• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Just becuase its not protected by aura doesnt mean its less durable than the rest of her body.
Except this was specifically stated by Raven to be a weakspot that her aura can't protect. Aura is what prevents her limbs from being cut off in any capacity, but her Grimm arm is clearly different to her main body since its grimm-based and was given artificially by her. On that basis, its different, and not in contention when it comes to her maiden aspect.
Oscar needed the shield because he was beaten to near death, it didnt kill anyone else other than Hazel due to it directly hitting him, meaning the blast was at its full 187 megatons rather than 3, and Neo literally survived the blast from within Monstra without the bubble shield protecting her and she was completely fine
Everyone else escaped the radius of the blast, and it completely obliterated Salem and Hazel with Oscar still at a close range from its impact. Why wouldn't he have needed its shield even if he was completely fine?

I think it was more we just...don't know where Neo was? Theres no proof saying she no-selled the atatck that literally oneshot the Monstra
You surely cant scale Neo, or anyone to Monstra...

Whatever though im not looking to downgrade the verse rn physically, i just wanted questions answered and i got my answers...

I still want to see what these final revisions are mainly gonna be though

The assumption that Cinder brute-forced the forcefield even though it was no selling her attacks and was done offscreen, only based on timeframes, despite us knowing Ozpin cant just hide behind a forcefield forever and was physically outclassed

This was literally debated for four pages in a previous CRT and agreed to be legitimate. You just disagree with it due to it being offscreen, igoring all of the context that points to this having happened.

The whole Centinel town level thing when they clearly just weakened the foundation underneath the rock rather than applying the force to blow that whole chunk off

So you believe that they just magically made the rocks fall off?

Scaling the maincast to the Colossus or Vine's arms

The Colossus upscales from the main cast, and currently no one scales to Vine's arms as it is just a feat of how much damage aura can withstand, not an actual durability feat
Except this was specifically stated by Raven to be a weakspot that her aura can't protect. Aura is what prevents her limbs from being cut off in any capacity, but her Grimm arm is clearly different to her main body since its grimm-based and was given artificially by her. On that basis, its different, and not in contention when it comes to her maiden aspect.
Cool. Not being protected by aura does not make it less durable than the rest of her body, just that it can be actually harmed.
Everyone else escaped the radius of the blast, and it completely obliterated Salem and Hazel with Oscar still at a close range from its impact. Why wouldn't he have needed its shield even if he was completely fine?
Oscar was beaten to near death, why would he have been fine?
I think it was more we just...don't know where Neo was? Theres no proof saying she no-selled the atatck that literally oneshot the Monstra
You surely cant scale Neo, or anyone to Monstra...
She was shown to have still been within Monstra when he exploded. She doesnt scale fully to the blast since she wasnt at the epicenter but she still withstood it as she was within the blast radius

This was literally debated for four pages in a previous CRT and agreed to be legitimate. You just disagree with it due to it being offscreen, igoring all of the context that points to this having happened.
Cool, I wasn't there, and im not trying to directly downgrade it rn.

I think a claim like this and the fact it is a major scaling point for the verse should just be more evidenced than an assumption.
So you believe that they just magically made the rocks fall off?
I believe Gravity exists yes? The sentinels actively dug into the rock, weakened it, and ergo made the foundation weaker for the shield pillars to fall down. Its literally like the trigger of an avalanche or landslide. The Centinels are fodder grimm, and were used to specifically weaken the ground underneath rather than brute force destroy it.
The Colossus upscales from the main cast, and currently no one scales to Vine's arms as it is just a feat of how much damage aura can withstand, not an actual durability feat
It should be upscaling by a lot, but its whole AP is based purely on its Kinetic energy when moving. None of its dust attacks, or its own hardlight shield, o the fact it genuinely wasnt comparably harmed other than the equivalent of bug-bites, targetting weakspots and direct referencing that they couldn't take the Colossus down physically. No one should really be compared to it at all
Cool. Not being protected by aura does not make it less durable than the rest of her body, just that it can be actually harmed.
And it was, but its very well established that her Grimm arm is a weakspot at getting cut off, and not a main part of her body. I dont see why that also makes it comparable to her maiden powers.
Oscar was beaten to near death, why would he have been fine?
He wouldnt have been able to no sell it even in his healthy state. Like what? This is the same blast that took out Salem for hours.
She was shown to have still been within Monstra when he exploded. She doesnt scale fully to the blast since she wasnt at the epicenter but she still withstood it as she was within the blast radius
I think it should also be said the blast only killed the head of monstra, and his lower half was still around getting disintegrated but we genuinely arent considering scaling the cast to Monstra now?
Or are we going to just assume again that she withstood a comparable amount of the blast when she clearly coulda just been in the other half of monstra that didnt get blown up immediately.

Me and Jinx have a history, a long one, and not a good one. She has always been like this
Its the constant blaming other people for not instantly agreeing with you 100% of the time, while thinking you're this saint whose never been wrong for me...

