• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

I have an issue with the current Penny lifting calc. If we assume that Amity Arena is as tall as it is on moiniter measuring it, wouldn't that mean that Amity is barely above ground? Like, when we see Amity at it's lowest on the screen, it wouldn't even take half of it's current height to reach the ground. Yet, when Penny flies outside and looks down, she sees that Atlas is almost like a tiny speck. And Atlas has been calced at around 6 km at least. So that would mean she's very far up in the air, certainly higher then half of the legnth of Amity Arena.

See notice how the bomb calc only took into account mantels front view into account and not the fact its longer then it is from the front
Now putting it into memory, I do recall a few number of aerial shots of Mantle being a completely different shape than what calculations suggests. Calculations left it at a generalized circle while most shots in series indicate an irregular ellipse.

Doesn't sound too hard to calculate. But that being said, has an official width for Mantle ever been agreed upon? 🤔

Now putting it into memory, I do recall a few number of aerial shots of Mantle being a completely different shape than what calculations suggests. Calculations left it at a generalized circle while most shots in series indicate an irregular ellipse.

Doesn't sound too hard to calculate. But that being said, has an official width for Mantle ever been agreed upon? 🤔
Yeah, it's in the bomb calc via using a front shot of Atlas and mantel as reference

The monitor isn't used anymore in my calculation, the feat was deemed incorrect in a thread I'm not going to look up. Someone else can link it or you can find it yourself.

Only the weight portion is correct. The monitor was not accurate to reality and cannot be used. The actual KE was much lower, Building level from what I remember.

Also, how high they are is completely irrelevant and doesn't change anything. And the monitor isn't showing the ground either, so I don't know what you mean at all.

Thanks for reminding of this feat so I can cross the KE part out.

Note: Your mention on Raven's Storm: "Convective available potential energy (CAPE) for creation of storms. Should be used if clouds are created together with a lot of wind. If the CAPE value is lower than the condensation value, use condensation instead."

The CAPE value is lower than the condensation value, which is why condensation is used.

The monitor isn't used anymore in my calculation, the feat was deemed incorrect in a thread I'm not going to look up. Someone else can link it or you can find it yourself.

Only the weight portion is correct. The monitor was not accurate to reality and cannot be used. The actual KE was much lower, Building level from what I remember.

Also, how high they are is completely irrelevant and doesn't change anything. And the monitor isn't showing the ground either, so I don't know what you mean at all.

Thanks for reminding of this feat so I can cross the KE part out.

Note: Your mention on Raven's Storm: "Convective available potential energy (CAPE) for creation of storms. Should be used if clouds are created together with a lot of wind. If the CAPE value is lower than the condensation value, use condensation instead."

The CAPE value is lower than the condensation value, which is why condensation is used.
On the bottom of the monitor screen it says “Ground level.” Like it’s a red line on the bottom that says Ground level on the right corner.

On the bottom of the monitor screen it says “Ground level.” Like it’s a red line on the bottom that says Ground level on the right corner.
I don't see that in my scans and I don't care to look it up.

If true, that's just another point on why using the monitor is incorrect, which isn't be used anymore regardless.

Sorry. Must have taken it wrong. You just seemed upset at having the calcs brought up. Were the mointer calcs debunked for the same reasons I brought up?
What you said would've helped even more, I never notice that at all.

It was debunked based on the fact the speed of the monitor didn't match the speed Penny was actually shown moving Amity, which was far slower.

So it was agreed the monitor wasn't to scale and as such couldn't be used.

What you said would've helped even more, I never notice that at all.

It was debunked based on the fact the speed of the monitor didn't match the speed Penny was actually shown moving Amity, which was far slower.

So it was agreed the monitor wasn't to scale and as such couldn't be used.
There is a way of using the mointer that doesn’t absolutely break everything and still makes sorta sense. There are numbers next to those dots that are values for how high Amity Arena is going. With the ground level now in place, we can determine that Amity Arena is at least rising from a place of 0 for a starting point, with those number determining how exactly far up they are.

My main issue for the mointer was scaling the Amity Arena icon as the exact size of the real thing. It would be like assuming the size of submarine on a rader as a little dot is the exact size it is IRL.

On the topic of debunks, I think the Oscar shield feat is not applicable to maidens and that Salem shouldn’t be given credit to raising that geyser.

For the record people usually say this sarcastically so over text it comes off that way.
This wiki and forum is really my only interaction with the online world.

Outside of an occasional reddit comment. I don't really know a lot of slang or whatever you call it.

I choose to not get involved with anything else.

But I'll try to remember that.

On the topic of debunks, I think the Oscar shield feat is not applicable to maidens and that Salem shouldn’t be given credit to raising that geyser.
Completely agree.

However, I refuse to get involved with RWBY on this wiki anymore. My comments here are a strange whim I can't explain. Once I'm done I can't say when I'll look back here again.

For the record, I still think bomb feats and maiden scaling are completely legit. But I know I'm arguing up an uphill battle here.

Here, we see the shield clearing coming out of the cane. Same cane that did the giant nuke.

You do know that the shield came out of oscar, not the cane right?

