• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sailor Moon: General Discussion

Just creating a general discussion thread for Sailor Moon. I recently got my hands on the copy of the all new Eternal Editions of the manga. They're giant sized latest versions on the manga will new refreshed artwork , some color pages, and brand new more accurate English translations.

I have volumes 1,2,3 and impatiently waiting for volume 4 which comes out in May. (i wish it was sooner :[)

I will discuss the first two volumes, the first arc:

First things, in this translation, Luna says the silver crystal can blow a planet, not a star.

Blow away a planet
But Umino does say the light of the silver crystal is like a super nova:

File-2

Weeew

Firstly I can potentially quantify the Supernova light from Umino's statemate to AP, secondly can you post the scan with the 5-D stuff?

Super dimensional sphere emerge
Here's the page. Mercury asks Luna for time axis calculations and then
Super Dimensional Sphere Emerge part 2
she creates a super-dimensional sphere.
They were fighting in the game center, and the batlte blew the roof of the building, and sailor mercury was afraid of the entire neighborhood being destroyed.

When I first read the scene I believed mercury just created a dimension. But this translation specifies a superdimensional sphere was what was created. A superdimensional sphere is a sphere with 4 dimensions of space instead of three.

Thereotically, within a 4th dimensional space, you will be intangible in the 3rd dimension. Sailor Mercury specifically created this to protect the game center and the city from destruction.

And couple with the fact that she needed the calculations to do the technique, means she didn't just create a 4th dimensional sphere from scratch, there had to already exist a fourth dimension for her to manipulate.

399A816C-5934-426C-817E-2235E47D486A
Here is Prince Demande mentioning dimensions. I also checked the japanese scan and they use the kanji for mathematical dimension, µ¼íÕàâ

CCDDEDDE-FDA8-44FC-9EAE-10D2370CD07A
So we know it's different from worlds, or universes, or spacetime.

I see, what's new in the volume then? i guess there is more stuff about Metalia, the Silver Crystal and the abilities?

I do think it's enough for type one.

I made this post discussing,

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2937462

We have three reliable sources, calling Metallia, form less, and a being made of pure evil. (and not metaphorically but literal evil)

I want to wait for volume 4 before I make a big post. There's a lot of stuff there.

I can make some posts for minor characers, like Achiral and Chiral, and Luna has a feat of countering Evil Endymion's attack.

Honestly don't see anything to suggest Type 1 AE. Just Non-Corporeality.

For Type 1 AE, Metalia not only has to show Non-Corporeality but also having statements or feats that she is an abstract or concept like say dreams, thoughts, ideas, possibilities, death, life, etc itself where her death would destroy that concept/abstraction. What we could infer is that she is Non-Corporeal.

Queen Serenity and Queen Beryl both say she is comprised of pure evil in the literal sense. Not metaphorically. In the thread I posted above, the staff agreed that character being made of abstract material would count as type 1.

Also about the Higher Dimensional Manipulation, this can upgrade all universe level Sailor Moon character to High 2-A. But I don't think we'll push for that. It's too much lol.

IMG 3531
IMG 3532
Confirmation on Sailor Pluto saying the Corridor of the Space-time door has no concept of direction or time.
Also in this new translation. She calls it a void twice.

Where does it say she's made of pure evil in a literal sense?? It's talking metaphorically since she's stated to be "Evil Incarnate" not that she is made of Evil. The staff said In the Thread that I'm not exactly sure how a character is supposed to be "made of math". If you mean that they participate in the abstraction or something, it just depends from the character itself being abstract or not. You should judge from the other informations available about them, for example if a character is "made of dreams", being non-corporeal is supporting evidence towards a type 1 abstraction, if they are tangible it's evidence against it.

Queen Metalia doesn't participate in any abstraction. If she was made of Evil, evil would have been destroyed. You need more evidence that she is evil itself. But I can be wrong on this one and she JUST MIGHT get Type 1 or 2 if there's more evidences

Unless there's sufficient statement of 5D, High 2-A is far fetched.

And??? It still brings us back to the arguments of how it's not going to grant them Immeasurable speed. But I digress since it's a topic that's unresolved and won't change.

IMG 3533
This one was a big one. I originally thought that Black Lady traveled to the end of the spacetime via a portal inside the reactor.
In this translation. Diamond asks if they're going through the planet. Black Lady laughs. Black Lady pulls them down to the edge of spacetime via movement alone.

Mind you, they were inside the dungeon and she moved them just by flying.

If this doesn't prove immeasurable speed, then I quit.

