• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

If we assume that Hazel was equal to a maiden during his final fight with Salem, and that his physical strikes managed to hurt her, would it be fair to scale Yang's bombs the same way?

There is also the issue of Yang managing to blow open Salem's chest. Now, I know some here have stated that Salem is a glass canon due to not haivng aura, but Grimm are not squishy beings of themselves. The toughest can shrug off attacks from Huntsmen like they were nothing, like Kevin the big dragon or Monstra. Futhermore, we have seen people without aura surviving attacks from people with aura. Like how Weiss survived getting blasted by Cinder at the end of V8. Cinder, who we have stated is possible, having an AP of 81.1 gigatons.
Simple, her sticky bombs are stronger then her normal attacks (as her punches on Salem did nothing) and Salem was toying around until hazel smashed in her head

Also before anyone brings up the ke nuke as a reason they can't scale, we can have the ke nuke be "higher" given it not only killed the whale, not only did it clear those clouds, but it also vaporized Salem and hazel (who according to the calc, would be island/large island level)

what are the names of them?
20221115_232535.jpg
20221115_232508.jpg
20221115_232434.jpg
20221115_232355.jpg
rwby_8_9.jpg
rwby_8_10.jpg
rwby_8_11.jpg
rwby_9_3.jpg
rwby_9_4.jpg

Decided to look at Arrowfell’s items. Since the game has been noted to be canon multiple times, I assume all these items are fair play. The biggest thing that sticks out to me is a potion that restores them to full HP and a ring that revives them in case they die.

Decided to look at Arrowfell’s items. Since the game has been noted to be canon multiple times, I assume all these items are fair play. The biggest thing that sticks out to me is a potion that restores them to full HP and a ring that revives them in case they die.

Probably just game mechanics

I'm not gonna fight it too hard, but if one of the main characters die and don't come back even though they know revive rings exist, then we shouldn't likely take these items seriously (or at least the revive ring).

The existence of revive rings feels too big for something that's not even referenced in the show.

I'm not gonna fight it too hard, but if one of the main characters die and don't come back even though they know revive rings exist, then we shouldn't likely take these items seriously (or at least the revive ring).

The existence of revive rings feels too big for something that's not even referenced in the show.
I see your point. However, if we are just looking at it in a pure versus debate standpoint, then including them would be fair game as it comes from a canon game and the characters could easily carry it around with them. Along with the potions and such.

I feel like it wouldnt be full on resurrection tbh, theyre not even treated as dying in the game itself

I see your point. However, if we are just looking at it in a pure versus debate standpoint, then including them would be fair game as it comes from a canon game and the characters could easily carry it around with them. Along with the potions and such.
That's fine, I'm not completely against it, I just don't want the same situation that happened with Sonic's Soul Resurrection back in 2018/2019 to happen again.

Basically best to establish the limits of what it can do right now.

Haven't play Arrowfell nor watch it, but are those items needed to progress through story (i.e Link needing certain weapons given to him in order to progress through story dungeons) or shown in cutscenes? If not, I do not see why they would be added to the characters' Equipment

Haven't play Arrowfell nor watch it, but are those items needed to progress through story (i.e Link needing certain weapons given to him in order to progress through story dungeons) or shown in cutscenes? If not, I do not see why they would be added to the characters' Equipment
Not really but the fact that they exists in the world and can be used by the characters is still something to keep in mind. Like, you don’t need to use a full restore in a Pokémon game, but you’d still put in the their equipment list as something they have access to and can use.

What was that?
It's a long story...but basically Sonic has an in game ability in Sonic and the Secret Rings called Soul Resurrection that allows him to survive a blow (via utilizing the soul gauge energy) that would normally kill him.

Since it's worded as him reviving, people argued back then that he had full blown resurrection, which is fine since the wording implied it, it's just that since the description was vague and the limits weren't really explained, people decided to use the most extreme interpretations and values. So an ability that just simply allowed Sonic an extra hit without dying in gameplay was assumed to be able to provide Low-Godly resurrection in matches...

There's a little more to it, but the basic gist is that since it was poorly explained and the limits were not explained in Sonic's page, people basically took to the highest most extreme interpretations.

It would be like assuming the revive ring could revive Ruby from being vaporized.

Not really but the fact that they exists in the world and can be used by the characters is still something to keep in mind. Like, you don’t need to use a full restore in a Pokémon game, but you’d still put in the their equipment list as something they have access to and can use.
Since they aren't mentioned in the majority of their canonical appearances, those items are most definitely not a part of the characters' Standard Equipment. Optional Equipment can be argued if the character has owned or used these items for an extended period of time.

