• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji (One Piece) vs Ozpin (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Aizen Apparently you arent considering youre ignoring basically his entire character and voting based on one fight scene. Learn about Ozpin and stop accusing me of doing things im not yeah? :)

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/4/44/1450781133-10f359fc2ab3842bc9bf075f822f23d4.jpeg/revision/latest?cb=20171216045742'][IMG alt="1450781133-10f359fc2ab3842bc9bf075f822f23d4 said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/4/44/1450781133-10f359fc2ab3842bc9bf075f822f23d4.jpeg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20171216045742[/IMG][/URL]
LordAizenSama"]
WeeklyBattles said:
@Aizen What personal attack? I suggested you learn about Ozpin and your response is a snarky comment?
Im well aware about Ozpin. Lets leave our arguments in the debates and not get frustrated and start attacking peoples intelligence yeah? :)
You and Weekly are the most argumentive people I met.

I suggest you, knight and weekly come back and calm down a little.

I will drop a meme later lul.

Yomi Schwarz said:
i just agree with their "Sanji via precog superior skill in cqc" reasoning in general
Dunno what your saying about "Flashbacks" havent interacted with you to my knowledge O___O
Oh no not you lul. That wasnt intended at you.

My bad.

Fine

Sanji: 4

Ozpin: 3

WeeklyBattles said:
@Kink Im not sure what you mean, im really not argumentative
Everyone is here to a certain level.

I mean, we do this for a hobby for christ sake lul.

Nothing personal to you, aizen and knight, who I have much respect for.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Aizen Apparently you arent considering youre ignoring basically his entire character and voting based on one fight scene. Learn about Ozpin and stop accusing me of doing things im not yeah? :)
Look, you are getting frustrated and upset that your character from your verse is losing, and I understand that, but don't go calling into question what people know. People interpret information differently, such as you or me.

Again I'm well aware about Ozpin, I watch the series and I call it how I see it.

Nevermind. Looks like it is back to square one.

/takes hits from devil's grass.

Dont mind me, just here to read comments.

@Aizen Im really not at all frustrated, and i'd really appreciate it if you didnt say things like that about me. This information isnt up for interpretation, it is fact. And its very obvious you dont watch the series.

LordAizenSama said:
Im well aware about Ozpin. Lets leave our arguments in the debates and not get frustrated and start attacking peoples intelligence yeah? :)
WeeklyBattles said:
You're both being kids in a playground being passive-aggressive at each other while also trying to see who can make the bigger bait. Just debate and pass aside the bullshit side talk.

It seems Sanji has the upper hand in this fight, his AP's already on the At Least mark, and has the majority in techniques and versatility compared to Ozpin, whos use of aura will eventually weaken him, no? Voting Sanji.

Arigarmy said:
LordAizenSama said:
WeeklyBattles said:
You're both being kids in a playground being passive-aggressive at each other while also trying to see who can make the bigger bait. Just debate and pass aside the bullshit side talk.
It seems Sanji has the upper hand in this fight, his AP's already on the At Least mark, and has the majority in techniques and versatility compared to Ozpin, whos use of aura will eventually weaken him, no? Voting Sanji.
Ozpin has higher ap.

But vote counted

Sanji: 5

Ozpin: 3

This information isnt up for interpretation, it is fact.

It is up for interpretation because its literally offscreen.

>And its very obvious you dont watch the series.

Last episode Raven met with cinder and they plan to kill Qrow and Cinder wants revenge for Ruby owning her.

Morlock435 said:
@yomi there were threads in the past where people just stop in, say FRA for their favorite verse, then leave, that's prob what he's referring to.
Well, thank god I don't like OP. Voting Sanji for Knight's reasons.

@arigarmy the use of aura weakening him is kind of misleading, basically, once their aura falls they are susceptible to mortal wounds hence the "weaker" but their dura or AP doesn't drop. Unless of course they get hit by an attack way stronger than them then they can get 1 shotted through aura aka Adam's Moonslice to Yang.

Edit: man autocorrect is destroying me today.

@Aizen Its not something offscreen though

And yes, its very easy to look up episode summaries on the RWBY wiki

Well I dont need to prove anything to you in any case so ditto. I watch the series. So ditto.

And i think this thread is game over. 7-3.

Damn why do you have to accuse him like that Weekly, that's persecuting a bit too much don't you think?

