Also are people actually arguing that Ozpin is apparently LESS skilled than say, Qrow? (Ignoring the fact that he was a king that single handedly ended a war) because that reeks of downplay. Again, the argument that Ozpin couldn't handle Cinder and is therefore not very experienced is blatantly false as the few times we do see them fighting, Ozpin was dominating the fight. No ending was given to their fight or how Ozpin died.

LordAizenSama said:
Cinder was unharmed. Ozpin was dead. Id say Cinder was toying with him and then put the foot down.
As much as I hate to admit it, Occams razor favors Aizen.

We just have to assume Cinder is just an arrogant pos.

But vote counted because ehh.

Ozpin: 5

Sanji: 9

Auras generally allows people to come out of fights appearing unharmed you know. Especially with a full power maiden Cinder who's Aura is crazy in the RWBY universe. From what we have seen, in an actual fight, Ozpin was indeed still winning by a wide margin. However what's the use of getting many hits in and countering all of your opponents moves when they have a passive shield that negates all the harm you done, and that they have the AP to completely bust you in one go?

Akreious said:
Auras generally allows people to come out of fights appearing unharmed you know. Especially with a full power maiden Cinder who's Aura is crazy in the RWBY universe. From what we have seen, in an actual fight, Ozpin was indeed still winning by a wide margin. However what's the use of getting many hits in and countering all of your opponents moves when they have a passive shield that negates all the harm you done, and that they have the AP to completely bust you in one go?
Ehh, I guess I can see that. But I still think Cinder might just be a arrogant pos.

(Real talk she is kinda overrated now imo)

I still like my ozpin to death

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Aura doesn't no sell damage nor can Ozpin one shot Sanji.
Maybe four or five shot, but point still stands.

And Aura... maybe? I have to fact check this.

I never said Ozpin one shots Sanji. What. Where'd you even get that. Also I said Aura generally allows people to appear unharmed when coming out of fights, which largely explains how she still looks fine after fighting Ozpin. And by the way, I explicitly said above that Cinder's maiden powers would help her immensely as she wouldn't need to just rely on her Aura for Defense.

Sanji for reasons above,if Ozpin have never shown that he is more skilled than Sanji,i can´t defend him,because i have read he died fighting a 20 years old girl,i don´t see how he can be more skilled than Sanji when he could fight Vergo who was a spy in the Marine and is 40 years old, Jabra,who is an expert assasin and in the "beginning" of one piece,Kuroobi,a gyojin 10 times stronger than humans who practice the "Gyojin karate"

Then,Ozping only have off screen battles and "100 years of experience that we don´t know nothing because he never fights inthe 3 firsts volumes and he died againts someone with 20 years " Sanji has versality and feats, voting him

LordAizenSama said:
Cinder was unharmed. Ozpin was dead. Id say Cinder was toying with him and then put the foot down.
Not voting but saying Cinder was unharmed is wrong.

As long as she had her Aura she would have no damage because it's a shield. Very positive they were even with power more on Cinder's side. We have no idea how much Cinder got hurt during that fight and making such a MASSIVE assumtion is wrong.

Cinder won no question but saying she could one shot is very far out there, also goes against statments in the show as well.

Why is Cinder even being mentioned here? She clearly beat Ozpin due to having more powers and abilities, something Sanji doesn't have. It's no arguement

From the looks of it, Sanji has the advantage in this fight. He has the majority in techniques and versatility compared to Ozpin. Precog will be very useful for CQC. Haoshoku haki will also give him an extra edge in CQC as well. Voting Sanji for now.

Man, I have never disagreed with a thread more than this one. Saying that Sanji doesnf get dominated in CQC when he is 21 years old, vs someone who has been fighting for thousands of years is so dishonest. Also, Sanji doesnt even really have that much of a versatility advantage. Nearly ALL of his techniques are melee, which is where he loses the hardest. Haoshoku functions similar to aura, Sanji can fly and Ozpin can jump, and Sanji's few ranged techniques Ozpin has a barrier for. How does Sanji win when 95% of his techiques are outclassed becausd in melee Ozpin wins. And i will reiterate what i said before, the Cinder fight is a perfect example of power matchups on this wiki. Like how Cinder easily loses to Natsu, but is currently extremely close in the Esdeath thread. Cinder's moveset fundamentally counters Ozpin. Sanji is not Cinder, his skillset does not counter Ozpin.