It's a long story...but basically Sonic has an in game ability in Sonic and the Secret Rings called Soul Resurrection that allows him to survive a blow (via utilizing the soul gauge energy) that would normally kill him.

Since it's worded as him reviving, people argued back then that he had full blown resurrection, which is fine since the wording implied it, it's just that since the description was vague and the limits weren't really explained, people decided to use the most extreme interpretations and values. So an ability that just simply allowed Sonic an extra hit without dying in gameplay was assumed to be able to provide Low-Godly resurrection in matches...

There's a little more to it, but the basic gist is that since it was poorly explained and the limits were not explained in Sonic's page, people basically took to the highest most extreme interpretations.

It would be like assuming the revive ring could revive Ruby from being vaporized.
Ah okay. I see what you mean. I suppose that just putting the limitation that their whole body still has to be in tact to use it would be fair, right?

Since they aren't mentioned in the majority of their canonical appearances, those items are most definitely not a part of the characters' Standard Equipment. Optional Equipment can be argued if the character has owned or used these items for an extended period of time.
Arrowfell takes place in V7’s montage, which is implied span a matter of months. Thus, it would be reasonable to assume that the four girls had exposure to these items during that wide time frame. Optional equipment, however, sounds fine to me.

Rings that causes resurrection or auto-heal would be considered Magic in Remnant. They certainly wouldn't be mass produced and openly sold on shops.
Has game mechanics written all over it. You can also buy "skill points".

Rings that causes resurrection or auto-heal would be considered Magic in Remnant. They certainly wouldn't be mass produced and openly sold on shops.
Has game mechanics written all over it. You can also buy "skill points".
I mean it doesn’t have to be magic. There are ways of naturally recovering aura, along with machines that can transfer aura. Jaune’s semblance can even boost aura. Furthermore, Pietro has created life with his technical skills and a bit of his aura. Atlas is also the most technologically advanced society in Remnant. Thus, it’s not that much of a stretch to imagine that they have developed tech to recover aura/give you a boost of it when you are about to die.

There are large machines in secret labs that transfer aura. Aura recovers naturally (with inconsistent speed, sometimes extremely quickly), get boosted through a Semblance, or get siphoned through specific Grimm.
But portable ring-sized Aura batteries sold on shops isn't part of the world building, and lore-wise wouldn't make sense for characters (such as the Ace-Ops) to not carry several of them.

Though I am fine with it being optional equipment that recovers Aura. But not something that resurrects or directly heals.

There are large machines in secret labs that transfer aura. Aura recovers naturally (with inconsistent speed, sometimes extremely quickly), get boosted through a Semblance, or get siphoned through specific Grimm.
But portable ring-sized Aura batteries sold on shops isn't part of the world building, and lore-wise wouldn't make sense for characters (such as the Ace-Ops) to not carry several of them.

Though I am fine with it being optional equipment that recovers Aura. But not something that resurrects or directly heals.
So perhaps revive rings, when the person wearing them loses their aura, automatically restores them to half aura, thus giving them an “extra life.” I’m not completely on board with it but I’m willing to compromise.

Arrowfell takes place in V7’s montage, which is implied span a matter of months. Thus, it would be reasonable to assume that the four girls had exposure to these items during that wide time frame. Optional equipment, however, sounds fine to me.
No, Penny's dad said they were in Atlas for a "few weeks" after that and vol 8 takes place in 2 days

It was confirmed that lighting dust is made with natural elements, right? I'm asking because Weiss deflected multiple dust blasts from Vernal in their fight in V5.

In the guidebook, it says that Vernal fires lighting dust. Going off from the straigh and lasery nature of her projectiles, one has to assume that she is using pure lighting dust. Thus, Weiss deflecting multiple shots from her would be grounds for MHS stuff, right?

Viable but wouldnt yield anything better than the stuff he scales to

Less viable, scaling to lightning dust as an MHS feat only works if its used in its raw form, like how Hazel uses it, not in bullet form
Well, in the video, Winter manages to put up a glphy to block the beam AFTER it has fired. This is notable since, at this point in the seires, we can reasonably say that main cast Team RWBY can scale to her. Like, going frame by frame, we can see Winter move to put up the glphy right as it is about to hit her. I feel bad for asking people to calc things for me all the time. It's just that I'm bad at math.

Well, in the video, Winter manages to put up a glphy to block the beam AFTER it has fired. This is notable since, at this point in the seires, we can reasonably say that main cast Team RWBY can scale to her. Like, going frame by frame, we can see Winter move to put up the glphy right as it is about to hit her. I feel bad for asking people to calc things for me all the time. It's just that I'm bad at math.
Oh i thought you were talking about using Vernal's lightning dust as MHS support. Winter blocking ironwood's laser would be Rel support

Back