• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Bro did they genuinely make their RWBY crossover fanfiction where Weiss gets Batman and Cyborg to kiss her canon???
They did, yes, though its technically not even a crossover, the 'Justice League' are just a bunch of people who have always existed on Remnant. They even made it extra canon by making Cyborg the reason that Atlas discovered that Dust doesnt work outside the planet's atmosphere, because they tried to send him to space and his ship exploded.
Even though thats been completely disproven from the show, and can therefore be chalked down as a game mechanic?
It is not a game mechanic no, it is the description of the ability

They did, yes, though its technically not even a crossover, the 'Justice League' are just a bunch of people who have always existed on Remnant. They even made it extra canon by making Cyborg the reason that Atlas discovered that Dust doesnt work outside the planet's atmosphere, because they tried to send him to space and his ship exploded.
Its a crossover, that they're somehow making 'canon' but never actually alligning it with the real show no doubt.

Swear they'd make that Fortnite collab they were begging for canon if they acc got it 😭

And didnt RWBY have 2 comics from DC? One was the crossover and the other was just RWBY in the DC style with stuff like Willow and Cardin retconning?
It is not a game mechanic no, it is the description of the ability
Proof?

Cause even then we see she isn't invulnerable in it from the latest volume. Its clearly just a skill-tree-level-up-mechanic

Its a crossover, that they're somehow making 'canon' but never actually alligning it with the real show no doubt.

Swear they'd make that Fortnite collab they were begging for canon if they acc got it 😭

And didnt RWBY have 2 comics from DC? One was the crossover and the other was just RWBY in the DC style with stuff like Willow and Cardin retconning?
Three actually, one was the RWBYxJL thing, one was a comic covering what the cast did between volumes 3 and 4, and then theres the ongoing one
Proof?

Cause even then we see she isn't invulnerable in it from the latest volume. Its clearly just a skill-tree-level-up-mechanic

There isnt even a skill tree mechanic in Arrowfell, they just get a single upgrade halfway through the game

Three actually, one was the RWBYxJL thing, one was a comic covering what the cast did between volumes 3 and 4, and then theres the ongoing one
Is there proof the original DC comic variant is the same as the one where they meet all the DC characters 'reimagined' in Remnant? Cause DC loves doing multiveres. And it blatantly just does not line up with the show despite them needing to force that its canon

Isnt the 3rd series where RWBY meet the Actual Superman/Batman etc and Grimm have invaded Gotham city or smthn? Is that ALSO canon despite the fact that now they're meeting the real DC heroes??? (Miles and Kerry stop ruining your continuity please)

There isnt even a skill tree mechanic in Arrowfell, they just get a single upgrade halfway through the game

Yes, but this is clearly game-skill progression where it just lets the player be immune to enemies while in petal form. The current volume very clearly shows that Ruby can still get knocked and hurt in Petal Form.

Main series canon takes precidence over a game mechanic skill thats not backed up in the show whatsoever and just theres to progress the abilities of the game. Its only the story thats canon in Arrowfell

And what, is the new upcoming film going to be canon ALONGSIDE the comics? Theres just so much here that genuinely does not make sense for them to be canon and yet they genuinely mean to insist any of it in any capacity is canon 😭

Is there proof the original DC comic variant is the same as the one where they meet all the DC characters 'reimagined' in Remnant? Cause DC loves doing multiveres. And it blatantly just does not line up with the show despite them needing to force that its canon
If youre referring to the movie, that is a different thing from the comic, the comic has them literally just having always lived on remnant (Clark and Arthur were schnee dust company workers, victor was a scientist in Atlas, bruce was an atlas rich kid, and barry and diana just existed), whereas the movie has it be the actual justice league, just thrown into the RWBY universe and altered by its (something which is actually weirdly consistent with the current comic run, that RWBY as a universe has law hax that overrides the metaphysical laws of other universes)
Isnt the 3rd series where RWBY meet the Actual Superman/Batman etc and Grimm have invaded Gotham city or smthn? Is that ALSO canon despite the fact that now they're meeting the real DC heroes??? (Miles and Kerry stop ruining your continuity please)

? How do we know which one they were referring to and if they allign?
That is the current run yes. Whether it is canon or not is yet to be seen (But all of the rwby dc comics have been written by the same person, and miles and kerry have confirmed that they helped write all of them, so........)
And what, is the new upcoming film going to be canon ALONGSIDE the comics? Theres just so much here that genuinely does not make sense for them to be canon and yet they genuinely mean to insist any of it in any capacity is canon 😭
That one is a curveball, because apparently RWBY and ORNJ get thrown back in time, but i cant say for certain what is going on with the movie in terms of canon.

