• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sanji (One Piece) vs Ozpin (RWBY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time for my two favorite characters from each show to duke it out (I am serious)

Speed is equalized.

Sanji

Ozpi

This is Whole-Cake Island Arc vs Weakened Ozpin.

Oie transparent Ozpin
But perhaps victory is in the simpler things that you've long forgotten. Things that require a smaller, more honest soul

Sanji

Aight so this is happening. Imma vote soon.

Also Sanji's 7-A Key should be "At least 7-A likely higher" rather than "At Least 7-A" Since he's stronger than Reiju who has "likely higher".

Now I'll have to give my vote to Sanji for the following reasons. At this point he should have higher AP than Ozpin thanks to being superior to his siblings ( mainly Reiju )

Busoshoku Haki is comparable to Ozpin's Aura in the sense that they can both be used to increase one's defensive and offensive abilities and can even be used to create barriers as seen with the Admirals. However I'll have to say Busoshoku is superior in the fact that Busoshoku Haki will typically last longer than Aura ( Luffy is the only one who managed to deplete his Busoshoku and even then Gear Fourth managed to stay active for a decent amount of time.)

Kenbunshoku Haki: I feel as if I don't need to say much about this. Sanji literally specializes in this Haki giving him a pretty blatant advantage.

Sky Walk: Gives Sanji Pseudo Flight and can used ranged attacks via Diable Jambe. Which Sanji actually does use in character.

Stamina and Agility: Pretty sure Sanji holds this advantage as well.

Experience: Clearly Ozpin takes this since he's MUCH older than Sanji.

Overall Sanji takes this via AP, Stamina, Range and versatility.

@Knight While you do make a lot of good points, there's just one problem, Oz's powers are magic-based, not specifically Aura-based, and Magic doesnt deplete like Aura. Oz also has forcefields that can withstand direct, prolonged, concentrated blasts from Cinder before going down.

I also think Sanji might have lower ap since he is baseline mountain level from a City Level+ feat.

Although I doubt it matters that much.

@Weekly

That is a good point however I don't recall Ozpin really showcasing that much Magical abilities ( probably due to short screen time.) I know he can create Force Field's from them but that's all I recall.

Knightofannihilation666 said:
@Weekly
That is a good point however I don't recall Ozpin really showcasing that much Magical abilities ( probably due to short screen time.) I know he can create Force Field's from them but that's all I recall.
It was stated how his ability works in volumes 4/5. (mostly 5)

KinkiestSins said:
I also think Sanji might have lower ap since he is baseline mountain level from a City Level+ feat.

Actually he scales from Pica who has a casual 120 Megaton feat, which Zoro proceeded to one shot while Pica was clad in Haki. And Whole Cake Sanji is actually much stronger than Dressrosa Zoro ( for now.) Hence why he has the "At least" to his key. Which should be "At Least 7-A likely higher" due to being stronger than Reiju.

KinkiestSins said:

Actually he scales from Pica who has a casual 120 Megaton feat, which Zoro proceeded to one shot while Pica was clad in Haki. And Whole Cake Sanji is actually much stronger than Dressrosa Zoro ( for now.) Hence why he has the "At least" to his key. Which should be "At Least 7-A likely higher" due to being stronger than Reiju.
I dont recall a 120 megaton feat, link please?

Cin made a calc for Pica creating Flower Hill that resulted in 120 megatons. I'll find the calc.
Sure.

Also, did the math. Ozpin should be at 168 megatons.

So the two are still somewhat comparable with one another.

Edit: Based on the calc 7.05x10^17/ 4.184 = 1.68x10^17/10^15 = 168.4 megatons.

@Weekly and Knight are you guys gonna vote? Lul.

I will count your vote for now knight on the grounds of precog and versatility.

Sanji: 1

Ozpin: 0

WeeklyBattles said:
Ooooh that's for 7-A Ozpin's power, gotcha
Surprised Ozpin is higher then Sanji at the least but it is too close to call imo.

168 megatons > at least 120 megatons.

Although my boi still has chances.

Kinda off topic but shouldn't Whole Cake Island characters like the ministers and anyone who scale to them be High 6-C?

Peter1129 said:
Kinda off topic but shouldn't Whole Cake Island characters like the ministers and anyone who scale to them be High 6-C?
No. They have not been shown at doflamingos level.

And even fighting a weakened base luffy could probably just be PIS.

I wouldn't call it PIS it's more like an Outlier like Zoro being able to push Fujitora back.

