• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Vol 9 General Discussion Thread: Multiverse Of Therapy

Lasers/light can indeed produce force and even hold incredibly tiny objects in place.

Fiction can obviously make this force be far more powerful, but just having force doesn't mean it can't be light. Also while I do have questions for Penny's lasers...

I'll just wait until the CRT, where all the evidence will be laid out. I'd rather not draw anything out with pointless questions that'll most likely be answered there.

A small RWBY CRT should probably be made.

The Monstra calc apparently had a mistake that inflated the results? The OP changed it and now the results are 8-B+.

I'm not knowledgeable about this calc. Embarrassingly enough, I can't understand what the blog is doing in the first place. But I feel like there should be some kind of discussion to see if the calc is wrong or not. Maybe get some calc group members to take a look at it and the original calc, to see which one is more accurate?
Has this been looked at yet? Is the calc wrong or is Monstra actually City Block level?

Screenshot_20230202-124916_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20230131-002524_Discord.jpg

You get zero context what's going on in this rwby server

Another QnA:

Keypoints (once again copied off Discord):
  • RWBY reactors can still do reaction videos on RWBY Volume 9 despite the move to Crunchyroll.
  • RWBY can be viewed anywhere in the world where Crunchyroll is available.
  • RWBY Volume 9 won't be available in Asia when it premieres, but there will be a big update on how RWBY Vol 9 can get distributed to Asia.
  • RWBY Volume 9 will have subtitles for 10 different languages and additional languages will be added regularly.
  • Japanese Dub for Volume 9 is being planned.
  • RWBY content will NOT be available on Funimation.
  • Episodes of RWBY Volume 9 will have an average runtime of 18min 52sec, including opening and credits.
  • There are no comments on future volumes, spin-offs, adaptations, etc.

When I first saw this, I somehow misread Funimation as Fortnite. Why am I like this?

Another QnA:

Keypoints (once again copied off Discord):
  • RWBY reactors can still do reaction videos on RWBY Volume 9 despite the move to Crunchyroll.
  • RWBY can be viewed anywhere in the world where Crunchyroll is available.
  • RWBY Volume 9 won't be available in Asia when it premieres, but there will be a big update on how RWBY Vol 9 can get distributed to Asia.
  • RWBY Volume 9 will have subtitles for 10 different languages and additional languages will be added regularly.
  • Japanese Dub for Volume 9 is being planned.
  • RWBY content will NOT be available on Funimation.
  • Episodes of RWBY Volume 9 will have an average runtime of 18min 52sec, including opening and credits.
  • There are no comments on future volumes, spin-offs, adaptations, etc.

When I first saw this, I somehow misread Funimation as Fortnite. Why am I like this?
Honestly shocked rwby hasnt been put in fortnite yet

maybe this is my guess, but i think based on the runtime and the number of the episodes

that the crew based this volume like Primal, i mean the structure, not the else

So, overall, how legit is lightspeed in RWBY, in your guys’ opinion? I know the CRT is coming out, whenever that will be or who is doing is, but I just want to get a brief survey.

So, overall, how legit is lightspeed in RWBY, in your guys’ opinion? I know the CRT is coming out, whenever that will be or who is doing is, but I just want to get a brief survey.
So I'll admit, I'm not very good with calcs and whatnot, so I guess as long as the reasoning makes sense to me, it should be fine.

The biggest, and probably the most contentious thing, is whether or not Penny’s lasers are light speed IMO.
Probably. But I believe dealing with the issue regarding the Monstra calc is more important. As if it is actually City Block level it will cause a downgrade to the whole verse.

Probably. But I believe dealing with the issue regarding the Monstra calc is more important. As if it is actually City Block level it will cause a downgrade to the whole verse.
Personally, I've changed my mind on small city RWBY and settled on them being town, as that has much firmer scaling due to Cinder's feat of melting Amity Arena and Penny busting down those hanger doors.

While it would downgrade the Maidens and Salem, they still have the Tempest calculation it seems like. So High 7-C to Low 7-B at the worst.

This also has no effect on any characters that don't scale to the Maidens, so I don't know why it effects the whole verse. Unless I'm missing something?

And I'm 100% sure that 8-B result is complete bogus. Doing my own calc, I'm still getting Tier 7 results.

This the same method I used to find the Nevermore's weight.

Monstra Length = 8112.93 m

Sperm Whale Length = 18 m

Sperm Whale Weight = 57 Metric Tons or 57000 kg

(8112.93/18 )^3*57000 = 5.2190388e+12 kg

Remove 99% of this weight to account for hollowness.

Monstra Weight = 52190388000 kg

Speed = 462.36 m/s

Kinetic Energy = 52190388000*0.5*462.36^2 = 5578546275405302 Joules or 1.33 Megatons of TNT.

I personally don't know how to take into account how hollow Monstra is, but I highly doubt that the weight would be lower than this.

The 8-B calc has Monstra's weight at only 3168 Metric Tons, which is absurd given that things massive size. That's only 56X heavier than a Sperm Whale and slightly over 21X heavier than a Blue Whale. The Blue Whale has a length of 33.5 m, while Monstra is 8112 m. Monstra is over 200X bigger than a Blue Whale.

Monstra would weigh less than most modern cruise ships if this was true.

Note: Giant Humans that are around 60 meters weigh around 3000 Metric Tons. So how can a creature that is over 8000 meters be comparable to something that small?

So just need to get these evaluated. What’s left after that to add to the CRT?
*Arrowfell stuff
*Update Monstra's calc
*Update the Feilong calc
*Yang Analytical Prediction
*Penny lightspeed stuff
*Nora yeeting yang into the stratosphere
*the centinels feat from volume 8
*the blind worm novel feat
*yang's manga punch feat
*possible lifting strength feat for oobleck blasting paladins with Zwei
*updating adam's Black trailer moonslice with pulverization
*calcing vine's carrier ship lifting feat