• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

So yeah, just from looking at the trailer and description theyre bare minimum 7-C scaling to the Wyvern, with potential planet level stuff if the description is to be believed:

"Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Vixen are transported to the strange world of Remnant and find themselves turned into teenagers. Meanwhile, Remnant heroes Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang must combine forces with the Justice League to uncover why their planet has been mysteriously altered before a superpowered Grimm destroys everything."

So yeah, just from looking at the trailer and description theyre bare minimum 7-C scaling to the Wyvern, with potential planet level stuff if the description is to be believed:

"Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Cyborg, Green Lantern and Vixen are transported to the strange world of Remnant and find themselves turned into teenagers. Meanwhile, Remnant heroes Ruby, Weiss, Blake and Yang must combine forces with the Justice League to uncover why their planet has been mysteriously altered before a superpowered Grimm destroys everything."
Still could be used for supporting feats. This looks fun

Green lantern literally looks like if Ben Tennyson was a RWBY character lol.

This is one of those times where we'll likely have to ignore theoretical WoG canon statements since it flat out contradicts the series.
Not if it makes RWBY planner tho. They can’t take that dub away from me/s

So she can basically double her AP with Arma Gigas.
I...guess? But it's not really doubling her own AP, it's more like she manifests a creature significantly stronger than herself to assist her in battle. But I guess if she attacked alongside her summon at the same time, you could maybe argue that's an attack over twice as strong as her ap, although that would be a combo attack.

I...guess? But it's not really doubling her own AP, it's more like she manifests a creature significantly stronger than herself to assist her in battle. But I guess if she attacked alongside her summon at the same time, you could maybe argue that's an attack over twice as strong as her ap, although that would be a combo attack.
Still, it's something to think about.

Has anyone calced when Winter deflected Ironwood’s big green beam? Assuming that it’s LS, which I believe it is. Could open some good speed scaling arguments.

I was also looking at Rusty's calc of Salem's sludge geyser and noticed that he used pure water as a basis for the sludge. But, as we all can agree on, Grimm sludge looks much thicker and denser than actual water.

At the 17:41 mark, we can clearly see a half-formed grimm head in the water. Furthermore, when Yang knocks a bit of rubble into the river, it instantly dissolves.

What I am saying here is that this liquid seems to me much thicker than water, but we don't know what it would be equivalent too. The most obvious choice would be tar, but that would not take into consideration the acidic properties.

Futhermore, it must be noted that Grimm actively take their density and weight FROM these grimm pools. Grimm like the goliath which, scaling it to the wooly mammoth, would be around 6 tons. And that is just one monster out of the possible thounsands that it can spawn.

Also, we also have to think about how Salem even commanded that river to cut across miles and miles of dirt and rock to reach the city. It's heavily implied that the trench the river was in wasn't even there before. Salem MADE that with the river.

What do you all think?

What do you all think?
Grim Sludge doesn't exist in reality. Using Tar raises the results by a small amount. Tar is 1150 kg per m^3 while water is 1000 kg per m^3.

Though that density depends on the type of Tar as well. The number varies. Something being acidic doesn't have any correlation to its density.

Water is the safety choice in this case. Especially since viscosity doesn't equal density. Many Oils are more thicker/viscous than water, yet have less density.

Grim Sludge doesn't exist in reality. Using Tar raises the results by a small amount. Tar is 1150 kg per m^3 while water is 1000 kg per m^3.

Though that density depends on the type of Tar as well. The number varies. Something being acidic doesn't have any correlation to its density.

Water is the safety choice in this case. Especially since viscosity doesn't equal density. Many Oils are more thicker/viscous than water, yet have less density.
Thank you. I also have to ask about how much power it would take to even create that river in the first place in addition to launching it up.

Thank you. I also have to ask about how much power it would take to even create that river in the first place in addition to launching it up.
We don't really have a concrete timeframe for how long that river took to make. If it's more than 1 second, we'd have to divide the results by the amount of time it took. Assuming we used fragmentation value. I also checked the Earthquake Salem caused and got around 7-C results.

Which is only a supporting feat given her current rating of 7-B, and likely/possibly 7-A/High 6-C rating in the future.

A possible theory is that Salem started dripping out the goo from Monstra, the big ass whale, when she arrived in Atlas at the end of V7. So, it took about a whole day for her to command that river to flow to Atlas from where the whale was. Let's say about twelve hours?

A possible theory is that Salem started dripping out the goo from Monstra, the big ass whale, when she arrived in Atlas at the end of V7. So, it took about a whole day for her to command that river to flow to Atlas from where the whale was. Let's say about twelve hours?
Well it started at start of night (in February) and was like that at sunrise

So it's more like

Assuming this thing was 1000 km long, 1000 km wide, and 1000 km deep. In case you can't tell, these numbers are meant to be absurd.

That'd give me a volume of 1000000000 km^3 or 1000000000000000000 m^3.

Multiple this by 8 for the fragmentation value of rock, and we get: 8000000000000000000 Joules or 1.91 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain level)

Assuming it took 1 minute. Would be 8000000000000000000/60 = 133333333333333333.3 Joules or 31.86 Megatons of TNT (City level)

I don't think the results are worth it, since I'm pretty sure that thing isn't anywhere close to that big. It's possible it could be that long or longer, if it came all the way from the dragon continent. But we have no real idea when that stuff began to dig through the ground.

Assuming this thing was 1000 km long, 1000 km wide, and 1000 km deep. In case you can't tell, these numbers are meant to be absurd.

That'd give me a volume of 1000000000 km^3 or 1000000000000000000 m^3.

Multiple this by 8 for the fragmentation value of rock, and we get: 8000000000000000000 Joules or 1.91 Gigatons of TNT (Large Mountain level)

Assuming it took 1 minute. Would be 8000000000000000000/60 = 133333333333333333.3 Joules or 31.86 Megatons of TNT (City level)

I don't think the results are worth it, since I'm pretty sure that thing isn't anywhere close to that big. It's possible it could be that long or longer, if it came all the way from the dragon continent. But we have no real idea when that stuff began to dig through the ground.
Thank you for your hard work. I appreciate it.

There is also the issue of Yang managing to blow open Salem's chest. Now, I know some here have stated that Salem is a glass canon due to not haivng aura, but Grimm are not squishy beings of themselves. The toughest can shrug off attacks from Huntsmen like they were nothing, like Kevin the big dragon or Monstra. Futhermore, we have seen people without aura surviving attacks from people with aura. Like how Weiss survived getting blasted by Cinder at the end of V8. Cinder, who we have stated is possible, having an AP of 81.1 gigatons.

Back