The cane is just stockpiled KE, the shield is magic from Oscar

Because oz made the shield in the same way that oscar did

Man, ozpin is such a ******* fraud bro, still can't believe he got owned by Cinder when he's supposed to be this strong ass demi god.

Man, ozpin is such a ******* fraud bro, still can't believe he got owned by Cinder when he's supposed to be this strong ass demi god.
Bro split his power to 4 people and unlike his ass the Maiden never get weaker when the magic fuses with a new soul, unlike Ozpins ass who gets weaker each reincarnation lol

So now bud is weaker then a full Maiden as bro had his magic forcefeild that can survive a low 7-B energy hinting it yet still died ☠

You do know that the shield came out of oscar, not the cane right?

The cane is just stockpiled KE, the shield is magic from Oscar

Because oz made the shield in the same way that oscar did

I had to play the episode on my TV screen, but we can clearly see the shield emerging from the cane’s hilt here.

I had to play the episode on my TV screen, but we can clearly see the shield emerging from the cane’s hilt here.

The cane only has stockpiled KE, not magic like Oscar's magic

Even without holding the cane Oscar made a green bubble forcefield meaning it's his own magic

3:44
Oscar makes his own magic green forcefield meaning it comes from his own magic and ozpin even says as much

"Paula tried to show in this scene (RWBY talking about their situation) that each of the girls are regressing a little bit: Weiss is a little snarky, Yang is a little aggressive, Blake’s a little closed off and.. they tried to show that Oscar is adapting more of Ozpin’s mannerisms because he used that big burst of magic in the previous episode (since they’ve said that’s what it does). He’s walking with the cane more, looking out the window like Ozpin used too. Kerry says that while it might not have been intentional he feels like he can tell when they need that energy. They need a little bit of that ‘headmaster energy’ to come through to kind of motivate and to remain calm while everyone else is struggling and wrestling with themselves."

From the director's commentary.

"Paula tried to show in this scene (RWBY talking about their situation) that each of the girls are regressing a little bit: Weiss is a little snarky, Yang is a little aggressive, Blake’s a little closed off and.. they tried to show that Oscar is adapting more of Ozpin’s mannerisms because he used that big burst of magic in the previous episode (since they’ve said that’s what it does). He’s walking with the cane more, looking out the window like Ozpin used too. Kerry says that while it might not have been intentional he feels like he can tell when they need that energy. They need a little bit of that ‘headmaster energy’ to come through to kind of motivate and to remain calm while everyone else is struggling and wrestling with themselves."

Even if the shield came out of the cane for oscar, the fact that ozpin made his shield by slamming his cane on the ground can be argued as the shield coming out of the cane for him as well

Not that it makes much sense for a shield to come out of a device that has the sole mechanic of stockpiling kinetic energy, but still

Either way you slice it the shield came from the same source in both scenes

Even if the shield came out of the cane for oscar, the fact that ozpin made his shield by slamming his cane on the ground can be argued as the shield coming out of the cane for him as well

Not that it makes much sense for a shield to come out of a device that has the sole mechanic of stockpiling kinetic energy, but still

Either way you slice it the shield came from the same source in both scenes
Yes but on the V8 scene, we clearly see the gears of the cane turn and activate, which we don’t see in the V3 scene. There is also the fact that the lighting in the V8 one is yellow, same color as the main blast.

Yes but on the V8 scene, we clearly see the gears of the cane turn and activate, which we don’t see in the V3 scene. There is also the fact that the lighting in the V8 one is yellow, same color as the main blast.
I mean tbf V3 and V8 have a 5 year release difference. It could quite literally just be something new added or just inconsistencies.

they tried to show that Oscar is adapting more of Ozpin’s mannerisms because he used that big burst of magic in the previous episode (since they’ve said that’s what it does). He’s walking with the cane more, looking out the window like Ozpin used too. Kerry says that while it might not have been intentional he feels like he can tell when they need that energy.

they're talking about the KE nuke, not the magic forcefield

The magic forcefield is from ozpin and Oscar's magic anyways, as shown in vol 7 without the cane needed

they tried to show that Oscar is adapting more of Ozpin’s mannerisms because he used that big burst of magic in the previous episode (since they’ve said that’s what it does). He’s walking with the cane more, looking out the window like Ozpin used too. Kerry says that while it might not have been intentional he feels like he can tell when they need that energy.

they're talking about the KE nuke, not the magic forcefield

The magic forcefield is from ozpin and Oscar's magic anyways, as shown in vol 7 without the cane needed
Can you pull up the quote that Oscar said again about the KE?

In all fairness to my boi, Ozpin, he went that entire fight without Cinder getting a single hit on him and smacking her around with Long Memory till she flared up her power fully and had to exert some effort to break Ozpin's shield and kill him in the end.

Sure he lost, but you can't deny that the man went out swinging like a goddamn champ

Yeah, it's in the bomb calc via using a front shot of Atlas and mantel as reference
You think it is okay to use the longest width from that bomb calc to measure Mantle's length?
Not to lasso you back into this thread and be here longer than necessary, but I don't think that was what Cire was intending with his question. My opinions aside on their suggestion, but I believe what Cire was getting at was adding the values of both CAPE and Condensation together as one whole process.

Back