• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

I hate to be a pessimist here, given that I do genuinely enjoy RWBY for all its flaws, but I honestly have doubts that WB's going to do anything with the IP by selling it to another company or make their RWBY content.

After all these are the same numb nuts who have announced recently that they're going to double down on F2P, live service, and mobile games when Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League has been a monumental flop of epic proportions since it came out in January THIS YEAR. So as much as it's sad to say, WB is the last company I would trust to handle the IP.
Yeah, hope to God RWBY is taken as far away as possible from WB

Yeah, hope to God RWBY is taken as far away as possible from WB
The best case scenario for RWBY's continued existence would be if Crunchyroll decides to buy the IP and either release Volume 10 to test the waters or likely rebooting it and starting from fresh. But the worst case scenario would be it either being shelved entirely or left unfinished....which if that happens then I wouldn't be surprised if people took it upon themselves to make their own fan made ending or do their own thing.

Which wouldn't be too bad because, similar to Sonic, some RWBY fans can be extremely passionate. I mean just take a look at this trailer for a fan made RWBY movie coming out this summer called Dust Queen. It wouldn't surprise me if people got together to do a fan made volume or a reboot of their own.

I wouldn't be surprised if people took it upon themselves to make their own fan made ending or do their own thing.

Which wouldn't be too bad because, similar to Sonic, some RWBY fans can be extremely passionate. I mean just take a look at this trailer for a fan made RWBY movie coming out this summer called Dust Queen. It wouldn't surprise me if people got together to do a fan made volume or a reboot of their own.

To be fair I have my own RWBY project being Dragon Ball RWBY

With profiles already on FCOC

There's probably a universe in the multiverse at large where RWBY is bought by Netflix and an adaptation is released on their streaming service....but even in that universe they'll still cancel it after one season regardless if it's good because they're schizophrenic when it comes to what originals they want to renew or they want to gut.

It's why I don't get invested on Netflix originals, because I'm going to be cynical about it actually continuing onwards or not because their parent company are asses like that

There's probably a universe in the multiverse at large where RWBY is bought by Netflix and an adaptation is released on their streaming service....but even in that universe they'll still cancel it after one season regardless if it's good because they're schizophrenic when it comes to what originals they want to renew or they want to gut.

It's why I don't get invested on Netflix originals, because I'm going to be cynical about it actually continuing onwards or not because their parent company are asses like that
Fr. You'd be lucky if a Netflix lasted 2 seasons before getting cancelled, even with shows that are extremely successful (i.e. Inside Job, Johnny Test, etc.).

Yeah I think Crunchyroll buying the IP would likely be the best case scenario. Also, does this mean that Rwby beyond is not getting released?

From what I've read in discussion threads and thinking it through, it's very likely that if someone buys the IP, they might not continue it, but rather reboot it in some way so as to start fresh. So the current storyline might not continue, at least not on a show.

[The following was said by Kerry during the RT Livestream]

With RWBY, nothing is really different, we're still talking to the same partners, so I don't really have info on that. We will let you know the second we have news. I, with all of my heart and everything I have, want to finish that story. It started over 10 years ago and it’s been a third of my life and I really want to finish what we started. So I really want to do my best.

The JL movies and comics are apparently okay to use, according to a Death Battle and RWBY producer Erin on the DB Champion Cast:

Ben: It was mentioned that we didn't even bring up RWBY/Justice Leauge.
Erin: I kept thinking that chat was gonna bring it up at some point. Like, "surely you'd bring up the CANONICAL RWBY/Justice Leauge movies."
Erin: Through them, you can argue that Ruby is at least on a somewhat comparable scale to Superman at least as far as fighting prowess and speed goes.
Chad: Were those-are those CANON canon?
Erin: Those are canon! Those are canon with a capitcal C.
Chad: Oh I just assumed it was just a fun thing that we did.
Erin: Okay to be fair, it's one of those things that's entierly canon as to what happened in those is true. But is like alternate, like split, like butterfly dimensions.
Ben: What if scenrio, got it.
Erin: In volume 10, Ruby isn't going to talk about her good friend Clark.
Erin: But it is canonical as in you can use those for scaling arguments.
Ben: Wait, so how do the comics like fit in? Like, is that another what if scenrio?
Erin: To my knowledge, that comics are essintaly sorta like that.
Erin: Branching dimensions situation. And it's techincally canon. Neither Clark nor Ruby are gonna talk about their friends in the other universe.
Erin: But um, yeah, certinaly from the sheer number of notes Warner gave us from making their DC characters accurate, I would hope it has some level of canon to them.

Erin: Okay to be fair, it's one of those things that's entierly canon as to what happened in those is true. But is like alternate, like split, like butterfly dimensions.
You missed this part bucko. Still can only be separate profiles with its own feats shown in the movies

Also you’d probably need a confirmation from DC as well, ESPECIALLY the DC people.

I’m not saying it’s canon to mainline DC. Just that Team RWBY would scale to these specific versions of the JL.

I’m not saying it’s canon to mainline DC. Just that Team RWBY would scale to these specific versions of the JL.
No, that’s what I’m contending. They did not say it’s canon RWBY specifically, nor DC. It is simply a branching timeline, in no way does this read “The events that take place in the move/comic are canon to RWBY’s current story.” They go out of their way to directly clarify it is a branching timeline.

Can't we just treat it the same way we treat marvels what if stuff for the mcu?
Somewhat. You could probably just make extra profiles listed under “Ruby Rose (RWBY x DC)”

I’m fine with profiles existing, just not scaling them to the original works

No, that’s what I’m contending. They did not say it’s canon RWBY specifically, nor DC. It is simply a branching timeline, in no way does this read “The events that take place in the move/comic are canon to RWBY’s current story.” They go out of their way to directly clarify it is a branching timeline.
I can see that. What they state, however, is that the events that happen in these What If’s can still be compared to there mainline selves. They also bring up Dragon Ball Super and how they composite the movies, anime, and manga.

I can see that. What they state, however, is that the events that happen in these What If’s can still be compared to there mainline selves. They also bring up Dragon Ball Super and how they composite the movies, anime, and manga.
From what I can tell that’s more of a composite thing than saying they actually cross-scale with each other. Death Battle’s main thing is that they use composite versions and Erin saying “you can use it for scaling” is her essentially saying “It’s a version of RWBY / DC that you could apply to their composite forms.”

Last edited:
Somewhat. You could probably just make extra profiles listed under “Ruby Rose (RWBY x DC)”

I’m fine with profiles existing, just not scaling them to the original works
I mean we give the MCU version of characters and the mindstone powers from what if..?

So I don't see why we can't crosscale like we do there with this

I mean we give the MCU version of characters and the mindstone powers from what if..?

So I don't see why we can't crosscale like we do there with this
You’ll have to show me the marvel profiles so I can better understand what you’re trying to say, not well versed in Marvel

You’ll have to show me the marvel profiles so I can better understand what you’re trying to say, not well versed in Marvel
Purification (Able to cure people who were infected by a quantum virus that turned them into zombies and make them human again[7])

Unknown, at least Large Country level+ (A variant of Ultron in Vision's body casually killed Thanos and melted the Infinity Gauntlet with the Mind Stone,[9] albeit the full extent of its powers are unknown)

From what I can tell that’s more of a composite thing than saying they actually cross-scale with each other. Death Battle’s main thing is that they use composite versions and Erin saying “you can use it for scaling” is him essentially saying “It’s a version of RWBY / DC that you could apply to their composite forms.”
Her pronouns are she/her. But, in a sense, I get what you are saying.

Back