• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Saber Alter vs Issei Hyoudou

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hizack

Dragon-Slaying ain't an end all against Saber. Mordred, who's weaker than Saber Alter overall in statistics, held her own just fine against Siegfried, who is a legendary Dragon Slayer with the same bonuses Ascalon gives against dragons.

In addition, she would resist Crimson Cardinal Promotion's energy blasts due to their magical nature.

Hizack123 said:
Vote for issei via Attack Reflection, Statistics Amplification, Ascalon.
Well, Ascalon can make a dent on Saber Alter i can see that. But don't forget the fact that Saber Alter is a corrupted version of Saber, who pretty much took hits from an anti-dragon weapons like Arondight, which i would tell you is considered one of the most strongest swords in my opinon to slay dragons.

Attack Reflection? Saber Alter can outright spam Excaliblast, tricking Issei in the midset of battle.

The only thing which Issei has for him is his Boosting ability.

But opinions would differ actually.

Anyway, i will add yours and the others' votes.

LukeSky001 said:
Well, who would win, interesting question... Dress break, nullify most of Sabers defences, then go for the win?
A rank magic resistance says no. How would he even get close against precog and Morgan blasts that can one shot?

@Ram

Dead Count Shapeshifter Seals were stated to be able to perfectly replicate Siegfried's parameters, skills, experience, techniques, and Noble Phantasm, so even if they're technically weaker knock-offs, they should still be more than capable.

In addition, Sieg went up against Karna and held his ground (however wobbly that ground might be), so he's not THAT much weaker.

Issei will know what Saber will do but does he know how to counter it? Saber's precog will let her know his incoming attacks and can spam Morgan which one shots. I fail to see how Issei wins.

@Reppu Mordred was boosted by a command seal and it was Sieg's first transformation so he wasn't 100% Siegfried yet. IIRC the first exchange they did he would have disarmed her if he knew what he was doing.

Also, note that Saber Alter's armor is formed by her own magical energy.

If Issei Dress Breaks it, Saber Alter will just reform it.

In addition, Excalibur Morgan is still the mightiest of the Holy Swords in the Nasuverse. It will shred through Issei with ease due to his weakness to holy weaponry.

Sieg vs Karna was basically Karna absolutely wrecking Sieg, until he discovered his ability to spam Balmung to the ends of time but even then It was kind of even and Karna would have won with Vasavi Shakti.

"Reloads" you mean the fraction of a second needed to charge another High 7-A blast? He won't be able to wait out the Excalibur spam either because Saber Alter has basically limitless mana.

Reppuzan said:
Also, note that Saber Alter's armor is formed by her own magical energy.

If Issei Dress Breaks it, Saber Alter will just reform it.

In addition, Excalibur Morgan is still the mightiest of the Holy Swords in the Nasuverse. It will shred through Issei with ease due to his weakness to holy weaponry.
Okay, Dress Break,maybe a bad idea, but I think thats still gonna take her some time to reform? Sure a second or so, but in these speeds with battle, one second is enough. Just watch the fight between Shirou and Saber Alter in the Heavens Feel when he fights without Rider, one deflected attack and Shirou himself said it, one second later and they would be back at the beginning. Also he has Ascalon holy swoed so it gives him some bonus against Saber who has a dragonic attribute and is corrupted by the evil of Angra Mainyu.

Gargoyle One said:
I need to see a scan of it reflecting something Excaliblast level
Divide works on stronger opponents. That's the point of them [most Longinus users] having special powers that can kill Gods [currently High 7-A to casual 6-C] and it worked on Loki [High 7-A] and Fenrir [scaling to a casual 6-C feat] when Vali was 7-B.

I should point out that both [Boost] and [Divide] are really potent. When Vali used it on Kokabiel three times, his power was reduced to that of a mid class Fallen Angel and he stated that if he did it a few more times, Kokabiel's power would reduce to that of a normal human. He also used it to nullify several of Loki's attacks (with difficulty but it's still impressive considering the power gap between them).