I am honestly against this "experience gives a huge advantage". Will experience help? Yes. Will it lead to absolute domination? No. Many times in fiction, there have been beings millions of years old getting defeated by teens and young adults when both have similar AP.

In CQC, will Sanji get dominated? No. He still has Kenbunshoku for precog and has even kept up with higher AP beings for short amounts of times.

Ozpin's experience had his butt whooped by someone whos give or take 30 years of exp. For all we know Oz is literally walking his entire experience.

And I agree. Not to mention the fact that Sanji has more experience than Ozpin in combat than him in 3 entire seasons. The vaguebess doesnt help one bit. Show dont tell. Or at least speak of something credible he did in the past

@core Like i said at the bottom of my post, Cinder fundamentally counters Ozpin, just how Natsu countered Cinder and beat her easily, yet Cinder is winning in her thread vs Esdeath. Sanji doesnt counter Ozpin.

@Blue most cases where the millions of years old being gets beaten when they have similar AP is because the younger person has some sort of ability they cant deal with (or in a few cases it's PIS) The only thing somewhat like this is Sanji's precog, but its not even particularly strong precog.

I don't see anything in Cinder's arsenal counterring Ozpin, and if anything his lack of feats also doesn't help him. Also it's a close battle there, and even I heavily disagree with that match...

And RWBY wasn't even mountain level prior to this..

Either way pushing aside my previous sentence, nothing makes it seem like Ozpin gets counterred. You see him repelling attacks, you see him having barriers. I don't see anything in Ozpin's or Roster Teeth saying anything about Ozpin being hard countered by Cinder.

Also is there a limit to how people can give kudos to each other now?

Not sure I actually haven't tried giving kudos I kinda forgot it existed. And if you just look at how Cinder fights vs what Ozpin can do you can see the counter. Large and long range attacks vs someone with no ranged options and it's not just a few of Cinder's attacks that are long range. Most of Cinder's abilities are ranged.

Fair.

They were toe to toe. And if he had so much experience then dealing with long range enemies should be of no issue. And even then it's not always the case where a ranged enemy can outdo a melee fighter. A musketeer uses a rifle from afar but can be killed by a samurai if he gets close.

In that case Ozpin should've been so experienced that he could counter anyone and has any way of fighting in battle. Or... has enough common sense to run away and figure out that staying is a bad idea... He wasn't even protecting anyone at that point anymore, he was just letting himself die. You guys are vastly overestimating Oz's experience here. Guy's awesome, but come on.

We go by visual feats too and not speculation.

He told Pyrrha to go find Qrow, Ironwood, and Glynda. He knew that he couldn't beat Cinder he was just stalling. So yeah Maiden powers > Ozpin that's all that that fight showed us.

I know it's an analogy but there was a much larger ratio of samurai dying compared to the musketeers. But the thing is, Sanji is not a long range fighter, I read through all of his abilities. They are almost entirely melee, and if most of Sanji's abilities are melee and he loses in melee...

The two were already away in a great distance. If Ozpin had enough experience he'd also figure it's a better idea to not fight a losing fight and let the two off. Unless he holds attachment to the two...

Okay that's fair. See there's also an issue with that. We don't have a statement saying Ozpin is a god of fighting close up. And from what I've seen in the entirety of his fight? He can be defeated. And if anything? That fight also proves that you don't have to be more experienced to beat someone who has vastly more experience. You just have to outdo them on what you can do, and in this case, I see more abilities on Sanji.

And I have not seen anyone counter Sanji's Haki either.

Well like i said earlier, in most cases where the extremely old and powerful person gets beat by new blood when they have the same ap, its most of the time because they have some sort of powerful ability that the old guy cant counter. The only thing in Sanji's arsenal that COULD be this is his precog, but it is not that strong of a precog. As mentioned earlier by kink, Sanji's precog gets stronger the more intent to kill his opponent has, and Ozpin wont be trying to kill Sanji in character unless he's threatening his tudents or someone he cares about for example. If they were bloodlusted its a different story but they're not. So thr precog wont be nearly as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back