• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Personally I don't see the point in Team RWBY getting profiles based off the movies because, in my perspective, there's no significant change to warrant profiles outside the fact they crossovered with the Justice League.

However I do believe that Justice League should qualify for profiles of their own, which I don't think anyone would be against, since they can be scaled to feats from Vol 1-9 and maybe some OG feats from the movies themselves. But yeah outside the JL, AU Team RWBY profiles are unnecessary and pointless

Yeaaah...CRWBY probably doesn't think the main cast is as strong as we rate them as.
That's not an exclusive thing to RWBY in particular, tbf. I mean a go to example of mine as how Ian Flynn, one of the writers for the Sonic franchise, once stated that Kid Goku could beat Sonic in a fight when the later's feats and scaling make that claim by Ian complete BS.

Sometimes it's best to understand that not all writers are power scalers, at the end of the day.

It’s literally taking quotes from a person who works on the show.
Yeah i get that, its a completely new statement thats just come out (and mind you, members-only can see it), but its just stupid to even attempt to scale RWBY based on the DC characters just cause its an alternate universe ig. Its a pretty dumb comment to make writing wise too but ig RWBY dont gotta worry about that for the forseeable future. They were faithful adaptations of the RWBY characters power-wise but as long as any sort of stat upgrades arent riding on them

Far as I can tell, The crossovers dont even give them any buffs, I'd rather just different profiles if you really wanna include their DC-universe designs (you dont gotta either way), but lets just maybe not use a crossover with DC as a main talking point (like trying to say anyone in RWBY is comparable in skill to Batman, or comparable speed to Superman)

Not going to lie: I feel bad that Weekly ain't here to defend against the downgrade since RWBY was one of his babies on here before he was banned IIRC, poor fellow must be eating at his nails that he can only watch in suspense as it gets downgraded

But jokes aside, I'm surprised that this wasn't done sooner. I do think it was odd to downscale the cast to Maidens when the later is shown as being way stronger so I know I won't be defending against the downgrade

It's funny how this doesn't affect my crossover au's stats at all

Vol 6 character still have a different 7-C feat to scale to and it doesn't affect my High 6-A/5-C scaling chain at all For Atlas/ever after arc characters

Honestly don't really care if it passes, tho I do bring up my points why they should be small city level
Bruv loves his AU too much, but fair enough 🗿.

Lol why did Weekly get banned?
Weekly already had a slew of warnings and bans in his name (one instance I remember was trying to use money to bribe a calc member IIRC), but the straw which broke the camel's back was when Death Battle released Obito vs Darth Vader and Obito won. Weekly got so mad about it that his arguments with other users on the DB Discussion Thread spanned multiple pages and got very toxic by the end of it all.

So when it was inevitably reported on the RVR thread, alongside his other offenses, it caused him to get banned for three years at the time it was decided and he's been gone ever since

Weekly already had a slew of warnings and bans in his name (one instance I remember was trying to use money to bribe a calc member IIRC), but the straw which broke the camel's back was when Death Battle released Obito vs Darth Vader and Obito won. Weekly got so mad about it that his arguments with other users on the DB Discussion Thread spanned multiple pages and got very toxic by the end of it all.

So when it was inevitably reported on the RVR thread, alongside his other offenses, it caused him to get banned for three years at the time it was decided and he's been gone ever since
Cant say im surprised, Ah well

The main page needs to be changed to reflect the downgrade. Mainly the power of the verse section and the scaling chain in the calculation section.

If I can ask, why doesn’t the Raven calc include CAPE in it? And why can’t we use both CAPE and condensation in storm creation calcs?

The main page needs to be changed to reflect the downgrade. Mainly the power of the verse section and the scaling chain in the calculation section.

Decided to do this myself. Though I forgot, does anyone know the 8-A calc the cast scale to? I just need to add that to the scaling chain.

The 8-A feat Yang has would apply to pre-atlas

becaue it was done at the very, very beginning of the training montage in volume 7 as in, Arrowfell was team RWBY's first official mission in that timeskip

Something to look at as it uses RWBY as an example:

Even if you got the whole CGM crew to back this notion, the results aren't going to breach past its own tier.
At this point, I am just curious as to why we don't use both in the same calc. Like, Cumulo clouds turn into cumulonimbus clouds right? So you'd need to first create enough condensation to make the clouds in the first place, then use CAPE to transform them into storm clouds. That's what I'm thinking rn.

At this point, I am just curious as to why we don't use both in the same calc. Like, Cumulo clouds turn into cumulonimbus clouds right? So you'd need to first create enough condensation to make the clouds in the first place, then use CAPE to transform them into storm clouds. That's what I'm thinking rn.
I don't think that's the correct train of thought but I mean it's close I guess.

Back