• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop saying "they got stomped but took more than one hit" as if that means anything? They still got stomped and are obviously inferior.

Kepekley23 said:
eah and that same summon completely pierced Hazel through the gut. Same tier.

Not only did Hazel tank that pierce, Weiss was amp'ed when she did that.
Tanking? He took it and suffered for it. His durability was weaker than the Summons AP in that case. Also ignoring that it went through his Aura (or I guess it wasn't on at the time). Weiss amped by Jaune's aura transfer. Meaning it was Jaune's aura that made Weiss' 7-B which would make Jaune 7-B

Kepekley23 said:
6. Oobleck one shooting a Paladin, well Yang did the same too so again thanks.

Completely false and out of context. Yang couldn't even handle a prototype on her own. She had to team up with Blake to defeat one.
Yang after using her semblance one shot it.

Omg. People think I get mad for no reason but I do when I feel like people ignore my points or use illogical arguments. Weiss went from 8-C to 7-B because jaune replenished her aura? Nani...? Anywa, most Of the points still haven't been tackled. Where is 7-B Blake for ko Adam and knocking down Hazel. Where is 7-B ren for taking attacks from Tyrian and bloodlusted Hazel

The Everlasting said:
Can we stop saying "they got stomped but took more than one hit" as if that means anything? They still got stomped and are obviously inferior.
Yeah but that doesn't have anything to do with AP. Neo stomped Yang but they are the same tier. Same can be said for the other encounters

The Everlasting said:
What does that have to do with AP. Put neo at 7-B then?

@Everlasting everyone calls Neo beating Yang a stomp. So please tell me how it doesn't work that way. Unless people are using the word stomp incorrectly.

With Blake's help. The same way Ruby with Weiss's boost generated enough momentum to outright down a Nevermore

The Everlasting said:
This.

I can cite several examples on fiction of that not being true. Heck, I can cite examples IRL.

Fiction is, above everything, fiction. Rarely do authors keep track of exact power levels and try to religiously follow them. Most simply do not calc their feats or even have a notion of how strong they really are (Like LISA's feats, that are blatantly really high Wall level to lower Small Building, still the characters are consistently threatened by guns or surprise attacks from mooks). 7-Bs not oneshotting 8-Cs makes perfect sense for me.

It's not even all that much about one shot. It's people like em and merc 8-C cinder too. Taking out a maiden together. Like I said not arguing all my points. Causally stomped has no proof In most of the situations which have been debunked.

The Everlasting said:
Neo stomping Yang does not make them the same tier.

Not like it matters because Neo isn't 7-B anyway.
It doesn't yet they are the same tier currently. They should be the same tier since Neo did not win by having a higher AP

Kepekley23 said:

With Blake's help. The same way Ruby with Weiss's boost generated enough momentum to outright down a Nevermore
Dude Yang obliterated the Paladin's arm with no help whatsoever after using her semblance. If she had hit its chest the same would have happened

It does matter about neo. You are saying Tyrian should be 7-B for " causally stomping " as well as neo, but she is on 8-A. The point we are making, the " stomping " had nothing to do with AP.

Twisted Little Raven said:
It's like a kung fu master being 9-B for stomping a regular human. Only dif is, the rwby situation is far worse
Not saying that.

But if someone has a 7-B feat and wins casually against 8-C people, even if not oneshotting them, then I think that the guy is 7-B.

The problem with that is, you are still using arguments for someone that can simply be on a high end of a tier. Also, there are lots of examples in that show that contradict the tier difference. As we stated but hasn't been tackled

Ricsi-viragosi said:
neo doesent have a 7b feat tho...
Neo blocked an attack by Raven who is 7-B. Raven was going for a full on kill with the attack and Neo casually blocked it while jumping back

Also I said don't use casual with no evidence to support it. Cinder casually stomped Pyrrha. I watched that fight many times and never saw that. It's only used to prevent scaling Pyrrha, so ppl use her laughter as justification which she even did vs raven branwen. It's simply her character

There are no examples of people being on the same Tier, it's just that you two don't understand that getting stomped isn't a feat

Omfg. I said the stomping had nothing to do with AP. Just like neo stomping yang. Do I gotta write a song about it? Sing it? And upload It to YouTube?

Right, she easily blocked an attack from the strongest 7-B in rwby.

Don't treat a half second long scene that you have to slow down 10 times to see clearly as a 7-B feat. Neo's expression changed from casual to afraid as soon as she spotted Raven. She literally fled immediately. She doesn't scale at all.

Please treat tier difference like it should be. Watch rwby be put against other High 8-Cs, even when they hurt and took attacks from the 7-Bs in the show. My point is treat AP like it should be.

Kepekley23 said:
There are no examples of people being on the same Tier, it's just that you two don't understand that getting stomped isn't a feat
Please argue against Ruby tanking a 7-B fireball from Cinder without breaking Ruby's aura. Such a massive tier difference would lay waste to Ruby.

Or Ruby cutting off a tail that has 7-B durability.

Or Hazel launching an electric attack which harm Ren. Also it's the SAME attack that destroyed Weiss' summon. Again it didn't even break Ren's aura.

There's more but I'm not gonna keep fighting paragraphs. Continue with your rebuttal to those points

@Kep Neo being afraid doesn't mean anything. Someone can be easily afraid of another character in the same tier. Poor argument

I am getting extremely frustrated if people are going to ignore what I say. So I'll stop here. Do whatever you want with rwby. I hope not to see a violation report 5 mins later tho.

@Triforce

Yeah that's an extremely minor amount of damage to you. However the gap between 7-B and 8-A (or 8-C and whatnot) is immensely higher than that of an Ant and a human

Also, Neo didn't even block the attack. You can see with 0.25x speed that the sword slices clean through her arm and that she's supposed to have dodged it.

Please argue against Ruby tanking a 7-B fireball from Cinder without breaking Ruby's aura. Such a massive tier difference would lay waste to Ruby.

You mean the exact same thing she did with a random guard? Does that make the guard 7-B? Or do we recognize it as a Stomping Feat that doesn't remotely scale to the guard?

Or Ruby cutting off a tail that has 7-B durability.

This is very out of context. It happened right after Tyrian's battle with Qrow, where he was exhausted and barely had any Aura left.

Or Hazel launching an electric attack which harm Ren. Also it's the SAME attack that destroyed Weiss' summon. Again it didn't even break Ren's aura.

You mean the exact same attack that took Ren out of the fight? The same lightning that one-shotted a Queen Lancer that could utterly nosell Weiss's Dust?

Stop treating stomp matches like actual feats.

@Arrogant kinda was lol. Wouldn't a 10-C rock break apart at a 9-C person before much harm is being done? Again the difference in tier is not even close to that of tier 7 and tier 8.

@Nico

The difference doesn't matter. The point is that getting stomped and barely standing up after getting destroyed by your opponent is not a feat, and is never treated as such here. Otherwise Low 2-C Golden Freeza for getting casually trounced by GoD Toppo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back