• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Clarification, it was one of the writers for RWBY confirming that the rwby writing r
team worked alongside the writer for the RWBY dc comics, which includes the RWBY JL comic and the current ongoing crossover as they are all written by the same person
No, it doesnt. This is a statemnet made 2 years before the crossover, and just because official sources have to approve all media related to RWBY, canon or non-canon, does NOT ean its canon.

Being written by the same creator too, Its like you cant comprehend that writers are also capable of writing non-canon. Its fanfiction bro, its not canon.

Are you referring to the RWBY x DC Comics crossover you're talking about currently with Jinx? Or was it the one Jinx mentioned previously to me?
Weekly is trying to say that because the first DC RWBY comic was canon (shouldnt be either way but meh), so are the upcoming pieces of RWBY x DC media that follow along with it, even though it would contradict eachother anyway, and feature two sets of the same iteration of characters with 0 recall to these past events.

This includes the absurd notion that Weekly is trying to make a crossover for RWBY canon, even though theres also an upcoming animated movie going through the exact same premises and retellings, but apparently 3 times RWBY have met the Justice League (in ANY capacity), all co-allign with eachother somehow?

Weekly also really wants Blazblue Crosstag Battle to be canon so Ruby can be Multiversal. So...thats just telling.

And they cant actually prove the continuity is the same as the first RWBY DC published comic, so they're clinging to this

Ahem so umm....am I of a unpopular mindset that Vol 4-9 have better fight choreography then most fights from 1-3? I don't know if it was the result of RWBY utilizing motion blur or something else entirely in its fights, but there's something about them which makes the movement extra fluid and the hits very crunchy.

My example would be Qrow vs Tyrian from Volume 4, easily one of my favorite fights in the series bar none

(shouldnt be either way but meh)
copium

Weekly is trying to say that because the first DC RWBY comic was canon (shouldnt be either way but meh), so are the upcoming pieces of RWBY x DC media that follow along with it, even though it would contradict eachother anyway, and feature two sets of the same iteration of characters with 0 recall to these past events.
I'd at least like for both of you to show proof that the upcoming pieces of RWBY x DC media are canon/non-canon instead of you guys just debating in circles for 2+ pages.

Are you referring to the RWBY x DC Comics crossover you're talking about currently with Jinx? Or was it the one Jinx mentioned previously to me?
Yes, Margueritte Bennet wrote the original RWBY DC comic run, the RWBY x JL comic, and the current DCxRWBY crossover comic. The first one is a comic that covers the events between volumes 3 and 4 and sets up how the cast got where they are, the second is a wholly original story that just has characters who are native to Remnant that just vaguely resemble DC characters as part of the cast, and the third is a full on crisis event where the DC and RWBY universes are being fused together

I'd at least like for both of you to show proof that the upcoming pieces of RWBY x DC media are canon/non-canon instead of you guys just debating in circles for 2+ pages.
Bro its a crossover

Crossovers are just automatically non-canon, since its two different IPs with equal oppositions in writer (and not even made by the RWBY creators), unless its stated otherwise, and preferably by both writers of their respective series.

Why are we even trying to say otherwise?

Yes, Margueritte Bennet wrote the original RWBY DC comic run, the RWBY x JL comic, and the current DCxRWBY crossover comic. The first one is a comic that covers the events between volumes 3 and 4 and sets up how the cast got where they are, the second is a wholly original story that just has characters who are native to Remnant that just vaguely resemble DC characters as part of the cast, and the third is a full on crisis event where the DC and RWBY universes are being fused together
vaguely resemble 😭

And these characters dont come to mind whatsoever when the characters actually meet the real incarnations. Yeah, okay.

Now prove they're all the same continuity.

she's just like me fr
IMG_8925.png

Bro its a crossover

Crossovers are just automatically non-canon, since its two different IPs with equal oppositions in writer (and not even made by the RWBY creators), unless its stated otherwise, and preferably by both writers of their respective series.

