• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Stat Revision: Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides three second moments like Blake kicking over Hazel, literally every time RNJR (And related characters) have fought one of the 7-Bs, they got stomped.

Ruby vs. Cinder? She deflected Ruby's attacks with one hand and IIRC ran circles around her in the second fight.

Pyrrha vs. Cinder? She gets Cinder in a headlock for a few seconds but otherwise has her attacks deflected and dies.

Blake and Yang vs. Adam? I don't think he's even 7-B, but he easily repelled Blake's attacks and casually sliced Semblance Yang's arm off in one attack.

RNJR vs. Tyrian? He literally laughs at their attacks, depleted Ruby's Aura in three hits, and an attack from charged Nora didn't even make him budge.

Everyone vs. Hazel? He pummels Nora and Ren without even trying to kill them, easily destroyed Weiss' Queen Lancer summon and only took any notable damage by Nora charging from his own lightning and Oscar's attacks.

@Kep

If volume 1 Ruby performed a 8-C+ feat, i can honestly see people like Coco being High 8-C.

Less certain about someone like Pyrrha or Penny

I honestly believe Base Cinder should be downgraded from 7-B as I mentioned above. She was never portrayed as much stronger than Emerald or Mercury.

The first time she knocked Amber out of the air, she was manipulating the remnants of Amber's own fireball and using it against her. Moments later, she gets knocked aside by Amber with relative ease, and Mercury actually recovers from that attack faster than she does.

Amber was only defeated because Cinder took her off guard. That, and Adam needing his semblance to be a casual 8-C+, makes me think they're both just High 8-C.

Though i dont know about using energy to create storms for ap, especialy when the cretores obviusly dont know the amount of power needed for it. Sure, we can put logic before plot like this, but a weather based ability ALONE shouldent scale to everyone, but thats just me

The Everlasting said:
Besides three second moments like Blake kicking over Hazel, literally every time RNJR (And related characters) have fought one of the 7-Bs, they got stomped.

Ruby vs. Cinder? She deflected Ruby's attacks with one hand and IIRC ran circles around her in the second fight.

Pyrrha vs. Cinder? She gets Cinder in a headlock for a few seconds but otherwise has her attacks deflected and dies.

Blake and Yang vs. Adam? I don't think he's even 7-B, but he easily repelled Blake's attacks and casually sliced Semblance Yang's arm off in one attack.

RNJR vs. Tyrian? He literally laughs at their attacks, depleted Ruby's Aura in three hits, and an attack from charged Nora didn't even make him budge.

Everyone vs. Hazel? He pummels Nora and Ren without even trying to kill them, easily destroyed Weiss' Queen Lancer summon and only took any notable damage by Nora charging from his own lightning and Oscar's attacks.
1. Cinder reflected with her forcefields not "just a hand"

2. Ignoring that Pyrrha ragdolled Cinder with hint gears as well.

3. Easily beating someone and slicing a body part off do NOT mean higher AP, just higher skill. Also he was amped with his semblance so of course he cut off her arm.

4. Yeah Tyrian took them all on and blocked a strike with his tail. You are ignoring that Ruby CUT Tyrian's tail off. Scream outlier but there's many feats all over the place for same tier but massively different skill level. Taking out Ruby's aura in 3 hits is an anti-feat or a feat for Ruby's durability, considering their tier difference it should only take one hit.

5. Everyone vs Hazel? You're plain wrong. Sure he takes out Ren but he doesn't even break Ren's aura. Nora took hits and again not even her aura broke. Easily destroyed Weiss' summon? Not true in the slightest, there was a lot of offscreen fighting (too much in vol 5) and it took an attack from Lionheart (a 7-B) and another from Lionheart to take it out.

Look whether 7-B stays they should ALL be the same tier period regardless of whatever tier. Ignoring that is ignorance.

As I stated before with Cinder and Ruby.

Ruby tanked an attack from Cinder and didn't even break her aura. There's no tier difference at all. Give me proof other than saying "outliers everywhere"

They're not even outliers. The characters just simply aren't on their level.

I'm on mobile so I can't provide a full answer, but just saying Ruby cut off Tyrian's tail is enormously out of context. His Aura was depleted during his fight with Qrow.

Ignoring that Pyrrha ragdolled Cinder with hint gears as well.

https://youtu.be/XY07PITXnwM?t=140

That's not even remotely what happens.

Easily beating someone and slicing a body part off do NOT mean higher AP, just higher skill. Also he was amped with his semblance so of course he cut off her arm.

One shotting someone through a forcefield absolutely means higher AP.

Yeah Tyrian took them all on and blocked a strike with his tail. You are ignoring that Ruby CUT Tyrian's tail off. Scream outlier but there's many feats all over the place for same tier but massively different skill level. Taking out Ruby's aura in 3 hits is an anti-feat or a feat for Ruby's durability, considering their tier difference it should only take one hit.

After he took a massive beating from Qrow. He was stomping team RNJR before that.

Keeps being derailed for no reason.

If people have a problem with certain tiers make a thread about it don't clog up this one.

Em and merc took attacks from a god tier ( maiden), and visibly did something to her. The God tiers have never even one shotted the students. Hazel bloodlusted couldn't even take out ren aura.

Code:
Pyrrha vs cinder, the fight was showing how much of a better fighter Pyrrha is from the rest of the students. People say " casually stomped " because she was laughing, which she even did against Raven branwen who is a slightly better fighter than cinder.
Tyrian there was a part where he kicked ren and Nora I think and they were still ready to fight. If Tyrian is casual because he laughing than cinder was casual vs raven and Tyrian was casual against qrow.