^) just waiting till Wano for High 6-C Zoro and Sanji.

Not sure if it's an outlier. It's been pretty consistent even with the anime fillers. Perospero can use Candy Wall and block a Gigantic Pistol from Luffy. Amanda was able to effortlessly slice through said wall like butter. According to chapter 861 Perospero, Compote, Daifuku and Oven are considered monsters alongside the Sweet Commanders Katakuri and Smoothie. And in some of the panels Jinbe was actually defending against some of the Big Mom crew members with his hand imbued in haki.

I'm kinda leaning towards Sanji via Precog and pseudo flight but don't count it yet I'll just wait to see what others think.

I'll probably make a CRT sometime tomorrow. Going to sleep right now.

WeeklyBattles said:
Just saying, Ozpin put up a good fight against Cinder who can just straight up fly and he can jump pretty damn high
Plus, I would argue his defensive capabilities are higher.

Sanji is not exactly an expert in armanant haki.

IIRC Cinder didn't actually fly very far from Ozpin however yes he can still reach and fight Sanji.

While not being an expert in Busoshoku Haki he's certainly good at it. It should be comparable to Zoro's albeit Slightly inferior. But he can make this your due to him being an expert at Kenbunshoku Haki being able to dodge Katakuri attempting to kill him.

How good is Sanji's pre-cog? Because in close combat Ozpin should mop the floor with him. There are so many different fighting styles in RWBY there will be pretty much nothing Ozpin hasn't seen before, he even laid waste to whole armies in his past life as the King of Vale.

Kenbunshoku Haki gives the user a promotion of the opponents next move, where they'll dodge and allows the user to even know how strong the opponent is as seen when Sanji located Pekkoms. And even without Kenbunshoku Haki Sanji is still extremely agile and is very good at dodging attacks. And no Ozpin isn't going to mop the floor with Sanji in CQC I'd say they're even in the skill department.

I disagree that they are about the same combat experience wise. 1000's of year of experience+ being a headmaster at a school designed to train the best fighters on remnant. And with the HUGE variety in semblances, fighting styles, and weapons that hunstmen have, Ozpin has likely seen it all.

I'm just gonna jump in here and ask what has he done to equal ozpin? Besides the fact that Ozpin has literal millennia's worth of experience to back himself up

@Weekly Yes. And I guess Ozpin is more skilled however I seriously doubt it's enough to overwhelm Sanji.

@Mor well I didn't say they're equal in combat experience. And i don't think Ozpin has ever dealt with something like Kenbunshoku Haki.

@Akrei what do you mean? Gotta be more specific.

Morlock435 said:
How good is Sanji's pre-cog? Because in close combat Ozpin should mop the floor with him. There are so many different fighting styles in RWBY there will be pretty much nothing Ozpin hasn't seen before, he even laid waste to whole armies in his past life as the King of Vale.
Sanji's Haki: A form of Haki that allows the user to sense the presence of his opponents. A user of this type of Haki can predict an opponent's moves before he gets hit. This works by showing the user an image or brief "premonition" of what the opponent will do, manifested as a mental image in the user's mind's eye, and the damage the user will take if the attack "hit" for real. It appears that the more killer intent the enemy has the easier they are to predict, though more efficient users can predict future moves regardless whether there are ambient murderous intents or not. Including the distance, location, and where the opponent may strike next.

Feats

-Detected Vergo's killing intends thousands of meters away in a building and saved Tashigi.

-Dodged Katakuri's bullet, who can see briefly into the future.

-Kept up for a period of time with Doflamingo.

So I say mid tier, but your point stands.

Alright, so for example, let's say Sanji goes for an attack on Ozpin, would the pre-cog account for something like, for example, a parry and counterattack? Because attacking someone that is so familiar with many different combat styles would undoubtedly leave him a bit vulnerable to counters.

Morlock435 said:
Alright, so for example, let's say Sanji goes for an attack on Ozpin, would the pre-cog account for something like, for example, a parry and counterattack? Because attacking someone that is so familiar with many different combat styles would undoubtedly leave him a bit vulnerable to counters.
Possibly, but not always.

For instance, some haki users (sanji probably included) can only see the future with the cause, they sometimes dont understand the effect unless it is life threatning.

For Instance: Katakuri saw Pudding cry in the future, but he did not understand why she was crying.

Luffy saw that mihawk would cut off his arms, and understood the cause/effect but only because it was filled with killing intent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back