Why are we even trying to say otherwise?
Because the writers said it is canon, you are the one saying otherwise

vaguely resemble 😭

And these characters dont come to mind whatsoever when the characters actually meet the real incarnations. Yeah, okay.

Now prove they're all the same continuity.
Theres already an entire timeline on the rwby verse page explaining the verse's continuity

Theres already an entire timeline on the rwby verse page explaining the verse's continuity
That you wrote no doubt

Things aren't canon cause you say they are. Timeline clashing aside, you would need to prove that this crossover content actually happened in the show in some form. Its not been mentioned at all outside of its series, theres a whole other movie thats not confirmed anything, and you only thought it was canon cause you dont know how to keep your quotes chronological.

Now please. Stop dodging. Prove the non-canon crossover is actually canon.

Looking at this timeline now too, how tf would the Justice League crossover be BEFORE the actual published RWBY DC comic anyway???

What, its a prequel now? 😭

I wouldn't have to complain about RWBY so much if you genuinely hadn't tricked people into thinking things like this are canon

(You're also super wrong about Ice Queendom, that takes place between V1 and V2. The series literally ends with the V2 Foodfight.)

Oh my god who cares at this point
The main canon of a verse on this wiki needs to be correct right?

Its a major issue that non-canon sources are being established as a basis of power in any sense. Sorry its a headache but why exactly are we trying to count non-canon crossovers here?

Weekly, get a direct statement that the JL crossover, SPECIFICALLY THE JL one is canon. Until that happens, let’s just drop this thing and focus back on doing more important stuff. If he doesn’t get a specific quote, we take it off. Not like it matters in the long run anyway.

Looking at this timeline now too, how tf would the Justice League crossover be BEFORE the actual published RWBY DC comic anyway???

What, its a prequel now? 😭
If you want to look at it like that, sure. Half the extended media for RWBY is prequels to other stuff anyways so it's not like that's a rare occurence.

I wouldn't have to complain about RWBY so much if you genuinely hadn't tricked people into thinking things like this are canon

(You're also super wrong about Ice Queendom, that takes place between V1 and V2. The series literally ends with the V2 Foodfight.)
You'll have to take that up with Miles and Kerry, they're the ones who said its canon.

And yes, IQ is between 1 and 2

You'll have to take that up with Miles and Kerry, they're the ones who said its canon.

And yes, IQ is between 1 and 2
They said its canon-adjacent, which fair enough if its 'Canon', but that just means its sidelined as secondary. they give creative freedom for the producers of IQ to mess with the proper story in ways, and only mainly count the unique story. Either way, Nightmare Weiss and Blake would get their own profile, and this shi just happened in a dream lol

Its...just not though?
I dont know how capable you are to think for yourself but...
'The first two episodes of RWBY: IQ will recap V1 - V2 before kicking things off into a bold new adventure, full of new characters, new settings, new surprises, and (of course) new Grimm.' - (This statement doesnt imply start of v1 to end of V2 either specifically)

RWBY IQ only recapped V1 in those 2 episodes (it was 3, already this is wrong). There wasn't a shred of V2 in these episodes. IQ ended with a direct V2 scene, and directly goes against what happened in V2 by the end of it, like the fact RWBY would have already met Suns team, yet never got introduced by the end of IQ. This was likely just incorrect on their part, cause as you clearly shouldn't be able to argue, theres not a shred of anything in V2 except it ending on the very first episode of that. If i were to guess, they just wanted to clarify that IQ wasn't a reboot (need to ride off more competent writing, even then IQ was meh)
Both ways just possibly can't exist.

Also this wasn't Miles and Kerry, this was Geoff. And pretty sure this statement was written before the series came out, so its likely they wanted to avoid spoilers and instead give the broad sense of establishing 'its a unique story except these first 3 episodes'

It just very obviously takes place between V1 and V2. The whole thing covers Weiss' arc of prejudice of Faunus, which wasn't an issue in V2 whatsoever.
But ofc worshipping RWBY writing and inaccurate statements doesn't get in the way of being able to just logically deduce its wrong.

