• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

*Arrowfell stuff
*Update Monstra's calc
*Update the Feilong calc
*Yang Analytical Prediction
*Penny lightspeed stuff
*Nora yeeting yang into the stratosphere
*the centinels feat from volume 8
*the blind worm novel feat
*yang's manga punch feat
*possible lifting strength feat for oobleck blasting paladins with Zwei
*updating adam's Black trailer moonslice with pulverization
*calcing vine's carrier ship lifting feat
*calcing carmine's sandstorm feat
Also updating the Atlas page.

Yang's manga punch?
20210711_224904.jpg

Yang making the explosion in the top panel with a single punch

While it would downgrade the Maidens and Salem, they still have the Tempest calculation it seems like. So High 7-C to Low 7-B at the worst.

This also has no effect on any characters that don't scale to the Maidens, so I don't know why it effects the whole verse. Unless I'm missing something?
Nah I was talking about the Pro Huntsmen characters who are Low 7-B for downscaling. Which to be fair is a lot of profiles but whole verse was a bit of an exaggeration.

I wouldn't count those stories as a good source of feats TBH. One of them has a story about how Yang became big and naked while another had Yang punch out a world-destorying metor Weiss summoned.
Theyre stated by the writers to be canon so

Plus those two stories in particular are literally dream sequences

Here's what I got from the RWBY wiki.

The Manga anthologies are stated, by Kerry and Gray, to be "very much in tune with the show" and that "very minimal feedback had to be given on canon stuff". They explained the collaboration process in which as they got early versions of the stories and gave the artist feedback saying "oh this isn’t canon, do this instead" and mentions that a lot of the moments that they came up with for the books where things that they maybe could've shown if they had a little more time in the show. [5] Due to this, it is ambiguous as to whether the Anthologies are canon or not.

• Miles Luna later describes the Manga Anthologies to be like "awesome fanfiction" that they loved and were happy to share with the fans. [6][7]
    • When asked if the RWBY and JNPR Manga Anthologies were to be considered canon in any way, Homesha stated, "Maybe, maybe not.", leaving it ambiguous. [8]
    • When asked if the RWBY Manga Anthology was considered canon to the main storyline, Homesha responded saying he had no idea. [9]
So, I think it's in a weird gray area.

I just looked it up and the general idea is that they are canon unless they directly contradict the main show. So, if anything else in this story isn't totally out there, it's fair.
Ye, and since theyre set throughout the Beacon arc which canonically has a LOT of jumps in time (The Beacon arc literally takes place over a year and a half) its very easy to just fit it in alongside stuff like The Session (takes place between Volumes 1 and 2), Ice Queendom (Takes place during Volume 2), and Grimm Eclipse (Takes place between Volumes 2 and 3)

Here's what I got from the RWBY wiki.

The Manga anthologies are stated, by Kerry and Gray, to be "very much in tune with the show" and that "very minimal feedback had to be given on canon stuff". They explained the collaboration process in which as they got early versions of the stories and gave the artist feedback saying "oh this isn’t canon, do this instead" and mentions that a lot of the moments that they came up with for the books where things that they maybe could've shown if they had a little more time in the show. [5] Due to this, it is ambiguous as to whether the Anthologies are canon or not.

• Miles Luna later describes the Manga Anthologies to be like "awesome fanfiction" that they loved and were happy to share with the fans. [6][7]
    • When asked if the RWBY and JNPR Manga Anthologies were to be considered canon in any way, Homesha stated, "Maybe, maybe not.", leaving it ambiguous. [8]
    • When asked if the RWBY Manga Anthology was considered canon to the main storyline, Homesha responded saying he had no idea. [9]
So, I think it's in a weird gray area.
Ye, the Beacon arc took place over a year and a half but barely covered anything done outside of the main meat of the story, the Anthologies and other supplementary media are all things that were done but just never got shown in the show itself

Ye, the Beacon arc took place over a year and a half but barely covered anything done outside of the main meat of the story, the Anthologies and other supplementary media are all things that were done but just never got shown in the show itself
Got it. Just wanted to let you know. Though, that explosion from Yang looks massive. Like, reaching to the tops of mt. Glenn. Mountain level Yang lol?

