• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY - Upgrade, Consistency is real

Why PMMM vs RWBY and not RWBY vs Soul Eater (Finally, and with Ruby's speed advantage... Death Battle can safely do Ruby vs Maka without being called out by the vs battles community)

Although, maybe we could throw Jaune a small bone and scale him to the building level feats. I'm sure he's improved enough by now.

I take back my attempted high hypersonic lightning feat; I just hope this is an official upgrade for RWBY.

Calc looks good to me. Accepted.

And maybe now Cinder can be scaled to the Grimm Dragon?

I mean, it's seriously unlikely that Cinder isn't considerably stronger than first year beacon students.

Related to the subject of RWBY; shouldn't Ruby be listed as "Unknown with Silver Eyes", given that Silver Eyes is a hax technique that seems to be unlinked to durability and AP?

I don't agree on scaling the dragon to other characters that never fought it.

I also think the first calc (the earthquake one) didn't have indications of a true earthquake in the episode and thus shouldn't be considered, really.

I'm fine with the others and the high end on Nora's attack

@Promestein, we don't know much about it yet so scaling should be fine for now, since she still "defeated" it

Promestein said:
Related to the subject of RWBY; shouldn't Ruby be listed as "Unknown with Silver Eyes", given that Silver Eyes is a hax technique that seems to be unlinked to durability and AP?
Agreed on this actually. We have no idea what her powers really does, so it would be best to leave it at "Unknown". Well imo at least.

So are people accepting the low end (CB) or high end (MCB)? I don't like making the students MCB, but I approve 100% for the teachers + Cinder.

Hfhfdgdg said:
So are people accepting the low end (CB) or high end (MCB)? I don't like making the students MCB, but I approve 100% for the teachers + Cinder.
Actually, Weiss's MCB has no high end or low end it's just straight up MCB. And the Nevermore's feat has a mid end of MCB.

Question before I add my input: do people consider the Nevermore to be superior to the individual students still? I only ask since the nevermores have only been shown taken down by the efforts of several students. (About Weiss, but it is basically nit-picking: she claimed to be the top in her sparring class, so... okay I'll stop right there XD)

If so, I will accept students being "At least 8-B", but otherwise, they should likely be upgraded to "8-A".

I consider the KE of Nevermores to not be applicable to several characters that aren't physical tanks but it doesn't matter as per the name of this thread, because there are multiple consistent MCB feats by several types of fighters shown (Nora, Weiss, Nevermore)

I'm not sure about 8-A RWBY students, but "At least 8-B" is without question. I have never seen the MCB calc for Weiss, so could someone show me?

It is time for some corrections:

For part 1, you calculated the magnitude to be about 3.406762 (if M is magnitude). Plugging the value into the seismic calculator gives me about 8.131e9 joules, or 1.943 Tons of TNT.

For part 2, violent fragmentation of concrete states that the chunks of rocks must be under a certain diameter (about 20cm in diameter). This means that Yatsuhashi's value would have to use just fragmentatio of concrete, not violent fragmentation.

The fragmentation of cement/concrete is 6j/cc. Applying this value instead of violent fragmentation gives us (6/20)(2.65 tons TNT) = 0.795 tons TNT.

Also, for the very last part, Weiss could have frozen the water vapour in the air instead of actual nitrogen. We would have to then find the humidity from the air (there should be some data on this on Google), and then find the energy took to freeze that amount of ice. I'm just thinking that freezing actual nitrogen instead of water is highballing as **** because Weiss is going to get major frostbite if the temperature around her goes down to -210 degrees.

Crazystarf said:
I'm just thinking that freezing actual nitrogen instead of water is highballing as **** because Weiss is going to get major frostbite if the temperature around her goes down to -210 degrees.
with water density... the result are really high

Actually, freezing just water yielded a lower result, around 30 something tons of TNT. Water only has to go down to 0 (maybe -10 for leeway) to freeze; however, MAPSK already considered this. Sticking with nitrogen for now.

Also, if anyone is confused about the value he got for the Grimm dragon, he used this calculator to find seismic moment energy. The Grimm dragon DC is derived from this.

http://alabamaquake.com/energy.html#/

Crazystarf, for the freezing feat, there isn't enough water available in the air to create such a large mass so nitrogen (much more readily available) is instead used.

WeeklyBattles said:
I think we have enough people in agreement for this to be implemented.
And... who is going to make the edits?

Because this applies to... Everybody (even the weaker ones need the upgrade to Large Building or even City Block)

Well...you're talking to a cleanup member, and it's kinda my job to fix things. Just say the word and i'll add them.

So other than Alakabamm dissagreeing with the Dragon Part, everyone has to agreed to this and has already set the upgrades, it seems.

Do we keep this open or closed?

Back