• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Yeah he's super creepy too with that blake toy...bro spent like, a whole ass video laughing at the characters screaming in pain lol
Eww, I can't tell if he would do something like for the sake of trolling or if he was being genuine serious? If it's the later then well, the guy might need to look at some other shows

And yeah Adel has been basically crapping on RWBY since Volume 4, and while a good portion of it is fair, another good portion is also just nitpicking and what he wanted. He barely says anything good about RWBY nowadays and overall his constant negative thoughts about the series is bit too much for me.
I mean to be fair here, people are entitled to their beliefs on the internet and for me personally? If there's a video I disagree with then I don't watch it because I know I won't agree with it.

Still, if all he's done is constantly crap on RWBY then it makes you wonder why he even bothers watches it still. It's like people can watch or play or read what they want, but if it's something you don't get any enjoyment from then why bother to keep going?

I mean to be fair here, people are entitled to their beliefs on the internet and for me personally? If there's a video I disagree with then I don't watch it because I know I won't agree with it.

Still, if all he's done is constantly crap on RWBY then it makes you wonder why he even bothers watches it still. It's like people can watch or play or read what they want, but if it's something you don't get any enjoyment from then why bother to keep going?
Exactly, some people just want to hate watch sadly.

Okay I've sort of lurked around this thread for the last few weeks, but after doing some binging of RWBY (Which, BTW Spinoirr? I was wrong in my assumption about Vol 1-3 being the only good volumes, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from watching Vol 4-8, and subsequently Vol 9 at the moment) I think I feel confident enough to do some discussing of RWBY.

Though if anyone is willing to answer, what exactly did Adel do to RT staff and what sort of bad faith information has he spread?
Eye, nice

Rank your favorite volumes

Eye, nice

Rank your favorite volumes
Hmm, this one is definitely a toughie but I think it goes something like this:

Vol 8>=Vol 3>Vol 9 (as of right now, though it is a kick ass volume thus far and certainly a fresh breath of air after all the pain of Volume 8)>Vol 4 (More of a slow burner volume to be fair, but I like the more slow paced tone and exploring how the fall of Beacon has affected everyone involved)>Vol 7>Vol 6>Vol 2>Vol 5>and then Vol 1 (do note that I don't think Vol 1 is bottom tier bad or anything, but compared to the later volumes it's quite....boring, but it is a good character introduction so it's still watchable).

FYI I want to clarify that I do like all the volumes listed, it's just some are better then others so....yeah.

While I would swap out some of them with others in my own list, it is pretty based of you to put Volume 1 at the bottom.

While it isn't a bad Volume, compared to the rest of the series, it can be a huge snorefest and pretty mid (it serves it's job as an introduction well and sets up a couple of future plot points, but outside of that it can be pretty mid and dull).

Honestly after learning of the Production problems with vol 5 with gray taking people away from working on vol 5 to make gen lock and vol 5 had to be rushed and had to animate it while it was airing yeah I forgive it for the battle of haven, at least we got great character moments and a bad ass fight with raven vs cinder, Yang vs bandits and few more even if they were missing affects and more moments missing

Honestly after learning of the Production problems with vol 5 with gray taking people away from working on vol 5 to make gen lock and vol 5 had to be rushed and had to animate it while it was airing yeah I forgive it for the battle of haven, at least we got great character moments and a bad ass fight with raven vs cinder, Yang vs bandits and few more even if they were missing affects and more moments missing
Raven vs Cinder was so freaking badass dude, I especially love how Raven didn't really use her Maiden powers and still gave Cinder Fall a run for her money in every step of their fight.
Plus why wouldn't I enjoy seeing Cinder getting beat up a little? After the end of Volume 3, I was more then happy with seeing Cinder getting some form of comeuppance.