As for [Boost], it has made Issei jump from ~Athlete to Street level to Small Town level in 12 boosts [20 in the anime] and in a much weaker form with severely limited stamina, he can spam it like this:

[Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost! Boost!]]

So, he will certainly outclass Saber in terms of strength and stamina. For her precognition, well Issei has something like that since Saber's breasts will tell him everything she wants to do, including information about her abilities.

Well, since Excalibur is a holy sword, Issei will get added damage from it except he blocks with his dragon arm. But it will just encourage to fly far into the air and spam ranged attacks once he notices Saber can't fly like most guys in his verse.

@Reppuzan

Ascalon made Vali's armor feel like paper when Issei struck him with it and it ripped it apart. At that point Vali was >>>>>>>>>> Issei. Also, demonic power is different from magic. Armaros nullified all of Rossweisse's magic but he couldn't do anything of the sort to Grayfia since she used demonic power instead. Issei's crap at magic, as he said it's too complicated for him, so she isn't resisting anything. Don't pay attention to the earlier volumes when magic was being thrown around, demonic power hadn't really been mentioned at that point and Ishibumi changes things as he likes.

Spamming Excalibur Morgan won't do anything. He can create several wyverns and they can reflect or nullify everything.

Also, does Saber Alter have the same durability without her armor? Penetrate might bypass it.

Attack Reflection? Saber Alter can outright spam Excaliblast, tricking Issei in the midset of battle.

Already addressed this.

Issei will know what Saber will do but does he know how to counter it?

Yes, that's how it has always been for females that go against Issei. Their plans and strategies get countered hard while he rips their clothes off.

@Burning

Saber can still tear into him by using Excalibur Morgan at point blank range, grab Issei with tendrils of darkness, and teleport after him through the shadows.

While it's weakened, Saber still has her Instinct skill to tell her the exact same thing about Issei's abilities.

Saber Alter is shameless, tearing her clothes off won't do anything aside from make her a little more vulnerable.

Yes, but you can't say it won't suprise her. Again, just watch the fight between her and Shirou. She was still suprised at Kanshou and Bakuya returning at her or them appearing at Shirou's hands again even though he threw them at her

His boost power is clearly inconsistent since in the early volumes he goes from pleb to mid class demon while in later arcs like when using CCQ he doesn't use his boost that much and it doesn't make him literally a million times stronger. Divine Diving's power is the same. Saber has superior stamina due to having a effectively limitless supply of magical energy. He can't just use his wyverns to reflect literally everything, since he never does that he always tries to block or dodge attacks.

When has CCQ Issei show the ability to reflect High 7-A attacks? In his CCQ he has at most managed to reflect 7-A attacks nothing higher. So what if Issei knows that Saber will spam Excalibur how does he counter a space distortion?

@Luke

Sure, it might throw her off guard, but it's not going to stop her from just cleaving him in half the first chance she gets.

Ramesses the Sun King said:
She could reform it almost instantly with her magical energy supply. How would he even get close to use it?
ALMOST instantly. Well, as for how he will get close, he will figure something out?

Yeah, but not with Morgan, but with normal blow...unless you are counting on her using Prana burst of hers or whatever. Also, why is speed equalized. Ok, I know that Issei is faster if its not but still

Yeah Rep and Ramesses makes some solid arguments, I agree plus assuming he can reflect Morgan isn't exactly rich in evidence.

So voting Alter for the time being.

@Luke

She's ALWAYS using Mana Burst to boost herself since she has effectively infinite mana.

@Muhammed

I guess you can say that I'm leaning towards Saber at the moment.

I'm getting the chills due to the fact that this thread seemed to attract lots of important people in this wiki. I'm really flattered everyone. T-T

More magical energy=better mana burst and Saber has a effectively limitless magical energy source. When Saber discarded her armour to get more magical energy against Diarmuid she became 3x stronger and faster, this is a Saber with a effectively limitless magical energy source. While she won't become dozens of times stronger due to her body not being able to handle it she would still become vastly stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back