• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Storm revision.

Yeah your right, I didn't look it over that closely I just saw cave shaking and assumed. My mistake, so with this the maidens, ozpin and salems tier would be at least low 7c

I don't get how the calc works though, so you would need someone to check it. I definitly don't know a formulat that goes with this tough.

For one, the area is definitly not m^2, I have no idea where the 112 comes from, where the other pixel scaling beyond Cinder comes from (for all I know he could have mesured a wrong part), so I really feel stuff needs to be clarified for that.

Schnee One said:
Probably not to be honest, since they still scale from baseline
Well... I always felt that Maidens being millions of times stronger is really meh.

But this is beyond my expectations.

That happened in the Vol 6 flashback

We didn't use it because we have no idea if that required regen or not

Why would we not assume she tabked it? Her regenning shows her visibly glowing while healing herself but she did not do so after being hit

Okay so like what was the problem with Raven's feat, at all

We know that the storm starts and we don't see it on screen, then it's on screen because the clouds and the winds and whatnot are pulled in

It's rough but I don't see why we need to immediately yeet them to like High 8-C first sign of trouble

KE is impossible because:

-You visibly see clouds appearing out of nowhere, on screen

-Clouds in the backround stay stationary while the storm is made

Calculating the rotational speed for the storm is also nigh-impossibly:

-Because the clouds don't all move at the same speed

-It's quiet difficult to guess the speed correctly

-When you get the close up to Vernal, you see the clouds in the background are really slow, slower than real clouds I saw in my life

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't be summoning that storm, because there sure didn't seem enough clouds to do that at all (and visibly form under a cloud, which remains unmoving all throughout the animation).
I'm not sure how much movement was done to be honest... it's pretty hard to time with it happening in the same second, but you see the first storm clouds form.

After that, you see some other clouds form more by the center, and ther before made and newly made clouds join. Later, again, more clouds appear and merge with the others. There is some movement, yeah, but saying that all of the clouds came from the edge to the middle at full speed seems pretty eh.
DMUA said:
And that's not even considering the fact that this was all before storm revisions when it was pointed out that clouds go way beyond the horizon and we should instead use the visibility cap of 20 KM, which is something I've kinda mulled over
feat's wack
You agreed to this DMUA...

Well on the meteor scene it literally cuts to black weekly, we can't assume she tanked it as it kicks up a cloud of dust and we don't get to see anything before it cuts forward in time...

We don't but we can't assume she simply tanked it when the screen cuts to black. We don't know how she handled the falling chunk of rock thus we can't use it, she very well could have tanked it or she simply survived it via regen, we don't know.

Yes that feat would probably work far better.

The castle thing was done of screen too, no..? And after a prolonged figth and not one attack... right?

Ricsi-viragosi said:
You agreed to this DMUA...
I agree to a lot of things because I'm a tired, bitter man

that said now that I remember what was wrong ugh

I think it would be possible to anglesize the size of the section of storm that was pulled together directly on screen, just using the height of the storm for distance and thereby getting size

I dunno I'm still perpetually tired

https://roosterteeth.com/watch/rwby-volume-6-3 23:10

They went out of their way to show them clash, then show stock images of their fight while rwby and co. react, and only after that does the castle collapse, it absolutely looks to have not been done with one hit at all.

At 23:33 you can see them exchanging blasts inside it, so it's obvious it didn't all happen at once.

sleeping off schedule is the whole reason why I'm this tired

my mid day naps are killing me man

Can we try using instability for Ozpin's storm? If the weather was "unusually violent" then we could go with 4 kilojoules. Combined with the standard radius for storms since it crossed the horizon like Raven's and we end up with 9.63 megatons.

Considering it could be very well the exact same as ravens? ( I would describe ravens storm as unusally violent weather wouldn't you?) They create storms with the same energy we have zero reason to believe ozpins storms would differ from ravens. Why would we assume the offscreen feat made via the same method would differ from the onscreen feat enough to be more easily usable?

Right then

(20000^2 x pi x 8000 x 1.003) x 4000 / 4.184e9 / 1e6 = 9.63982388 megatons

20000 meters for the radius

8000 for the height

Multiply it all by pi for the volume

1.003 for the mass in kg/m^3

Times by 4000 kj/kg and then divide by 4.184e9 to get the yeild in tons

Divide by 1e6 to get yeild in megatons

Half maiden Cinder gets Small City level+ round 4.81991194 megatons specifically.

The pen or the sword said:
Considering it could be very well the exact same as ravens? ( I would describe ravens storm as unusally violent weather wouldn't you?) They create storms with the same energy we have zero reason to believe ozpins storms would differ from ravens. Why would we assume the offscreen feat made via the same method would differ from the onscreen feat enough to be more easily usable?
hmmm

When did he create a storm that lasted days? It says unsually violent weather and unfamiliarity with the desert climate, we have nothing suggested he made a storm that lasted days...

Back