• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Rwby CRT: Ultra instinct ruby?

Spinoirr

He/Him
Should ruby have Limited Instinctive Reaction?

Ruby Rose zooms past with her Semblance, heading straight toward Lie Ren who is meditating in front of a pillar. She splits into three red blurs, which all go around Ren and the pillar, before merging into one blur and becoming Ruby again.

Oscar: Have you always been able to do that?

Ruby peeks out at him from behind the pillar and then walks over to him.

Ruby: (panting) I don't know. I don't normally think it through that much.

- from a night off (vol 7, episode 6)

She instinctively uses her semblance to avoid getting punched by yang in their sparing match

Last edited:
"After the fall of Beacon, Ruby's control over her Semblance has improved. As shown in the "Volume 4 Character Short", she can repeatedly change directions in midair and attack at high speed. She also somehow exhibits the ability to seemingly burst into three separate clusters of rose petals which then flow around an opponent before reforming, or even turn into a slow-moving cloud of rose petals in the same short. The exact mechanics of this ability, however, are not yet clear, and in "A Night Off" Ruby herself admits that she doesn't really think about it when she performs this action." - rwby wiki

Ruby Rose zooms past with her Semblance, heading straight toward Lie Ren who is meditating in front of a pillar. She splits into three red blurs, which all go around Ren and the pillar, before merging into one blur and becoming Ruby again.

Oscar: Have you always been able to do that?

Ruby peeks out at him from behind the pillar and then walks over to him.

Ruby: (panting) I don't know. I don't normally think it through that much.

- from a night off (vol 7, episode 6)
Is there more context to that? sounds like Oscar is asking if her speed semblence could split into three like that.

Imo the video just shows Ruby getting afraid of yangs hit then dashing away with her semblence, I do understand you're interpretation tho.

"After the fall of Beacon, Ruby's control over her Semblance has improved. As shown in the "Volume 4 Character Short", she can repeatedly change directions in midair and attack at high speed. She also somehow exhibits the ability to seemingly burst into three separate clusters of rose petals which then flow around an opponent before reforming, or even turn into a slow-moving cloud of rose petals in the same short. The exact mechanics of this ability, however, are not yet clear, and in "A Night Off" Ruby herself admits that she doesn't really think about it when she performs this action." - rwby wiki
The rwby wiki basically explains the context better

Fair enough, i don't think it'll be really combat applicable until its further elaborated on but i do love making profiles beefy so something like, Limited Instinctive Reaction without thinking Ruby will occasionally split into three while in semblence? doesn't seem to out there.

I agree with what Loyd has said that doesn't seem super far out there

In the episode she explains when she turns into a cloud of Three molecules clouds she doesn't think about moving or splitting apart when she is just a cloud of her molecule as said above in the quote from the episode

Back