31f.gif

My ass writing my rwby x dragon ball crossover au and making Ruby and Vegeta parallel one another and them hating each other for 10 years despite having similarities and both being two sides of the same coin of yin and yang, huntress of creation and prince of destruction, Ruby relating to Majin Vegeta when fighting him in kaioken x 100 due to her also bottling up her emotions and insecurities and then exploding when she kept getting inturpeted, both of them have bottled up their emotions to not show any signs of weakness to be the perfect leader/warrior, someone raised to be a hero and someone raised to be a villan, they both at one point all they knew was to he a huntress/ruthless warrior and couldn't handle changing, both of them were changed by Bann's way of fighting just for himself to improve and protect loved ones just because he wants to and not out of justice or duty or to fill in the shoes of someone else

31f.gif

My ass writing my rwby x dragon ball crossover au and making Ruby and Vegeta parallel one another and them hating each other for 10 years despite having similarities and both being two sides of the same coin of yin and yang, huntress of creation and prince of destruction, Ruby relating to Majin Vegeta when fighting him in kaioken x 100 due to her also bottling up her emotions and insecurities and then exploding when she kept getting inturpeted, both of them have bottled up their emotions to not show any signs of weakness to be the perfect leader/warrior, someone raised to be a hero and someone raised to be a villan, they both at one point all they knew was to he a huntress/ruthless warrior and couldn't handle changing, both of them were changed by Bann's way of fighting just for himself to improve and protect loved ones just because he wants to and not out of justice or duty or to fill in the shoes of someone else
Unironically, I've been sort of planning to do my own crossover with RWBY and another franchise I had in mind. It's actually part of the reason why I binged all of RWBY, so I can get as much information as possible to be as accurate as possible

Unironically, I've been sort of planning to do my own crossover with RWBY and another franchise I had in mind. It's actually part of the reason why I binged all of RWBY, so I can get as much information as possible to be as accurate as possible
Profile for Ruby from my crossover au

Profile for Vegeta from my crossover AU (I like the semblance I gave vegeta he gained in the Moro arc)
  • stat equalizer: Vegeta's semblance, when activated, creates a localized zone with an altered set of laws in which everyone within who posses power and speed superior to Vegeta's has their physical strength and speed reduced to instead match that of Vegeta's. This only functions to weaken stronger opponents and does not increase the statistics of weaker opponents. In addition, his semblance prevents opponents from utilizing abilities that would increase their stats to be superior to Vegeta's own. however as shown with Instincts Unleashed Gas when vegeta was barley healed in base, if his opponent is vastly stronger then him then his semblance wont work on them.
Basically Vegeta's semblance can nullify Ruby's semblance and its fits him for wanting a fair fight

Profile for Ruby from my crossover au

Profile for Vegeta from my crossover AU (I like the semblance I gave vegeta he gained in the Moro arc)
  • stat equalizer: Vegeta's semblance, when activated, creates a localized zone with an altered set of laws in which everyone within who posses power and speed superior to Vegeta's has their physical strength and speed reduced to instead match that of Vegeta's. This only functions to weaken stronger opponents and does not increase the statistics of weaker opponents. In addition, his semblance prevents opponents from utilizing abilities that would increase their stats to be superior to Vegeta's own. however as shown with Instincts Unleashed Gas when vegeta was barley healed in base, if his opponent is vastly stronger then him then his semblance wont work on them.
Basically Vegeta's semblance can nullify Ruby's semblance and its fits him for wanting a fair fight
That's actually kind of a nasty ability against certain opponents.

You too? I've been feeling nostalgic for Skylanders, which had given me the potentially stupid idea of "what if Team RWBY landed in Skylands instead of the Ever After?". Now if I can just figure out what Ruby's element would be...

Ruby has her own unique form as well
  • Ultra Synergy: Ultra Synergy is a state which grants Ruby god-like traits, by mixing God Ki with Preservation Energy. By activating more of her godly ki, Ruby's power increases to a whole other level from what it was before, using this form is strong as Perfectred Super Saiyan Blue but without stamina problems of that form. However it can let the user grow stronger with no limit so long as they think about protecting others, as the form is fueled by the desire to preserve life and lets the user use Preservation energy much better
Presentation energy is the energy and light from her silver eyes and power from the God of Light btw

You too? I've been feeling nostalgic for Skylanders, which had given me the potentially stupid idea of "what if Team RWBY landed in Skylands instead of the Ever After?". Now if I can just figure out what Ruby's element would be...
Yeah, my idea was a Sonic x RWBY crossover where Sonic ends up in Remnant before the start of Volume 1 and gets involved with saving the world.

One idea I had, and one that I wouldn't mind some feedback of, was for Salem to utilize the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds and apply it to her Grimm to make things tougher for Sonic and co. I got the idea because, knowing that the Grimm feed off negativity in general, it'd make sense to try to apply negative Chaos energy to them in my eyes

Probably light given silver eyes and God of Light
That's what I was leaning towards, TBH.