That seems like Time Travel via Space-Time hax more than immeasurable speed to me.

Though I guess staff input is needed preferably from those who actually read Sailor Moon.

On a side note, Chaos would get AE Type 2 back if I did some revisions. But I'll do them later.

RM97 said:
Where does it say she's made of pure evil in a literal sense?? It's talking metaphorically since she's stated to be "Evil Incarnate" not that she is made of Evil. The staff said In the Thread that I'm not exactly sure how a character is supposed to be "made of math". If you mean that they participate in the abstraction or something, it just depends from the character itself being abstract or not. You should judge from the other informations available about them, for example if a character is "made of dreams", being non-corporeal is supporting evidence towards a type 1 abstraction, if they are tangible it's evidence against it.
Queen Metalia doesn't participate in any abstraction. If she was made of Evil, evil would have been destroyed. You need more evidence that she is evil itself. But I can be wrong on this one and she JUST MIGHT get Type 1 or 2 if there's more evidences

Unless there's sufficient statement of 5D, High 2-A is far fetched.

And??? It still brings us back to the arguments of how it's not going to grant them Immeasurable speed. But I digress since it's a topic that's unresolved and won't change.
That's not prerequisite for type 1. She doesn't have to embody the concept of evil, she is just made of it. Destroying her won't destroy all evil. It's like if you destroy someone made of dreams, destroying them won't destroy all dreams.

As for the 5D stuff, I'm not even going to argue for that. It's a waste, and I honestly don't believe we should use the site's dimensional tiering just to beef up the series. It's not what the author intentended.

Thing is Dreams and Evil is not the same thing in terms of concepts. If you go by Conceptual Manipulation page, Evil in Sailor Moon would qualify as Type 3 Concept and Dreams as Type 4. The statement you made gets broken down on the basis of the Abstraction they are.

For example, If Queen Metalia was made of Dreams, destroying her won't destroy all of dreams just the associated dreams since she is a Type 1 Abstract of a Type 4 Concept. If Queen Metalia was made of Evil, destroying her would destroy all of Evil in the verse since she's a Type 1 Abstract of a Type 3 Concept.

While I do agree this site's dimensional tiering needs to beef up, however lack of proof is on your part. We just can't give anyone High 2-A rating for just having statements of Superdimensional or higher dimensions. Adjacent feats as well as concrete statements are needed.

IMG 3536
IMG 3544
After Death Phantom died, he existed as pure Will. That will then combined with the planet.
IMG 3542
His true form is called a formless fiend by Sailor Moon.

RM97 said:
Thing is Dreams and Evil is not the same thing in terms of concepts. If you go by Conceptual Manipulation page, Evil in Sailor Moon would qualify as Type 3 Concept and Dreams as Type 4. The statement you made gets broken down on the basis of the Abstraction they are.
For example, If Queen Metalia was made of Dreams, destroying her won't destroy all of dreams just the associated dreams since she is a Type 1 Abstract of a Type 4 Concept. If Queen Metalia was made of Evil, destroying her would destroy all of Evil in the verse since she's a Type 1 Abstract of a Type 3 Concept.

While I do agree this site's dimensional tiering needs to beef up, however lack of proof is on your part. We just can't give anyone High 2-A rating for just having statements of Superdimensional or higher dimensions. Adjacent feats as well as concrete statements are needed.
┬┐en espa├▒ol?

IMG 3530
IMG 3538
Wiseman says the power of the silver crystal crosses both time and space. And then Demande describes the crystal as being unhindered by layers of time.
I wonder what they mean by layers.

Well you get two things:

1) Universe+ for SC

2) Acausality Type 1 for going beyond Space-Time and attacking people even if history is restarted

I don't think it's an outlier. The immeasurable speed was crucial within the second arc. Without it, she would not have been able to defeat death phantom.

IMG 3534
Also the shockwave from the Beguiling Black Crystal travels backwards through time.
It should be noted that when Prince Demande used it on earth, there was no shockwave that traveled in the past. But when Black Lady did it, there was. Couple that with Black Lady able to phyiscally fly to the edge of space-time.

Let's tally all the stuff.

1. Silver Crystal to be Large Planet possibly Large Star

2. Sailor Mercury gets Higher Dimensional Manipulation

3. Queen Metalia being non-corporeal possibly AE type 1

4. Death Phantom getting Non-Corporeal, and perhaps non-existence physiology, I also think abstract existence can apply here

5. Immeasurable attack speed for silver crystal

6. Immeasurable speed for Black Lady and Death Phantom

I've already made a crt for 5 and 6, would like input.

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3058912

Back