• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Storm revision.

What do you mean "how does that discredit the feat"? The KE calc assumes that all of the mass of water is being taken from the edge to the middle.

The clouds, however, did not travel those six kilometers, and were ceritanly not doing so at 413 m/s.

That's still fundamentally wrong. That KE assumes that the clouds moved from the border to the middle (or opposite of that), which are both wrong. The clouds didn't move six kilometers to get there. That was the whole point of the argument, they were visibly created across the sky, in a spiralling motion, but still visibly created.

You could probably just calculate the portion of the storm spinning, if you had some way to measure how big of a chunk it was

which uh

DMUA said:
You could probably just calculate the portion of the storm spinning, if you had some way to measure how big of a chunk it was
which uh
Uh... assume average storm height and try angsizing it..? No, I have no idea what to angsize it with...

You'd have to have a perspective on the height, and the view is from the ground up to the sky

wait, we do already have a height for storm clouds, that can indeed be used

Alright!

I don't think I can reliably calc that, so I'll leave it to other suckers while I read through three ~1500 chapter novels so that my verse can stay out of yellow or orange on the verse extermination.

Again, Maiden-level Ozpin was able to create violent storms in the recent war, that offers some consistency

Was that in the book or am I just having amnesia?

If the book, please show quotes of that once you're home, if it's not a bother.

I am not certain "unusually violent weather conditions" is really enough to just say that it's not like the the storm Raven made.

A KE calc for it is kind of out by default anyways, I think.

Why woud it be assumed to be one like DMUA calced instead of being like a storm shown on-screen tough?

I think (From reading over the thread) the main realization here was the storm isn't calculable? The way it forms and moves doesn't add up, the clouds don't move in from the horizon so KE is out and their was a problem with using light buster calc from what i could gather, the rotational energy wouldn't be overly impressive due to the center spinning faster then the edges.

Weekly brought up another storm feat but it was done in a artistic paper scene and not shown explicitly so their can be no calc, weekly wants to use the offscreen feat to support their current rating but we don't get to see it so it can't be calced and for all we know this storm would be just as unusable if we did see it.

It might be possible using the default height of clouds or something but I know nothing about the inner workings of such a calc so it needs to be done.

Beyond that not really sure of the exact implications of this... Though I suspect it could result in a downgrade as light buster implied.

Except it was shown explicitly? Even if it downgrades them to a lowball Low 7-B its still a feat, we cant just ignore it for no reason.

Except we can't calc just like we can't currently calc the on screen storm feat without assuming the cloud height, we have no reason to assume the offscreen storm feat is any different, heck you figure out a way to calc the feat and ill be impressed.

Then why are we scaling to that feat rather then the onscreen storm feat? Also didn't they use to scale to High 7-C off the old storm calc? Why must it now be low 7b? If the one storm feat we have has so many problems why are we assuming the ones created in the war would be any different.

Raven's feat was 7-B not High 7-C but we arent scaling to that feat anymore. Ozpin's feat is the one we are going to be scaling to, which is Low 7-B

Raven's feat was 7-B not High 7-C but we arent scaling to that feat anymore. Ozpin's feat is the one we are going to be scaling to, which is Low 7-B

WeeklyBattles said:
Your response to risci asking what they would scale to now that the storm calc wasn't considered applicable. Your response was the old high 7c value would be fine as the old method would still work.... Im just wondering why we're scaling them to low 7 b based off an off screen feat that could be just as problematic as the recalc version.

I was just quoting you in this thread weekly, Im aware of the calc being discussed. Im still not confident in the low 7b rating as raven's storm creation feat is now under scrutiny and ozpins was totally off screen so it could be similar to hers.

Id like to hear others thoughts, if everyone is fine with low 7b I won't protest further.

Oz's feat and Raven's feat are two completely different things, the storms visible formed differently

Can you link the feat your reffering to? If your reffering to your preivous link its an artistic rendition, we can't know how the storm formed, how it behaved or what it looked like, we arnt given that information.

Occams razor dictates it formed the same way ravens did as we have no reason to believe ozpin would make storms in a different manner as their source of power is the same, they both use magic why would ozpins storm creation differ....

Do we have any other tier to put the maidens at without the storms? If so, we could just put "possibly Low 7-B" after said tier due to vagueness.

But yes, Occam's Razor dictates the storm was the same, as we have no reaason to differentiate the two.

I don't know how that method of calcing works, though if I understand it well it shouldn't be an earthquacke calc at all.

Back