According to my timeline I made for rwby this is the dates for the Beacon Arc

Age 754, August 25th to August 28th: Yellow, Black trailers and Cinder, Emerald and mercury attack amber, cinder takes half the maiden powers and teams up with adam

Start of RWBY (Volume 1) (Age 754, August 29th to November 3)

Volume 2 (Age 754, November 17 to November 27)

Volume 3 (Age 754, December 4 to December 7th (ruby wakes up after the fall of Beacon)

Age 754, August 25th to August 28th: Yellow, Black trailers and Cinder, Emerald and mercury attack amber, cinder takes half the maiden powers and teams up with adam

Volume 3 (Age 754, December 4 to December 7th (ruby wakes up after the fall of Beacon)
Someone on the discord said it was about a year since the Vyltal Tournament happens between school years.

And then theres the Grimm Campaign which happened two years before Volume 1 and Roman Holiday which happened three to five years before volume 1

*Arrowfell stuff
*Update Monstra's calc
*Update the Feilong calc
*Yang Analytical Prediction
*Penny lightspeed stuff
*Nora yeeting yang into the stratosphere
*the centinels feat from volume 8
*the blind worm novel feat
*yang's manga punch feat
*possible lifting strength feat for oobleck blasting paladins with Zwei
*updating adam's Black trailer moonslice with pulverization
*calcing vine's carrier ship lifting feat
*calcing carmine's sandstorm feat
Also ice queendom stuff too and Penny lifting strength via stopping the truck

So just need to get these evaluated. What’s left after that to add to the CRT?
*Intelligence rating upgrades for the whole verse and updated profiles (like how penny's is)
*Ruby having limited Instinctive Reaction
*All characters having Accelerated Development (Training: Physical Statistics and Abilities)
*All characters gaining Awaken power via evolving their semblance
*The gods having likely Inorganic Physiology

As well as anything weekly has mentioned

*Intelligence rating upgrades for the whole verse and updated profiles (like how penny's is)
*Ruby having limited Instinctive Reaction
*All characters having Accelerated Development (Training: Physical Statistics and Abilities)
*All characters gaining Awaken power via evolving their semblance
*The gods having likely Inorganic Physiology

As well as anything weekly has mentioned
Have anybody started planning out how the Intelligence for all the characters will be. (Like did a Sandbox)

Wasn’t there a thread for Ruby getting Instinctive Reaction but didn’t go through

Why do all characters get Accelerated Development?

Have anybody started planning out how the Intelligence for all the characters will be. (Like did a Sandbox)
There have been a few but its going to be for the whole verse alongside a blog explaining the skill scaling chain
Wasn’t there a thread for Ruby getting Instinctive Reaction but didn’t go through
No but that was going to be part of the revision as well
Why do all characters get Accelerated Development?
The majority of the cast have gone through multiple training arcs where they get significantly stronger and faster and unlock new abilities in short periods of time just by training

No but that was going to be part of the revision as well
The majority of the cast have gone through multiple training arcs where they get significantly stronger and faster and unlock new abilities in short periods of time just by training
Although they are undoubtedly growing stronger through training, does that actually meet the criteria for AD? Otherwise, many anime characters would get this ability through training arcs. Unless it was stated that their growth unnatural, it is rather normal for them to gain stronger through their numerous training arcs.

Although they are undoubtedly growing stronger through training, does that actually meet the criteria for AD? Otherwise, many anime characters would get this ability through training arcs. Unless it was stated that their growth unnatural, it is rather normal for them to gain stronger through their numerous training arcs.
Given the fact they are basically second years who are now as strong as graduated pro Huntsmen I say that's enough for it

Does anyone want to take a crack at calcing the Centinels feat from Volume 8? The one where they fragmented part of the ground to take down the shield generators?

Either I did something wrong and haven't noticed it yet...

Or I just got a massive feat. From when Salem shoots up the Grim pool from the bottom of Atlas to destroy the shields.

Will need to wait for an evaluation before anything else. But this feels like an outlier as of now. Though if RWBY gets future feats on this level. It has support.

I legit did a spit take when I saw the results as I was doing this.

Either I did something wrong and haven't noticed it yet...

Or I just got a massive feat. From when Salem shoots up the Grim pool from the bottom of Atlas to destroy the shields.

Will need to wait for an evaluation before anything else. But this feels like an outlier as of now. Though if RWBY gets future feats on this level. It has support.

I legit did a spit take when I saw the results as I was doing this.
This would only apply to Salem's magic tho, not even to her physically

If it’s not an outlier, this might also be an additional feat for her Telekinesis since she controlled and directed the pool from so far away as well as her lifting strength with it.

If it’s not an outlier, this might also be an additional feat for her Telekinesis since she controlled and directed the pool from so far away as well as her lifting strength with it.
Large Island level RWBY let’s goooo/s (……But it should be noted that Yang was able to blow Salem’s chest open, sooooo)

Back