For anybody wondering:

• Weiss is water (she mostly uses ice attacks, and ice is part of the water element in Skylanders)
  • Blake is dark (based on her semblence)
  • Yang is fire (don't think I need to explain)
Yeah, my idea was a Sonic x RWBY crossover where Sonic ends up in Remnant before the start of Volume 1 and gets involved with saving the world.

One idea I had, and one that I wouldn't mind some feedback of, was for Salem to utilize the negative energy of the Chaos Emeralds and apply it to her Grimm to make things tougher for Sonic and co. I got the idea because, knowing that the Grimm feed off negativity in general, it'd make sense to try to apply negative Chaos energy to them in my eyes
I am now imaging a bunch of Grimm versions of Perfect Chaos running around, and becoming disappointed that I'll never see that.

I am now imaging a bunch of Grimm versions of Perfect Chaos running around, and becoming disappointed that I'll never see that.
I know right? Though I envision the Chaos empowered Grimm being more badass since they actively feed off of negative stuff while Chaos just absorbed it.
Anyways at the moment, the only characters in Remnant are Sonic himself and Metal Sonic. Though assuming I'm in the mood, I might add in Shadow and Silver and get a whole "Team Hedgehog" thing going on as a fanon team at Beacon

I know right? Though I envision the Chaos empowered Grimm being more badass since they actively feed off of negative stuff while Chaos just absorbed it.
Anyways at the moment, the only characters in Remnant are Sonic himself and Metal Sonic. Though assuming I'm in the mood, I might add in Shadow and Silver and get a whole "Team Hedgehog" thing going on as a fanon team at Beacon
I know a team generator for team names

I got team
SassySASS

I guess it is, if that video is them talking about the DC Comics and not the JL one.

If that’s the case, well I’m making a minor crt later this weekend after I finish up another one so I can toss removing Heat into the thread as well.

It is canon yes
But the statement you're saying to claim it is canon only refers to the first original RWBY comic, and you didnt respond to my last post. Is there anything that links the JL x RWBY comic to the first RWBY comic? Or any statement directly saying that it is canon?

None of this should even be considered canon in the first place

But the statement you're saying to claim it is canon only refers to the first original RWBY comic, and you didnt respond to my last post. Is there anything that links the JL x RWBY comic to the first RWBY comic? Or any statement directly saying that it is canon?

None of this should even be considered canon in the first place
It was co-written by the writers o RWBY, it canonizes multiple events in the RWBY timeline, the writers themselves have diectly stated where it is in the timeline, yes, it is canon ad should be so, it has zero reason to be considered non-canon other than you not liking that is canon

It was co-written by the writers o RWBY, it canonizes multiple events in the RWBY timeline, the writers themselves have diectly stated where it is in the timeline, yes, it is canon ad should be so, it has zero reason to be considered non-canon other than you not liking that is canon
RWBY wiki says it was only written by Marguerite Bennett with no other co-creators to their name.

Such as? Mentioning canon events in a non-canon story doesn't mean its canon.

Again, source? You have yet to show the writers mentioning where it is in the timeline, and even then, thats only referring to where the characters are situated given RWBY has several different arcs.

'It has zero reason to be considered non-canon'
Its literally a Crossover fanfiction that is NEVER referred to in the main show, or guidebooks, or anything else. Theres also a current movie that looks like its going to majorly contradict our characters meeting them before

Until now, you thought it was only canon because of that statement that preceeded YEARS before it. Come on Weekly.

Last edited:
'It has zero reason to be considered non-canon'
Its literally a Crossover fanfiction that is NEVER referred to in the main show, or guidebooks, or anything else. Theres also a current mvoie that looks like its going to majorly contradict our characters meeting them before

Until now, you thought it was only canon because of that statement that preceeded YEARS before it. Come on Weekly.

My Guy, this is literally ONLY about the first RWBY DC Comic, not the Justice League crossover. This preceeded the JL crossover by 2-3 years.

Theres no proof that the RWBY Dc comic and the JL comic are the same continuity, and even then DC branches off into its own multiverse territory.

Heck if we really look into it, the dude only says he wants it to be canon. It literally contradicts itself multiple times on the main series and changes characters almost entirely (the first RWBY DC comics that didn't crossover)

Back