• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Storm revision.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Just apply it to Ozpin. And Cinder if the 15 second was accepted.
How is it no one noticed when I posted this thread several weeks ago?

Anyways, DMUA felt it made sense to use 15 seconds when we talked about it. But if we're using the low end, Cinder needs to be updatedd to Low 7-B+, not Low 7-B.

I mead, this isn't about sense. It's on screen, from what I saw it was 18 seconds assuming the five seconds of building up energy and making the ground shake are ignored. Until then, you can see the clouds moving behind her still.

Stuff starts happening and the storm forms in 15

DMUA said:
Stuff starts happening and the storm forms in 15
Well, firstly, the time spent up building energy to make it happen should definitly matter to a "joules per second" calc, but regardless it 4:46 and stops moving at 5:05.

Unless you want to take the 4 seconds in which it covered the place.

It wouldn't effect the Kinetic energy of the motion, it just means they need a bit of time to build up all the energy in them

It already covers all the calculated distance by 4:48, with the winds start picking up earlier

... then again that could just be the buildup since the actual covering of the sky happens as fast as you mention

I dunno

I mean, I don't see why they wouldn't be summoning that storm, because there sure didn't seem enough clouds to do that at all (and visibly form under a cloud, which remains unmoving all throughout the animation).

I'm not sure how much movement was done to be honest... it's pretty hard to time with it happening in the same second, but you see the first storm clouds form.

After that, you see some other clouds form more by the center, and ther before made and newly made clouds join. Later, again, more clouds appear and merge with the others. There is some movement, yeah, but saying that all of the clouds came from the edge to the middle at full speed seems pretty eh.

And that's not even considering the fact that this was all before storm revisions when it was pointed out that clouds go way beyond the horizon and we should instead use the visibility cap of 20 KM, which is something I've kinda mulled over

feat's wack

Can KE be used to calc it with my point? It's pretty obvious it wasn't KE-d in from off-screen but appeared above them.

I guess... but the further out you go the less it seems to move, and when you see Vernal's close-up shot you can see clouds barely moving behind her... I saw real life clouds faster than that is what I mean.

Yeah ugh

I guess you could probably simplify it by using the total timeframe to account for speedups and downs

Start at 4:32 when the wind slightly starts going, and stop at 5:03 when it completely stops, I'd think

Not super on point but with the information we have it's all we've got

Alright, but how do we calculate the speed? The middle seems to be visibly moving faster, and that takes away most of what would make spiraling movement impressive.

Well ugh

like just

divide 20,000 meters (or maybe the original value of 6200.9 meters) by 31 seconds

that's all I've got

Lightbuster30 said:
RKE? Since it's spinning?
Well, that's the problem with the middle spinning faster than the sides.

And unlike solid objects, the I don't think spinnig gas would work that well with it. But I'm not sure about that.

Imagine being so bad at an upgrade CRT that you write 8 words in the OP and still manage to make it into a downgrade...

...What do you mean?

KE is unusable as is. That makes Kep's unusable. Kal's had problems fundamentally even if we take CAPE.

You can clearly see the clouds formiong out of nowhere, and clouds that you can see before the storm is being made remain static througout.

That means that there is absolutely no way it all cam from the edge of the storm in.

It also does not expand. It (the clouds) starts from outside and slowely becomes more thick, being rather obviously not being moved.

You can clearly see clouds appearing out of nowhere, so assuming that they moved from the middle outwards is not something you can do without further reasoning.

Can you post screenshots... or something? Not dobting you, but for a proper calc that stuff is kind of needed... especially when you visibly see that the storm absolutely doesn't expand from the middle.

Like, really blatantly. At 4:48 you see cloud forming at the sides of the shown part of the sky and then it slowely condesnes while moving circularly.

I can when i get home

And? How does that discredit the feat?

Oz was also confirmed to have created wide-scale storms during the war

Either way, following into my suggestion

If we used the anglesized distance, 6200.9 meters divided by 31 is 200.029032 meters per second, .5 times 9.69282224e11 times 200.029032^2 is 1.9391273e+16 Joules, 4.63462546099 Megatons, Small City level+

If we used max visibility, 20000 divided by 31 is 645.161290323 meters per second, .5 times 10083255780961 times 645.161290323^2 is 2.0984924e+18 Joules, 501.551710842 Megatons, Mountain level

The best I can do, just ignore the circular motion and say past all the wonky motions and whatnot that it's comparable to the matter moving in at that speed

Back