Like i knew this would happen, you cant discuss RWBY anywhere on this wiki w/o Weekly appearing

Like i just genuinely dont agree with a lot of this scaling? And apparently because of this its just me refusing to believe you?

No Weekly, its the fact the forcefield wasnt actually shown definitively breaking and that we're rating a fodder Grimm that just digs tunnels to town level over the same logic as triggering a landslide and breaking the foundation to specifically avoid physically breaking something. Or trying to definitively scale the main cast to a Colossus based on a calc of its Kinetic Energy (a.k.a through the Colossus' sheer size, which is something much bigger than human sized RWBY chars) when the Colossus very clearly was several leagues in power over the ants trying to chip away at it and exploiting weakspots.

I'd prefer the actual power rankings/abilities, much like the Geist being completely intangible or RWBY resisting Matter/Transmutation Hax, to be absolutely definitive and shown onscreen rather than jumping through so many assumptions and hoops just to try and get RWBY to as high as it possibly can be. So yeah, im critical about a few things. As are many people outside of the Vs Battles wiki

Its the constant blaming other people for not instantly agreeing with you 100% of the time, while thinking you're this saint whose never been wrong for me...

Like i knew this would happen, you cant discuss RWBY anywhere on this wiki w/o Weekly appearing
Jinx, i can admit when im wrong, i regularly do, you on the other hand cannot. I dont care if you talk about RWBY, youre free to do so, we've had both upgrades and downgrades, additions and removals, all since this cleanup project started, and they all went smoothly because the people in it were civil. Its the fact that youre constantly throwing around nonsensical arguments and treating them as gospel while actively belittling anyone who disagrees with you that rubs me the wrong way.

Jinx, i can admit when im wrong, i regularly do, you on the other hand cannot. I dont care if you talk about RWBY, youre free to do so, we've had both upgrades and downgrades, additions and removals, all since this cleanup project started, and they all went smoothly because the people in it were civil. Its the fact that youre constantly throwing around nonsensical arguments and treating them as gospel while actively belittling anyone who disagrees with you that rubs me the wrong way.
Except you've got it completely twisted, i dont know when you've ever admitted you were wrong specifically either

Its a little counterproductive to say i treat my arguments as 'gospel' (I literally just want unambiguous proof rather than taking assumptions), but then also having to rip on them as nonsensical because i genuinely just think the exact same as you.

Like idk why its nonsensical to just not 100% agree with assumptions that are being way too confidently implemented for something we never see or is exactly implied.

Except you've got it completely twisted, i dont know when you've ever admitted you were wrong specifically either
Most threads, its why i ask for full context on stuff before i make arguments and eve then if i misunderstand something i immediately back down.
Its a little counterproductive to say i treat my arguments as 'gospel' (I literally just want unambiguous proof rather than taking assumptions), but then also having to rip on them as nonsensical because i genuinely just think the exact same as you.

Like idk why its nonsensical to just not 100% agree with assumptions that are being way too confidently implemented for something we never see or is exactly implied.
Youre in the wrong place to look for unambiguous proof Jinx, ambiguity is the backbone of Battleboarding, its why so much is up for debate, because very rarely do we ever get concrete evidence for 100% of a verse's feats (And even then if we do get that the writers get accused of being battleboarders themselves because writers almost never just dump super specific feat-centric information on readers)

For example, lets apply your logic to a different part of the series; we dont see Ironwood die on-screen, yet we know that Atlas fell and was destroyed, everyone knows that he couldnt have survived, and Salem and Cinder mocked his imminent death before flying away, but by your logic it is too vague to say that he died and therefore he is without a doubt 100% certain to still be alive .

Most threads, its why i ask for full context on stuff before i make arguments and eve then if i misunderstand something i immediately back down.
Whatever you say
Youre in the wrong place to look for unambiguous proof Jinx, ambiguity is the backbone of Battleboarding, its why so much is up for debate, because very rarely do we ever get concrete evidence for 100% of a verse's feats (And even then if we do get that the writers get accused of being battleboarders themselves because writers almost never just dump super specific feat-centric information on readers)
Except this side of RWBY only seems to want to go for the assumptions that benefit its tiering...instead of possibly facing the contradictory implications. When we should BOTH know how awful RWBY is in its consistency
For example, lets apply your logic to a different part of the series; we dont see Ironwood die on-screen, yet we know that Atlas fell and was destroyed, everyone knows that he couldnt have survived, and Salem and Cinder mocked his imminent death before flying away, but by your logic it is too vague to say that he died and therefore he is without a doubt 100% certain to still be alive .
Theres many things wrong with this tbh, but lets just say sure we can make this comparison

Ironwood is confirmed dead regardless. People were asking for confirmation about Roman and even Cinder after V5. Its a common unwritten rule in a lot of shows to 'never assume theyre completely dead unless the body is shown'. Its not always clear and people dont want to always assume things

I thought he died from the getgo (RWBY killing their only compelling characters omg, RIP Watts) as well, but this example clearly doesnt mean that EVERY assumption you could possibly make from 'ambiguous' endings is just correct. Not like Cinder or Salem didnt say anything on their own assumption, but theyre actual characters.

