• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji (One Piece) vs Ozpin (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a bit reaching don't you think? Firstly quantity does not equal quantity, and we have seen nothing spectacular to suggest his experience correlates to his skill. Sanji spent years foghting and running every day for 2 years. What does Ozpin have? Nothing but speculation. Again all hes done in the series is die over and over.

Sanji isn't that far off from being as skilled as Ozpin. He's certainly more skilled than the majority of opponents Ozpin has fought. Especially with his abilities that Ozpin has never seen nor experienced. But again Sanji holds quite the versatility and stamina advantage so that more than makes up for the skill gap.

LordAizenSama said:
Thats a bit reaching don't you think? Firstly quantity does not equal quantity, and we have seen nothing spectacular to suggest his experience correlates to his skill. Sanji spent years foghting and running every day for 2 years. What does Ozpin have? Nothing but speculation. Again all hes done in the series is die over and over.
Not at all considering all Ozpin has done over his 100+ lives is fight.

Morlock435 said:
@Aizen He's stated that he is the culmination of hundreds of men And in just one of his past lives he single handedly ended the great war. Thats just downplaying.
Nope. Ozpin has shown no great skill onscreen and thats what matters. He may of had power >>> everyone else. Doesnt mean he needs great skill to use it.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Sanji isn't that far off from being as skilled as Ozpin. He's certainly more skilled than the majority of opponents Ozpin has fought. Especially with his abilities that Ozpin has never seen nor experienced. But again Sanji holds quite the versatility and stamina advantage so that more than makes up for the skill gap.
Define more 'skilled'

Also, better cqc? I don't know. Maybe speculation? But I dont think it is conclusive at this point.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
He really is. Again, unless Sanji has spent seveal thousand years fighting. And you said it yourself, Sanji has flight and fire manip, abilities he HAS experienced before.

LordAizenSama said:
Nope. Ozpin has shown no great skill onscreen and thats what matters. He may of had power >>> everyone else. Doesnt mean he needs great skill to use it.
Just saying "He doesnt show this on screen" when he CELARLY has done these things is blatant downplaying.

Which are also abilities he literally died to Weekly. He still hasn't experienced anything like Precognition. And no Ozpins experience is not going to overwhelm Sanji. Saying that is complete wank. Going by your logic Ozpin is more skilled than Mihawk because he's older. Ozpin hasn't shown anything that impressive in terms of skill.

Nope. You're using headcanon and I can just as easily say you're wanking.

I ask for proof of this great skill and hes shown none. Ditto.

WeeklyBattles said:
LordAizenSama said:
Just saying "He doesnt show this on screen" when he CELARLY has done these things is blatant downplaying.
I am with Weekly on this one.

Plus, by the same logic, we can consider giants being defeated in OP via PIS reasons or seakings even.

But I guess I will count your vote Aizen.

Sanji: 3 Ozpin: 2

Edit: Weekly you havent voted yet, want me to count yours for Ozpin?

@Aizen he knocked like 50 shards of glass put of the air with the tip of his cane in the fight with cinder, the precision needed to do that alone is impressive. And in volume 5 he proved himself knowledgeable in hand to hand combat and specifically told Ruby to watch for the openings in the opponents fighting style. And saying in the hundreds of lives that he has lived on a death planet (let's be real, Remnant is a death planet) that he hasn't acquired many skills over time is absurd.

LordAizenSama said:
Nope. You're using headcanon and I can just as easily say you're wanking.
I ask for proof of this great skill and hes shown none. Ditto.
Nothing ive said is headcannon or wank, its all stuff from the show.

Giants lost to Luffy due to their own weaknesses. It isn't PIS. Now we can't go around saying experience equals skill or Brook would be more skilled than Mihawk going by that logic. So I'm with Aizen here.

Expanding on the scene in volume 5, although ruby is very bad at hand to hand he explained to her clearly how he beat her, what she could have done to stand a better chance, and he basically did it effortlessly in a body that has hardly used it's aura.

@Knight If Brook and Mihawk were the same AP, would Brook still win? You cant use an analogy where two characters are two different APs and expect it to apply here

@Weekly of course not however I'm just going by the logic that is being used here. Saying that Ozpin is skilled enough to overwhelm Sanji is pure downplay and wank. And I mean that without disrespect.

Except he IS skilled enough to do so, its not downplay or wank. Out of the two, Ozpin is more skilled by far

Again his skill isn't enough to overwhelm Sanji. That's just wank. Especially considering Sanji's immense versatility and stamina advantage more than makes up for that. If he couldn't do it against Cinder it's not happening here. Seriously let's not wank here.

WeeklyBattles said:
Except he IS skilled enough to do so, its not downplay or wank. Out of the two, Ozpin is more skilled by far
Headcanon and speculation

Sanji has shown better skill and has precog. Ozpin loses badly in CQC.

He has lived HUNDREDS of lives on a DEATH WORLD full of people that naturally have special abilities that are extremely diverse and versatile. There is no wank.

There is indeed wank here. Stop being ignorant to it. Again going by your logic Ozpin is more skilled than Mihawk which he certainly isn't. Going by your logic Ozpin is more skilled than Toshiro which he is not. Again Ozpin has NEVER dealt with precog nor has he dealt with Busoshoku Haki.

@Knight Its really not wank at all. Ozpin has thousands of years worth of experience and has been fighting throughout each of those lives, many of which took place during a war against a wide variety of people all with different abilities. He is more skilled that Sanji. And I find it genuinely funny that you are using a moment of PIS as your argument.

@Aizen I hghly suggest you actually learn what youre talking about intead of blindly calling out headcannon and speculation out of spite.

^@Knightexactly. Show me where hes dealt with precog users who are already incredibly skilled cqc combatants who can fights for days in end.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aizen I hghly suggest you actually learn what youre talking about intead of blindly calling out headcannon and speculation out of spite.
I hghly suggest you drop the personal attacks and perceived spite. Thanks

@Weekly

Again i admit that he is more skilled than Sanji. But it's certainly not enough to overwhelm him. Again Ozpin has NEVER dealt with precog nor Busoshoku Haki. And Sanji can simply outlast him due to the immense stamina advantage. Getting a hit on him will also be difficult since Sanji can light himself on fire.

In just 3 of the lives we've been told abour, he's the Wizard that gave the maidens their powers, the hero king of Vale that single handedly ended the war, and the headmaster of one of the 4 greatest academies on Remnant. And according to HIS word, he has been fighting Salem since his very first life.

That's nice and all however that doesn't say how he'll get around Sanjis Kenbunshoku Haki and Busoshoku Haki. And Sanji can and will keep it safe by staying in the air and spamming attacks.

@Knight He stays in the air, Ozpin can literally just jump to him like he did to Cinder. Flight isnt a problem to him.

Zensum said:
I agree Sanji FRA
For the sake of how about say half the arguments are hit or miss, I would like clarification on what reasons.

@Yomi

You too. Nothing personal, just..

/flashbacks about threads.

Cinder didn't fly very high into the sky. And while he can jump towards him Sanji can dodge or simply go high enough to where Ozpin can reach.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aizen What personal attack? I suggested you learn about Ozpin and your response is a snarky comment?
Im well aware about Ozpin. Lets leave our arguments in the debates and not get frustrated and start attacking peoples intelligence yeah? :)

i just agree with their "Sanji via precog superior skill in cqc" reasoning in general

Dunno what your saying about "Flashbacks" havent interacted with you to my knowledge O___O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back