@Kink

Damn can't read, I still believe Sanji is more versatile though, since I don't think Ozpin's magic has anything that can counter Sanji's Haki or other abilities up his sleeve.

@Morlock

That still leaves Ozpin open, doesn't it?

@Ari Considering he's not listed on the verse page, has never once been on the discussion threads, and up until very, very recently i have never seen him on any RWBY versus threads other than ones theyre losing on, excuse my skepticism. But i digress, he's not worth getting worked up over, i'll wait for him to calm down and ready to have a civil conversation.

@arigamy imagine it like this. Ozpin has his aura on, he gets stabbed in the stomach. He feels some pain, but his body is perfectly fine. Enough stabs, and his aura drops. Once this happens, his body is still intact and fine, he just now functions as a "normal" fighter. By that I mean, gets stabbed in the stomach with no aura, he has a hole in his stomach now like most other fighters. Aura isn't really a downside, it's pretty much strictly better than just dura.

I guess aura basically gives RWBY characters a net for mistakes, it allows them to start "ahead" of other fighters since once they reach the point where they can finally take damage, their opponent should already be wounded.

I just want to say this quickly that Aura is basically Armanant Haki but better.

They both run out, but allows (admitedly), shitty regen, energy manipulation and better stats augmentation.

I guess it is closer to Ki in DB.

@Weekly

You don't have to be an expert in a verse to debate against it, do you?

@Morlock

Sanji's Bukoshoku Haki serves the same purpose though, doesn't it? Seems a bit stronger too since it gives stronger attack alongside the protection.

Arigarmy said:
@Weekly
You don't have to be an expert in a verse to debate against it, do you?

@Morlock

Sanji's Bukoshoku Haki serves the same purpose though, doesn't it? Seems a bit stronger too since it gives stronger attack alongside the protection.
No.

Haki admitedly does have a lower resource cap then aura does. (In other words, you're haki lasts longer then aura)

But aura is better with stats augmentation, regen and energy manipulation.

I could make a detailed post about it, but I dont feel like it.

@Weekly It's very safe to assume that he could've gotten in recently, or is silent about any knowledge. Does it truly matter if he's read summaries as long as he understands the verse enough to argue against it? If it's easy enough to spot a win, is it not even easier to spot a loss? The profiles given should be enough to compensate and learn each character enough to come to a conclusion even if you weren't that much of a fan of any series, that's the point of the profiles, no?

That about ends that part of my conversation, it's gonna derail the thread if we keep going on about that.

@weekly speaking of profiles I really think the aura part in the weaknesses section needs to be changed for RWBY characters, i feel like a lot of people end up sleeping on aura and calling it a disadvantage because of how its worded.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
Pretty sure Haki has better stat augmentation. Especially since it'll likely get upgraded soon.
We cant say for certain

But if it does get reactive power level, it would be better at closing ap gaps then aura is.

I really dont feel like explaining this because...high.

Although in Haki's defense, it is probably better in fights with similar ap because lower resource usage compared to Aura.

@Ari Yes, imo, it does, that's why i always ask what a chracters capabilities are in a thread where im unfamiliar with one of the characters. And the information is already on the profile, he just refuses to acknowledge it.

Also according to him he's been into it for years, which i dont buy for a second.

Morlock435 said:
@weekly speaking of profiles I really think the aura part in the weaknesses section needs to be changed for RWBY characters, i feel like a lot of people end up sleeping on aura and calling it a disadvantage because of how its worded.
Agreed...

The main issue is I think some people are also believing that Aura functions differently because of how RWBY has been partly inconsistent on some scenes. Partly. I said. If anything aura really needs a concise and firm rework after the season is over with the new things that's been happening. And personal opinion, aura both gets downplayed and wanked to silly levels.

And no need to point out disbelief. Some people watch RWBY and don't fall in love with it and side with them every time. Cough me cough.

Oh and did my vote for Sanji got counted?

PS - If Ozpin had more flashbacks of how he dealt with enemeis or his incarnations fighting, it would be more believable to think he can outexperience Sanji, but it's not like he's the Avatar here. We're on vagueness that can rival Touhou at this rate. Sides, he could've spent all those years just travelling and avoiding fights, seeing as how Ozpin literally avoided every fight he could do for 3 seasons.

And ... well overwhelming diverse abilities and power vs experience won't be enough sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back