Its a little different when they actually show Atlas falling where he would be, rather than assuming an exact AP feat that is now scaling to everyone somehow, based on how you think the fight went down. For all we know, Cinder could have killed Ozpin without needing to break the shield, but either way it chalks down to you being someone who is fine with making the assumptions and me wanting things to actually be clearly shown.

Last edited:

So, with the Spider Droid thing, it shoots of small blasts from it's particle cannons. As we all agree that particle cannons are near light speed, would these blasts also be traveling at the same speed as it's huge laser cannon it shoots off later in the fight?

So, with the Spider Droid thing, it shoots of small blasts from it's particle cannons. As we all agree that particle cannons are near light speed, would these blasts also be traveling at the same speed as it's huge laser cannon it shoots off later in the fight?

? Is there anything stated they're particle cannons?

Nothing here really proves its lightspeed

The text of Amity Arena says particle cannons, which means that it is plural. As we can see, the SpideDroidod has other ways to shoot out it's blasts, two on the arm and two with the back cannons. "A ranged unit that has a particle cannon and an attack that causes massive damage. Nobody knows how many of these prototypes were created, but they have been seen in service as security and Atlesian military ranks. Any who dare to go up against it must be careful around its powerful particle cannons." The wording of this also indicates that the particle cannons that it shoots out and the giant laser attack it fires at Adam are two different forms of attack, yet still derive from the same firing source.

The text of Amity Arena says particle cannons, which means that it is plural. As we can see, the SpideDroidod has other ways to shoot out it's blasts, two on the arm and two with the back cannons. "A ranged unit that has a particle cannon and an attack that causes massive damage. Nobody knows how many of these prototypes were created, but they have been seen in service as security and Atlesian military ranks. Any who dare to go up against it must be careful around its powerful particle cannons." The wording of this also indicates that the particle cannons that it shoots out and the giant laser attack it fires at Adam are two different forms of attack, yet still derive from the same firing source.
Only the big laser is the particle cannon, the others are not

Fairs
I dont see anything here that makes it Lightspeed though, you need to prove the laser has light-based qualities like reflection or refraction iirc.
Also doubt RWBY was Lightspeed from the very beginning

Fairs
I dont see anything here that makes it Lightspeed though, you need to prove the laser has light-based qualities like reflection or refraction iirc.
Also doubt RWBY was Lightspeed from the very beginning
We already had a whole CRT proving this lol, though only Adam scales to it as hes the only one who reacted to it

Eh, i think the only decent point for FTL RWBY you got is Winter reflecting the Ironwood laser, and it actually bouncing off (in a non angled way but thats forgivable ig).
The Amity Arena calling it a laser isnt part of the main info-dumping description and instead just used to decribe it in the attack info, seems less connected to the lore.
No one would really doubt RWBY/Atlas dont know about Photons, and invisibility isnt anything new but it overall doesnt really translate to FTL just for having a cloak.
And Hardlight Dust just sorta...seems like its own tangible element compared to making it FTL speeds. Hardlight is different to normal light when hardlight usually refers to just making a solid, physical transparent wall a lot of the time that you can shape and such. Like a 3D printer

Either way if its approved but not implemented then meh im not gonna argue big abt it now

Eh, i think the only decent point for FTL RWBY you got is Winter reflecting the Ironwood laser, and it actually bouncing off (in a non angled way but thats forgivable ig).
The Amity Arena calling it a laser isnt part of the main info-dumping description and instead just used to decribe it in the attack info, seems less connected to the lore.
No one would really doubt RWBY/Atlas dont know about Photons, and invisibility isnt anything new but it overall doesnt really translate to FTL just for having a cloak.
And Hardlight Dust just sorta...seems like its own tangible element compared to making it FTL speeds. Hardlight is different to normal light when hardlight usually refers to just making a solid, physical transparent wall a lot of the time that you can shape and such. Like a 3D printer

Either way if its approved but not implemented then meh im not gonna argue big abt it now
Yeah basically ever argument was made in that thread and it was approved so 🤷

Tbf Silver Eyes is a decent argument too but like, Its also essentially a magic flash of energy/light that specifically acts against the Grimm rather than just smthn like the Solar Flare. Just because the God of Light made it (Light in this concept being used to describe something good/holy) and it eminating a light doesnt necessarily make it LS, but i didnt read that entire thread lol. I dont remember it ever being able to blind anyone normal from looking at it other than petrifying and hurting grimm ppl

Then again Maria did say (Which can also just be interpreted as 'the good side')
It is the desire to preserve life which fuels the light inside you. And make no mistake, it is light. Preservation is an extension of creation, or, at the very least, an enemy of destruction.

Last edited:
Ozpin and Cinder literally traded blows on equal footing, that is a very valid reason for scaling.
Yeah thats Ozpin though, Ozpin is better than the main cast, and acc has the magic to compete with the maiden for the short time. No one would scale to his long memory or forcefield directly from the main cast.

Back