Stomping someone on your tier isn't a jump. It would be at least rating.

It is not an outlier in any cases, like Blake kicking Hazel. The pros are stronger yes, but. Not that high. Like I said it's experience

@Kal

1. Pyrrha clearly slams Cinder down with a gear down her gut. Perhaps ragdoll is much but Pyrrha was able to temporarily restrain Cinder with those gears.

2. Taking out Yang's arm through her aura yes, but like I said that was ONLY by him using his semblance which amps his AP. Normally slicing off a body part does not mean higher AP.

3. When does taking a beating from someone decrease your overall durability? It does not. Tier 8 character cuts off a tier 7 body part of another character. Does not compute.

Many of my other points have clearly not been argued either:

1. Mercury and Emerald tanking hit by Amber while also harming her.

2. Cinder fireballing Ruby

3. Hazel harming Ren

4. Neo blocking an attack from Raven

Please argue those points and any others I've because there are no answers for those

Poinciana1971 said:
Keeps being derailed for no reason.

If people have a problem with certain tiers make a thread about it don't clog up this one.
It's not detailing, we are discussing RWBY revisions which is what the thread is about

Agree with nico completely. People on the same tier that stomp another only gets at least. Rwby chars are at 8-C, and 7-B+ can't even one shot someone multiple tiers lower. There is a reason for this tho, it's like I said, its experience mostly. Hazel is technically the strongest, but even he isn't on another tier from the rest. Saying casual does not fix everything when I have proved it wasn't. He got knocked down by Blake, couldn't take out ren aura, for dragged by Weiss summon and impaled. I'm sorry but there is no tier difference. People are arguing feats that can easily be given to someone with an at least rating. Remember when everyone was 8-A and pros were at " At least 8-A" the tiers might not have been right but.. the placements were in terms of pros aren't a tier above the students

Not seen the whole discussion (Kinda in a hurry atm), but a character casually beating one of a lower tier, even if it isn't by one-shotting, does not just give him "at least" if he has greater feats.

A 7-B not oneshotting a 8-C but still casually beating him does support the feat.

@Kep did you read my response to Kaltias? Doesn't seem like you did.

Yeah and that same summon completely pierced Hazel through the gut. Same tier. Weiss' attacks being weaker against a Queen Lancer only with range attacks. Hazel is arguably more powerful so it make sense that his attacks would be more effective against the Queen Lancer than Weiss'.

I explained already about Pyrrha and Cinder, that stands. Ragdoll may have been too strong of a word but again Pyrrha slammed her to the ground with a gear in the gut.

Ozpin said Pyrrha would just get in his way.

Ozpin said RNJR wasn't ready to fight Salem's Forces.

Adam one shotted Yang and stomping Blake. (High 8-C)

Neo stomping Yang and Ruby with ease.

Heck Roman was beating Blake in their first fight (He's 8-C+)

Doctor Oobleck one shotted a Prototype Paladin that team RWBY struggled with.

Qrow and Tyrian moving too fast for Ruby to help.

Please do not keep using casual with no evidence to support it. A decisive win isn't a stomp. If the 7-Bs were not being hurt at all by 8-C and if the 7-Bs were actually one shooting.. you cannot use casual for every situation when a student fights a pro. It is only used to prevent scaling the students. Hazel bloodlusted can't even take out ren aura, got knocked down by Blake and got impaled. I'm saying everyone needs to be higher or everyone needs to be on same tier. Was amber casual vs em merc and cin? Kep agreed Cindy should be downgraded as well. Makes it even worse that they hurt amber, took plenty of attacks from as well.

eah and that same summon completely pierced Hazel through the gut. Same tier.

Not only did Hazel tank that pierce, Weiss was amp'ed when she did that.

AMP Weiss is 7-B? He still got pierced and dragged. There is no tier difference, I see no proof of a tier difference, all I see is arguments used for someone that can be given an at least rating

I explained already about Pyrrha and Cinder, that stands. Ragdoll may have been too strong of a word but again Pyrrha slammed her to the ground with a gear in the gut.

Cinder one-shotted the Gear Formation.

The problem is that you're focusing on millisecond-long scenes wheere the characters manage to land a hit and ignoring the rest of the fight, where they are completely destroyed.

Amped Weiss is 7-B BECAUSE she did that to hazel. Hell a comparable summon was oneshot by Vernal who by all intents ane purposes should be much weaker than Hazel

" where they were completely destroyed " in talking about AP. There is no ap difference. You haven't even tackled all of our points. Skill is the main reason the pros stomp the students. That's like me saying neo is 7-B for casually beating yang. Literally no dif in other scenarios

@Poinciana

1. Pyrrha getting in the way? She would but that does NOT imply AP. Only skill and powers that Cinder had.

2. RNJR not being ready again does not constitute AP only skill.

3. Adam being amped doesn't mean his base tier is any higher than Blake or Yang's. If anything there's no proof that him being amped isn't higher than Hazel or any of them.

4. Neo stomping Yang and Ruby? Neo blocked a 7-B hit by Raven and fought Yang and Ruby without obliterating them. Thanks that helps my point. Neo 7-B and Yang plus Ruby will be 7-B considering Yang tanked a crapload from Neo.

5. Roman would scale from Blake and Ruby being 7-B. So there.

6. Oobleck one shooting a Paladin, well Yang did the same too so again thanks.

7. I'm not discussing speed so that's meaningless. Also shooting a moving target is not easy so of course it was hard.

6. Oobleck one shooting a Paladin, well Yang did the same too so again thanks.

Completely false and out of context. Yang couldn't even handle a prototype on her own. She had to team up with Blake to defeat one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back