Last edited:
Jaune would likely be a comic book debater, seeing as how he was shown reading comics in Vol 1 at one point.
But would he be the type to claim that comics beat any medium?
Eh he honestly is likely more into talking about the characters personalities and how cool their powers are, not really caring much on how strong they are (outside of the general "this hero can lift a whole building!")

Honestly none of team RWBY and JNPR seem like huge powerscalers besides maaaayybe Nora and Yang (if she even cares about comic books or tv shows) and to an extent Jaune.

Eh he honestly is likely more into talking about the characters personalities and how cool their powers are, not really caring much on how strong they are (outside of the general "this hero can lift a whole building!")

Honestly none of team RWBY and JNPR seem like huge powerscalers besides maaaayybe Nora and Yang (if she even cares about comic books or tv shows) and to an extent Jaune.
Now the villans on the other hand

Mercury probably has a whole thread on why alien x bests Hal Jordan

Now the villans on the other hand

Mercury probably has a whole thread on why alien x bests Hal Jordan
I can totally imagine Cinder being like that. Simply because I want to see her simp towards powerful villains, and or possibly get constantly jealous at not being as powerful as them.

Actually? This idea could totally be used in RWBY Chibi or something, maybe as some sort of crossover with Death Battle where they commentate an episode or something

I can totally imagine Cinder being like that. Simply because I want to see her simp towards powerful villains, and or possibly get constantly jealous at not being as powerful as them.

Actually? This idea could totally be used in RWBY Chibi or something, maybe as some sort of crossover with Death Battle where they commentate an episode or something
Speaking of which, weren't there plans to make RWBY Chibi profiles?

Wait hold on a second

Why would cinder with half the maiden powers run from Qrow, this just further proves qrow and pro Huntsmen level characters are near maiden levels of power

5:16

Qrow's just built differently, I guess, Though I can't complain, seeing as how he's been one of my favorite characters in the series ever since his introduction, so to see that people like him can comparable to half Maiden levels of power makes the Qrow fanboy inside me happy

Wait hold on a second

Why would cinder with half the maiden powers run from Qrow, this just further proves qrow and pro Huntsmen level characters are near maiden levels of power

I’ve been saying that the Amber fight is good proof that pros and maidens are near each other for a while.

Wait hold on a second

There could be many reasons, most important and obvious one is that rwby writers suck so ******* hard at power levels to the point there are a **** ton of inconsistencies and shit but leaving that aside

1) could be because Cinder just got the powers and thus she isn't confident in using them in a fight against one of the best huntsman in the continent

2) or the fact that a fight with Qrow is bound to let her enemies get a lot of information on her which ***** any plan she did in Vol 1 and 2

3) she didn't know if Qrow was alone and her lackeys obviously won't hold up well against a pro let alone a team of them leaving her to get ganked to death

4) Amber could get up and help Qrow which means they are ******

5) Fight and most likely kill Qrow at the expense of her minions and possibly suffer some injury

I think Blake can be scaled to Adam in the Beacon arc in terms of speed, tbh. She was able to fight alongside him very well in the Black trailer, managed to hold him off for a bit in their first fight, and used her semblance to dodge a bloodlusted strike and get away at the end of their fight. The biggest factor in her loss in their first fight is the fear Adam put into her, causing her to be off of her game. When they fought again at Haven, Blake was able to dodge his stroke mid lunge and smack him down, mostly due to getting over her fear of him.

I think Blake can be scaled to Adam in the Beacon arc in terms of speed, tbh. She was able to fight alongside him very well in the Black trailer, managed to hold him off for a bit in their first fight, and used her semblance to dodge a bloodlusted strike and get away at the end of their fight. The biggest factor in her loss in their first fight is the fear Adam put into her, causing her to be off of her game. When they fought again at Haven, Blake was able to dodge his stroke mid lunge and smack him down, mostly due to getting over her fear of him.
That would be a massive outlier and will never be accepted.

I asked you politely before, now I'm telling you: Stop trying to force upgrades, the stats are fine as they are.

Back