to be honest i really don't want to consider the RWBY X Justice league comics canon, mostly for controversy and because its clearly crossover things so they really shouldn't be taken into consideration

however Arrowfell, and the originals Rwby DC comics the ones with only Rwby characters in it, can be taken into canon, since they are basically an "expansion" of the series world

to be honest i really don't want to consider the RWBY X Justice league comics canon, mostly for controversy and because its clearly crossover things so they really shouldn't be taken into consideration

however Arrowfell, and the originals Rwby DC comics the ones with only Rwby characters in it, can be taken into canon, since they are basically an "expansion" of the series world
The struggles of RWBY and DC being owned by the same company, they really can just say stuff is canon and it will be so

If youre referring to the movie, that is a different thing from the comic, the comic has them literally just having always lived on remnant (Clark and Arthur were schnee dust company workers, victor was a scientist in Atlas, bruce was an atlas rich kid, and barry and diana just existed), whereas the movie has it be the actual justice league, just thrown into the RWBY universe and altered by its (something which is actually weirdly consistent with the current comic run, that RWBY as a universe has law hax that overrides the metaphysical laws of other universes)
No i mean the current ongoing RWBY Comic where they're meeting the actual canon Justice League members rather than their variants

Why would this one be non canon (or it making any sort of sense if it was canon alongside everything else), if theyre written by the same people
That is the current run yes. Whether it is canon or not is yet to be seen (But all of the rwby dc comics have been written by the same person, and miles and kerry have confirmed that they helped write all of them, so........)
Above ^

It wouldn't be canon, but if Miles statement is only about the first RWBY retelling (where they go against canon too but w/e) then whats to say that links to the Justice League crossover fanfiction where Ruby and Superman is a ship.
That one is a curveball, because apparently RWBY and ORNJ get thrown back in time, but i cant say for certain what is going on with the movie in terms of canon.
If they get thrown back into time, but are only just being introduced to the Justice League characters Remnant versions, then it surely would completely go against the canon of the comic, since they would have met these characters before

But yeah, Arrowfells story is canon, i know that much, but their video game mechanic skills like being invulnerable (When the show blatantly shows that is not the case) just doesnt seem like it should be used in any capacity.

No i mean the current ongoing RWBY Comic where they're meeting the actual canon Justice League members rather than their variants

Why would this one be non canon (or it making any sort of sense if it was canon alongside everything else), if theyre written by the same people
Yeah, that one is yet to be known, its entirely possible it could be made canon given the aforementioned circumstances, but as it stands it is not
Above ^

It wouldn't be canon, but if Miles statement is only about the first RWBY retelling (where they go against canon too but w/e) then whats to say that links to the Justice League crossover fanfiction where Ruby and Superman is a ship.
Because the quote in question was in regards to the RWBY x JL comic
If they get thrown back into time, but are only just being introduced to the Justice League characters Remnant versions, then it surely would completely go against the canon of the comic, since they would have met these characters before
Oh no, the versions of the Justice League in the upcoming film are the actual justice league from the mainline DC universe, just transported from the DC universe and into RWBY and turned into RWBY characters by RWBY's metaphysics.

Yeah, that one is yet to be known, its entirely possible it could be made canon given the aforementioned circumstances, but as it stands it is not

Because the quote in question was in regards to the RWBY x JL comic
It wasnt. It was about the first Rwby DC comic. Heres Adel aka (RWBY's biggest fan) making a video as soon as it was dropped before Justice league came out
(2nd October 2019 and RWBY x JL released on March 20th 2021)

The comment was in regards to the first RWBY DC Comic. Unless you can prove its the same continuity as the JL crossover (Which i havent read that fanfiction, so there might be something you can use), then its really not confirmed canon (As things should be)

Oh God not this asshole
Yeah i dont like him either but this is the only video i could get on the reaction to Miles just...making everything canon for the sake of trying to fill plotholes or w/e, only to create many more.

The dates add up anyway, Miles statement was way before RWBY x JL was conceived

Last edited:
Yeah i dont like him either but this is the only video i could get on the reaction to Miles just...making everything canon for the sake of trying to fill plotholes or w/e, only to create many more.

The dates add up anyway, Miles statement was way before RWBY x JL was conceived
Again, the writers gave a timeline placement SPECIFICALLY for the RWBY x JL comic, it is canon

But yeah, as goofy as it is, the JL comic is canon, to the point that several major events in the rwby general timeline are canonized as happeinign in that comic

Okay I've sort of lurked around this thread for the last few weeks, but after doing some binging of RWBY (Which, BTW Spinoirr? I was wrong in my assumption about Vol 1-3 being the only good volumes, I've gotten a lot of enjoyment from watching Vol 4-8, and subsequently Vol 9 at the moment) I think I feel confident enough to do some discussing of RWBY.

Though if anyone is willing to answer, what exactly did Adel do to RT staff and what sort of bad faith information has he spread?

Again, the writers gave a timeline placement SPECIFICALLY for the RWBY x JL comic, it is canon
giving it a timeline placement to give a sense of where the character is at doesnt make it canon??? Also again, show the statement

Bro cant be arguing a crossover is canon, especially when the canon statement isnt for the JL crossover like you claimed

Last edited:
Back